• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Wait a minute. @GodlyCharmander seems to have been banned due to his own request, so he could have had his ban lifted anytime he wanted by just asking me or some other staff member about it. As such, I do not think that creating a single alternate account to use in its stead (@TioKill) seems like a permanently bannable offence without any chance of parole.

Also, he seems to have been a harmless and constructive member.
Iirc he was banned here in the RVR thread because of what he has said to AKM sama and not by his request.

Well, he likely did have good intentions to help out with revisions via his sockpuppet, but except for that it seems like you are all correct.

I have talked with AKM in private about this issue, and will not object further to the ban now.

I deleted the page and gave a warning message:

Wait a minute. @GodlyCharmander seems to have been banned due to his own request, so he could have had his ban lifted anytime he wanted by just asking me or some other staff member about it.
Since even before his request to be perma-banned he was banned for a year, asking to have said request nulled would’ve shortened his ban rather than lifting it, and thus the creation of the @TioKill account was still ban evasion

Wait a minute. @GodlyCharmander seems to have been banned due to his own request, so he could have had his ban lifted anytime he wanted by just asking me or some other staff member about it. As such, I do not think that creating a single alternate account to use in its stead (@TioKill) seems like a permanently bannable offence without any chance of parole.

Also, he seems to have been a harmless and constructive member.
GodlyCharmander was not harmless at all, he literally exploded all over AKM Sama and quite literally harassed him which warranted a year long block, but then later said he was intentionally trying to get himself permabanned. Also, he attempted multiple socks despite him saying he wanted to be permabanned which is a clear face value evidence of dishonesty and borderline maliciousness.

Now as for HR Group investigating the likes of Mitch or KingTempest, Mitch had only just found out and was about to report it before Crabwhale got it first, so I do think Mitch is innocent. As for KingTempest, I don't really know context but I think he should try to explain his side of the story. He allegedly knew but said nothing to report it, but maybe he was looking for hard evidence or was afraid to face any backlash upon outing him rather than out of apathy or malicious intentions. But either way, I think KingTempest should explain his side of the story.

I'm curious about this one. As far as I know, there was one sock. What is the evidence for the other ones?
I have not memorized specific names, and I can't really double check since the Super Mod can only check accounts awaiting approval/rejecting, as mentioned above, only Bureaucrats can recheck ones already approved/rejected and switch status. But based on memory, I have seen a few accounts shortly after the time of GodlyCharmander's ban where some accounts had "Shared IP Address with banned users (GodlyCharmander)" on the list of details next to the name on the approval queue.
Tempest's situation is already being reviewed by the HR, as far as I am aware.
Yeah I'm already speaking to HR about it.
It isn't really in my best interest to speak it out in public, nor is it anyone's business outside of staff.
Fair enough, I was asked about it in DMs and will keep it out of public then.

Now as for HR Group investigating the likes of Mitch or KingTempest, Mitch had only just found out and was about to report it before Crabwhale got it first, so I do think Mitch is innocent.
So do I.
As for KingTempest, I don't really know context but I think he should try to explain his side of the story. He allegedly knew but said nothing to report it, but maybe he was looking for hard evidence or was afraid to face any backlash upon outing him rather than out of apathy or malicious intentions. But either way, I think KingTempest should explain his side of the story.
Strongly agreed.

Yes, I suppose so. I don't like being overly harsh against members who are very clueless rather than malicious, but he is unfortunately not leaving us much of a choice.

This user/these group of users have been tacking the same calculation over and over and over and over a ******* gain and its irritating.

It keeps tackling how "KT's calc is wrong since he didn't take a deep breath before he did it, my calculation has (insert new useless barely changing effect)" and nothing is new except the value is raised.

All he's doing is changing tiny steps over and over and exaggerating a distance so the feat reaches FTL+, which is why every thread has FTL+ at the end of it, and even trying to use a bigass size again in another blog just to raise the value, again.
270º when a weapon barely moves 45º. Deadass?

The points have been reused, reduced, and recycled over and over and over again.

I don't request a thread ban, but I request this user should just leave this calculation alone, and all other users should give this topic a grace period.

We can't change several dozens of profiles every 5 minutes all because someone wants them FTL+.

This user/these group of users have been tacking the same calculation over and over and over and over a ******* gain and its irritating.

It keeps tackling how "KT's calc is wrong since he didn't take a deep breath before he did it, my calculation has (insert new useless barely changing effect)" and nothing is new except the value is raised.

All he's doing is changing tiny steps over and over and exaggerating a distance so the feat reaches FTL+, which is why every thread has FTL+ at the end of it, and even trying to use a bigass size again in another blog just to raise the value, again.
270º when a weapon barely moves 45º. Deadass?

The points have been reused, reduced, and recycled over and over and over again.

I don't request a thread ban, but I request this user should just leave this calculation alone, and all other users should give this topic a grace period.

We can't change several dozens of profiles every 5 minutes all because someone wants them FTL+.
One of them is TioKill, a user recently banned for being a GodlyCharmander sock. And a few of those users also have very few edits, though I do not recall any "Shared IP Address" or "Shared Email Address" with anyone in particular.

DDM... I assume KT is not reporting regarding this... he is reporting because many of them are targeting his calculation to be proven as invalid.
I know, I was just pointing out suspicions in combination with the OPs being too similar. But a grace period when a major content revision for a verse as big as One Piece sounds warrented.

Yeah the fact is they're going back and forth for the sole purpose of shoving this feat and the calculation down our throats

Even KLOL doesn't wanna get involved anymore

I sent TioKill's thread because it was part of the back and forth. I'm not accusing them of being a sock, I'm saying they should stop spamming the threads

First, I'll wait for the staff's thoughts on this. And second, I'll keep calmly gathering every instance of this if it repeats in the future, to see how many it takes before the snowball is noticed.
No seriously, it's just banter. It breaks no rules and it's just how some people on this site talk, don't take it personally. It's not a snowball, it's just how this is.

Also yeah, not including more context doesn't lend much more credibility. Perhaps link the comments on the thread individually?

Edit: Yeah they linked the thread, that's my bad

No seriously, it's just banter. It breaks no rules and it's just how some people on this site talk, don't take it personally. It's not a snowball, it's just how this is.

Also yeah, not including the thread or any context whatsoever doesn't give the report any more credibility.
Again, I'm waiting for the staff's thoughts on it. Also, the thread is included in the post actually. There's no snowball currently yes but when this kind of behavior gets handwaved constantly like "just casual banter", it can snowball.
I'm saying that if it repeats, I will absolutely keep track of the instances and post them all together at one point here.

Back