• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-evident intelligence revisions thread

Alright. Also, does anyone know what level would be appropriate for the Frog Monsters? Ant told me At least Below Average, likely Average, but I just wanted to be sure.

Ben Daimio stated the frogs are nearly as intelligent as humans. One was noted by Roger to be quite capable of fighting intelligently and their cult was said to keep a step ahead of the B.P.R.D. and continue spreading despite their best efforts. Another one of them was able to lay a trap and play mind games with a group of B.P.R.D. agents using the corpse of their teammate as a decoy, eventually bringing down all five of them, who believed that they were set upon by an entire group of frogs. With better senses than humans, one was able to ambush Hellboy in near total darkness, and as they mature rapidly, they're born with full knowledge of their purpose and language "programmed" into their genetics

What does this put Baki's intellect at?
Immensely high in terms of martial prowess, resourceful and tactful fighter who makes use of multiple styles of combat at once when facing his adversaries. Makes use of savvy and rather pragmatic tactics to gain the advantage over opponents, such as using his own blood to blind them. Knows how to effectively rattle someone's brain by a positioned punch to the chin. Capable of imagining and even outright interact to some degree with mental visualizations of creatures and individuals to develop new stances and techniques without the need of them physically being there. Rather low academically. With a grand portion of his time primarily being focused on training or fighting much of his formal education is spent sleeping in class.

Maybe "Genius in terms of martial prowess. Average otherwise."?

Alright, here's what I got. And I also fixed some grammatical errors.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

I made some minor adjustments:

Please don't talk about it here, discuss that in PM or respective verse thread.

Also, what would be the appropriate intelligence level to give to Mori Dan here?

Mori is not much of an intellectual, but he was born with extremely keen battle instincts. He is capable of changing strategies on the fly and can copy most martial arts techniques after only encountering them once, adding them to his arsenal while combining them with his own Taekwondo techniques

Maybe "Genius in combat. Average otherwise"?

Got it!

How about for Gogeta (Xeno)?

With a combination of Vegeta's cunning and Goku's prodigal skill, Gogeta is an extremely intelligent individual when it comes to combat, with skill that is matched only by the greatest of opponents. He should possess Goku's mastery of ki and understanding of the Super Saiyan transformations and their costs and his ability to effortlessly replicate other ki-based techniques, along with Vegeta's cunning and skill at reading his opponents' movements. Also possesses more knowledge when it comes to time & history due to both Xeno Goku's and Xeno Vegeta's time as Time Patrollers dealing with Demons who break history often

I am not sure. What are Xeno Goku's and Vegeta's current intelligence statistics?

Okay, and their combat intelligence is Genius level I suppose?

Well, maybe "At least Above Average in general. At least Genius combatant." would work?

Here you are.

Would this count for Extraordinary Genius or the Supergenius Baseline?

(He is an adept builder capable of great crafting iron and animal farms that can create hundreds and hundreds of materials in minutes, he has built weapons of nuclear destruction and battle robots powered by nuclear energy, he knows how to perform calculations with Pythagorean theorem, he graduated from Oxford in the physical engineering of temporal airships. He almost graduated from Oxford in Quantum Nuclear Physics if he wasn't blamed for cheating (thing that is a lie, since he study and does not cheat), he won the presidency after building his political career in less than a day. Has built a machine capable of cloning itself and another capable of modifying the DNA of living beings, created the Epic Destroyer Despertator, an alarm that multiplied a musical note by 100 billion and ripped apart the sound factory around the world. He has designed several time machines capable of moving forwards and backwards in the timestream, he has hidden himself from all living beings of the world for 4 months who actively judged him, created a Zombies virus that spread around the world, built space shuttles and UFOs that can fly at FTL speed and go through the Sun itself, know the ninja arts and how to make a hot air balloon)

Sounds like Extradentary Genius unless some universal in scale statements are added.
Unless we count the bug that his time machine broke time itself and breached multiple timelines, which was more of a glitch related, because they planted a chip to destroy the Time machine or the Epic Destroyer Despertator when it broke the sound fabric it was on a universal scale🤔

That is just average Extraordinary Genius level, not anywhere near Supergenius qualifications.

ARIA's intelligence has been brought down to "At least Extraordinary Genius", but I believe she deserved her previous rating.
When I revised the verse, I compiled a blog with all her notable intelligence feats, and although nearly all of them are indeed only EG level, I'd say some of them, which are listed below (every reference is in the blog), should grant her such rating:

Is based on a system of recursive self-improvement and kept learning day by day since her first activation in 1967 (the latest events depicted in canon are set roughly in 2017-18) at a mind-boggling pace, eventually reaching singularity.. Already on day 1,983 since her first activation, she looked back to her early diary entries and remained surprised by the change that had occurred until then. (This is mostly because she never stopped improving in more than 50+, and the feats she accomplished along the way should be taken into consideration)

Can perform several thoughts and reasonings in a thousandth of a second

By tapping into her cloud-mind, she can run millions of potential scenario and pathways in a nano-second

I am afraid that all of those feats are still "only" Extraordinary Genius level, as she cannot warp reality in virtually any way she wants and reach an at least universal scale with her inventions.

I mean, you can be SG even without creating tier 2/1 tech, it's just more difficult to find in fiction or to elaborate, but afaik SG isn't reserved only to super engineers.

Look, what you described is clearly within the bounds of Extraordinary Genius capabilities, high level Extraordinary Genius capabilities, but nevertheless even giving this character an "At least Extraordinary Genius" rating was very generous, as it is very hard to quantify Supergenius levels of intelligence without feats of scale and versatility to back it up.

I thought we were more open with the requirements of SG aside from tech prowess, and I'd be willing to discuss further, but it's not important enough to me, so I'll drop the argument.

The Supergenius requirement doesn't feature any example than isn't related to tech, though.

I remember it used to have other examples, but I guess they were taken out during the last revision.

Imho, we shouldn't keep SG as an engineering exclusive, but rather we should find and write down examples of how the rating can be applied to other fields.

Well, other types are much harder to quantify, but magic used as a science that requires enormously vast understanding of the fundamental nature of reality can also be used as a basis if it can be used in the same manner and scale as science.

I have a question: Would this warrant "At least Extraordinary Genius, Supergenius by lategame"?

"The Londoner is capable of learning difficult subjects with very little study, and over the course of the game, only gets smarter and accumulates even more fields of knowledge, deepening in all of them and easily managing to intersect their knowledge on several different fields of science in order to produce results. They have incredible memory, development abilities and intuition, with a skillset that covers, but not limited to, biology, chemistry, occult studies, arts, spycraft, burglary, socialization and psychology, and is also incredibly talented in several manual fields, from fighting and nautical labor to piloting and operating heavy machinery. As the game progresses, their knowledge grows to the point that they can combine their knowledge of several different fields easily and intuitively, and do so in order to effectively warp reality, creating technologies capable of distorting space-time, manipulating biology and directly interacting with abstract forces that rule reality."

My doubts reside in that, while said character can by lategame interact with and seriously mess with the fundamental and abstract rules of reality, such as time, space, and even concepts such as chaos and law itself, they cannot do so in an universal scale. They may be able to affect beings that are Low 2-C to 2-C in nature, but only as a hard maybe, and their "range" with their inventions most certainly do not cover the entire universe.

The early game feats only seem like low-level Extraordinary Genius.

The late game feats are definitely of Extraordinary Genius level, but in order to reach even low level Supergenius level, the character in question would have to be able to warp reality in incredibly varied manners and on a cosmic (3-A) scale or above.

Last edited:
Right, thank you!

I will contribute soon to this thread, as I have plenty of profiles that need to get their intelligence section checked.

Okay. I have limited time available though, so it is better if you read through and try to understand our Intelligence page as well as possible, so you can handle self-evident cases on your own.

Commander Keen (Character)
Supergenius. Keen has an IQ of 314, and, with his extreme intelligence, he has created a variety of complex inventions out of household items, such as a spaceship capable of interstellar travel, a portable computer, and an energy-based weapon.
Despite having 314 IQ, his feats do not demonstrate such intelligence capacity, at most it is a feat of Extraordinary Genius. Heck, even Bulma feats outclassed him and she have Extraordinary Genius rating.

Mortimer McMire
Supergenius. McMire has an intellect of 315, a single point higher than Keen's own. With his extreme intelligence, he can achieve many deadly ends, such as taking control of the Vorticon and Shikadi races and crowning himself as their "Grand Intellect". His complex schemes allow him to constantly stay one step ahead of his archnemesis, through faking his death with an android dummy and feigning an interest in only the destruction of Earth or the galaxy, while he works towards his true goal of destroying the entire universe.
This one even has almost no intelligence feats despite having 315 IQ, so I don't know what I should do with him, input would be appreciated.

I have a question: Would this warrant "At least Extraordinary Genius, Supergenius by lategame"?

"The Londoner is capable of learning difficult subjects with very little study, and over the course of the game, only gets smarter and accumulates even more fields of knowledge, deepening in all of them and easily managing to intersect their knowledge on several different fields of science in order to produce results. They have incredible memory, development abilities and intuition, with a skillset that covers, but not limited to, biology, chemistry, occult studies, arts, spycraft, burglary, socialization and psychology, and is also incredibly talented in several manual fields, from fighting and nautical labor to piloting and operating heavy machinery. As the game progresses, their knowledge grows to the point that they can combine their knowledge of several different fields easily and intuitively, and do so in order to effectively warp reality, creating technologies capable of distorting space-time, manipulating biology and directly interacting with abstract forces that rule reality."

My doubts reside in that, while said character can by lategame interact with and seriously mess with the fundamental and abstract rules of reality, such as time, space, and even concepts such as chaos and law itself, they cannot do so in an universal scale. They may be able to affect beings that are Low 2-C to 2-C in nature, but only as a hard maybe, and their "range" with their inventions most certainly do not cover the entire universe.
Well, you could make multiple sections for it. Example: First key = 1st section of Intelligence. Second key = 2nd section of Intelligence. If it has multiple keys.

Basically, each key with a new intelligence section if X character improves it.

Back