• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-evident intelligence revisions thread

Okay. That seems fine to apply then.

I made a thread about intelligence upgrade of a character but I just realized that there's a thread for it too. Can someone state which rating would do fine?

The thread is here btw. I have tried to give many proofs for the upgrade...

Some intelligence feats for She-Hulk:

General

Lawyering

Quick Thinking

Negotiations

Grey Hulk intelligence feat:

(Incredible Hulk #350). He mentioned that he couldn't beat amped Thing in a straight up brawl , so he used his speed to wear Thing out. Then Joe used Things weight against him by making Thing fall in a lake and then sinking to the bottom, drowning Thing in the processes . And as Thing dragged himself from the lake, out of breath and worn out, Joe was already there waiting to finish Thing off.

I think that the Grey Hulk and most impressive She-Hulk intelligence feats seem fine to mention. Definitely not all of the She-Hulk feats though.

Maybe these ones, but I am uncertain about some of them, as I haven't read through them and am only going by memory. Anyway, it should be sufficient to note that she is an extremely skilled lawyer, a quick-thinking inventive combattant, and a very good negotiator. It is still just Gifted intelligence though, which she already has.

If you wish, you can list the examples in an intelligence feats section for her.[/list]

Dereck has been missing for almost three weeks.

If referring to Shirai. I think this would either be high-level Genius or Extraordinary Genius, but via calculations, considering that this processing power is used for the 11th-dimension calculations in order to teleport.

I don't know how intelligent she is normally, but based on the current information provided in the page, this could be rated separately.

Last edited:
If referring to Shirai. I think this would either be high-level Genius or Extraordinary Genius, but via calculations, considering that this processing power is used for the 11th-dimension calculations in order to teleport.

I don't know how intelligent she is normally, but based on the current information provided in the page, this could be rated separately.
The texts that are available in the profile that could be used to support the rating would be:
  • as a Level 4 esper her intelligence is on the level of a genius or a supercomputer
  • teleportation powers are much more calculation-intensive than other powers

Butler makes sense to me here.

What currently needs to be done here?

Some intelligence feats for She-Hulk:

General

Lawyering

Quick Thinking

Negotiations

boop

All of these occasions seem fine to mention in a feats section list for intelligence.

Jennifer displayed Gifted intelligence in sum total.

It seems like Gifted intelligence combined with some degree of Social Influencing. None of the feats seem to be of Genius level.

Here are also some regular Hulk intelligence feats:

Bruce Banner's intelligence is unquestionable. So the Hulk is dumb, right? Not really. Banner's genius actually bleeds into his Hulk personas in ways that are much more subtle than when it emerged outright during his Professor Hulk phase. The Leader hypothesizes, "I had always failed to remember that under that mass of strength was an equally powerful mind. It couldn't speak. But it was always there." From Fall of the Hulks Alpha #1:
BannerIntelligence59FotHAlpha1.jpg

This isn't a novel development. This undercurrent of intelligence emerged numerous times throughout the decades of his history. Here, it's noted, "And then, somewhere in that bestial, clouded brain -- a dim spark that is Bruce Banner suddenly shines thru -- without really knowing why -- without conscious motivation -- guided by an inexplicable, intuitive urge, the Hulk successfully completes the most vital leap of his entire life-- !" From way back in Tales to Astonish #85:
HulkIntelligence00aTTA85.jpg

In the X-Men's very first encounter with the Hulk, Scott Summers realizes, "Somewhere inside that brute, the brain of Bruce Banner knew that a Man's life was at stake -- and it led us there -- in spite of the Hulk!" From Uncanny X-Men #66:
HulkIntelligence00bUXM66.jpg

Accordingly, what seems like chance and luck, may not be. "Is it coincidence that the emerald defender hurls his frigid foe directly into the laser beam's searing path... or is it design?" From Defenders #14:
HulkIntelligence00Defenders14.jpg

Even the supposedly Mindless Hulk bears rather acute instincts. The Puff Collective observes and exclaims, "Some aspect of that intelligence you have buried deep inside you -- emerged long enough to allow you to aid a friend!" From Incredible Hulk #308:
HulkIntelligence02308.jpg

When those fortuitous instincts emerge again, Betty's confused, "he creatures short out in water! H-how could he know that?" From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #63:

HulkIntelligence03v263.jpg

HulkIntelligence.jpg

The super-genius, Amadeus Cho, separately comes to the same conclusion Leader had and determines that it's the genius physicist perceiving the physics around him, "You're like me. You can see everything. The mathematics of every object around you. As long as your brain hasn't been tampered with, there's a part of you that's always running the numbers. You know where the innocents are and how to save them." From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #110:

HulkIntelligence04v2110.jpg

Again, this is not a brand new development. Here, Savage Hulk punches a plane to stop its attack and Dr. Strange notes, "And a very effective way it is... precise enough to leave the occupant's unharmed, yet powerful enough to reroute the vehicle -- into the river!" From Defenders #85:

HulkIntelligence01Defenders85.jpg

Johnny Storm is amazed, "But the green guy does it! And the way he does it --his body absorbing my impact so I'm not a bag of broken bones... I didn't know the Hulk was that smart." From Incredible Hulk and Human Torch #1:

HulkIntelligence05IHandHT1.jpg

It is probably this ability to perceive the physics around him that accounts for his uncanny aim. A pilot realizes, "Weird! It looked like the Hulk carefully aimed that makeshift spear at my wing -- not at the cockpit! As if... he didn't want to hurt me..." From Marvel Fanfare #7:

HulkAim03MarvelFanfare7.jpg

Even a bestial Mindless Hulk possesses amazing accuracy. From Incredible Hulk #300:

HulkAim01a300.jpg

Here, a speeding, out-of-control Silver Surfer is diverted to the precise trajectory with a thrown rock in Infinity Crusade #4:

HulkAim02InfinityCrusade4.jpg

Hulk tosses a ball of crumpled metal and even the police officers admit, "In-incredible! He trashed all the cars... but spared us!" From Hulk/Pitt #1:

HulkAim04HulkPitt1.jpg

Even when caught in a huge tornado and buffeted with lightning unleashed by Storm, "the Hulk finds huge pieces of the floor and, with unerring aim, hurls them at Storm." From Incredible Hulk #444:

HulkAim05444.jpg

"St. Lawrence couldn't believe it. The Hulk had skewered a pterodactyl that was chasing one of her planes." From Incredible Hulk #454:

HulkAim06454.jpg

What seems to be a piece of rubble tossed in a random direction disables a flying Fantasticar emitting a sonic disruptor that specifically interferes with his inner ear and balance... and he wasn't even looking in its direction. Johnny Storm can't believe it, "Huh. His aim never used to be that good." From Fantastic Four #534:

HulkAim07FF534.jpg

A possessed Hulk throws a handful of rocks and disables a plane's wing engine in Fear Itself: Hulk Vs Dracula #1:

HulkAim07FIHulkDracula1.jpg

This ability to perceive the physics around him may also explain how he travels transcontinentally across oceans. "We were dropping, like a rock, towards the ocean out in the middle of nowhere... From the height that we fell, the atoll must have looked like a grin of salt in a sandbox. But he saw it. And he hit it at just the right angle to cover nearly a thousand miles this time..." From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #33:

SavageHulkLeap17v233.jpg

The more impressive She-Hulk feats can probably be placed in a new "Feats:" section in her page, but your Hulk revision should probably be placed in a separate content revision thread, or what do you have in mind for that character?

Back