• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Arthur’s starting moves are just moving in to slash Serie. I mean Arthur is equivalent to a warrior with great fighting abilities. Mages are often weak to warriors. But with all of Serie’s combat experience and her hunger for war you’d think she wouldn’t have this weakness. You’d be right. Serie has too many combat oriented spells and her intuition is so broken that she is considered never wrong on her opponents assessments. She can read minds via a simple glance. She doesn’t even need to glance. Can accurately predict moves via a glance and so on.

I don’t see Arthur winning this. He has no defense against Zoltraak.

In the case of matches where someone one shots another via tier difference, stats are equalized

Source: Kenjaku vs Seal

Edit: You are tournament owner lmao, I did not read your name 🧢
No.

Since the tiers are so different, stats are equalized, this will be done for further matches like 7-C vs 7-A matches.
Low 7-C and 7-C aren't "so different" and they aren't big like 7-C vs 7-A.

I probably should have put "Make sure your character got some regen" but I figured it'd be alright. Idk

Besides
She can read minds via a simple glance. She doesn’t even need to glance. Can accurately predict moves via a glance and so on.
Arthur can fight without thinking so she won't be able to predict anything
Even with equalized stats, she has zero resistance to his plasma sword, he'll simply cut through anything she throws, he'll be able to evade her attacks
He can tap into superfire to become stronger as well and will become stronger through his empowerment considering he's fighting an elf mage.

Kinda just does

By making physical contact… which isn’t happening fra + the plethora of defensive and fire spells

She can also just one shot him too with Zoltraak.

Will get back to your other posts in a sec.

I probably should have put "Make sure your character got some regen" but I figured it'd be alright. Idk

Besides

Arthur can fight without thinking so she won't be able to predict anything
Even with equalized stats, she has zero resistance to his plasma sword, he'll simply cut through anything she throws, he'll be able to evade her attacks
He can tap into superfire to become stronger as well and will become stronger through his empowerment considering he's fighting an elf mage.

She doesn’t only read minds. like I said in the message you literally quoted, she can use her intuition to predict everything he will do.

Serie can easily trick those capable of all those abilities you mentioned too. She is capable of outsmarting and evading the senses of those with extremely enhanced senses like Macht and Fern either with a stealth spell or just hiding her presence in general.

Acrobatics is useless here, she’s capable of beating warriors who have far better acrobatics than Arthur.

As the living grimoire she possesses every spell throughout humanity’s history at the very least. So she has spells that put out fires or spells that transmute matter. Etc.

Again how is Arthur defending against a fat Zoltraak.

She doesn’t only read minds. like I said in the message you literally quoted, she can use her intuition to predict everything he will do.
Enhanced Instincts (Her instincts are always correct. While she interviews exam participants, she can accurately judge whether they qualify as first-class mages. Her judgment is not solely based on visual observation; in fact, she can discern their capabilities and characteristics even without direct visual contact. Instantaneously, she can identify if a participant standing before her is merely a clone, pinpoint the location of his real body, and discern his current activities[5]),

This only reads for mages, not swordsman. Has she fought a swordsman at all? Where is that?

Serie can easily trick those capable of all those abilities you mentioned too. She is capable of outsmarting and evading the senses of those with extremely enhanced senses like Macht and Fern either with a stealth spell or just hiding her presence in general.

Fern only has Enhanced Senses (has magic which grants limited x-ray vision)
Macht only has Enhanced Extrasensory Perception (His mana detection is something not even Frieren could deceive easily)
Frieren only has
None of them have what Arthur has to his extent. It isn't even on the Magic page for the verse. The mages can suppress their magic, not life itself, and even then Frieren says if she moves her mana leaks out.

Again Arthur has this:
As the living grimoire she possesses every spell throughout humanity’s history at the very least. So she has spells that put out fires or spells that transmute matter. Etc.
Where is it said/shown/implied she can put out plasma? Not magical fire, not magical plasma, plasma.

Again how is Arthur defending against a fat Zoltraak.
Besides the fact Serie's range is given "Unknown", Zoltraak isn't even big to think Arthur can't dodge it, its nothing but a simple energy beam that's not wider than their palms or in Frieren's case maybe two meters?

And this decon or matter manip has nothing stating it's able to work on plasma. Arthur has tens of meters with his sword.

Elaborate on how Zoltraak is fraudulent?
It has no deconstruction or durability negation feats. It just negates all magical resistances to attack the flesh body directly.

Though Serie obviously also has access to mind hax, sealing, petrification, and paralysis inducement, so whether that matters is unknown to me.

Enhanced Instincts (Her instincts are always correct. While she interviews exam participants, she can accurately judge whether they qualify as first-class mages. Her judgment is not solely based on visual observation; in fact, she can discern their capabilities and characteristics even without direct visual contact. Instantaneously, she can identify if a participant standing before her is merely a clone, pinpoint the location of his real body, and discern his current activities[5]),

This only reads for mages, not swordsman. Has she fought a swordsman at all? Where is that?

lol her intuitions spans all forms of knowledge in the verse including history of the world and all its wars, combats, heroes, warriors etc. Much like Frieren who she trumps in sheer experience and intellect. And best of all she fought a warrior type mage who is one of the strongest in the verse, Macht.

Where is it said/shown/implied she can put out plasma? Not magical fire, not magical plasma, plasma.

Sorry to break it to you but fire is a type of plasma…

Fern has alluded to the fact that fire extinguishing spells exists. Frieren has put out flames before and it doesn’t matter if the fire is born from magic or not, it still burns and it’s still plasma.

Besides the fact Serie's range is given "Unknown", Zoltraak isn't even big to think Arthur can't dodge it, its nothing but a simple energy beam that's not wider than their palms or in Frieren's case maybe two meters?

And this decon or matter manip has nothing stating it's able to work on plasma. Arthur has tens of meters with his sword.

Serie literally massively upscales from every mage in the verse. Whatever Frieren can do, Serie can do better. And Frieren’s range is hundreds of meters at LEAST.

Zoltrack doesn’t have to work on plasma… Arthur’s body isn’t made of plasma.

It has no deconstruction or durability negation feats. It just negates all magical resistances to attack the flesh body directly.

Though Serie obviously also has access to mind hax, sealing, petrification, and paralysis inducement, so whether that matters is unknown to me.

Aren’t they designed to literally destroy the human body.

Also yeah she has all those haxes and more. Hence why I said this battle isn’t just some sort of one shot.

Aren’t they designed to literally destroy the human body.
Until we see Zoltraak used on a human in the manga and they disintegrate, it’s pretty safe to say there’s no real reason for it to be deconstruction.
Also yeah she has all those haxes and more. Hence why I said this battle isn’t just some sort of one shot.
Serie’s wincon here seems to be using Sorganeil to paralyze Arthur then just wailing on him until he dies. Does the AP gap permit this?

Another possibility is mindhax, but we haven’t really seen that used offensively in Frieren all too much? We know with eye contact, you can command them to do something so theoretically Serie could go “kill yourself”, but the reason I don’t consider this viable is because I’m not sure if it’s in character.

Then there’s sealing, which is dubious since the conditions to use it are unknown.

Serie literally massively upscales from every mage in the verse. Whatever Frieren can do, Serie can do better. And Frieren’s range is hundreds of meters at LEAST..
Fun fact, Fern can snipe someone through the chest out of the range of their mana detection, which we currently have at “Kilometers” iirc.

Until we see Zoltraak used on a human in the manga and they disintegrate, it’s pretty safe to say there’s no real reason for it to be deconstruction.

Serie’s wincon here seems to be using Sorganeil to paralyze Arthur then just wailing on him until he dies. Does the AP gap permit this?

Another possibility is mindhax, but we haven’t really seen that used offensively in Frieren all too much? We know with eye contact, you can command them to do something so theoretically Serie could go “kill yourself”, but the reason I don’t consider this viable is because I’m not sure if it’s in character.

Then there’s sealing, which is dubious since the conditions to use it are unknown.

We need to update Series page ngl. It’s missing too many abilities considering she’s literally a living grimoire with every spell by humanity at the very least.

Fun fact, Fern can snipe someone through the chest out of the range of their mana detection, which we currently have at “Kilometers” iirc.

Yeah when she sniped that female demon from outside the fortress.

Sorry to break it to you but fire is a type of plasma…

Fern has alluded to the fact that fire extinguishing spells exists. Frieren has put out flames before and it doesn’t matter if the fire is born from magic or not, it still burns and it’s still plasma.
Plasma that Arthur makes is much hotter than regular fire. That was the whole point. Arthur also resist having his plasma put out.
Serie literally massively upscales from every mage in the verse. Whatever Frieren can do, Serie can do better. And Frieren’s range is hundreds of meters at LEAST.

Zoltrack doesn’t have to work on plasma… Arthur’s body isn’t made of plasma.
This misses the main point, its dodge-able. Also ignores the fact Serie's profile doesn't have that.

And where is this fire extinguishing spell on page?

We need to update Series page ngl. It’s missing too many abilities considering she’s literally a living grimoire with every spell by humanity at the very least.
I think zabazab was on it but I might be wrong.
Yeah when she sniped that female demon from outside the fortress.
I was actually thinking of
Solitar

Anyway, I’d vote Serie based on what’s on the profile (Deconstruction Zoltraak gg) but I have qualms with that so I’ll just sit it out for now and wait for arguments from both sides.

AP for both btw:
Arthur: 10.21835 Kilotons of TNT
Serie: 1.0722 Kilotons of TNT
He’s about ten times stronger, it’s probably feasible for her to kill him with just spam while he’s paralyzed. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm working on it, but it turns out a character that can use almost every spell in the series is hard to research for.

He scales to this.
  • The higher 7-C's are scaled to be 3.33x as strong as Karim's Calc (34.03 Kilotons)

Anyway, I’d vote Serie based on what’s on the profile (Deconstruction Zoltraak gg) but I have qualms with that so I’ll just sit it out for now and wait for arguments from both sides.
What is wrong with him just dodging it? Zoltraak isn't a massive aoe attack, especially with range added, he'll definitely evade it with his senses and precog.

Ain't this only a problem for actual mind readers? Like Giovanni? If you aren't literally reading your opponent's thoughts and are just predicting based off their stance or how they walk or whatever other anime bullshit, I don't see why fighting without thinking would change that.

Jesus another thing not on profile? Frireren pages are downbad.
Yeah, Serie's got a lot of stuff to be corrected. In case you want the scan;
  • Paralysis Inducement (With Spell of Binding: Sorganeil, she can completely halt the movements of any person in her line of sight and prevent them from accessing their Mana for spells, under the condition that the target's entire body– including things like their hair– is within her vision[3])

I'm working on it, but it turns out a character that can use almost every spell in the series is hard to research for.

Yeah but we do know that Serie claims she knows all of humanity’s magic at least. Unless she’s boasting to hype herself up which I don’t see as the case frankly speaking. Serie’s words are treated like some sort of law. Cus even to Frieren she’s never wrong.

Demon magic spells could get a possibly rating and goddess spells probably not except for the ones frieren knows but let’s wait and see.

Edit: I’ll get to arkenis points in a sec

I think zabazab was on it but I might be wrong.

I was actually thinking of
Solitar

AP for both btw:
Serie: 1.0722 Kilotons of TNT
He’s about ten times stronger, it’s probably feasible for her to kill him with just spam while he’s paralyzed. Thoughts?

yeah the difference in AP is like 9.5 but the haxes should prevail.

What about sleep spell curses and perception hindering spells?

yeah the difference in AP is like 9.5 but the haxes should prevail.

What about sleep spell curses and perception hindering spells?
Humans can't use Curses due to a difference in brain structure from Demons. They can't even perceive them.

The perception spell waa used on a city to make it outright invisible to normal people.

What is wrong with him just dodging it? Zoltraak isn't a massive aoe attack, especially with range added, he'll definitely evade it with his senses and precog.

Skill. Most high class mages know how to hit opponents who can dodge spammed Zoltrack. Frieren out skills these mages in finding very tight openings (as well as hiding her’s). Then there’s Serie… the pinnacle of mages.

AOE of Zoltrack can be adjusted to be large enough that it can’t easily be dodged via dashes, jumps or flight and especially practically impossible at close range which is what Arthur always opts for and its range very high as well.

Arthur can’t dodge a barrage of this forever. He wouldn’t even be able to get close to land hits considering battle mages tend to face warriors by range spamming.

Humans can't use Curses due to a difference in brain structure from Demons. They can't even perceive them.

The perception spell waa used on a city to make it outright invisible to normal people.

I mean Serie (elves) not humans.

Yeah but it can also be used on anything and more importantly herself.

Back