• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This literally just comes down to if Shigaraki can touch him before Garou eventually RPLs his way through Shigaraki's Regen.

I think I'm gonna have to give this one to Shigaraki. While it's true that Garou is a master hand-to-hand combatant with an ability to adapt very quickly, I don't see how he's going to be able to handle Tomura's numerous Quirks. And if they're going into the battle blind, Tomura would probably be able to easily decay Garou, since his regenerative abilities definitely aren't potent enough to survive Decay.

I think I'm gonna have to give this one to Shigaraki. While it's true that Garou is a master hand-to-hand combatant with an ability to adapt very quickly, I don't see how he's going to be able to handle Tomura's numerous Quirks. And if they're going into the battle blind, Tomura would probably be able to easily decay Garou, since his regenerative abilities definitely aren't potent enough to survive Decay.
That also reminds me, Shigaraki absolutely manhandles him in Lifting Strength so if he grapples Garou successfully then he automatically wins.

Also, doesn't Tomura have AFO's vestige inside of him as well? AFO could either take control of his body or give Tomura advice, and it's clear that AFO is a master combatant as well, since he has over a century of battle experience. This is especially prevalent in the spin-off series, My Hero Academia: Vigilantes. Number 6 was shown to constantly be hallucinating an image of O'Clock, who would constantly give him advice and formulate his next plan of attack, which was the only thing that allowed Number 6 to survive for so long. But as it happens, that was AFO all along, just proving how experienced he really is. Yea, definitely giving this to Tomura.

I think this battle comes down to knowledge. If Garou knows of Decay then he stomps through sheer skill. If he doesn't know about it however, i think Shigaraki can definitely get his hands on him at least once for Decay. Voting Shigaraki for now.

Garou has such a massive skill advantage that I doubt Shigaraki could tap him, it's not like he would try and give Shigaraki a chance to hit him even without knowledge considering his fighting style, also what abilities will Shigaraki throw at Garou? He has thought Orochi and Rover who both fight by overwhelming the opponents so Garou has experience against this kind of stuff.

Garou has such a massive skill advantage that I doubt Shigaraki could tap him, it's not like he would try and give Shigaraki a chance to hit him even without knowledge considering his fighting style, also what abilities will Shigaraki throw at Garou? He has thought Orochi and Rover who both fight by overwhelming the opponents so Garou has experience against this kind of stuff.
Yeah you're right actually, the skill gap here is enormous. Plus Garou is just gonna get stronger and adapt during the fight. Switching to Garou FRA.

Could Shigaraki realistically touch the ground and decay All of it like he did with Deika and Jaku city?

So I'm confused, how does Garou avoid city size Decay?

Can he fly in this key? If not, then this is a stomp for Shigaraki who always opens with a city size decay wave.

Shigaraki doesn't need to touch Garou, all he has to do is touch the floor and destroy everything for several kilometers.

I think that Shigaraki takes this.
Garou will have an hard time even to go past his regeneration, while Tomura just needs to touch anything and he instantly wins.

Shigaraki doesn't fight by overwhelming his opponents, but by decostructing them. Rover and Orochi are completely different opponents that fight with raw AP, Garou never fought an opponent like Tomura before.

I wasn't aware that Shiggy could just Decay the ground and Garou would be affected as well. Oh well Shiggy FRA again i guess.

How does Garou win when the only thing Shigaraki needs to win is to touch the floor? Garou can't fly to avoid decay, I don't see flight on his profile. And he has no way of attacking Shigaraki from outside his decay range.

So what is Garou's win condition here?

He leads with that? He has only done a city-wide Decay on two occasions, right?
He does lead with it, it was the first thing he did when he woke up after saying he was cold.

Endeavor flies so it was pointless for him to try it again. By the time he landed again his Quirks were erased by Aizawa for most of the fight.

When he got them back, the first thing he try to do was the city wide decay. But Izuku picked him up and lifted him off the ground.

Shigaraki always goes for this move if he can use it, unless his opponent can fly or his powers are gone.

Without speed equalized, I could say Garou blitzes Shiggy in his sleep but with speed equalized, it becomes so much more difficult.
I think it all comes down to how many Whirlwind Wind iron Cutting Fists can Shiggy take before he touches Garou.
With that Garou has far greater AP than Shiggy can handle.
Shigaraki said that he would die if the missiles hit him. It has been calced to be 640 Megatons. Garou massively upscales from 715 Megatons. With this we can say that Garou might one - shot him. it's a one shot battle where Garou with his superior skills has a better chance at winning.
Voting Garou.

Without speed equalized, I could say Garou blitzes Shiggy in his sleep but with speed equalized, it becomes so much more difficult.
I think it all comes down to how many Whirlwind Wind iron Cutting Fists can Shiggy take before he touches Garou.
Shigaraki said that he would die if the missiles hit him. It has been calced to be 640 Megatons. Garou massively upscales from 715 Megatons. With this we can say that Garou might one - shot him. it's a one shot battle where Garou with his superior skills has a better chance at winning.
Voting Garou.
The missiles aren't 640 MT, it is 6400 MT or 6.4 Gigatons. 6-C or Island level.

Garou does not one shot, Shigaraki's durability is 640 MT.

He leads with that? He has only done a city-wide Decay on two occasions, right?
He did it when he first learned he could in the MVA against Re-Destro, and it's the first thing he did after waking up in the War Arc. After he gained the ability those are the only two occasions he had to use them, as his next seen fight against Star and Stripe was in the Sky and the rest of his fight in the war arc he fought mostly flying opponents

Voting Garou.an individual missile is 640 which each are scaling to, their were 10 in total so their total power was 6400 megatons which Shigaraki said would kill him
An individual missile was 640 MT, the total (or what would kill him) was 6400 MT

The Tiamat missiles are calced at 6-C or 6.4 Gigatons, Shigaraki was worried that he might die if those hit him head on. So he had a Nomu take the blast for him while he hid underground. However the Nomu actually survived the 6-C explosion, albeit it was heavily damaged.

Since the Nomu could survive the explosion with severe injuries (It is just as durable as Shigaraki), it was agreed that it/he should scale to a single Tiamat missile. Since it took 10 missiles to create that 6-C explosion, it downscaled to a single missile. 6400/10 = 640 MT or 7-A+.

Survived 10 missiles (6-C) with heavy injuries, should be able to scale 1 missile (7-A+) to his durability.

I believe this fight is a stomp however, since Garou seems to have no win condition here.

An individual missile was 640 MT, the total (or what would kill him) was 6400 MT
From Shigaraki's page :
Mountain level+
(Stated to have strength on par with All Might by Endeavor. Was stated by Eraser Head to be a perfected Nomu, making him comparable to the USJ Nomu, who can hurt characters as durable as the Near High-End that managed to survive the force of the Intercontinental Missiles Tiamat)

While Star's intention was to hit Shigaraki, her target ended up being a High-End Nomu, which was able to barely survive this attack point-blank and later self-destruct, so its durability scales to at least one missile.

From Shigaraki's page :
Mountain level+
(Stated to have strength on par with All Might by Endeavor. Was stated by Eraser Head to be a perfected Nomu, making him comparable to the USJ Nomu, who can hurt characters as durable as the Near High-End that managed to survive the force of the Intercontinental Missiles Tiamat)

While Star's intention was to hit Shigaraki, her target ended up being a High-End Nomu, which was able to barely survive this attack point-blank and later self-destruct, so its durability scales to at least one missile.
Yeah that Near High-End that got hit had been hit with all 10 alot more than just 1

From Shigaraki's page :
Mountain level+

His durability scales to only one of the missiles. So, his durability is still lower than what Garou is capable of. You're forgetting that Shigaraki had to dig into the ground to survive the attack, so his durability is still somewhat lower than the nomu.

His durability scales to only one of the missiles. So, his durability is still lower than what Garou is capable of. You're forgetting that Shigaraki had to dig into the ground to survive the attack, so his durability is still somewhat lower than the nomu.
He dug into the ground to avoid the force of all 10, which would have still hit him (Albeit to a less degree). Though yeah his durability is lower than Garou's I think Super regeneration could keep up as it's not high enough to one-shot him

Back