• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
His durability scales to only one of the missiles. So, his durability is still lower than what Garou is capable of. You're forgetting that Shigaraki had to dig into the ground to survive the attack, so his durability is still somewhat lower than the nomu.
No that isn't how that works, he was shown to be equal in durability to the Nomu when Star punched both of them at the same time and they had identical injuries.

He scales to a single missile, Garou cannot one shot him. A Nomu was able to survive a 6-C explosion that came from 10 missiles, so we scale it to a single missile. Since a single missile would do far less damage, and it took 10 with massive injuries. Shigaraki has 640 MT durability.

The explosion Shigaraki was worried about was 6400 Megatons, Shigaraki should be able to take 640 MT just fine. However Shigaraki didn't know how strong the missiles were, he didn't even know missiles were coming. His statement about being vaporized was speculation, since he was imagining the worst case scenario.

This fight is a stomp, unless someone can point out a win condition for Garou.

No that isn't how that works, he was shown to be equal in durability to the Nomu when Star punched both of them at the same time and they had identical injuries.

He scales to a single missile, Garou cannot one shot him. A Nomu was able to survive a 6-C explosion that came from 10 missiles, so we scale it to a single missile. Since a single missile would do far less damage, and it took 10 with massive injuries. Shigaraki has 640 MT durability.

The explosion Shigaraki was worried about was 6400 Megatons, Shigaraki should be able to take 640 MT just fine. However Shigaraki didn't know how strong the missiles were, he didn't even know missiles were coming. His statement about being vaporized was speculation, since he was imagining the worst case scenario.
You yourself are saying that Shiggy has lesser durability than Garou's AP. Garou's AP already upscales from the 715 Megaton and 837 Megaton feats by Goketsu and Darkshine.

Plus, garou's attacks wouldn't be a single shot. He can also spam his WICF.

You yourself are saying that Shiggy has lesser durability than Garou's AP. Garou's AP already upscales from the 715 Megaton and 837 Megaton feats by Goketsu and Darkshine.

Even though Shigaraki is weaker durability wise all he needs to do is touch the ground to win. I doubt Garou could kill him before that happens.

That means literally nothing, his AP being higher than his durability doesn't mean Garou can one shot. You stated Garou can one shot, which is incorrect. You also wrongly read his durability as well. I was correcting those mistakes.

Regardless this means nothing, Shigaraki touches the ground and he wins. Garou gets stomped here, unless someone can explain otherwise.

He took a barrage of attacks from 100% Deku who is currently put at 1000 MT, though it did break his jaw and injure him badly, his body was still falling apart at that point. I'd say Shigaraki could (maybe) take his blows with some difficulty

That means literally nothing, his AP being higher than his durability doesn't mean Garou can one shot. You stated Garou can one shot, which is incorrect. You also wrongly read his durability as well. I was correcting those mistakes.

Regardless this means nothing, Shigaraki touches the ground and he wins. Garou gets stomped here, unless someone can explain otherwise.
How do you explain Re Destro outrunning Shiggy's decay?

How do you explain Re Destro outrunning Shiggy's decay?
He was flying, and Shigaraki stopped decaying because his body couldn't handle decay at that point. His arm was destroyed from using Decay.

When Re-Destro fell, Shigaraki had almost stopped, and Re-Destro survived by cutting off his own legs before the decay could kill him.

AFO Shigaraki doesn't have this weakness, he can decay for as long as he wants. What point are you trying to make here?

Garou avoiding Decay by running multiple KM makes this fight a stalemate, since he can't hit Shigaraki from several KM away. And if he gets close he dies from decay.

He took a barrage of attacks from 100% Deku who is currently put at 1000 MT, though it did break his jaw and injure him badly, his body was still falling apart at that point. I'd say Shigaraki could (maybe) take his blows with some difficulty
Deku isn't 1 Gigaton. Where did that come from? 748 Megaton is the calced value.

Deku isn't 1 Gigaton. Where did that come from? 748 Megaton is the calced value.
His current war arc 100% is 1 Gigaton as it's much stronger than his current 45% (Baseline 7-A+) and His previous 100% (which is the 748 megaton)

I was agreed to upscale Izuku and Prime All Might to 1 Gigaton, since the Heroes Rising feat was done with the air pressure from their punch. And the 748 MT value is a low ball, since the explosion grew past where it could be measured. Making the results even higher.

And current Izuku is stronger than his Heroes Rising self.

He was flying, and Shigaraki stopped decaying because his body couldn't handle decay at that point. His arm was destroyed from using Decay.

When Re-Destro fell, Shigaraki had almost stopped, and Re-Destro survived by cutting off his own legs before the decay could kill him.

AFO Shigaraki doesn't have this weakness, he can decay for as long as he wants. What point are you trying to make here?

Garou avoiding Decay by running multiple KM makes this fight a stalemate, since he can't hit Shigaraki from several KM away. And if he gets close he dies from decay.
Well, if that's case. How do you come up with counters to Awakening Breath and Abandonment Speed and Power Amps.

The fight depends a lot on the distance of both. If it's 2 meters Garou wins easily, but if it's tens of meters Shigaraki wins

The fight depends a lot on the distance of the two. If it's 2 meters Garou wins easily, but if it's tens of meters Shigaraki wins
SBA means they start at Shigaraki's range, which is several kilometers.

How would Garou being up close means he wins. He can't kill Shigaraki before he touches the ground, he lacks the AP to just one shot him.

He would need to touch the ground before Garou minces him into meat with Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist. Garou has a definite speed advantage even with speed equalized.
He can't do any of that, unless this move ignores durability? Does it, I do not know.

He isn't faster with speed equalized.

However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

This is according to SBA. But if it gives an extreme advantage to the other party then the OP will have to decide a proper balanced distance.

Speed amps are still allowed. Garou does have Limited Durability negation.
I don't see any speed amps on his profile besides reactive evolution, which has no effect on this fight. I see dura negation, so I can accept that however. Thank you.

Is this what Garou starts with, no matter what that will be his first move? Dura negation attack?

I don't see any speed amps on his profile besides reactive evolution, which has no effect on this fight. I see dura negation, so I can accept that however. Thank you.

Is this what Garou starts with, no matter what that will be his first move? Dura negation attack?
Garou was able to Negate Darkshine's durability so I guess that's completely valid.

I'm... not certain that is speed. Also that should be in his speed section, if he can increase his speed it should be there. Also not seeing any blitzing.

Why isn't it there, this is why confusion happens because abilities are not properly labeled on profiles.

So, how fast does this make him? And are these moves always going to be Garou's first attacks against an opponent?

Shigaraki FRA. Honestly, I also think this is a stomp if he starts with Decay by touching the ground. I kinda remember this match has happened before. This time the result will still be the same.

Garou's win condition, is for the starting range to be 1 meter. Start with speed amplification, and then use his dura negation attack on Shigaraki's head. Can Garou do this, can he just instantly amplify his speed and go for the dura negation to one shot?

Shigaraki's win condition is to touch the ground. I don't really know much about Garou or his abilities, I'd like for a One Punch Man supporter to give their thoughts on this.

If the first thing Shigaraki does is something like this, then there's nothing Garou can do. At least to my knowledge.

The first thing AFO Shigaraki did when he was woke up was that city wide decay.

When his Quirks came back, the first attack he tried was city wide decay once again. So yes, this is his first move against non flying opponents.

Yeah this is a stomp. Garou can't really do anything with the range that they are starting on. Again if Garou knew about Decay and how it works, not only will he be able to dodge getting decayed by the ground but also prevent shiggy from ever touching him with that massive skill gap. But in this scenario its just a stomp as Garou can't do anything without knowledge.

Garou's win condition, is for the starting range to be 1 meter. Start with speed amplification, and then use his dura negation attack on Shigaraki's head. Can Garou do this, can he just instantly amplify his speed and go for the dura negation to one shot?
The only time that he started with dura neg directly to the head is against Royal Ripper, which was a monster that he already knew and that defeated him previously. Otherwise, he usually start with WSRSF and then adapt based on the fighting style of the opponent.
For the Speed amp, it's done throught Reactice Evolution, which would start to kick in after the battle already started, or the Abandonment, which is not a starting move.
It can be considered a wincon, but considering that he is unlikely to start with it against a human opponent Shigaraki still takes this.

The only time that he started with dura neg directly to the head is against Royal Ripper, which was a monster that he already knew and that defeated him previously. Otherwise, he usually start with WSRSF and then adapt based on the fighting style of the opponent.
For the Speed amp, it's done throught Reactice Evolution, which would start to kick in after the battle already started, or the Abandonment, which is not a starting move.
It can be considered a wincon, but considering that he is unlikely to start with it against a human opponent Shigaraki still takes this.
State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.
So yeah, if the state of mind is insta - kill, then Garou can use this technique.

Did you read what you sent? Garou will employ his usual battle strategies, so if he doesn’t usually start with Abandonment or Dura Neg he won’t use them off the bat.

The way Garou can win is by giving him prior knowledge of Shigaraki's abilities, and starting the match from up close. Since he doesn't start with dura negation.

Which would just be a stomp in the other direction, and isn't even considered fair at that point either.

So yeah, this fight is a stomp.
I see.....

BTW, what would happen if Garou had prior knowledge?

Back