• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's how @Kieran seems to have interpreted it, so we ask him.

The city is destroyed by the heat of the sun, the cosmic rays are converted into energy, and the attractive rays of light emitted from the mouth and the shock waves of the wings destroy the city.

What part of this line implies surface wiping?

Okay new problem:
The city is destroyed by the heat of the sun, the cosmic rays are converted into energy, and the attractive rays of light emitted from the mouth and the shock waves of the wings destroy the city.

Does this sound at all like Ghidora is wiping the whole surface of the planet let alone all their civilazition at once?
Sounds more like he rampaged through and quickly destroyed it all overtime

What am I being bothered with now?
This argument of doing it fast is pretty bad for a few reasons.
A) he takes his sweet time having fun on Earth, why would Venus be different?
B) Venus' atmosphere is MUCH thicker than Earth's and he's only Mach 3-4 on Earth anyway so it'd take forever if he was just flying around doing it
C) blink of an eye wouldn't be hours to days like is implied (stupidly) to imply this doesn't exist as a feat. At most maybe minutes.
I did for a literal blink of an eye cause I thought it'd be funny.

That's the stupidest thing you have ever said in the entirety of our interactions. It is LITERALLY inconceivably stupid. No it will not. BUILDING LEVEL ATTACKS will not destroy the surface of a planet. Ever.

Edit: On top of that, it was a short time frame, so this stupid leap in logic doesn't work even with "over time"

How durable do you think stuff is...? There are very, very few things on Earth that would withstand an 8-C attack

I think Weekly is stating that an 8-C attacker, not an 8-C attack, can eventually destroy the planet.

Regardless, I don't see any issues with Ghidorah's feat, unless the scaling comes before he absorbed the energy.

I mean, they said in a blink, I don't really know the context but it definitely seems like it was done in one fell swoop. I will admit turning the whole surface into a desert might not quite be surface busting tho, it wouldn't have to reach as deep.

I mean, they said in a blink, I don't really know the context but it definitely seems like it was done in one fell swoop. I will admit turning the whole surface into a desert might not quite be surface busting tho, it wouldn't have to reach as deep.
Venus has Country-sized craters

Armor Oh, then I'm not sure what Weekly is refering to.

Still, I think reducing the planet into a desert would be somewhere within the High 6-A range

Apex I was referring to the scaling to the other Kaiju, since their scaling hinges on K Ghidorah having High 6-A energy when he fought them. If they did, I don't see any reason not to have High 6-A kaiju

Armor Oh, then I'm not sure what Weekly is refering to.

Still, I think reducing the planet into a desert would be somewhere within the High 6-A range

Apex I was referring to the scaling to the other Kaiju, since their scaling hinges on K Ghidorah having High 6-A energy when he fought them. If they did, I don't see any reason not to have High 6-A kaiju
Oh I see.

Certanly most Showa era/Zone Figther kaiju would scale to Ghidorah.

If that statement's legit then it's probably usable, but I wouldn't quite eyeball those as High 6-A without a calc

I'm not sure if I see it, saying Venus was as advanced as Earth doesn't necessarily mean it didn't have those craters. Besides, I think the desertification feat would yield higher.

I still don't agree with High 6-A from the sun absorption stuff, and it'd be better to calculate the desertification feat imo

I don't mind being asked, but I'm not sure how to do that, in all honesty. I suppose you could take it literally and calculate the pulverization of the surface of Venus. Deserts apparently vary in depth though: "The depth of sand in ergs varies widely around the world, ranging from only a few centimeters deep in the Selima Sand Sheet of Southern Egypt, to approximately 1 m (3.3 ft) in the Simpson Desert, and 21–43 m (69–141 ft) in the Sahara." (though that's easily fixed by just choosing an arbitrary value, such as 10 meters), not to mention most aren't sandy at all. Still, you could do that.

That's the first thing I can think of, at least. Someone else might have a better idea.

So we know for certain he destroyed the civilization, and left the planet uninhabitable (most likely reduced it to the hell hole it is now). Considering the statement of Venus being much more advanced than Earth, using Earth as a comparison (and then dropping based on the size of Venus) would make sense I think.
Boiling any water on the planet would be easy to do as well as pulverizing any structures. This'll take a little while to do the research on for Venus geography and hypothetical status as a biosphere.

I don't mind being asked, but I'm not sure how to do that, in all honesty. I suppose you could take it literally and calculate the pulverization of the surface of Venus. Deserts apparently vary in depth though: "The depth of sand in ergs varies widely around the world, ranging from only a few centimeters deep in the Selima Sand Sheet of Southern Egypt, to approximately 1 m (3.3 ft) in the Simpson Desert, and 21–43 m (69–141 ft) in the Sahara." (though that's easily fixed by just choosing an arbitrary value, such as 10 meters), not to mention most aren't sandy at all. Still, you could do that.

That's the first thing I can think of, at least. Someone else might have a better idea.
Thanks buddy

Venus is a burning hell, so Ghidorah would have not only destroyed civilization but evaporated oceans there.

I dunno if pulverizing all structures, assuming Earth's frequency of them, would get you that much. As for boiling water, well, while Venus might have had oceans, I doubt the people making the movie knew that. Considering that, from my understanding, we see nothing of Venus, I dunno how safe this method is, though it's not the worst thing in the world.

Back