• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Weekly is questioning the calculation method; although, a couple calc group members + SD seems to think it's fine. It's referring to wiping out the entire population of planet Venus.

Weekly is questioning the calculation method; although, a couple calc group members + SD seems to think it's fine. It's referring to wiping out the entire population of planet Venus.
The problem is the quote in question literally refers to it as a city, not the entire surface of the planet

"On a meteorite, the space super monster King Ghidorah came to Earth. It’s such a terrifying thing that it destroyed the civilization of Venus in a blink of an eye. The city is destroyed by the heat of the sun, the cosmic rays are converted into energy, and the attractive rays of light emitted from the mouth and the shock waves of the wings destroy the city."

"On a meteorite, the space super monster King Ghidorah came to Earth. It’s such a terrifying thing that it destroyed the civilization of Venus in a blink of an eye. The city is destroyed by the heat of the sun, the cosmic rays are converted into energy, and the attractive rays of light emitted from the mouth and the shock waves of the wings destroy the city."
Such a deliberate misinterpretation. Clearly talking about the city (more like cities though) he attacked on Earth, he didn't get very far before being interrupted.

Why? Venus' destruction is in past tense, whereas this city destruction is in present tense, very clearly.
Nice try.

The problem is the quote in question literally refers to it as a city, not the entire surface of the planet

However we know by other sources IT was all of the surface of the planet.

Feat donde in a really short time.

"Made it a dead planet forever" sounds like he made the whole thing uninhabitable

Hmm, well I'm not sure where the population of Venus would be in that context; is it a giant city that covers the planet or is it jus a city on a mostly uninhabited planet? That's the question.

Considering some are still alive, if they didn't simply move to another location it probably means Giddy nuked the whole thing's surface.

Since you seem to have this thread under control, I will unsubscribe from it,

I think we should consider that venusian girl said Ghidorah would do the same to Earth, which impplies Venus was similar to Earth before Ghidorah arrived.

Well if you want to do it the way I said you need to:

1) Calculate the volume of what's being affected. Basically calculate the volume Venus has and the volume it would have if its radius was 10 m smaller (10 m or whatever you decide, since it seems deserts get deeper the bigger they are 20/25 would be justified imo) and getting the difference between those two

2) Get the material of whatever Venus is made of.

3) Vfrag it or pulverize it.

I found a few things for the volume of Venus
Consistently around 86% of Earth.
Most of Venus is formed of volcanic rock, roughly 80%
Igneous/volcanic rock types are our best guess
Volume of Earth is 1.083x10^12 km cubed, .1% surface means 1.083x10^9.
Times 0.86 for Venus=931,380,000 km^3
Times 1,000,000,000,000,000
931,380,000,000,000,000,000,000 cm^3
According to the table of destruction values violent frag is 69 j/cc and pulverize is 214.35 for stuff such as rocks.
VF: 64,265,220,000,000,000,000,000,000 J
Pul: 199,641,303,000,000,000,000,000,000 J
Divide by any timeframe deemed okay for the whole AP per second rule

"In a blink" is definitely hyperbolic, so I dunno, an hour? Either way, I thought we agreed not to use the .1 thing, but to specifically calculate the volume of the stuff affected? Say 10 meters were affected.

Venus' radius is 6051800 meters, and its volume is 9.28415346E+20 m^3. Minus 10 meters, so 6051790 meters of radius it's 9.28410744E+20 m^3, and the difference between those is 4.602E+15 m^3 or 4,602e+19 cm^3, which is the volume I'd use.

Vfrag: 3.17538e+21 Joules, High 6-C+, Pulv: 9.864387e+21, Low 6-B. Which would have to be divided by seconds, and I would understand using 20 meters instead.

Also all of this has to go in a blog and be evaluated (not by me, I've put too much into this to be impartial i feel). Actually since the destruction has to propagate through the ground maybe you could do half pulv and half vfrag?

Last edited:
Finally (wow, a quad-post, I'm so cringe) this could be used to find destruction values. It mentions it's similar to basalt.

Last edited:
Considering borderline 80% of Venus' surface is formed of the same general substances in this case the basalt, I think a general calulcation would work well enough. It's more difficult when trying to go into specifics when the planet's thick atmosphere prevents a lot of research into composition.

What's the 10/20 meters for volume for? As in this level of rock was destroyed or what?

Basalt or generic Stone works.

Yeah, deserts tend to be around that depth when they're really big. Since it was argued true surface busting is a bit questionable and just desertification is safer.

Okay so I'll do the 20 one since you already did 10.
9.2841456169397E+20 for Venus
20 meter depth
9.2840535704583E+20
Difference is 9,204,648,140,000,000 m^3 or 9.20464814e+21 cm^3
VF: 635,120,721,660,000,000,000,000 (high 6-B)
Pul: 1,973,016,328,809,000,000,000,000 (also high 6-B)
Divide a timeframe as seen fit.

That would raise the result, not lower it. And I do not agree with using absorption.

How you know it?

SomebodyData, Kieranh10, DemonGod, ZeedKZ, Godzilla KOTM, me, probably DarkDragonMedeus

Vs

Weekly, Tiimbrg and you
I'm not gonna count people who are maybe so this's a 1:2 scenario so not really a full on majority

I'm not gonna count people who are maybe so this's a 1:2 scenario so not really a full on majority
I mean SomebodyData accpeted the upgrade

ZeedKZ is trying to upgrade Godzilla due to that calc

Godzilla KOTM is supporting him

I'm supporting both

Kieran10 and DemonGod have accepted the calc

Especially since it's not even a calc, it's just a standard feat.

Back