• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Awakens

Are the spots below 5th allowed to have more than one character? If yes, i think Zero has a level comparable to Mihawk.

XDragnoir said:
Are the spots below 5th allowed to have more than one character? If yes, i think Zero has a level comparable to Mihawk.
Sure, I don't see why not. I can move Zero to Mihawk level

Eldrad has more knowledge than both in a wider variety of fighting disciplines.

Zero also would rank above them tbh. He's only lost once canonically, and that loss was against someone he couldn't hurt except via self-destruction so I don't think it counts. Otherwise, he can adapt techniques just from fighting and killing opponents once. He is skilled with many weapons, is competent in h2h and disarming opponents, otherwise has an absolutely perfect fighting record in the first two games where he's implied to actually be somewhat weaker than most of his opponents (before presumably getting buffed with Cyber Elves over time, then being strong and skilled) as several characters call him an outdated hunk of junk, in which most of his fights are implied to be curbstomps despite that (Copy X is the strongest boss in MMZ1 but Zero treats him like a baby in dialogue. Also, three of the strongest show up and it's implied they wouldn't have stood a chance despite that). Omega and Weil are the only ones treated like serious threats to Zero in MM3 onwards (And maybe Craft).

Also, he's only ever praised for his skill, not overwhelming power (though it IS implied he gets that later on compared to his enemies). Supporting that, he doesn't have a lot of AoE like he did in MMX. He can't just nuke everyone with Za Warudo before cutting everyone to ribbons. He has a few AoE's but they're not global or anything like that.

Lastly, due to being a machine, he won't forget techniques due to being rusty or anything (he was rusty initially due to amnesia, but was still insanely good), and he can copy techniques after just one fight (or, if he physically can't, he can even come up with versions of those techniques that he can do. An example is with Burble Hekelot's drain, where instead of making it with his tongue, he did with his chain rod)

I have no idea how Zero compares to Karate Kid, Tommy, Oryx, etc though.

Karate Kid being so low is downplay, but, no one with DC knowledge has said anything here afaik, i watched OP until Fishman Island, and i can't remember a single feat from Zoro or anyone else that is more impressive than Zero's feats. Also, when Zero recovered his memories?

XDragnoir said:
Karate Kid being so low is downplay, but, no one with DC knowledge has said anything here afaik, i watched OP until Fishman Island, and i can't remember a single feat from Zoro or anyone else that is more impressive than Zero's feats. Also, when Zero recovered his memories?
Yeah, thought so. I can't comment on Karatte Kid though.

He never gained his memories back (maybe? It's sorta implied he does gain at least some of his memories back but that's more interpretation than fact). He got his skills back though, and was better in MMZ than he was in MMX since he beat basically MMX Zero but MMX Zero had the stats edge by a bit + better regen

Okay, so, when he recovered his skills? The only game from the Zero Era i played was the 1st, so i don't know the story the same way i know X Era story.

He got as good with the Z-Saber as he was prior (represented by him only being able to slice once initially, but he had to level his skills back up) during the first game.

Firephoenixearl said:
When is Hayato gonna be placed?
We're almost done Hayato v Yuji, I dunno wtf is going on with Hayato v Sasaki, and I haven't been keepin track of Hayato v Fugil

@XDragnoir

Although it should be pointed out he doesn't know all the abilities X Era Zero has, just Martial and Weapon skills obviously. Just like MMX Zero shouldn't have a health drain. Their powers went in different directions

Hayato vs Sasaki was decided to be "postponed". Hayato vs Fugil ended with Hayato's win though, im not quite convinced. I'd still put Hayato and Fugil as equals.

BruceTheBatman said:
He got as good with the Z-Saber as he was prior (represented by him only being able to slice once initially, but he had to level his skills back up) during the first game.
Really? I thought that was just to show the level up system, he was recovering his memories? Anyway, does having mastery over 5 weapons a good feat? I think Zero has 5 in X Era only, and he mastered more in Zero Era.

Though tbf Fugil's skill should dwarf pretty much anyone here. He's more "ikki" kind of skill than he is Hayato/Yujiro kind of skill.

Though i know why he's placed as equal to Yujiro.

XDragnoir said:
BruceTheBatman said:
Really? I thought that was just to show the level up system, he was recovering his memories? Anyway, does having mastery over 5 weapons a good feat? I think Zero has 5 in X Era only, and he mastered more in Zero Era.
He was stated to be rusty and he has to get better to recover his skills. He was leveling up, not his weapons. And I would say so when the weapons are a staff/spear, a sword, a gun, tonfas, a shield, and a chain/hookshot/whip. He's also competent with Axes and a few other weapons.

Firephoenixearl said:
Though tbf Fugil's skill should dwarf pretty much anyone here. He's more "ikki" kind of skill than he is Hayato/Yujiro kind of skill.
Though i know why he's placed as equal to Yujiro.
This is just my asking your opinion on the matter and will bear no relevance on the actual ranking, but based on arguments so far, what is your opinion/prediction of the ranking of the top 5 once all the Hayato comparisons are all said and done?

It should be something like:

1. Edel (Ikki)

2. Fugil (possibly Musashi, though i do not see that being the case. The reason im putting Fugil alone here and not Hayato too despite me arguing Hayato is more skilled, is simply because i get this weird vibe from Fugil that if i were to get my hands on the light novel, i feel like i would be able to argue him being equal to Ikki).

3. Hayato, Yujiro, Sasaki, Musashi

The rest i don't really know or care enough to tier.

That's just processing power. He's doing the same thing people do on 1 dude. But he has more processing power so he's doing it to 100 mil people.

I feel like everyone in the top 3, maybe even top 5, could recreate Trackless Step if they saw it.

I mean, Stella learned it even faster than Ikki did, and I wouldn't even put her above Garou at that point in the LN

Creaturemaster971 said:
I feel like everyone in the top 3, maybe even top 5, could recreate Trackless Step if they saw it.
I mean, Stella learned it even faster than Ikki did, and I wouldn't even put her above Garou at that point in the LN
They got no feats of it

And stella just lacks feats but she's really good in terms of fighting

Firephoenixearl said:
It should be something like:
1. Edel (Ikki)

2. Fugil (possibly Musashi, though i do not see that being the case. The reason im putting Fugil alone here and not Hayato too despite me arguing Hayato is more skilled, is simply because i get this weird vibe from Fugil that if i were to get my hands on the light novel, i feel like i would be able to argue him being equal to Ikki).

3. Hayato, Yujiro, Sasaki, Musashi

The rest i don't really know or care enough to tier.
I actually 100% agree. I'm kinda shocked with Fugil's placement, but after seeing his feats when me and Ion were discussing, I vibe with this.

Firephoenixearl said:
They got no feats of it

And stella just lacks feats but she's really good in terms of fighting
I know that youre memeing.

But Sio developed it after hearing about the theory behind it once so Trackless Step is definitly not the reason why Ikki is above there.

Back