• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Awakens

Nah, I would find it weird if he didn't get better with a sword, I am just not sure it is to the degree of thousands of times.

What other stuff comes to mind besides what you've mentioned?

Like any other xianxia MCs, he does things that would take years in days, one of them is in his profile, and it says he mastered subconscious (10 days) and unconscious visualization (half a month) while even geniuses would need years to master the 1st and many more to the 2nd.

Also, i said "thousands" because he is thousands of times stronger than base and he has a scaling chain similar to Pray: "only the best can do this thing, and the next thing only the best of the best can do, and the next..." ad infinitum, do you understand what i mean? Because even i can't understand my english sometimes

It is kinda like blade steal but blade steal is still a step above, as it is just technique whereas blade steal is the entire style and even completely masters technique even the original user did not know.

Not really. The upgraded form is just Perfect Vision which allows him to steal people's identities to, rather than just fighting style.

Firephoenixearl said:
Those are all unquantifiable though. She just defeats a lot of people who have no feats of their own.
Excuse me what.

I have no business on Ikki at all but explain to me how the feats i outline to you are unquantifiable.

No feats on their own? Legit what? Clint who can basically use Trackless Step on his blade is unquantifiable? The move you love to cite when talking about skill? Sion's understanding unquantifieable despite YOU saying that it is Blade Steal but worse? The thing you love to cite when talking about skill?

Like, i aint arguing anything Top 2 and above related because its futile with the actual main arc of Knight Run being untranslated, so not enough feats for me here. But trying invalid Knight Run feats like that, that by your own words would be Ikki feats but worse is really low son.

Never tried to invalidate them. I just invalidated stuff like "predicted 13 prodigies". Unless those 13 prodigies have some feat to scale from, it's meaningless. That was my point. The technique copy, the invisibility stuff etc are good enough.

Firephoenixearl said:
It is kinda like blade steal but blade steal is still a step above, as it is just technique whereas blade steal is the entire style and even completely masters technique even the original user did not know.
Blatantly false on Sion's part. She learned the "Eight Hermit: The High Sword" Style, which consist of 100 forms after seeing it once. Said Style only had its form remaining and the one who used it in font of her told her that much.

Sion broke down the forms and recreated the theory behind it. Wether thats below Blade Steel i dont care.

Firephoenixearl said:
I mean it was you who said "technique", not me. I just interpreted your words.
I am pretty sure that i repeated that certain part numerous time when i outlined Sions skill. But whatever, can't force people to care enough to actually read the shit i write right? Sigh.

Btw, does magic counts as skill? Not hax magic (death, time, etc) but being very skilled with elemental magic and things like that.

Nop, mainly because we have no way to quantify that. The skill stuff in this list is absolute bullshit, but it is bullshit based on real life common sense or actual techniques, just boosted to absurd heights.

Borrowing Xulrev's words, logically possible but physically impossible. Magic stuff and in general hax more or less has no real life precedent we can contrast with, and it gets even more ambivalent what may represent great skill if it isn't accompanied by outright statements.

I mean even if we do that, Edel'll still be there via being >>>>> Ikki and Shizuku who could do the complex magic stuff i've talked about before.

I thin nasuverse, Toaru, WoD, D&D have some of the most impressive magic skill scaling chain i know, Rakudai isn't as impressive with magic as it is swords.

The thing is, magic in rakudai is HARD. Like insanely hard, they say even basic stuff like throwing ice glaciers requires many complex procedures.

I can vouch for that. Magic in Rakudai is very difficult. I'm not sure about other verses, I'm not even sure how you can quantify "hard magic" for verses like D&D.

Not sure how hard it is except for the higher end stuff.

It is flawed at the end of the day if we decide to lean on stuff like mental calculations, when a lot of magic doesn't even work like that in the first place.

Magic, unlike fighting stuff, rarely has a common ground.

Like Irregular at Magical Highschool magic. All of it is pretty much hyper detailed chemistry and physics. But one, the calculations are made passively in an area of the brain and 2, most magics don't work similarly at all in other verses.

It becomes an even bigger "no, THIS IS SKILL DUDE" argument.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Like Irregular at Magical Highschool magic. All of it is pretty much hyper detailed chemistry and physics. But one, the calculations are made passively in an area of the brain and 2, most magics don't work similarly at all in other verses.
Funny that you are talking about that one, i am currently reading it and my god is Tatsuya different in the light novel.

Tatsuya is actually quiet bitter and snappy in the light novel. And hes actually pretty average looking compared to his anime self

For some unknown reason, LNs from Dengeki Bunko aren't well adapted to anime, and the MC is who suffers it the most.

Back