• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight Pokemon Powerscaling Issue

Every single pokemon who doesn't have any incredibly powerful feats are usually compared to other pokemon of the same level of evolution. A lot of Pokemon like Kabutops, Golem, Dodrio, Meganium, Scizor, and much more, are treated this way. Many of these types of pokemon are labeled either City Level for 2nd evolution and Large Island Level + for 3rd evlution and Mega evolution. I don't think that (for example) Mega Charizard X is equally as strong as a Mega Kanghaskan, even though they are both Mega Evolved. Is there a specific reason for this?

So then if a lv.100 Rattata or Magikarp beats a lv.1 Arceus, then that Rattata or Magikarp is Multiverse Level...?

Not sure how you equate putting normal Pokémon in the same ballpark as each other due to not only being used to fight each other all the time, but also due to existing in the same natural habitat and scaling a goddamn Ratata to Arceus.

Also, considering more than half of our profiles are scaled due to this, I wouldn't call this a "slight" issue.

Im sorry but youre going to need better reasoning that "They arent this strong because i dont think theyre this strong" if you want your argument to be taken seriously.

Third final evolutions all scales to each other (Except really weak ones like Butterfree). Stronger-than-average second final evolutions and also stronger-than-average single stage Pokémon scales to this also.

Most not-fully-evolved mons and most single stage mons scales to each other.

First stage (and non-babies) mons all scale to each other

Not really "random"

Why do Pokemon of similar evolutionary stages scale to each other? What is the official evidence of these Pokemon being contemporaries in terms of power? Such things remain unexplained, or at least poorly explained within the pages....

Because it's the best (or rather, less bad) way of scaling Pokémon to each other.

As Pokémon naturally live and fight each other all the time, alongside being used to fight each other as a hobby of the entire damn planet, they're certainly comparable to each other (Unlike before, where we inexplicably had certain species millions of times stronger than the other just because). That much is undeniable. The question remains HOW to scale them. It just so happens that scaling mons of similar evolutionary level to each other is the best way to go with it (As evolutionary level usually means the growth of a Pokémon).

Which is why i'm confused. Not all 3rd Evolution (or max evolution) pokemon have the same level of power, and not all Mega Pokemon have the same level of power, because some pokemon who should be the same level as other Max Evo or Mega Evo have fodder feats.

Do you guys not know the concept of scaling...? We can't place a Pokémon at 9-B and refuse scaling just because they have 9-B feats.

We also can't just automatically grant them scaling without proper evidence of them being comparable to those with higher feats.

Pokémon lives and fights in the same general areas and are used to fight each other all the time. If the power level between species were as high as you seem to imply, most Pokémon would have gone extinct ages ago.

Our way of scaling is not the best, true, but the alternative (Certain species being trillions of times weaker than others) is even more ridiculous.

No it's flat out non sensical and idiotic. Common Sense tells you that is wrong. You are telling me this hyped up and notably powerful Pokemon, a Pokemon considered a big deal is suddenly weaker than the electric rat you can find next door? Sorry, but even in verse that does not work.

So you're assuming that all pokemon of the same species have the same feats and level of power? That's not how it works. Ash's Pikachu could probably solo the rest of his race, as could his Greninja

If we did that, everyone Pokémon would be Low 2-C.

Also, none of your examples are actually what we use to scale from. Both 8-A and Low 7-B comes from regular moves. While High 6-C does come from an individual Charizard, this character has no reasons to be hundreds of times stronger than his fellow Charizards.

Both Pineco and Groudon can use Earthquake with the exact same animation., as well as many other weaker pokemon. All of them can learn Earthquake with the exact same animation in the games. Does that mean that every pokemon that uses Earthquake or another move can use it at the EXACT same efficiency?

So this means that Groudon can replicate a feat that Pineco can perform.

Shocking.

Remember wen we had it that Corsola would shitstomp every pseudo who's name wasn't Tyranitar or Dragonite? Lol.

As long as I have a 'mon that can spam Protect without the accuracy decrease, I won't complain. ovo

Kaltias

No i'm saying that Pineco can replicate some of the most powerful Ground type moves with the EXACT same animation as literally every other pokemon who can learn Earthquake

i realized that, so that means that a Pineco can be trained to Groudon's or Dugtrio's level, hmm?

Because Groudon is just High 6-C as we all know.

Considering the amount of BS the anime gave us, a Pineco being trained to be on par with a Dugtrio is 100% believable.

Also what are you even arguing? That Pineco should be above every Pokémon who can't learn Earthquake?

Back