• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some (massive) Potterverse reworks

Moonshadow137

He/Him
In short, the Harry Potter profiles are bad, and I mean really bad. Which is a shame, really, 'cause the Wizarding World is among the most famous franchises in the world. I think they need to be reworked, and I'm happy to do so, but I need some input from staff and knowledgable members about the changes.

I've been reworking some minor profiles in my sandboxes, and I'll be posting the links here once I'm done. Here's an example, a rework on Dementors. I've added the 'References' section and organized their Powers and Abilities, expanded on their scalling and all of that. I'm still going to add the 'Standard Tactics' section though.

Next in my list is Nagini, and then Fawkes. After that I'm not sure, but I'm likely leaving the main characters (Dumbledore, Voldemort, Grindelwald, Harry and the likes) for later, but I want to rework all of them.

Anyway, input would be helpful.

Last edited:
Changes like added abilities and such are to be presented on a Content Revision Thread before it’s accepted and added.

Yeah, that's why I made this one. I just don't know whether I should make one for every profile rework I make or something

You could possibly link each sandbox here as you get it ready and let people decide whether to use it or not. That might be preferable to making ten or so threads. It has its problems though, like a possible lack of input. It depends on how much time you need. You'll probably need to make multiple CRT's if each sandbox will be weeks apart. Or just wait until you've done many sandboxes and just make a large CRT.

Ant said it's preferable and I personally do like it better this way, but we could change it, no problem.

I think that handling all of your intended Harry Potter revisions in this thread seems best.

I also think that the powers and abilities list format looks more professional and easily overviewed than the alternative.

Profile seems fine, that said if possible, could I ask you to quote the text itself for the references, or add a link to a screenshot of it? References are good but giving a direct source is still more important, you can't expect everyone to own the books to understand the profile.

Profile seems fine, that said if possible, could I ask you to quote the text itself for the references, or add a link to a screenshot of it? References are good but giving a direct source is still more important, you can't expect everyone to own the books to understand the profile.
I could do that, yes. Thanks

Madness Manipulation (Type 2, if near a Dementor for long enough, victims will be driven insane, as they are trapped in their own head, incapable of a single cheerful thought[5])
3: Cognition: Those who possess this type drive others insane as a side-effect of the nature of their being, with the very act of looking at or attempting to perceive them being enough to send victims into a state of madness or terror. More extreme forms are capable of outright killing those who suffer from their effects.
Isn't it madness type 3 ?

I thought it was Type 2 'cause the victims are "trapped in their heads" and all, so I guessed it was some form of mind manipulation

A brief off-topic post, but is anybody else disturbed by that the supposed good guys in Harry Potter systematically use decades of excruciating torture and soul-destruction against criminals? I understand that keeping dangerous wizards locked up via other methods would be extremely hard, but it would be far less cruel to just kill them in a more normal manner.

A brief off-topic post, but is anybody else disturbed by that the supposed good guys in Harry Potter systematically use decades of excruciating torture and soul-destruction against criminals? I understand that keeping dangerous wizards locked up via other methods would be extremely hard, but it would be far less cruel to just kill them in a more normal manner.
I'm pretty sure if this happened in real life it would count as some form of War Crime or something like that.

I'm pretty sure if this happened in real life it would count as some form of War Crime or something like that.
Yes, exactly. It is Nazi-level pure evil, and yet we are seemingly supposed to think that it is perfectly reasonable.

Anyway, we should probably return to the main topic. I get little intuitive impulses every now and then.

Yes, exactly. It is Nazi-level pure evil, and yet we are seemingly supposed to think that it is perfectly reasonable.
Actually, no. It's beyond inhumane and the books recognize it. Most wizards find the use of Dementors as "guards" to be unreliable and extremely dangerous as Dementors know no loyalty beyond their needs for feeding, apart from their effect on the minds of people, which sometimes can include good people too, like Sirius or Hagrid.

Thankfully, after Voldemort's defeat, the new Minister for Magic - Kingsley Shacklebolt - performed various ethical reforms in the Ministry at large, which included getting rid of Dementors.

It certainly violates the Geneva Convention.

Well, I'm unsure if there's an afterlife in the Potterverse; most deceased characters just become ghosts to my knowledge. But it's possible for that to be an eternal soul torment as opposed to a temporary one. I would have found it more understandable it if Hell existed for instance; which would basically be an even worse version of that that lasts for eternity.

But anyway, it's actually more so a flaw with the Ministry of Magic as well as the existence of corrupted politicians that are to blame; there are aparently more people like Dolores Umbridge there.

Actually, no. It's beyond inhumane and the books recognize it. Most wizards find the use of Dementors as "guards" to be unreliable and extremely dangerous as Dementors know no loyalty beyond their needs for feeding, apart from their effect on the minds of people, which sometimes can include good people too, like Sirius or Hagrid.

Thankfully, after Voldemort's defeat, the new Minister for Magic - Kingsley Shacklebolt - performed various ethical reforms in the Ministry at large, which included getting rid of Dementors.

It certainly violates the Geneva Convention.
Okay. That is good then.
Well, I'm unsure if there's an afterlife in the Potterverse; most deceased characters just become ghosts to my knowledge. But it's possible for that to be an eternal soul torment as opposed to a temporary one. I would have found it more understandable it if Hell existed for instance; which would basically be an even worse version of that that lasts for eternity.

But anyway, it's actually more so a flaw with the Ministry of Magic as well as the existence of corrupted politicians that are to blame; there are aparently more people like Dolores Umbridge there.
The final book of the original series deals with that there is some kind of unspecified afterlife, yes. Voldemort was shown to have irrepairably mutilated his own soul though.

I have read the books, but it's been a long time since. But I do know Voldemort thought death was the worst thing that can happen, when Dumbledore disagreed and argued their exist fates far worse than death. But I suppose we should stay back to the main topic.

I never saw their magic goverment as good guys. Morality gray, yes. Good guys, naw.

if you’re hardpressed on using a bullet proof format, then please add a scroller to lessen the size of the wall of text (example of characters that use a scroller is Tanjiro and Wukong), its preferrable for me and presumably most.

I disagree with the usage of a scroller, the P&A is small enough that it wouldn't do much

I disagree with the usage of a scroller, the P&A is small enough that it wouldn't do much
With addition to the canon later on in life, and others probably going to do their own revisions the page itself is gunna increase. Might aswell nip that issue in the bud rn

Have you watched Fantastic Beasts lol? The American wizards can apparently give people the death penalty for minor offences because one guy said so without a trial or any due process, and despite having quick ways to die they do this weird thing where you're brainwashed into watching death and submerged into a pool of potion instead.

But yeah the justice system in Harry Potter is ****** up.

If it makes you feel better they reformed that system after defeating Voldemort I think and had normal guards instead.

Back