• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some (massive) Potterverse reworks

So we would basically get Book profiles, movies profiles and game profiles
I agree with game profiles as they're basically completely separate from the main Wizarding World. That is, for the games not made by Portkey, at least. I really think games like Hogwarts Mystery and Hogwarts Legacy (upcoming) should be considered canon due to being personally endorsed by Rowling and made in association with "WIZARDING WORLD Publishing and Theatrical Stage Rights © J.K. Rowling." (the official Potterverse company, owned by Rowling)

Last edited:
Movie profiles, on the other hand, would probably be redundant. I mean, the Fantastic Beasts films/screenplays were straight up produced/written by Rowling herself and depict events that were already established in the books. They're as canon as the books themselves, so that means the "movie profiles" would only cover the 8 Harry Potter movies, which were made with Rowling's approval and had her helping around the cast (she was very close to the main trio, for example) for their roles, so the overlap would be massive.

So yeah, I don't really think we need a series of nigh-identical profiles for several characters.

Last edited:
That is a good point, they aren't deviant enough much like Dragon Ball Z and GT Anime are from the original manga and Super.

Movie profiles, on the other hand, would probably be redundant. I mean, the Fantastic Beasts films/screenplays were straight up produced/written by Rowling herself and depict events that were already established in the books. They're as canon as the books themselves, so that means the "movie profiles" would only cover the 8 Harry Potter movies, which were made with Rowling's approval and had her helping around the cast (she was very close to the main trio, for example) for their roles, so the overlap would be massive.

So yeah, I don't really think we need a series of nigh-identical profiles for several characters.
Okay. That makes sense to me.

I don't think there should be movie profiles either, I just don't think the Movies (FBAWTFT & HP) are the Primary canon like the books.

Since there are some differences with the Fantastic Beasts and where to Find them book (which is mostly a Bestiary and not a novel) and the Movies.

Since Scamander is pretty radically different and says things the Movie Scamander argues against, such as literally establishing the Danger rating for Magical Creatures, something that the Movie Scamander seems to be against, since to him, they're all friendly and usually need to be understood (more like book Hagrid really).

I'm mostly saying that we shouldn't place the Movies on the same level as the books really.

Like, IIRC, didn't Credence get like a really high rating for busting the side of a mountain? And logically, Dumbledore would scale way above that.

Since there are some differences with the Fantastic Beasts and where to Find them book (which is mostly a Bestiary and not a novel) and the Movies.
You don't get it, J.K. Rowling herself wrote the screenplays for the Fantastic Beasts movies, it's clearly primary canon.

The Harry Potter movies part I agree with, they're only secondary canon mostly used as support.

I agree with game profiles as they're basically completely separate from the main Wizarding World. That is, for the games not made by Portkey, at least. I really think games like Hogwarts Mystery and Hogwarts Legacy (upcoming) should be considered canon due to being personally endorsed by Rowling and made in association with "WIZARDING WORLD Publishing and Theatrical Stage Rights © J.K. Rowling." (the official Potterverse company, owned by Rowling)
Sounds good
I have this rt for Games' Harry if that helps

About game profiles, what kind of games are talking about? Are including games like the PS2 games such as Order of the Phoenix or even the Deathly Hallows games?

I thought that we are only going to use the novels and movies directly written by Rowling.

So how is this project progressing currently?

I'm in the middle of making the Potterverse specific magic before actually reworking the wizards, though I'm also in the middle of my exams week

Okay. No problem.

A "Verse-specific Powers and Abilities" page for HP is probably a good idea, although we obviously cannot assume that low-level wizards can perform high-level advanced spells, for example.

Any new profiles shouldn’t have lists, having the multiple formats is ugly and lacks any foundation.

I’m well aware of the push, I reject it. I disagree with any new profiles while they have lists.

Please elaborate a bit regarding what you mean. I do not remember well.

Please elaborate a bit regarding what you mean. I do not remember well.
The reworked profiles utilise lists rather than the traditional block text.

I remain unconvinced and severely opposed to any new profiles made using them as having multiple profile templates is confusing and is ugly.

We have a standardised profile type and it should remain the original, not the new ugly list format.

Okay. I think that we officially allow it currently though.

Back