• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some (massive) Potterverse reworks

It is true, just because other wikis consider authors word of God doesn't mean we do. Plus it's common for authors to have really bad sense of judgements when it comes to feats/power scaling and what not.

I agree that the 7 books and the Fantastic Beast series of movies are primary canon, but the movies being secondary canon is something I might be uneasy considering the multiple contradictions. As are various video game exclusive feats may be contradictory.

Edit: Though, given Harry Potter is a book series first and foremost, author statements do have a lot more power compared to things like video game verses made by big companies and what not.
I also think that the books and the Fantastic Beasts movies that were directly written by Rowling should probably be fine, but that other works are far more unreliable.

So basically
Tier 1: Rowling/Works made directly by Rowling (Original Books and the Fantastic Beasts films)
Tier 2: Supplementary Material (Cursed Child, Hogwarts Legacy, Pottermore)
Tier 3: Tertiary (Harry Potter Films)
Tier 4: Non-Canon (Harry Potter games)
Tier 5: Based (Read another ******* book)

So basically
Tier 1: Rowling/Works made directly by Rowling (Original Books and the Fantastic Beasts films)
J.K.R. was one of the writers in Cursed Child.

So basically
I think that seems fine, except for that the Cursed Child story is tier 1, as was mentioned above.

Hello

I think Dumbledore's powers and abilities section needs to be changed right now so I made a new version with abilities from both the books and the movies (including from Fantastic Beasts). Tell me what you think about that

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic (Advanced), Energy Manipulation and Projection with various spells, Forcefield Creation with Shield Charms, Attack Reflection with Shield Charms and spells, Telekinesis with spells and by himself, Fire Manipulation (Can easily extinguish and light up fires, conjure fiery ropes, set objects to fire with a thought, project flames and fireballs, create firestorms, etc), Water Manipulation (Manipulated the considerable amount of water contained inside the Fountain of Magical Brethren to rise up and cover Voldemort), Transmutation & Matter Manipulation (Is highly accomplished in Transfiguration), Creation (Can effirtlessly create objects from thin air with the Conjuration spell), Life Manipulation (Can give life to inanimate objects, such as when he animated the statues of the Fountain of Magical Brethren during his duel with Voldemort), BFR with the Banishing Spell, Healing with healing spells, Soul Manipulation (Was capable of ripping out the piece of Voldemort's soul from the Marvolo Gaunt's ring in order to destroy it), Telepathy with Legilimency, Mind Control with the Confundus Charm and Legilimency, Power Nullification (Can cancel and nullify spells, including those he has himself casted such as the protective spells around Hogwarts), Memory Manipulation (Can extract his memories to put them into his Pensieve and do the same with others), Curse Manipulation (Can cast powerful hexes and jinxes), Illusion Creation (Can show images with Magic. Created a city-like illusion of Berlin to fight Credence), Immersion (Dragged himself and Credence into an illusion of Berlin within a mirror to fight), Paralysis Inducement (Immobilised Harry with a nonverbal Full Body-Bind Curse), Invisibility (Can cast such a strong Disillusionment Charm that he was effectively able to render himself invisible without needing an Invisibility Cloak), Sealing (Can doors to prevent them from being opened by seemingly any means apart from Dumbledore himself undoing the enchantment), Smoke Manipulation (Conjured a thick mist capable of hiding him and Newt from magical detection in order to prevent the Ministry from locating them. Can use smoke to show images), Light Manipulation with the Wand-Lighting Charm and the Deluminator, Sound Manipulation with the Silencing and Sonorus Charms, Power Bestowal (Can enchant objects to give them magical properties), Heat Manipulation (Warmed up Harry and dried his clothes upon noticing the latter was shivering), Summoning with the Patronus Charm, possibily Death Manipulation (Seemed to have the capability to perform the Killing Curse, as Severus Snape feared Dumbledore was going to kill him), Teleportation via Apparition, Enhanced Senses (Could easily sense the presence of Harry and Ron while they had the Invisibility Cloak on), Resistance to Telepathy and Mind Control with Occlumency, Flight with a Broomstick, Genius Intelligence, Social Influencing, Master Planner

It appears devoid of specific scans and urls, which makes it harder to judge legitimacy or if the proposals line up with the reasonings.

So basically
I'd say that the Original books take priority over the Fantastic Beast films.

A lot of the details are embellished or portrayed wildly out of alignment with the original text.

So, I'd place the Fantastic Beast films on equal standing as the Harry Potter films, after all, the HP films were made with Rowling writing them.

Also, someone better at calcing than me should check out Peter's explosion attempt with Sirius.

Realistically, it should be around City-Block level for Peter and everyone above him (Which is a lot of people since Peter is barely even a Wizard according to many)

Since according to the Ministry, with a single spell, Peter blew up not only the entire city block, but made such a massive hole in the ground that it blew holes in the Sewers below London (which was how Peter escaped as a Rat).

I've the extracts from the Prisoner too:

"I — I will never forget it. I still dream about it sometimes. A crater in the middle of the street, so deep it had cracked the sewer below. Bodies everywhere. Muggles screaming. And Black standing there laughing, with what was left of Pettigrew in front of him… a heap of bloodstained robes and a few — a few fragments —” (Fudge, the Minister of Magic)

"Then, before I could curse him, he blew apart the street with the wand behind his back, killed everyone within twenty feet of himself — and sped down into the sewer with the other rats…” (Sirius here)

And from the sources I could find, most sewers in London are anywhere from 30 metres to 500 metres down (because of all the tunnels and underground trains)

I should also note too, that Dumbledore, as the most brilliant mind to ever grace Hogwarts should know virtually every spell possible, with it being said Dumbledore could have done everything Voldemort did but for his Wisdom.

The only spells Dumbledore likely wouldn't have access to would be completely new spells (Sectumsempra) or Spells that are arbitrary or replaced by his skill (Transmute Rat Fur to yellow spell)

I think Dumbledore's powers and abilities section needs to be changed right now so I made a new version with abilities from both the books and the movies (including from Fantastic Beasts). Tell me what you think about that
The powers and abilities themselves are fine and accurate, though what Dark said is true. I'm currently working on a verse-specific power page for the 'Magic' in the Wizarding World, so that should make things easier, but in any case, we will need scans/references for the powers and abilities.

I might eventually get to Dumbledore's profile, since I've been reworking some profiles, but not for now.

I don't disagree with Dumbledore at least having the knowledge of every spell, and that his raw power is implied to have the greatest magical force, but even he has some limits. The newer spells invented by other wizards such as Sectumsempra is one of the few things he probably doesn't know. Also, I do vaguely recall hearing some text in one of the books that Dumbledore surprisingly lacks the dark magic in him required to perform the three unforgivable curses; he has knowledge on how to use them and better yet would probably know better than anyone how to counter them, but not quite the same as having the ability to use them. He also cannot perform various kin exclusive magic and spells such as Parceltongue, though he also does have knowledge on them.

But some rewording that Moonshadow is working on sounds good.

Last edited:
The powers and abilities themselves are fine and accurate, though what Dark said is true. I'm currently working on a verse-specific power page for the 'Magic' in the Wizarding World, so that should make things easier, but in any case, we will need scans/references for the powers and abilities.

I might eventually get to Dumbledore's profile, since I've been reworking some profiles, but not for now.
Okay, thx for the answer

Gonna be busy with work and other verses in the next weeks, especially ER and the MCU since Doctor Strange is out wednesday so I'm not gonna be able to provide scans for a time

I should also note too, that Dumbledore, as the most brilliant mind to ever grace Hogwarts should know virtually every spell possible, with it being said Dumbledore could have done everything Voldemort did but for his Wisdom.

The only spells Dumbledore likely wouldn't have access to would be completely new spells (Sectumsempra) or Spells that are arbitrary or replaced by his skill (Transmute Rat Fur to yellow spell)
Could we split it into tabbers
Maybe one being stuff we know he had but then one for stuff that’s jot
Implied but would be included via that reasoning

I'd say that the Original books take priority over the Fantastic Beast films.

A lot of the details are embellished or portrayed wildly out of alignment with the original text.

So, I'd place the Fantastic Beast films on equal standing as the Harry Potter films, after all, the HP films were made with Rowling writing them.
Thing is the books, as the primary text for the series, would come before the Harry Potter films in the case of contradictions (which isn't rare tbh). Fantastic Beasts on the other hand doesn't really have a book series that'd overwrite it's canon status and is a new story directly written by Rowling (rather then an adaptation of her works that she influenced heavily)

Game of Thrones for instance was influenced by Martin earlier on, with him even writing episodes expressly for the show, but that doesn't imply the upcming content isn't valid to Martin's work (10,000 ships). Riordan's influence over the Percy Jackson series is similar. Preferably, the films (the core HP series, not Fantastic Beasts) would get their own profiles but I may be a minority on that

Thing is the books, as the primary text for the series, would come before the Harry Potter films in the case of contradictions (which isn't rare tbh). Fantastic Beasts on the other hand doesn't really have a book series that'd overwrite it's canon status and is a new story directly written by Rowling
For the most part however, they don't use the Book canon, they use the Movie canon.

It's why things like Creedence blowing up a Mountain even exists when the strongest destruction feats we've seen aren't anywhere near that.

I don't think it's been stated that the Fantastic Beasts are more movie canon than book canon. The screenplays published credited to JK Rowling would definitely be considered primary canon.

That being said she does contradict herself a lot.

Speaking of the Harry Potter games, I was listening to the main theme of chamber of secrets on the gamecube. Iirc Jeremy Soule actually did the music for some of the titles. They were good until Goblet of Fire lol

Speaking of the Harry Potter games, I was listening to the main theme of chamber of secrets on the gamecube. Iirc Jeremy Soule actually did the music for some of the titles. They were good until Goblet of Fire lol
Order of the Phoenix is a really good game though

For the most part however, they don't use the Book canon, they use the Movie canon.

It's why things like Creedence blowing up a Mountain even exists when the strongest destruction feats we've seen aren't anywhere near that.
Do we know the Fantastic Beasts stuff is specifically film canon tho, like could we not use the screenplays?

NGL we need game profiles (Harry is broken)

"HARREH" Dumbledore roared as he leapt into the air, did a somersault, and landed on Filch's cat, killing her instantly. "DID YA" he then advanced towards Professor Sprout and performed a swift roundhouse kick to her skull. He then spun around and targeted Professor Flitwick next "PUT YA" he bellowed as he ran at full speed and tackled Flitwick to the ground. Dumbledore kipped up from the floor and pulled out a Glock 19 from his robes. "NAME" he shouted as he shot Hagrid square in the forehead.

"IN THA" He threw the gun at Hedwig, knocking her off her perch, as he leapt upon a Nimbus 2018, completed an entire Quiditch match by catching a snitch, flew back into the room, and finally approached Harry. He grasped Harry's head on either side and squeezed until Harry's head was crushed into a handful of red pulp "GOBLETA FIYAHHH?????" Asked Dumbledore calmly.

Do we know the Fantastic Beasts stuff is specifically film canon tho, like could we not use the screenplays?
It's because it's not Rowling's work, it's usually just sparknotes and another writer turns that into the Film.

Typically, we'd consider the primary Writer (in this, Rowling) and all their works to be Primary canon.

Where there's differences, like another writer coming in (Cursed Child) or the like, we'd consider that secondary canon.

I evaluated someone calculating Peter Pettigrew's feat a while ago, it was 8-C
Okay. That can probably be used to scale most of the other Harry Potter characters from then, given that Pettigrew was a comparatively very weak wizard.
Preferably, the films (the core HP series, not Fantastic Beasts) would get their own profiles but I may be a minority on that
What do the rest of you think about separating the book and movie (presumably including Fantastic Beasts) continuities?

Back