• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some (massive) Potterverse reworks

Although iirc Dementors don't fly in the books, that was an Alfonso Curan thing
I remember them "gliding" - I think there's a quote about that somewhere on the profile - or something in the books. And btw, since Azkaban is on an island, they would need to have some way of transporting above the seas

A dementor took him down from such a long distance? Range?
The goal posts are only ~30 feet tall so he shouldn't be flying much higher than that, but yeah, a Dementor's aura can extend several metres

Oh, so the movie nerfed it. I never read passed book two when Ron kicked an animal in the garden. I want to jump to book three because is my favorite film of all of them.
Movie Dementors barely have any powers besides cold aura and being able to suck out happy thoughts/souls

Last edited:
With addition to the canon later on in life, and others probably going to do their own revisions the page itself is gunna increase. Might aswell nip that issue in the bud rn
it's a single line of code, if it gets longer later it can be added later

The new Dementor profile looks good to me. A scrollbox is unnecessary for that length of abilities section, for now at least.

Thank you. If you want to perform further HP changes you can bring them up in this thread, although it should preferably be done in the near future.

Oh, right, I was supposed to ask about that, I didn't really understand how calc stacking works from the page.

Anyway, I put it there as a supporting thing 'cause I saw something similar in the The Kraken KE calculation. Does it count as calc-stacking too?

It doesn't, the speed of a colossal squid is a real stat, while to my understanding the Subsonic rating comes from scaling to other characters, right? I'm also unsure how you got the weight.

It doesn't, the speed of a colossal squid is a real stat, while to my understanding the Subsonic rating comes from scaling to other characters, right? I'm also unsure how you got the weight.
I used the average weight of a real world python, but yes, the speed comes from scalling. I'll get rid of that then.

But just so I understand, finding a character's speed through size ratio is a valid method? Like the Kraken is X times larger than the squid so it's also X times faster?

But just so I understand, finding a character's speed through size ratio is a valid method? Like the Kraken is X times larger than the squid so it's also X times faster?
Eeeh, a lot of old and some not so old calcs use it but generally I disagree with it, if something gets bigger it also gets heavier and needs to sacrifice speed to support that weight, you don't see elephants zooming around at 200 kmh and small animals aren't as slow as slugs (minus the ones that actually are slugs). So no I don't think that's valid, I didn't realize the kraken calc used that.

Yeah, Nagini's profile is calc stacking if it comes from a Subsonic via scaling being used for kinetic energy.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

why is freezing a lake stated on their profile to be comparable to freezing a pool on the Dementors Profile
its pretty clearly far superior

Right off the bat
How do we handle the canon since we have the films and stuff as well as Cursed Child

The films are secondary canon, it can be used when it doesn't contradict the books

The Fantastic Beasts screenplays are primary canon as they were written by Rowling herself

The Cursed Child script is pretty explicitly canon as much as many don't want it to be

Last edited:
When they don't contradict the books

On that note, I think Portkey games like Hogwarts Mystery and the upcoming Hogwarts Legacy should also be considered secondary canon. Their website FAQ seems to imply as much and since they're endorsed by J.K. Rowling and belong to Warner Bros I don't see why they wouldn't be canon.

Cool, I'll look into it.

But about Nagini's profile, how are we? I guess I'm going to rework Voldemort after I update her, to clean some things up and add her to his Standard Equipment.

Last edited:
I think that we need official statements from J.K. Rowling regarding that she considers something as canon before we use it. We tend to be and and should be very careful in that regard.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll look into it more when it comes up, but yeah, the films are supposed to be used as secondary canon, as she participated in their making and all of that.

Anyway, back to the main issue, is Nagini's profile good to go?

It is true, just because other wikis consider authors word of God doesn't mean we do. Plus it's common for authors to have really bad sense of judgements when it comes to feats/power scaling and what not.

I agree that the 7 books and the Fantastic Beast series of movies are primary canon, but the movies being secondary canon is something I might be uneasy considering the multiple contradictions. As are various video game exclusive feats may be contradictory.

Edit: Though, given Harry Potter is a book series first and foremost, author statements do have a lot more power compared to things like video game verses made by big companies and what not.

Hogwarts Legacy could be used as secondary canon as it involves the Goblin rebellion mentioned in the books.

Back