• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't think this would be calc stacking per se. It's just a fact that with the Boost, Sonic's speed can reach 5x higher than his casual speed, and because we have a calc showing what Sonic's casual speed can reach, we can fine a low-end for his top speed with Boost.

You brought up a striking point though. The laser dodging feat is kind of a reaction feat, but the characters can also move to sidestep and outpace the lasers in the stages.

Like @DarkDragonMedeus said, the blog calculation need to accepted from a calculation evaluation for it result to be applicable for a CRT. i honestly though it was evaluated

@Darksspine, the fact is, just because the high end feat was casual doesn't mean it's an automatic assumption Sonic runs that fast every single time he runs from point A to Point B. In fact, I doubt he was running any faster than Mach 5 on screen. Using one low end feat to stack the result of a high end feat is simply not usable. I could use that logic to upgrade Saiyan saga cast to FTL based on a feat he did with Bubbles on King Kai's planet and then later make most of our DBZ cast Massively FTL+.

And again, they flew into a Space-Time rift that only existed due to the merging of two universes. And Merging two universes don't work that way about the whole A to B distance automatically assuming to be an edge of the Universe feat. Two Universes being merged does a lot of random stuff such as merging random locations with others. Example was in MK Vs DC, no one becomes Massively FTL+ just because they can walk from Nether Realm to Themyscira by foot. All Sonic did was travel through a gateway that connects two universes.

Except there's no gateway between universes, Eggman's was stopped before he merged the two universes and after he was stopped we see Blaze and Sonic fly back so it is the edge of the universe, the comparassion between MK vs DC isn't valid

He was still attempting to merge them, and it still created Space-Time Rifts within the universes; not automatically assumed to be located at the edge of the universe. Again, they approached the void rather then actually reached it and there is no known distance traveled if there even is a distance to be traveled.

Except that they flew back to their universes after defeating him, Blaze went to the right and Sonic to the left, that had to be the edge since Eggman was already defeated

I just noticed that it was a reaction speed feat which was stacked to their regular running speeds, neutral about the Super Sonic stuff.

I could ask Everlasting what he thinks about the Super Sonic speed feat, but it's still a Dimensional Rift that still isn't quantifiable for speed. They simply exited the gateway connecting their universes before it closed.

Perhaps you shouldn't do something like that so often, the wikia staff might take issue with a user giving a globally banned user regular communication to there sight, just a worry, this isn't really somthing you need that one's help with anyway, it's rather simple as you said

Dark649 said:
I just noticed that it was a reaction speed feat which was stacked to their regular running speeds, neutral about the Super Sonic stuff.
Yeah, I checked and it is a Reactions speed feats so it is inapplicable if it stacks against the normal speed feats because it is Calc Stacking. So, I disagree with it now.

I am neutral about the Super Sonic feats too.

He's still very knowledgeable and helps out from a distance; so his input is still very appreciated regardless of whether it's on or offsite.

The Everlasting also addressed the Space-Time rift calc. The Space-Time rift is caused by universes merging, they're never physically moving together. And there's no real distance being crossed and is simply a Dimensional Travel. We always had a standard against such feats treating said feats as edge of the universe flight speed. There's an identical feat in Final Fantasy 11 that we don't use.

Except that they fly back after defeating Eggman, so there would be no time and space rift after beating him

I said above, the space time rift doesn't fade instantly and there's still no distance to travel. It happens all the time for the Space Time rift to basically still be there just so characters have enough time to say goodbye and it doesn't fade till after they leave.

Except that wasn't what happened, there wasn't even a time and space rift, they were worried because their universes were being separated and each of them had to go to their own universes, we even see Blaze flying in her dimension. It's very diferent when a dimensional travel did happen in Rush Adventure and that required a machine to be built by Tails, Sonic couldn't travel back even with all emeralds

Yes, that was because their universes were being separated and each of them had to head back, we see Blaze flying in her Burning form at the end, implying that they flew back after being separated

That still proves they never actually flew at the speeds the blog assumes.

Not really, they crossed that distance in a short amount of time, they definaly were at the edge since Rush Adventure proves that a super form can't travel between worlds like that, the fact that the universes being separated means that they had to be at the edge or close to it

Anyway as Darkmon said it's up to the Calc Team to evaluate If the Calc is legit or not so let's first do that, Shake has already asked It in the Calc evaluation thread

Sonic has always been completely random when it comes to what powers he can or cannot do. And using the "Edge of the Universe" assumption would still be giving Sonic too much special treatment we don't give to other verses. Dolarrian was able to travel to other universes at 82 mph. Also, the Space-Time Rift was there when they fought Eggman and was briefly still around after the defeat. And they were simply pulled back to their own universes after they defeated him. That's no a speed feat at all.

Theuser789 said:
Not really, they crossed that distance in a short amount of time, they definaly were at the edge since Rush Adventure proves that a super form can't travel between worlds like that, the fact that the universes being separated means that they had to be at the edge or close to it
TBH, considering Shadow can travel between universes with a single Emerald and Sonic has done it with no Emeralds (Secret Rings, Black Knight, Forces), if that were true this would be a major inconsistency considering super forms are powered by 7 Emeralds.

It's not really a special treatement, we see in Rush Adventure that It was necessary a special machine to dimension travel.

We see Blaze flying in her super form after that implying that she flew there.

As Darkmon said it's up to the Calc Team to decide this

Cal is a former calc group member, and I do have in depth knowledge on evaluating calculations. Still, there have been numerous Calc group discussions saying that traveling through a Space-Time Rift and implementing that as an edge of the universe travel speed feat is not quantifiable.

Except that the time and space rift had been destroyed, that's why there were going to their universes and held each other. Based on the fact that they flew back to their universes there's only three possible explanations:

1: Sonic and Blaze were in Sonic's universe which means that Blaze flew the distance of Sonic and her universe.

2: they were in Blaze's universe and Sonic flew the distance of Blaze and his universe.

3: they were at the edge of their universes which is what the calc uses

It's better to wait for a oficial calc group member than wasting time arguing

Tails did use the emeralds in his machine but that game implies that Sonic couldn't travel back without the machine so It could be something special from Blaze dimension

Back