• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spirit Sign "Massive Touhou Upgrades"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like we're massively derailing here. The basis of the Yukari argument is that she is manipulating 'death' in someone who lacks 'death'. Spirit users manipulate 'spirit' in someone who lacks 'spirit'. Both of these, when broken down to their base components, are equally contradictory. The point is that, due to the similar nature of these two feats, it is absurd to reject one but not the other. Either nuke Yukari's type 5 negation, or let spirit manip's immunity negation get passed. We need to find at least some degree of consistency here. And speaking of consistency, the spirit stuff is actually more consistent than Yukari's immortality negation, funnily enough.

Immunity Negation contradicts the characters having not having a soul and/or mind as others said; it seems more like game mechanics, to be honest.
The other things in the OP seem fine.

Well, I suppose that settles it then. If there are no further issues, I can get started on applying the edits in a moment.

EDIT: This is taking longer than expected and it is 4 am here, so I will pick back up tomorrow. I've covered everyone up until 12.5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back