• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

Or better yet: An ability that's a mixture between a preemptive Color Change and Protean.

About to get attacked? Switch to a type that resists/is immune. About to attack? Free STAB.

Oh, so basically we'd get Anime Arceus.

Wonder if he'd still be susceptible to a meteor

Foxthefox1000 said:
Or better yet: An ability that's a mixture between a preemptive Color Change and Protean.
About to get attacked? Switch to a type that resists/is immune. About to attack? Free STAB.
Oh, so basically we'd get Anime Arceus.
Wonder if he'd still be susceptible to a meteor

Draco Meteor is a guarranteed OHKO

dialga,palkia and giratina get mega evolutions while arceus gets a new form that is called "true form" arceus or something no way in hell would they give the god of pokemon a gimmick that has already been used, arceus gets its own.

notice how i put true form in quotation marks? game freak would probably call it "true form" arceus but it wouldn't be arceus's actual true form it would just be arceus with all it's plates.

It's sad that the god mons are catchable for some reason. Like... what the **** do we feed our mons that Pikachu can lightning plancha Arceus into an antimatter cliff on the other side of the planet on another dimension?

At least they could've specifically noted the one we catch as a mere avatar instead of the real one. It's stupid.

Inb4 it's just Arceus wearing a full plate, while standing behind a dinner table full of plates ala the last supper.

The mask and neck wings throw me off for some reason. It feels like a Miss Universe contestant running a lucha libre match.

i also found this design but idk the belt looks weird and i want to see all the plate shown not spun around where it's a white blur with a rainbow outline.
8493-Mega-Arceus

Gemmysaur said:
The mask and neck wings throw me off for some reason. It feels like a Miss Universe contestant running a lucha libre match.
i think the neckwings looks kinda cool but the mask could be removed imo.

It's almost time to make a third thread. As of this post, we have 41 posts left in this one.

Gemmysaur said:
It's sad that the god mons are catchable for some reason. Like... what the **** do we feed our mons that Pikachu can lightning plancha Arceus into an antimatter cliff on the other side of the planet on another dimension?

At least they could've specifically noted the one we catch as a mere avatar instead of the real one. It's stupid.
Can't you also have Magikarps stomp third stage pokemon?

I pray that I'll get to see Arceus in the DP Remakes somehow. Please don't make it a Pokéball Plus 'mon like Mew or another Event again. It should take after ORAS.

I just need it to usurp Mega Ray as most broken 'mon like originally intended. Giving legendaries Mega Evolution was a mistake.

Foxthefox1000 said:
I just need it to usurp Mega Ray as most broken 'mon like originally intended. Giving legendaries Mega Evolution was a mistake.
Crowned Zacian's come very close to that. Arguably he's even surpassed ray.

The real cal howard said:
How Mewtwo has a Mega but Mew doesn't is beyond me.
because mew doesn't need the inferior mega evolution when it pales in comparison to a gimmick that tried to replace mega evolution which was much more creative but noooooo we have to have a an anime move that can only be used once.

Lavcore said:
How Mewtwo has a Mega but Mew doesn't is beyond me.
because mew doesn't need the inferior mega evolution when it pales in comparison to a gimmick that tried to replace mega evolution which was much more creative but noooooo we have to have a an anime move that can only be used once.
i think it makes sense that z moves and megas arent there, since z moves are alola exclusive and probably this takes place in the other multiverse whatever the timeline.

Rayquaza being 4-B is great, though. So maybe Megas weren't a mistake.

But still. Also, I can't wait for the inevitable anime and manga scaling that Galar gets with Zygarde Vs. Eternatus or something. 4-B Sword and Shield Doggo is something I need to happen, and 4-B Eternatus means Eternamax is somewhere above that 4-B rating AND nulls anyone slower than it.

Ugh it'd be so good but I don't have my hopes up.

Inevitable 4-B Pikachu and probably a 4-B starter mon because Pikachu may well lose somewhere down the line.

I already brought up how normal pokes can harm Dynamax/Gigantamax 'mon from the in-game lore and that you don't have to D/G-Max to fight back against such threats. I wouldn't be surprised if the anime and/or manga/comic, whatever has scenarios that further support this.

Plus, if I recall, I remember some people saying Country feats for starters could have been argued for with a composite sometime ago, and there was the gifaton calc for the Kanto starters, so a bump to country level isn't THAT obscene. It'd also then make more sense how low tier legendaries and mythicals could be beaten by non-legendaries and non-mythicals in various instances across all mediums of the franchise. Perhaps the gap between final forms and the lower legends isn't quite so wide at all, and Gigantamax literally shows that normal pokémon can have access to powers on par with those legends already, and the best part if that they can do it even without a trainer.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Gigantamax literally shows that normal pokémon can have access to powers on par with those legends already, and the best part if that they can do it even without a trainer.
Very false since GigantaMax is pokemons using the power of Eternous to power themselfs up

Actually, Zacian's female, apparently.

This Pokémon has slumbered for many years. Some say it's Zamazenta's elder sister—others say the two Pokémon are rivals.
~ Shield Pokedex​

Actually, Zacian's female, apparently.

This Pokémon has slumbered for many years. Some say it's Zamazenta's elder sister—others say the two Pokémon are rivals.
~ Shield Pokedex​
Pokedex: Zacian is female

Also Pokedex: GENDERLESS

It seems more like a recording of folklore or common public perception, given the use of "Some say", as opposed to the Pokedex definitively stating so.

Although, isn't there also lore that Zacian & Zamazenta had been dormant so long people had forgotten they existed? How old is this folklore?

Also, https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gender "however, some species of Pokémon have unknown gender (Japanese: õ©ìµÿÄ unknow)."

Supposing that's the term used in the games (In instances where gender is referred to, presumably.), then it should be noted that the term for "Unknown" gender is closer in meaning to "uncertain" than "nonexistent". Also, the majority of Legendary Pokemon, Baby Pokemon & Ultra Beasts are in the "Undiscovered" Egg Group.

In other words, just because these creatures haven't been observed reproducing, nor had their means of reproduction (anatomical or otherwise) discovered doesn't mean they don't do so.

If we're including the anime's details, the anime having multiple Legendaries would support reproduction via as of yet undiscovered means.

So it's possible Zacian IS female, either on the basis of the folklore calling it an older sister to another being, or the possibility of further research supporting it, given its "Unknown" sex and "Undiscovered" Egg Group.

Or it has whatever weird characteristics that show it to be male/hermaphrodite/asexual/whatever for its species that have been yet to be identified.

i think it makes sense that z moves and megas arent there, since z moves are alola exclusive and probably this takes place in the other multiverse whatever the timeline.

Mmm, what?

Ionliosite said:
i think it makes sense that z moves and megas arent there, since z moves are alola exclusive and probably this takes place in the other multiverse whatever the timeline. Mmm, what?
I think he means that, given the lack of Megas & Z Moves (I don't remember how much of them there are in Sw/Sh.) that this could be the non-Mega universe, brought up by the plot of OR/AS.

Jeez. If you're going to quote, remove the quote that was quoted by the quote you quoted. It's annoying for many reasons. Quote me on that.

Back