• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Steampunkverse is outside of the Tier 0 cosmology of Demonbane as Dead End Demonbane or D destroyed everything and everyone but Steampunkverse is unaffected as it is outside of the range/cosmology.

As for Nyarlathotep one, Demonbane Nyarlathotep has several avatars with their own personality. For example, Nya is a clever but evil busty bookstore owner, Haunter of the Dark is an animalistic creature, Sphinx is a strategic and cunning evil being, Ultrathotep is a Holy Elder God of benevolence and the strongest avatar of Nyarlathotep, etc. This fits well with Steampunk since M and Edison have their own personalities instead of simply being the evil villain. So if M/Edison are avatars of this Nyarlathotep, they'll be similar in power. Which will be 1-A+ at least and have absurd stuff with layered haxes including NEP 2, Transduality 2 Aspect 3, High Godly, negation of the above haxes, resistance to negation of the above haxes, etc.
God, this still gonna be hell in trying to scale any of this from Demonbane to Steampunk, or the other way around xD

Like goddamn, and to think we thought Steampunk peaked out at like 2-A last time I was here xD

As a Fate fan, I've read some of Hikaru Sakurai's work, and I liked it. I had some problems with some of it, but overall, I really enjoyed her stuff. I've heard What a Beautiful Series is her at her best. Do you all recommend it? I know that's kind of a dumb question to ask to a people who are fans of the series, but oh well. If you do, what's the best place to start? (I'm assuming it's the first game)?
Start at Sekien no Inganock, just did a reread, top 5 VN for me personally.

Thanks. Just had to take a hell of a break from this place to find myself and all that.

So a bunch of new stuff been happening on this, huh? And Sona Nyl being released finally, YESH!!

I'm still amazed that it took them 7 yrs to finally get it out of the way. Keep in mind, this has been going on since the time they announced it back in 2016.

By comparison, Gahkthun was first out in 2012, announced for localization in 2013, and then released locally in 2014...I think.
My hopes for a Valusia translation are very low, the fact it took 7 years to do Sona-Nyl isn't a good sign.

Only way I see it happening is if we flood mangagamer with money, so Sona-Nyl is a huge success.

My hopes for a Valusia translation are very low, the fact it took 7 years to do Sona-Nyl isn't a good sign.

Only way I see it happening is if we flood mangagamer with money, so Sona-Nyl is a huge success.
Yeah...

At this point, I just chalk it up ti MG having had more projects to do in those 7 years + Sona Nyl having more content compared to what Gahkthun has.

The fact that this Sona Nyl is also having the Refrain content, which includes the Web Novel to Sona Nyl and another story to follow with it probably made them put more time into it.

No haven't read anything from you since you left, the verse died with you lol.

I have to reread all your translations, and the new stuff.

Having waited years for Sona-Nyl i honestly don't know if i can wait to read it anymore, knowing it's gonna be out, i think Gahthun and Sharnoth re-read's probably will take a back seat.

No haven't read anything from you since you left, the verse died with you lol.

I have to reread all your translations, and the new stuff.

Having waited years for Sona-Nyl i honestly don't know if i can wait to read it anymore, knowing it's gonna be out, i think Gahthun and Sharnoth re-read's probably will take a back seat.
No shit, I deadass let it die or be frozen on ice until MG finally let Sona Nyl be done and released xD

Oh, you'll love it I'm sure.

I'll just link them here and you can just read at whenever.
  1. Prologue
  2. Part 1
  3. Part 2
  4. Part 3
  5. Part 4
  6. Finale

Looking around other people have the same issue too, so yea have to wait for the bug to be fixed...

So now that Sona Nyl's out, and minus whether anyone has it or if they do, how buggy it is on their side (I saw one guy on YT upload Sona Nyl but the audio towards the end of their vid sounded almost static'y but idk if that's intentional or also an audio bug too).

I just remembered I made something [like this] when I was still around the first time and didn't really get to publish it due to the only prominent Critters we have being from Inganock, and everywhere else was either just not out yet for us to know anything (Sona Nyl) or explored/appeared very little to tell if they did anything else new that we didn't know about (Gahkthun).

Guessing once we get through all of Sona Nyl in any way, we can make a page like this? Seems kinda easier putting all of the abilities of Critters all in one page or something. Maybe Kikai too but I'm sure they're still different enough to be their own thing if not on their users pages.

That was the plan, was gonna do it after I get back on the Inganock side of things, but if want to do it, and apply all the changes, go ahead, saves me the effort.

Would require a crt for it though, and if you haven't noticing I have been working on Inganock so a revision went through, which added a lot of stuff.

I would also need to provide some things to add as well, probably.

That was the plan, was gonna do it after I get back on the Inganock side of things, but if want to do it, and apply all the changes, go ahead, saves me the effort.

Would require a crt for it though, and if you haven't noticing I have been working on Inganock so a revision went through, which added a lot of stuff.

I would also need to provide some things to add as well, probably.
Alright. You put all of the stuff for Critters, yeah?

Also, should Kikai also be there too? That would make it "Critter and Kikai Physiology" given both do share some shared nature here and there. Or just Critters alone will suffice?

Critter and kikai physiology.

But yea just look at the current profiles, kikai are broken now they have immunity to Critter stuff and people like Lemure and Gii can bypass that immunity.

Hell yeah~

I can probably also put in a few of the stuff I learned from the Golden Yarn story the other guy here posted. Critters and Kikai should be even more broke just off that alone xD

Their hax is literally cracking, it's math manipulation and physics manipulation, so you can't resist their hax without resisting those.

It also became obvious to me that kikai can see the information of things like Gii, made perfect sense, since their power is cracking, the equation lets you manipulate the numbers that shape reality, so obviously they can see those numbers.

Anyway we should probably hold off on posting a critter physiology page for now, it can worked on in a sandbox, but i still need to go through Gahkthun, and those side stories before it's all ready to go.

I think a "Cracking" page is probably in order eventually too, but that requires a read through of every thing, seeing as it's present in multiple series, and Sona Nyl for the little i read, was hinting at Cracking already being a thing, before the events of Inganock.

In the mean time since Sona Nyl is a bust, will continue my read through of Sharnoth. Heck a metacritter page might be in order too, and then an angel one. It's a lot of work, and not enough time for me, so things are gonna be slow.

Anyway we should probably hold off on posting a critter physiology page for now, it can worked on in a sandbox, but i still need to go through Gahkthun, and those side stories before it's all ready to go.

I think a "Cracking" page is probably in order eventually too, but that requires a read through of every thing, seeing as it's present in multiple series, and Sona Nyl for the little i read, was hinting at Cracking already being a thing, before the events of Inganock.

In the mean time since Sona Nyl is a bust, will continue my read through of Sharnoth. Heck a metacritter page might be in order too, and then an angel one. It's a lot of work, and not enough time for me, so things are gonna be slow.
That's fair. I'm seeing the usage of references are now a thing, so those will be a doozy to reconfig to go with what I originally have in mind.

Oh definitely.

If you do the Angels one, it'll probably be called "Messenger" as the part I saw on that person's playthrough on YT so far has them called such. Heck, Sona Nyl's website, or MG's localization version of theirs, also refer to them as such too. Which makes sense as the word Angel WAS derived from a word that means "Messenger" or something last I checked out its origins.

Man...looking at my blog of stuff I did in the past few years, I REALLY sucked major A and D on going from JP to ENG xD

Screwing up names left and right like Karsheel which should have been "Karashrer" or smth like that, to even the Golden Yarn which should have been "G'harne" and that, too, is also a Cthulu Mythos reference.

Man, I am f'ing stupid lol.

At least now with me getting back into it cuz of SN finally being released, and having also been doing work there cuz of @RM97 (Super YUH owo), I look at my old stuff and I really gotta polish them up when I have the chance. They are shit quality compared to what I make more of an effort on now xD

That said, I also looked at the few Liarsoft magazines that give off these exclusive stories like for Sharnoth and Sona Nyl. Not a whole lot because I didn't want to spend hundreds of bucks on getting all of them from overseas (they're not that expansive...just collectively, they are), but I got what I have and I have some more content to work with.

Still not a lot, but hey, better than nothing to keep us occupied some more with this series.

Further looking into this list of Liar-soft magazines, Sakurai really had a lot of short/side stories in the magazines. Mostly those pertaining to Celenaria, Inganock, Sharnoth, Valusia, and Sona Nyl. Gahkthun got some too in the later editions, but those aren't as abundant as the others before it.

But boy oh boy, did I at least found one story of Sharnoth I plan to do later this week.

...Anyone interested in a story regarding the Society and the Tick Tock Man/Time Man? Cuz I reviewed it and the dialogue that I think is being talked about is so funny lol.

Okay, here goes. It's gonna be broken down a bit cuz of how much there is, so I'll just have Crack Chrome first. (Spoilers for anyone who has read Golden Yarn G'harne yet)

Crack Chrome

Crack Chrome and his Kikai (unnamed still even in his focused centric story) killed Dragon, the Critter said to be the "King" that leads all Critters

誰もが想像だにしなかっただろう。

This was something no one would have imagined.

地下の暗がりに横たわる巨体など。誰も。誰も。

A giant laying in the underground darkness. Nobody. No one.

都市最大の脅威と恐れられたクリッター・ドラゴンが、人知れずその住処たる地下大機関区で物言わぬ骸と化すなどということを、何者かにされていたなどということを、何故、想像することができるというのか。できるはずがない。完全装甲。不可侵情報体。かつて遠き異郷たる北央大陸の大戦で猛威を振るった機動要塞の主砲にさえ揺らぐことのないだろうその体躯は、無敵だ。およそ人の身で人のわざで抗しえるはずのないものなのだ。それがクリッター。恐怖の主。異形へと歪んだ人々の奥底を縛り付ける者ども。ドラゴンは、それら恐怖を統べるものどもの、ただひとつの王なのだから。

How could anyone imagine Critter Dragon, feared as the city's greatest threat, had been unknowingly turned to a silent skeleton in the underground large engine depot where it resided. That was impossible. It was fully armorred. It had an impenetrable information body. The body, which could not be swayed even by the Main guns of the Mobile Fortress that once raged in a Great War in a foreign distant land was invincible. It was something that human means could not overcome. That is the Critter. The Lords of Terror, those who were bounded in the depths of those who were distorted into fantasies. Dragon was the one who controlled those terrors as their only King.

誰かが殺したのだ。横たわる王の躯。赤き王の残骸。死体。

Someone killed it. The laid-down body of the King. The ruins of the Red King. Its corpse.

それがすべて。誰が。回答はない。回答はない。

That was it. But who, there was not an answer. No answer to it.

だが、異形都市インガノック最下層、地下、壮絶なクリッター戦闘の痕跡が色濃く残る大機関区画にその“ふたり”の姿は在った。漂う死臭にも、竜の死骸から未だ放たれ続ける熱的死の具現たる高熱にも耐えて、地下大機関周辺に特有の煤煙の溶け込んだ空気にも。一度肺に吸い込めばあらゆる人が死ぬ。どれだけ異形化を果たそうともまともな臓器を有する人であれば耐えられまい。一呼吸。それだけで死ねる。

Even so, there were "two" who were in the bottommost tier of the Fantasy City of Inganock, underground in a large engine section where traces of the fierce Critter battle remained. They endured the stench of death lingering in the air, the high heat that was the embodiment of heat death still emanating from the Dragon's corpse, and the sooty air characteristic of the area around the underground large engine. Once inhaled into the lungs, everyone would die. No one, regardless of how much of a fantasy they were, could not withstand it without proper organs. Just a single intake was all it took to die.

それでも、死招く熱と大気とに耐えながら、その“ふたり”は“そこ”にいた。

And yet, "they" were "there", enduring the deadly heat and the atmosphere.

ひとりは男。数式使いの鋼(クラック・クローム)たる男。

One was a man. The man was Crack Chrome.

もうひとりは、影。

The other was a shadow.

すべての幻想を失った都市において唯一語られる、おとぎ話だ。

The only fairy tale left in a city that lost all other illusions.

すなわち、万色に変化する鋼の人影。

They were steel figures of all colors.

その名は《奇械》。

Its name was Kikai.

人ならざる鋼の影。

A shadow of steel that was not human.

異形を灼く炎の刃。

A blade of flame that crushed fantasies.

人に“美しいもの”をもたらす、都市ただひとつの希望ーー

The only thing that can bring about "beautiful things" to the people in this city...

Crack Chrome has his own Equation Eye just like Gii's, although it's not as descriptive on what else it does but of what we're told, it said it allows him to "perceive all phenomenon". Though it can't perceive his Kikai for some reason.

「......ああ。大丈夫、だよ」

"...Ah. It's alright, now."

男が背後の“もうひとり”へ声を掛ける。

The man called out to the "other one" behind him.

その姿は彼には見えはしない。ただ、頬に触れる小さな小さな手の感触を覚えるだけ。白い手。実際にはそれは万色の鋼の手であるはずだけれど、男は都市の真実に僅かだけ近く、故にそれを白い手であると認識していた。背後に佇む“彼女”の手。差し伸べられる右手。

They were invisible to him. Only the touch of a small little hand to his cheek could he feel it. It was a white hand. Though it should have really been a steel hand of all colors, to the man it was closer to the truth in the city as a white hand. The hand of "she" who stood behind him. The right hand that reached out.

地下大機関区を埋め尽くす無数の機関機器の残骸たる瓦礫の中に座り込んで、数式使いの鋼(クラック・クローム)と自称する男は、僅かに、僅かに、微笑みを浮かべていたかも知れない。背後の“被女”の存在を感じながら。その姿、明確には見えていなくとも。あらゆるものを見通すはずの“左目”にさえ映らなくとも。彼の"左目”は数式の目。あらゆる事象を認識する。周囲の瓦礫も未だ眠り続ける地下大機関も骸と化したドラゴンをも正しくその存在を認識し、構成する元素さえ諳んじることが可能だ。それでも見えない。ただひとつ、背後に佇む“彼女”の真なる姿だけは。だから、彼は、唯一彼が人間であることを示す“心”で感じる。その手が真白い少女の手であるということを、仄かに、それは確信とさえ呼べなかったけれど。

The man who sat amongst the countless debris of engine machinery filling the underground large engine depot calling himself Crack Chrome may have smiled a little. Just slightly, feeling the existence of "her" behind him. Even if he could not see her clearly. Even if his "Left Eye" that could see everything did not perceive her. His "Left Eye" was an Equation Eye, capable of perceiving all phenomena. It was certainly possible to perceive the debris of the underground large engine that lay asleep and the ruins of the Dragon that had become a skeleton in his surroundings, even memorize the elements that make up its structure. Yet he could not see them, the sole true figure of "her" behind him. Only with the feel of his "heart" could they be seen to him that she was human. It wasn't quite certain, but it was faint for him that the hand was of a pure white girl.

Crack Chrome also has another kind of visual function related to his Crack Engine implants that allows him to check his body's status for injuries (also doubles as a kind of endurance/durability feat given what's being described here)

背後の“彼女"へそっと微笑むと、彼は、一度だけ瞼を閉じる。数式の目とは別の鋼と換えた身体機能としての眼球に小さな画面が表示される。恐るべきクリッター・ドラゴンとの戦いで受けた傷は、たとえ強靭な鋼(クローム)で構成された彼と言えどもただでは済まない。常人であれば幾度の死を迎えたか分からないほどの攻撃だ。再起動を掛けて立ち上がるにはそれなりの時間も必要だろう。

Smiling softly at "she" behind him, he closed his eyes once more. A small screen appeared on his eye, a bodily function that had been replaced with steel separate from his Equation Eye. The wounds he sustained from the fearsome Critter Dragon were far more than he could bear, even if he were made out of tough chrome. Had he been an ordinary person, he would have died many times over. It would take some time for him to reboot and get up.

激しい戦闘があった。明確だ。想像を絶する戦いの余波で周囲はひどく打ち壊されている。破壊を撒き散らす巨大な牙と爪の他に、あらゆる物質を融解させる“熱波”能力によってドラゴンの周囲の一部は未だに泡立っている。鉄が。泡を立てているのだから。

It was clear that the battle was fierce. The aftermath of the unimaginative battle devasted the surrounding area. On top of the claws and fangs that wreaked havoc, parts of Dragon's surroundings were still bubbling from its "heat wave" ability to melt all matter. The iron was bubbling.

床に突き立てた黒の大剣に背中を預けて、剣の更に背後に佇むはずの“彼女”の存在を感じながら、彼は、未だクロックを関することなきクラック・クロームは、そっと瞼を開けて。

With his back against the black long sword propped up on the floor, feeling "she" behind him who should have been further away from the blade, he who had yet to see the clock, Crack Chrome, gently opened his eyes.

Not much of anything, but he's strong enough that something weighing over 200 lbs in one hand would usually be nothing to him.

左手に力が入らない。これでは手加減もできそうにない。

He felt no strength in his left arm. This wasn't going to be easy by the looks of it.

人間は、人間であった者たちは殺したくない。

Humans do not kill those who were human.

それが、クラック・クロームである自分の矜持であるのだ。けれど黒の大剣を掴んだ左手のだらしなさはどうだ。いつもは無ほどの重さも感じない兵装Aが今はひどく重い。200ポンドを超える重量を誇る金属塊が。重い。

That was his pride as Crack Chrome. Yet what was with the looseness in his left hand wielding the long black sword? Weapon A, which normally didn't feel heavy at all, was currently horribly heavy. A block of metal that weighs over 200 pounds was heavy to him.

Crack Chrome is such a beast, he literally has access to three offensive/destructive type equations.

クラック・クローム。数式使いの鋼。

Crack Chrome. The Steel Equation User.

数多くの極めて危険な大型幻想生物を屠り、時にクリッターにさえ立ち向かい、変異の有無に関わらずあらゆる人間の生存領域の確保と拡大に陰ながら尽力してきた路地の騎士。並び立つ者なき孤高の男。操る現象数式は炎熱と氷結、それに念動が主。たとえ変異していても人間の大脳では処理し切れないと評される三種の攻撃的数式を操り、対象を破壊する。故に、彼の戦闘行動の痕はこの世のものとは思えない惨状となることが知られている。

The Street Knight slaughtered many extremely dangerous Monsters, sometimes even Critters, working behind the scenes to secure and expand surviving areas for all humans with or without mutations. He was a man without peers. His Phenomena Equation was mainly fire, ice, and telekinesis. He can manipulate three types of offensive Equations said to be too much for the human brain to handle even if they were mutated, using them to destroy his targets. Thus, it was said that traces of his battle actions were an unbelievable scene.

多くの都市住民は認識し得ないことだが、試作上層兵として未だ開発途上にある数秘機関の粋を集めた合成人間、大脳以外のすべての身体部位をクロームへと置き換えて後の彼の戦闘は、更に苛烈なものとなった。巨大な鋼剣を右手で振るい、左手では数式の対象を選び、時にはその手そのもので幻想生物の頭部を破壊する。距離が近ければ助骨を砕いて心臓を抉り出すことも多い。

Unbeknownst to many city dwellers, Chrome's battles were even more fierce after he had replaced almost all of his body but his brain with Crack Engines. He was a synthetic human who was still undergoing development as a prototype Upper Tier Soldier. With his right hand, he wielded a giant steel sword. In his left hand were any of the equations of his choosing, sometimes even using his hand to crush a Monster's head. If the distance was short, he would often crush their ribs and rip their heart out.

炎熱に灼かれて、殺される敵。

氷結し砕かれて、殺される敵。

念動に捻られて、殺される敵。

At times, he would kill the enemy by scorching them in flames.

At times, he would kill the enemy by smashing them apart in ice.

At times, he would kill the enemy by bending them with telekinesis.

(Possible/Likely Outlier?) Crack Chrome, or his Kikai perhaps, reacted to Critter Marionette's threads, of which there are 666+ of them that are shot out at the "speed of lightning".

精神操作と肉体操作の不可視の神経索666本が迫る。

電光の速度のそれを人間は躱せまい。

同時に迫る多腕の抱擁さえ躱せまい。

けれども。

666 invisible nerve cords of spiritual manipulation and physical manipulation closed in.

No human could evade it coming at the speed of lightning.

No one could evade the simultaneous embrace of the multi-arms.

However.

『わたしが』

『あなたを』

『たすけて』

『あげるの』

『背後に佇むだけで何も言わない餓鬼の何がいいの?』

"I..."

"Will..."

"Save you..."

"Take it from me."

"What good is a brat who stands behind you and says nothing?"

その抱擁は同時に神経索666本を対象へと撃ち込む。

全身の神経が瞬時に支配される。電光の速度で。

クローム鋼の装甲さえも貫通する威力を備えて。

けれども。

The embrace simultaneously shoots out the 666 nerve cords onto the target.

The nerves of the whole body are instantly taken over at the speed of lightning.

With the power to pierce through even chrome steel armor.

However.

「――或いは、お前の声。届いたかも知れないが。

足りない。速度が。一秒、いいや、もしくは二秒か」

"...your voice. It has reached me

You weren't fast enough. One second, no, two seconds."

聞いている。

聴いている。

現象数式で鋭敏化した“聴覚”がクリッターを認識している!

He listened for it.

He heard it.

His "hearing", sensitized by the Phenomena Equation, comprehended the Critter!

クリッター・マリオネットは破壊されない。クリッターは常に絶対であって人間によってされ消え去ることなどないのだから。それでも、もしも、人間でも、命でもない、何者かに破壊されることが有り得るのなら。それは、666さえ超えて無限に拡散しその体躯を維持し続ける神経索総数666兆本の同時寸断のみ。そう、すべての情報を“彼”の“聴覚”は認識できている。

Critter Marionette cannot be destroyed. Critters were always absolute, something that cannot be destroyed by humans. But yet, if something could destroy it, it was neither human nor a life. It simultaneously shredded all of the 666 nerve cords which infinitely diffused beyond 666 and continued to maintain its body. Yes, "he" was able to "hear" and comprehend all of the information.

"You are here right now."

誰よりも速く路他駆ける影たる"彼"は右手を差し伸べる。

The shadowy "him" who dashed through the streets faster than anyone else reached out with his right hand.

奇しくも、666兆本の神経索すべてを今まさに右手に携えた電光の鑓と化して襲い掛からんとする異形に歪んだ人型のクリッターへと向けて。

手と、手を、触れ合わさんばかりに。

手と、手を、何かに焦がれるように。

Strangely, all of the 666 nerve cords turned into a spear of lightning in his right hand, turning towards the deformed humanoid Critter that was about to attack him.

Hand and hand, as though they were touching one another.

Hand and hand, as though it was what it yearned for.

けれども――

However...

速き"彼”の背後に佇む“彼女の手が、伸びて。

異形の人型は砕かれる。

背中に聳えさせた巨大な時計盤と共に。

"She" that stands behind the swift "him" stretched out with her hand.

Shattering the deformed humanoid form.

With the giant clock face towering from behind it.

Guess I'll be real busy into next year, cuz I got set up with a bunch of more other side/short stories for Steampunk lol.

They're all of Souten, Shikkoku, Hikari, Shiei, and Ourai. The only one I wasn't given was Sekien, but I still have the other major story for Sekien so that's fine for rn.

Gonna be a plentiful year of content for me ^^;

I should be able to make a Crack Chrome CRT later but just in case I gotta make more justifications for him, I'll be posting the stuff regarding Critter Marionette that, like anything not from the VN, got some stuff their own that's also interesting and SURELY ofc affect all other characters of relevance in Inganock.

Critter Marionette

To start off, we got Marionette as an "unknown observer" towards Crack Chrome, with something very particular about them that I'm sure would be partly surprising and not so surprising (the latter if you even read Golden G'harne).

The sound of a clock.

The sound of a clock.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

The clock that was embedded in it by someone echoes.

And it groans, as the time draws near.

Observing Crack Chrome and presenting them with a whisper.

It was a ball-jointed doll in the shape of a beautiful girl.

They were a size or two smaller than a human, but were stronger than one. It was far crueler. It was far more innocent.

Crueler. Innocent. It hid and stared at him.

With her pretty lips, a terrifying Critter voice echoes...

"The time. Time. The time is near.

My time. The time I desire.

Here. Me, my own still creature, Crack Chrome."

"The "time" that I desire."

This is information regarding Critter Marionette by the Underground Engine records.

[Underground Large Engine records]

[Special class 1 confidential information/Great Duke's confidential]

Critter Marionette

A Critter that manipulates all living things. A thread user. A living puppet.

It was a ball-jointed doll in the form of a good-looking girl.

It was one size shorter than an adult male (about the size of a human girl).

But in battle, it becomes a distorted multi-armed humanoid larger than a human.

It's possible for them to manipulate any living being through their nerves/inanimate objects.

Its intelligence is about the same as Critter Bandersnatch at this moment. This was due to connecting a part of the Underground Large Engine and secretly continuous ultra-advanced calculations that resulted in obtaining an ego to ask itself. They lamented their situation of the fact they appeared in response to the Kikai, deciding for itself to rebel against Critter Dragon who wanted to maintain the status quo despite being the King of Critters.

Size: Medium size A~B (human size)

Threat level: Medium (extremely high depending on the manipulated target)

Ability: Nullification of attacks based on laws of physics (physical destructive force will not work, basically)

--Voice of Panic

--Coercion (Manipulation of the nerves and the like)

--Transformation (It can change into a form with combat power akin to a large Monster)

--Blessing (a blessing by means of the Original Existence? Or the Time Man?)

Weakness: Ultra-heat

Additional information 1:
It defeated Dragon through manipulating the prototype Upper Tier Soldier. Destruction completed.

Additional information 2:
It continued to manipulate the prototype Upper Tier Soldier, assisting his escape from the Crack Engine Bureau.

Additional information 3:
It used him to murder one of the 8th tier's influential figures and to commit other murders.

Additional information 4:
With the prototype Upper Tier Soldier, it escapes to information space.

Marionette's threads were using Crack Chrome to go ascend the Golden Staircase thing in order to kill Lemure Lemure (at this time the story takes place, they had the title of "Strongest Kikai user" so there's that). Said threads can control a person on a physical and spiritual level, and are also invisible at that.

Reflectively he whispered, bisecting the rolling helmet with his large sword, destroying it into small pieces. He waited for a reply. Why? Why, why? What was the reason for this? No, that wasn't something he could say. It must be from something behind him.

But currently, he cannot notice it.

With him were invisible threads intertwining him.

These were threads released by someone who was manipulating his body and spirit.

He walks. He walked along a vast garden dyed in crimson nerve fluid that ran along the bodies of the Upper Tier Soldiers. His coordinates were the viceroy's official residence. It wasn't the Seikyouan-style mansion, but the Golden Spiral Staircase that existed in a phase not seen by others. Here was the cradle of Lemure Lemure, the strongest Kikai user, where "the one" who waits at the farthest ends of his awakening was Crack Chrome who, controlled by the "threads", desired.

"Kill him."

The owner of the threads spoke in his mind.

Kill. Kill, kill, bring an end to the original Kikai user Lemure, spoke the Lord of the threads.

However...

However, Crack Chrome was resisting.

He did not notice the intent to keep on ascending the staircase.

He was there, waiting in front of the thing at the end.

They who slept in the cradle...

"Kill him."

This wasn't right. This is clearly not his intent to do.

Even as he tried to resist the spiritual control/physical control, his arm would swing by itself. He didn't like that. Stop it. Could he say it, scream it? Neither, he can only shake his blade slightly.

Even so, he refused.

He didn't know what it was that sleeping in that cradle, but he instinctively knew.

"This is something that should not be killed a second time."

These "threads" are also numerous. Like, a LOT. And are fast and strong too. Plus some stuff that's described of Marionette that should scale to other Critters in the series.
In an instant, she cuts down all of the "threads", severing through all 666 invisible nerve cords of Critter Marionette's spiritual manipulation and physical manipulation.

666 invisible nerve cords of spiritual manipulation and physical manipulation closed in.

No human could evade it coming at the speed of lightning.

No one could evade the simultaneous embrace of the multi-arms.

However.

The embrace simultaneously shoots out the 666 nerve cords onto the target.

The nerves of the whole body are instantly taken over at the speed of lightning.

With the power to pierce through even chrome steel armor.

However.

Critter Marionette cannot be destroyed. Critters were always absolute, something that cannot be destroyed by humans. But yet, if something could destroy it, it was neither human nor a life. It simultaneously shredded all of the 666 nerve cords which infinitely diffused beyond 666 and continued to maintain its body. Yes, "he" was able to "hear" and comprehend all of the information.

The hand that extended from "behind" "him" shattered Critter Marionette's core, something that was invulnerable to anything regardless of whether it was an attack from a super heavy sword or the Phenomenona Equation. It was an inhuman steel shadow, a bladed hand that shatters fantasies.

That would be what would describe by any who saw this.

"He", the Street Knight, was different from the bladed hand. His were steel hands. This was different. He stared at the hands that of a translucent white color.

These were hands from someone behind him.

The white hand of someone he desired.

Exposed to the screams of Marionette's Voice of Panic as it was being destroyed, the chrome-composed "he" stood there without having his spirit crushed.
He watched as the white hand pierced through the Critter's body.

He watched as the white hand tore through the 666 nerve cords.

And.

Seems like Critters profile should have Blessed (Protection)? And Grimm=Grimm will have Law / Fate Manipulation & Power Bestowal.
クリッターは絶対だ。そういう風にできている。それが都市インガノックの運命であるはずだし、都市のあらゆる人々の視界の端で踊る道化師の定めた法則であるはずだ。やがて下層全域に渡り施行・執行されることになる死の都市法よりもなお勝る、物理的な物だ。無力と絶望を強いる無形の檻だ。斬首台(ギロチン)の刃。だから、ドラゴンを骸と変えたものは人ではない。人であってはならない。だが。

Critters were absolute. That's just how it was. That's how it should have been the city of Inganock's fate, a law set by the Clown that dances at the edge of everyone's vision in the city. A physical thing that enforced the City's Law of Death by trailless execution all over the lower tiers. An intangible cage that enforced hopelessness and despair. A guillotine. It could not have been a person. And yet.
クリッターは絶対だ。そういう風にできているし、そういう風にこのものどもは生まれているのだから。それが都市インガノックの明白な運命であって視界の端で踊る道化師の定めた法則であるはずだ。そうだ。いない。最早“彼”があの道化師の姿を見なくなってからどれくらいの時が過ぎたのだろう。見えるはずのものが消えたことに気付かずにいることにさえ気付かない、狂気を更に覆う狂気に包まれたのはいつだろう。神経索666本を撃ち込まれた後か、それとも前であるのか。わからない。チク・タク、わかり得ることなどない。人間が、クリッターに勝てないのと同じように。

Critters were absolute. They were made that way, and that was how those things were born as. That was the manifest destiny of the city of Inganock, set by the clown that dances on the edge of everyone's vision. Yes, him. He was not here. He wondered how long ago it was since "he" no longer saw the clown. When was it that he was surrounded by even more madness, not even aware that what he was supposed to see was gone? Was it before or after the 666 nerve cords were shot? He didn't know. Tick Tock, there was nothing he could understand just like how humans cannot overcome a Critter.

けれども。

速き“彼”の背後の“彼女”は、人ではなかった。

However.

The "she" behind the swift "him" was not a human.
クリッター・マリオネットは破壊されない。クリッターは常に絶対であって人間によってされ消え去ることなどないのだから。それでも、もしも、人間でも、命でもない、何者かに破壊されることが有り得るのなら。それは、666さえ超えて無限に拡散しその体躯を維持し続ける神経索総数666兆本の同時寸断のみ。そう、すべての情報を“彼”の“聴覚”は認識できている。

人間には為しえない。

命ある形には決して。

No human could have done it.

Neither could any living form.

けれども。

背後の“彼女”は人間ではなく、同時に――

However.

The "she" standing behind was not human, but at the same time...

Btw if you guys want to add stuff from the side stories, feel free to make CRT'S, saves me the trouble, I am just 1 person here, and I am focused on the main stories right now.

@Mycroft_er Probably? I can't quite recall from Inganock if there's any other Critter even had this sort of thing, and that's not going into the big implication, or outright idea that Tick Tock Man had something to do with how "unique" Critter Marionette is and how he managed to still break the Street Knight [Crack Chrome].

And hell, Marionette's not even that strong for a Critter. But they ARE haxy in their own way like having the Critter Voice thing and invulnerable to physics *****. Though they don't seem to have the ability to use death related hax, only just control peeps on a physical + spiritual level...which explains the threat level they got that can go pretty high depending who they control. That's how she got it from having CC kill Dragon xD

Guess that works out, and should apply to all the other Critters.

Making illusions even more broke owo.

@Celestial_Pegasus Real shit, man owo

The fact Kikai can even kill these things make them all the more broken for something that only showed up in Inganock (Kikai, I mean).

Makes me wanna do Dark Green Zanthu and see what else we can get from there. I read online we got another Critter that was actually mentioned in Inganock's website glossary and they feature in this story. Although I didn't really do anything about it because it felt incomplete and if what I got is right, that story is completed in the Steampunk Series fandisc so...probably gonna end up with some incomplete info depending how much of what we know on there is right...

@Mycroft_er Probably? I can't quite recall from Inganock if there's any other Critter even had this sort of thing, and that's not going into the big implication, or outright idea that Tick Tock Man had something to do with how "unique" Critter Marionette is and how he managed to still break the Street Knight [Crack Chrome].

And hell, Marionette's not even that strong for a Critter. But they ARE haxy in their own way like having the Critter Voice thing and invulnerable to physics *****. Though they don't seem to have the ability to use death related hax, only just control peeps on a physical + spiritual level...which explains the threat level they got that can go pretty high depending who they control. That's how she got it from having CC kill Dragon xD

Guess that works out, and should apply to all the other Critters.

Making illusions even more broke owo.
It will be applied to all Critters. Inganock mentioned Critters as scans in Golden Yarn. They can not be destroyed by humans.

It will be applied to all Critters. Inganock mentioned Critters as scans in Golden Yarn. They can not be destroyed by humans.
Oh that one? Yeah, that works.

I was told that the "blessed" part of Marionette was particularly so she can be Tick Tock Man's plaything. Something something about making her have "false hope" that killing Lemure and all would allow her to escape being in the city and all.

Like that wouldn't mean shit in a battle of just being TTM's bish xD

Btw if you guys want to add stuff from the side stories, feel free to make CRT'S, saves me the trouble, I am just 1 person here, and I am focused on the main stories right now.
That was the plan anyway.

Crack Chrome needs his update, and technically the stuff with him and Marionette also affects the Critters and Kikai. The blessed thing with the law and whatever with Grimm, Chrome's unnamed kikai being able to kill Critters, Critters having information bodies, additional resistance to body puppetry for Kikai's? All that sort.

Oh that one? Yeah, that works.

I was told that the "blessed" part of Marionette was particularly so she can be Tick Tock Man's plaything. Something something about making her have "false hope" that killing Lemure and all would allow her to escape being in the city and all.

Like that wouldn't mean shit in a battle of just being TTM's bish xD
Qliphoth, can you translate this text? And here is the source of these scans.
クリッターとは──
スチームパンク世界で災害規模の破壊と殺戮をもたらす
恐怖の象徴とも呼べるべき異形の存在です。

あらゆる物理的干渉は通用せず、
様々な特殊能力を持ち、中にはきわめて高い知能を有する個体もいます。

都市インガノックにあってはドラゴン等の幻想を模した
姿と名前を得て、合計41体が顕現しました。
『現象数式』とは、認識と思考によって世界を書き換える力です。
多くの病を癒し、銃火器をも越える破壊力を発現させることも可能です。
とある特殊な数式を理解し、行使する事で、現実を書き換えるのだと言われています。

魔法とさえ見紛うこの力は、
スチームパンク世界における大半の地域では存在さえ知られていませんが、