• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Would be kinda odd to say that Grimm and Kikai are predated creation beings or whatever, considering our knowledge of them is them being born since the very moment Grimm Grimm was born and cause all of that shit to happen to Inganock iirc.

No Grimm and Kikai don't predate creation, as far as i know, as i said that's more of an M thing.
I'm not saying that they predate creation. What I meant was that it'd be cool if Grimm and Kikai were nothingness but still defined as illusion or possibility. Whereas M/Edison were the complete void where even these illusions/possibilities cannot exist (despite being nonexistent).

Everything supernatural is called an illusion, as in this thing shouldn't exist in an age of steam engines, but alot of them ie metacritters do exist.

Grimm is literally an illusion cause he doesn't exist, and while M is kind of called one, he denies it and says he is beyond understand, time, space etc.

Found the scan, but yea it's in the full voice reborn, the same place where it was mention that M is the concept of jet black,would have to rebook at the whole dialogue there

XK0hBMj.png

Man, that sure took me back through memory lane.

I mean for M, him being an illusion of anything would have been also odd given while he WAS the King of a civilization/group of illusions (The Old Ones) who all disappeared sans a select few according to Sakurai, he surely isn't one given he's been around long enough to have known earth in its early pre-science days too.

That, and being a "highly conceptual being" of black puts him in an entirely different league anyway.

Edison/Tick Tock Man too by proxy of just being another M (Nyar) from another history/"sky".

Just got out some short stories for Sharnoth from Liarsoft's club exclusive magazines.

At least some extra content to read through on the chars since Sharnoth, I guess.

Also, gonna say this in advance. I got this realization on how to effectively clean up the other stories and, having done one with a certain novel for a certain other series, I decided I'll be taking off the OG JP script that I had on my posts and just leave in the ENG text in. Cleaned up and better readability, but still in ENG.

That said, I probably will have the OG JP script back on there but in separate posts. Why? Only because I get the impression that while many in JP and whatnot may have access to the series (VN, magazine stories, fandics, etc.), there's not many who would have that here in the West and whatnot.

That means there's no awkward breaks and gaps from JP to ENG and back. How to do it, I have no idea atm. But I got something good to do that including the stuff related to Sona Nyl owo.

Well, got some exciting news for you guys.

Hopefully anyone here had finished Sona Nyl (Refrain) because I just uploaded the Engine Dictionary story on my blog! So WEW, that stuff has been collecting on my goddamn drafts for a few years now lol.

And finally, it's done and out now that the game itself is out. I didn't do the glossary tbh because I'm VERY certain 99% of the game's own glossary is in there as is the Engine Dictionary one so...yeah.

I also released the novel story for some more Sona Nyl story content too, including this one story where we got some details about Sanido/Kthanid (miss/mister "I use kindness to spread love to others, but it's so bad whole galaxies get destroyed from that alone")

Even more is the Liarsoft Monthly magazines too for Sona Nyl, so even MORE story content owo.

Edit: I mean to say that I got the monthly's but didn't those yet. They'll come in later, most likely after the holidays and new year is passed.

Just keep in mind you'll be going in with quite the spoilers if you haven't finished the base game/Refrain yet, especially the Engine Dictionary story.

Last edited:
Yea, not reading those for weeks if not longer.

With the upcoming holidays, goal is to finish and revise Sharnoth then move on to Gahkthun.

Last edited:
You can at least do the Sharnoth short stories but yeah, it's best to hold off on the Engine Dictionary story til you can get Sona Nyl resolved through.

There's also some Gahkthun short stories I also got from the monthly mags I can do too while I'm at it.

Kinda really going off on a speedrun on this cuz of the holidays too tbh ^^;

Made an update on my blog for the last time this year.

I took off Karashrer (Karsheel OWO) and the Gahkthun Novel Anthology off the blog + one of the World Guide stories to do some text clean up as I have said earlier.

A big bummer to do that, even I think so. But it had to be done plus I wanted to see how much "better" and "cleaner" I can make it compared to how I am now with all of my stuff I still got on there.

Just to lay this out in case anyone here goes on the blog and ask where the links are at ^^;

But they'll be back on there for next year when I have time to go through them. Guaranteed.

WEll, well, well. It's that time of that.

The day of the Lost Christmas. The GREAT DISAPPEARANCE.

Happy holidays, folks. Or good day at the least.

Here's a funny thought and finding I rediscovered with the whole WAB and Demonbane thing being shared or connected or whatever (All credits go to @Mugen_no_Setsuna from their Demonbane blog that you can read over on [here].)

何が――
何が、悪か。
何が、許されざるものであるのか。
それは、
ここの涯てに在るものが決める。
それは、
ここの高みに坐すものが決める。
それは、
グリュ=ヴォの黒い救世主が決める。
妙なる声明を響かせて。
妙なる雅楽を響かせて。
裁定する。粛清する。
見つめ、呪い、そして、憎むのか。
断つべき魔を決める。
絶つべき邪を決める。
それは、
いと高きところに在るものが。
その一柱の名を呼ぶものは宇宙(ここ)にはいない。いるとすれば、無限螺旋の彼方に、ただひとり、唯一の君だけ。
けれど、彼女はもういない。
喪われた宇宙(セカイ)にさえ。
解けて消えた無限螺旋(ウロボロス)。
砕けて消えた袋小路(デッドエンド)。
もう何処にも彼女はいない。だから、ただ独りの彼は、涙するのだ。
この、極彩色の彼方で。
燃え尽きたグリュ=ヴォの涯てで。
憎むのか――
――それは、憎悪の空か。
――それは、蓮座か。
――それは、いと尊きものの坐す処。
――それは、グリュ=ヴォの遙かな彼方。
――無限螺旋の残骸か。
――それとも。蓮座であるだけか。
――グリュ=ヴォであるのかさえ。
遙か高みの蓮座にて。
今も、剣執るものは戮す。
今も、剣執るものは咆吼る。
燃え続ける日輪そのものの双眸から、絶えず、血の涙流して。
荒ぶるものは怒るのだ。 光くものは憎むのだ。
すべて すべて、
風の前の塵に過ぎぬと涙して。
すべて、邪悪なるものたちのすべて、
すべて、汚穢なるものたちのすべて、
その喪われた掌の上に睨みながら。
無垢なる無限の剣を従えて。
無窮なる永遠の剣を携えて。
怒るのだ。憎むのだ。
昇滅した三千大千世界のすべてを。
遠く、この高みより睨みつけて――

『輪廻転生
万物流転』
『胎児。生け贄。盲いた蛆虫よ』
『魂無きものたちよ』
『いざ、時は、来たれり』
『断罪の時だ』
『我等の涙を知るが善い』
『我等の魂を知るが善い』
『三千世界の怒り総てが』
『我等の執るべき剣なのだから』
『魂無きものたちよ 』
『我が救済たる浄化を拒むものたち』
『まつろわぬ、我が、怨敵たち』
『永久の憩いの安らぎなど』
『果て知れぬ永劫など』
『すべて、すべて』
『あらゆるものは意味を持たない』
『愛別離苦
怨憎会苦
求不得苦
五蘊盛苦』
『たとえ――何の意味も、ない――としても』
『宇宙鏖殺』

Tell me---
Just what is Evil?
Just what is that which cannot be forgiven?
Is this something that absolutely cannot be forgiven.
This is something that can only be decided by those at the very outer limits of this place.
It is for those who sits on the very upper of this domain to decide.
It is for the Black Savior of Glyu-Vho to determine.
Let's proclaim a grand declaration.
Let's resound with a graceful and melodious tune.
To judge. To cleanse.
To gaze, curse and to hate.
To decide upon the Evil to be severed.
To decide upon the Evil to be eliminated.
This is for those who dwell in the highest still.
Those who invoke the name of that pillar do not exist in this Universe (here). If there is anyone who does, then there is only one, it is only you who transcends the Infinite Spiral.
But she is no longer here.
Not even in the lost Universe (World) itself.
The Infinite Spiral (Ouroboros) has unraveled and vanished.
Even the Dead End has crumbled and disappeared.
She is nowhere to be found. He is left alone, to shed tears.
In this richly-colored horizon.
In the very end of Glyu-Vho which has been reduced to ashes.
To despise----
----Perhaps it is Sky of Hatred.
----Perhaps it is the Lotus Throne.
----That is the place where the most exalted ones sits.
----Perhaps the which that far beyond Glyu-Vho.
----Perhaps the remnant of the Infinite Spiral.
----Or maybe. Perhaps only the Lotus Throne itself.
----Or just perhaps the Glyu-Vho.
In the far upper Lotus Throne.
Even now, those who wield the swords will fight.
Even now, those who wield the swords will howl.
From the eyes of the sun that continues to burn itself, constantly shedding tears of blood.
The feral ones will become furious. The virtuous ones will become disdain.
Everything and all, even the tears are nothing but a flash in the pan.
All and every single one of those that are wicked,
All and every single one of those that are defiled,
As they staring at these palms that have lost.
To abide the infinite yet innocent blade.
To wield the endless yet perpeptual blade.
The rage. The hatred.
The entirety of Trichiliocosm that has risen and fallen.
To scowl at them from this top, in the distant----

[The cycle of reincarnation. All things are flowing]
[The fetus. The sacrifice. The blind maggot]
[O' those who don't have a soul]
[Now, the time has come]
[It's the time for conviction]
[Prepare to know our tears]
[Prepare to know our souls]
[All the hatred of Trichiliocosm]
[For that is the sword that we have to draw forth]
[O' those who don't have a soul]
[Those who reject my purification and salvation]
[Our traitorous arch-enemies]
[Such as the peace of eternal rest]
[Such as the never-ending eternity]
[Everything, all]
[All things doesn't have any meaning]
[The suffering of being apart from loved ones. The suffering of being together with despised ones. The suffering of unsatisfied wanting. The suffering from the flourishing of Five Skandhas]
[Even if----there is no meaning----at all]
[Cosmic Slaughter]

Compare this from the latest Demonbane novel to Jin's chapter of the Novel Anthology he wrote (for reference, the latest Demonbane novel was released in 2022? Or 23? I don't keep up with the series mind you but it being that recent has to be in that range. The novel anthology for Steampunk was released back 2013)

何が──
何が、罪か。何が、許されざるものであるのか。
それは、ここの果てに即身菩提(そくしんぼだい)せしものが決める。
それは、ここの高みに結加趺坐(けっかふざ)せしものが決める。
それは、地下魔界(クン・ヤン)の黒い仏が決める。
妙なる声明(しょうみょう)を響かせて。妙なる雅楽を響かせて。
裁定する。成敗する。見つめ、裁き、そして、怒(いか)るのか。
調伏すべきものを決める。覆滅すべきものを決める。
それは、いと高きところに在るものが。
この、極彩色の彼方で。祟られた瑜伽卒塔波(ヨーガ・ストゥーパ)の果てで。
怒るのか──

──それは、虚空か。
──それは、蓮華座か。
──それは、いと尊きものの坐す処。
──それは、地下魔界(クン・ヤン)の遙かな彼方。
──極彩色の塔の最果てか。
──それとも。蓮華座であるだけか。
──地下魔界(クン・ヤン)であるのかさえ。
遙か高の蓮華座にて。
かつて、入滅せしものは祈る。
かつて、入滅せしものは唱(うた)う。
燃え続ける日輪そのものの双眸から、絶えず、血の涙、流して。
荒ぶるものは怒るのだ。まつろわぬものは憎むのだ。
すべて、すべて、風の前の塵に過ぎぬと涙して。

『輪廻転生(いのちはめぐる)
万物流転(すべてはうつろう)』
『胎児。生け贄。狩られた狐たちよ』『命無きものたちよ』
『いざ、時は、来たれり』『復讐の狼煙だ』
『汝の涙を見せておくれ』『汝の魂を見せておくれ』
『三千世界の怒りすべてが』『我等の執るべき剣なのだから』
『命無きものたちよ』『我が救済たる浄化を遂げるものたち』
『比類無き、我輩の同胞(はらから)たち』
『愛別離苦(あいは うしなわれる)』
『怨憎会苦(にくしみに とらわれる)』
『求不得苦(のばした とどかない)』
『五蘊盛苦(あるのは ただ くるしみばかり)』
『たとえ──』『何の意味も、ない──としても』
『天魔覆滅(あくをゆるしてはいけない)』

Tell me--
What is sin? What is that which cannot be forgiven?
That is something decided by those at the very end of Sokushinboudai.
That is something decided by one who is at the highest of Kekkaifuza.
That is for the Black Buddha of the Underground World (K'un Lun) to decide.
Let's make a grand declaration. Let's resound with a graceful and melodious tone.
To judge. To punish. To gaze, judge, and enraged.
To decide upon that which should be exorcised.
To decide upon that which should be destroyed.
This is for those who dwell in the highest still.
In this richly colored horizon. At the very end of the Yuga Stupa that curses.
To enrage--
--Perhaps it is the Void.
--Perhaps it is the Lotus Throne.
--Perhaps it is the place where the most exalted sits.
--Perhaps it is which is beyond K'un Lun.
--Is it the richly-colored horizon?
--Or is it even the Lotus Throne?
--Or just perhaps K'un Lun?
In the far above Lotus Throne.
Those who die will pray.
Those who die will sing.
From the eyes of the sun that continues to burn itself, constantly shedding tears of blood.
The feral ones will become furious. Those with no end will be disdained.
Everything, all of it, even the tears are nothing but a flash of a pan.

[The Cycle of Reincarnation. All things flow.]
[The Fetus. The Sacrifice. The hunted fox.] [O' those who don't have a life.]
[Now, the time has come.] [The smoking wolf's revenge.]
[Thou will show their tears.] [Thou will show their soul.]
[All of the rage of Trichiliocosm.] [For that is the sword that we have to draw forth.]
[O' those who don't have a life.] [Those who carried out my purification and salvation.]
[Our unparalleled compatriots.]
[The suffering of being apart from loved ones.]
[The suffering of being together with despised ones.]
[The suffering of unsatisfied wanting.]
[The suffering from the flourishing of Five Skandhas.]
[Even if--] [There is no meaning----at all]
[The Tenma Shall Fall]

It's obviously not 1:1 (both in referring to my (admittedly still rough) TL and that of Mugen's, and the text that Jin wrote for Gahkthun vs his own Demonbane novel series) and while the implied theme also differs, it seems clear to me that Jin had used this for Steampunk as a way of inserting something from his series in Sakurai's own style of writing and setting in Steampunk/WAB series.

Probably an even better form of relationship the two have with their series as there's a magazine booklet or something with Sakurai and Jin having an interview where the two actually had known each other since Sharnoth's release and also are said to be friends too in their private life. They also, as far as I looked into the interview, even were aware they were sorta influenced by each other's style of writing and setting...or just really inspired if anything else.

If not, I just think it's funny how Jin wrote this in a novel anthology for Steampunk and would later use that same writing to his own series and then some xD.

With the two writers having rubbed off on each other according to the interview I skimmed over (was part of a 2013 magazine release too), Jin Haganeya being among the collab writers for the Novel Anthology, and even apparently writing the Steampunk Series as being connected to something that sounds kinda vaguely similar to K'un Lun in his latest DMB series...yeah, a collab is very likely to just happen at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Sakurai would come back on board with Steampunk to do it.

The question is IF it truly happens, and WHEN if it does owo

On chapter 7 of Sharnoth now, and at this point, similar to my previous read through, it definitely has my attention, would say the first read through, the mini games made it almost unbearable to keep going continuously, with no minigame, my attention is kept long enough to get to the interesting parts. That's just my opinion though, idk how it felt to others.

Btw can i just say Churchhill is pretty scummy? You can kinda sympathize with the other metacritter hosts somewhat, but with him, you really can't.

Speaking of metacritters, have to find some way to calc destroying multiple buildings at once. Metacritters are also made from an equation, but whether it's the equation/cracking, isn't really clear so far.

Also it's abundantly clear they got reactive evolution, fairy type metacritters, don't really have any special abilities, and just scale to some wall level feats, but when faced with death, actually scratch that, they do die, they just don't stay dead, they evolve into luminary types which get new abilities like fire or wind, and obviously, the power to destroy a number of buildings. And it doesn't stop there, when Moran harms them it's noted if she does it anymore they will undergo, paradigm? So clearly they would evolve even more, except M erases them from existence.

Last edited:
@Celestial_Pegasus

Yeah, Churchill is like the least sympathetic compared to the goals of the other Meta-Critter hosts. The others, you sorta understand with why they do it even if they knew it would kill them. Churchill...man's really was gunning for his goal when there was a potential life he could have had with Viola. Shame. Truly a shame~

I remember something about an "equation detector" or something that Moran used or whatever too. That's probably the closest we got to seeing if the Meta=Critter's were created by the Cracking Effect or not. Only other connection that might fit it is the Meta=Critter Tesla and Neon encountered in Dragon of Deception, but that one I kinda feel is like an outlier compared to most (not the first time Sakurai's done this like with A's Howler in Darkness being a Critter, or "Black King" being a named Shintai according to the Ulthar Thoughts concept booklets...).

IDK. It's hard to say when we got no outright/heavily implied statement from the VN.

We can safely say that the Critters/Kikai/Monsters of Inganock, A's Critters and Messengers of Sona Nyl, and the Critters summoned by Nightengale and Konrad using the former's Art Other are Cracking Effect made. That, we know for certain.

Though I wonder if we should also make a "Cracking Being Physiology" page at some point? Or is that somewhat vague since we don't have enough yet? These ones pop up a lot at least for the VN's we got now afaik, additional stories aside.

Cracking Being Physiology sounds unnecessary, like with Critter/Kikai Physiology, Meta Critter physiology, and Messenger physiology, the most common stuff will be covered.

Though of course there are going to be cases that don't fall under those ie Golden King who is stated to be a Cracking being, but really a whole Physiology page for a few people sounds unnecessary, and it won't give much abilities that can't be listed on the pages themselves ie Intangiblity/Non-Corporeality.

Cracking Being Physiology sounds unnecessary, like with Critter/Kikai Physiology, Meta Critter physiology, and Messenger physiology, the most common stuff will be covered.

Though of course there are going to be cases that don't fall under those ie Golden King who is stated to be a Cracking being, but really a whole Physiology page for a few people sounds unnecessary, and it won't give much abilities that can't be listed on the pages themselves ie Intangiblity/Non-Corporeality.
Makes sense.

I don't think there's anything much told about what a Cracking being is besides the baseline of "one that is created by mathematical equation" or something along those lines. Which ofc isn't guaranteed to be the same across all others.

That reminds me.

With all that talk we had about Cracking a while back, I do think a Cracking Effect page would be nice at some point. I'd probably let @Mycroft_er considering they're the only ones who seem to bring up the information stuff and everything from what I recall on here.

Guess I'll have to start those clean up translations of the Novel Anthology of Gahkthun soon too, maybe see if there's any minor stuff I haven't looked at for a while. Maybe get the Gahkthun Monthly stories down too while I'm at it.

Plus, Karashrer needing to come back too.

That said, what degree of physics and math manip are Arts at again? Considering the VN and even Novel Anthology says they still allow you ignore physics to achieve stuff though those seem limited like how you need to have a "Bell" present to use them according to one of the World Guide stories.

Don't really remember much about Arts besides them needing bell's to perform the calculations for them, will see when i get to Gahkthun, which judging by my pacing, i assume i will be ready to work on the Sharnoth CRT, this weekend, then start Gahkthun.

Don't really remember much about Arts besides them needing bell's to perform the calculations for them, will see when i get to Gahkthun, which judging by my pacing, i assume i will be ready to work on the Sharnoth CRT, this weekend, then start Gahkthun.
That sounds about right with what I'm thinking is correct.

Technically since all of their Art (plus the peeps from Novel Anthology and whatever) have their Art done by Rosenkreuz granting it to them, it's technically all done by him doing most of the work.

Fair enough, I'll let you do that while I get the clean up ready this week and into next if I set my pacing right.

With all that talk we had about Cracking a while back, I do think a Cracking Effect page would be nice at some point. I'd probably let @Mycroft_er considering they're the only ones who seem to bring up the information stuff and everything from what I recall on here.
I have the idea of Cracking Equation manipulating Info/Data/Number/Equation/Code, so it will cause everything created from Cracking to be governed by Info (Cracking seems to have manipulated Concept in Sona-Nyl, so Info govern Concept). This will also give Golden King AE 1 (Info Type 2) cuz he is a Bell Type Equation Entity.

On chapter 4 of Sona-Nyl now, I hope I can finish it soon, then start Web Novel and Steampunk Engine Dictionary.

And I'm also thinking about Cracking Scaling Chain, so...

Critters (Resist Cracking effect) < Zahhak (1 layer) < Oro (2 layers) < Pre-Evo Porshion / Xerxes (3 layers) < Petrovna / Lemure (4 layers) < Post-Evo Porshion / Thoth (5 layers) < Post-Evo Porshion (After RE - 6 layers) < Grimm=Grimm (7 layers)

Give me your opinion, guys.

Critters (Resist Cracking effect) < Zahhak (1 layer) < Oro (2 layers) < Pre-Evo Porshion / Xerxes (3 layers) < Petrovna / Lemure (4 layers) < Post-Evo Porshion / Thoth (5 layers) < Post-Evo Porshion (After RE - 6 layers) < Grimm=Grimm (7 layers)

Explanation
Critters & Kikai's abilities are similar to Cracking Equation (i.e Mathematics Manipulation, Physics Manipulation,etc). So when they resist and bypass each other, those will be layers for Cracking.

Edit: Well, it seems my memory has betrayed me, some details may be wrong here.

Last edited:
At least there's something for it.

The ground works for it has been laid as far as has been told here:
  • Phenomenon Equation/Cracking can warp the world and even remake it or the like (Tryhhia website, Inganock review?), yet Critters are stated to be immune to everything that can influence them physically including said Cracking (That + Golden G'harne story).
  • Kikai are beings of steel that possess firepower greater than Cracking, and are stated to be the only thing in Inganock to crush Critters (Ditto above + main VN itself).
  • Critters, Kikai, and pretty much Grimm-Grimm by extension have abilities on par with/are like Cracking...which is a no brainer because they ARE made from it too.

We know Critter's and by extension, Kikai resist Cracking in general. So that's a baseline resistance. Their abilities are similar to Cracking, so if you can resist their abilities, you could resist Cracking.

When it comes to Zahhak, and Johan it's made pretty clear that their abilities work on Critter's. So that's 1 layer of hax.

After that is where it gets iffy for me, being stronger doesn't equal, more layers, in fact we have a whole thread about that. When we say Oro/Johan, or Zahhak are immune to numerous phenomena ie time or Critter abilities, if we can find instances where other people's abilities work despite resistances ie mind manipulation, fear manipulation etc., that's when we can add a layer.

So lets see; Critters have resistances to Cracking (info manipulation + concept manipulation etc etc), generic/fodder kikai have 1 layer of hax, and outright immunity to Cracking.

Lets use Stone Golem as an example, Gii one shot it despite it's resistance to Cracking, Gii used his heat, now is this cause Gii's stuff is more layered, or more powerful? The resistance Critter's would have would be to the generic stuff like math, info, physics etc, but i don't think that covers all possible applications of Cracking, like Gii using it to create fire, though again generic Cracking is said to not work on Critter's and it's directly stated that Cracking creates fire...

Maybe scratch that argument, what i was trying to get at is idk if we can equate any use of any ability caused by Cracking, to all applications of it. Take these points here:

• "Pre-Evo Porshion bypass Oro's resistance and resist its abilities (Should be scaled for Xerxes)."- Porshion used it's matter hax to destroy Oro, who resists/is immune to generic Cracking, Oro doesn't have resistance to matter manipulation, just generic Cracking
  • "Kerkan cannot kill Petrovna and Porshion needs to evolve to destroy her, so Petrovna was able to overcome resistance of Pre-Evo Porshion / Xerxes (Should be scaled for Lemure)"-Petrovna/Blood Tree can argued to be either very durable and or having resistance to Kerkan's death hax.
  • "Post-Evo Porshion can destroy Lemure, bypassing Laundatores's resistance, while resist its abilities."-Laundatores would have resistance to generic Cracking, and time, as time doesn't exist for Kikai, so this is indeed layered, but nothing more than 1 i think.
Think i have rambled on enough, main points being that layers, and durability/ap, and even stronger hax, can be conflated here. Kikai are as strong physically, due to Cracking, their abilities are due to Cracking, but we should carefully look at all the instances, and not give layers to things people haven't resisted, because they resist generic Cracking.

Last edited:
Back to the Stone Golem example, we know it's ability is fire, we see it's feats, which are greater than normal Critter's, if Golem fought Wendigo, it would get vaporized, Golem's ability is Cracking, Wendigo, resists Cracking, but obviously Golem is far stronger. Does that mean Golem has stronger Cracking, well Gokem is obviously stronger, more layered though? That's iffy.

Post Evolution Porshion resist Thoth's existence erasure hax, but there are no feats of existence erasure before that, Pre-Evolution Porshion didn't resist existence erasure, so can't really say Porshion's resistance to existence erasure is layered.

Though i can argue Kerkan's erasure hax is, seeing as Porshion resisted it initially, but next time couldn't, but that's not really the point, which is that in order to qualify for layers as the wiki defines them, you need a pre-existing feat of resistance, and then another character overcoming that, and that has to be for every single layer.

Last edited:
Just finished Sharnoth, will get to working on that CRT tomorrow probably, i am tired.

Have to say the golden eyes are all kinds of broken, it granting super intelligence was already a thing, but seeing it give mary knowledge on various things really put it into perspective, like Sharnoth, and M's nature, you know like Sharnoth being infinite...

Think the craziest thing for me was her being trapped in her own personal Sharnoth, the eye revealing it's false, and her perceiving M from beyond that world, which is itself infinite, into the "real" Sharnoth, which has M, which is again infinite.

Off the top of me head, golden eye will get cosmic awareness, info analysis, clairvoyance etc.

For today will try and see if i can calc the meta critter building feats.

Probably best tmr to do that. It is new years eve, after all.

Speaking of, WEW!!! Happy y'all to the new years, yeah!!

Here's to something new this year, hopefully some more Sakurai content...or another VN translation project owo.

That said:
Just finished Sharnoth, will get to working on that CRT tomorrow probably, i am tired.

Have to say the golden eyes are all kinds of broken, it granting super intelligence was already a thing, but seeing it give mary knowledge on various things really put it into perspective, like Sharnoth, and M's nature, you know like Sharnoth being infinite...

Think the craziest thing for me was her being trapped in her own personal Sharnoth, the eye revealing it's false, and her perceiving M from beyond that world, which is itself infinite, into the "real" Sharnoth, which has M, which is again infinite.

Off the top of me head, golden eye will get cosmic awareness, info analysis, clairvoyance etc.

For today will try and see if i can calc the meta critter building feats.
They are the eyes that "see and accept all things", pretty much. The fact the Golden Eyes are but mere pieces of AZTT/Azathoth speaks a lot of what the God themselves might have been like.

And ah, didn't think it's that bonkers last time I saw Sharnoth lol. Tbf, that's still a pretty big feat for them Golden Eyes. That and the thing about G.E wielders able to hook themselves up to a Mega Engine Ordinator (Computer) and be able to solve some equations among other things said about them in several mats (Valusia blog site on WAB series glossary, Engine Dictionary glossary, and I'm VERY certain you can even find this too on Shiei no Sona Nyl VN glossary) so it's not that surprising the Golden Eyes can grant such a thing.

My attempt at calcing the feats.

Might run into the whole heat isn't equal to normal ap/stats again, when it comes to Kelpie, and Salamander, though idk.

There seems to be levels to the eyes, Mary seems to have gradually gotten better with it over the story, then it just goes crazy when Sharnoth descends, i mean Ati i believe had a golden eye, but her feats are nowhere near Mary's so that's mainly why i ignored it for her.

Mary's golden eye seems to be able to grant an unconventional form of resistance to certain hax too, where her body/senses can be deceived, but her golden eye can't be, so you could trapped her in an illusion, and it would work on her, while also not working, her left eye, and body would be deceived, but the golden eye will see through it, and even if you erase her memories, they golden eye, will give her them back, as i said it's crazy.

Also despite knowing nothing of fighting nor swords, the golden eye, will tell her exactly what she needs to do to defeat her opponent...

Last edited:
Building+ to Town level, noice~

And yup, the fragments of Azathoth are broke AF.

Speaking on Metacritters, yeah there is definitely in need of differentiating them given this from Tyrhhia's(?) playback section.

怪異(メタクリッター)とは、

機関都市ロンドンに現れた恐怖の象徴ともいうべき幻想の怪物です。

機械の体を有する「妖精型」と四大元素に属する「眷属型」の二種に分類され、人間では到底太刀打ちできない程の超自然的な能力を有しています。

きわめて獰猛で残忍な性質を持った、危険な存在です。

What is a Metacritter (Kaii/Phantom)?

They are fantasy monsters whom can be called as symbols of fear that manifested in the Engine City of London.

They come into two types: "Fairy Types" which possess machine bodies, and "Familiar Types" which belong to the four elements, and possess supernatural abilities humans cannot compete against.

They are dangerous creatures whom possess an extremely terrifying and fierce nature.

-Source, Tyrhhia website, Sharnoth playback

Eh, nothing much from this but it's clear that the two types are different. Especially for the Familiar that has reactive evol properties due to undergoing some Paradigm stuff that would have made even Moran's green-emerald tip bullets do jack had M not chomp them up.

There's also something I'd say about paradigm being some special sort of reactive evolution ability. That's a concept seen in Valusia but since that game isn't properly translated (not even in a fan patch), not gonna say anything about it much. But for others, like Karashrer, we know it does something like it with Thanatos who had quite the change from any of the Cyber Zombies.

That one I have to retranslate and clean up the text, but yeah.

CRT taking longer than i thought, have a surprising amount of stuff to add.

Just have the general stuff to go through now, will finish it later, for now going to bed.

Already see a way to get the size of the Academia, that GK calc may have to be updated later, or maybe it' just fine? Who knows, by my estimates the Academia is probably 13km.

IDK why, but my motivation for my earliest TL works have gone down considerably...or maybe it's the stories related to it that I don't feel as motivated with it lol.

Anywho, currently working on Gahkthun Novel Anthology revamp rn. Don't know when I'll bring it back up since I got a lot of stuff I plan to do this month IRL and other projects I'm doing too TL wise, but I'm hoping for the end of this month or early next month in February. Maybe also I'll do the Monthly Magazine stories for Gahkthun too after it's all finished and done, then get back to Sona Nyl for those monthly magazines.

After that it's either go back further for Inganock to do the other Monthly magazine story I had in mind for it or go for Karashrer.

Eh, IDK. And that's just for Steampunk Series alone here xD

Back