• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wait but I thought the HP thing was game mechanics??

Phoenks said:
Is Steve's Regenerationn a big factor here?
In Steve's case, throwing a Splash Potion at his feet takes around one second for all of the mist to go away and since speed is equalised for Steve's advantage, Midoriya is normal human speed level and they both start at 50 metres apart from each other. A normal human can't run 50 metres in one second, so Steve should be safe from Midoriya also getting it.

I meant his normal regen without potion effects. The wiki states it as "Mid", which at first glance would be way too much for Deku to handle but in Steve's case his Regenerationn really isn't that fast.

Redite250 said:
Madotsuki24 said:
Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Steve's leather armor is not Multi City Block, thats game mechanics so it doesnt apply
So by that logic, Steve is featless and cannot have a tier of power because everything he does is mechanics of a game and there's no cutscenes in Minecraft to show that it isn't mechanics...
That's not what game mechanics is, Steve surviving hits from a golem is game mechanics because of HP and defense, but there are actual feats we can use that are not game mechanics
I don't get it, what counts as game mechanics and what doesn't? Surely that Enderman's reasoning for being 8-C is game mechanics as well...

Phoenks said:
I meant his normal regen without potion effects. The wiki states it as "Mid", which at first glance would be way too much for Deku to handle but in Steve's case his Regenerationn really isn't that fast.
Wasn't the logic for that because he can heal from getting shot in the head

I mean, Steve's defense items are all over the place. He can get oneshot by an Iron Golem without armour but with full Leather Armour, he can now tank multiple hits from them and his Shield makes him not take much damage at all.

This seems super inconsistent, So Steve can heal from getting shot in the head but can't heal from Deku punching him?

He can from anything as long as he's not too hungry (to the point where not even a whole Cake slice will completely fill him up).

Phoenks said:
This seems super inconsistent, So Steve can heal from getting shot in the head but can't heal from Deku punching him?
Deku hits harder than a creeper the arrow shots also seem to be game logic since a shot in the eye or arm or knee doesn't hinder you just does a set amount of damage

Uh Steve's whole profile seems like it's based on game mechanics yet game mechanics aren't counted as feats. This is weird.

Phoenks said:
Uh Steve's whole profile seems like it's based on game mechanics yet game mechanics aren't counted as feats. This is weird.
I know virtually everything is game mechanics but somehow there's scaling mainly due to the Ender dragon who's AP can be attributed to game mechanics

Insert creative name here 12 said:
Phoenks said:
Deku hits harder than a creeper the arrow shots also seem to be game logic since a shot in the eye or arm or knee doesn't hinder you just does a set amount of damage
Yeah, but Steve can tank multiple hits from an Iron Golem with full Leather Armour without a Shield. Imagine if he also has a Shield and eats a Gapple to get two golden hearts which will make Steve unable to take damage unless the two golden hearts are destroyed.

Is Steve's 3m range also counted game mechanics cause this might also effect the match if Deku can't hit him.

Yeah, but Steve can tank multiple hits from an Iron Golem with full Leather Armour without a Shield. Imagine if he also has a Shield and eats a Gapple to get two golden hearts which will make Steve unable to take damage unless the two golden hearts are destroyed.

That's still game mechanics I can just argue with this same logic that the golem is 9A

Madotsuki24 said:
I don't get it, what counts as game mechanics and what doesn't? Surely that Enderman's reasoning for being 8-C is game mechanics as well...
That profile shouldn't be like that, it was edited by an user who tried scaling every mob based on health points, the previous reasoning was "is stronger than a zombie"

Lemme put Steve's regen simply.

It's technically combat applicable and he can regenerate from head damage but it's still super slow and easily overwhelmable. A constant onslaught is enough to put it down.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Lemme put Steve's regen simply.

It's technically combat applicable and he can regenerate from head damage but it's still super slow and easily overwhelmable. A constant onslaught is enough to put it down.
Ty, So he will die if overwhelmed. However I still don't even know if Midoriya could overwhelm him if Steve can hit from 9 feet away.

Ty, So he will die if overwhelmed. However I still don't even know if Midoriya could overwhelm him if Steve can hit from 9 feet away.

If Deku gets close it's gg and Steve's potions can be avoided, his arrows will be an issue but those can be turned against him and Deku can damage the battle field to throw off Steve's shots

Phoenks said:
Oh, sorry for not replying to that comment you made! >.<

When the hunger bar is at 20 ([1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]) and there is still some saturation left, health regenerates at up to 1[11] health point each 1Ôüä2-second. It takes 20 irl minutes for a full 24 hour day to pass in Minecraft, so we need to find out the calculation of how long it takes for Steve to regenerate health in his time.

Another question, How would Weakness work in this match? And can a significant enough lingering potion just instantly kill Deku?

Phoenks said:
Another question, How would Weakness work in this match? And can a significant enough lingering potion just instantly kill Deku?
I don't know the specifics of weakness or lingering however if Deku gets caught in a decay cloud long enough he could die

If Deku gets close it's gg and Steve's potions can be avoided, his arrows will be an issue but those can be turned against him and Deku can damage the battle field to throw off Steve's shots
I don't get how Midoriya could avoid the potions if Steve can defeat Enderman midgame who are Superhuman speed and Steve could land a Splash Potion on them, so it's proven that Steve can defeat enemies faster than him. Speed is equalised in Steve's favour, so Midoriya is normal human speed, plus, Steve will have enough time to amp himself with a Speed potion to make himself faster than Midoriya, so he will land the deadly blow on him.

Oh, sorry for not replying to that comment you made! >.<

When the hunger bar is at 20 ([1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]) and there is still some saturation left, health regenerates at up to 1[11] health point each 1Ôüä2-second. It takes 20 irl minutes for a full 24 hour day to pass in Minecraft, so we need to find out the calculation of how long it takes for Steve to regenerate health in his time.

Steve's Regenerationn is accepted to be Mid but He will die if bombarded with attacks, his Regen takes time. Also I think the 20 minute day thing and whatnot would be counted as game mechanics aswell

Ty, So he will die if overwhelmed. However I still don't even know if Midoriya could overwhelm him if Steve can hit from 9 feet away. If Deku gets close it's gg and Steve's potions can be avoided, his arrows will be an issue but those can be turned against him and Deku can damage the battle field to throw off Steve's shots
I don't get how Midoriya could avoid the potions if Steve can defeat Enderman midgame who are Superhuman speed and Steve could land a Splash Potion on them, so it's proven that Steve can defeat enemies faster than him. Speed is equalised in Steve's favour, so Midoriya is normal human speed, plus, Steve will have enough time to amp himself with a Speed potion to make himself faster than Midoriya, so he will land the deadly blow on him.

Speed amps his travel speed only, Endermen are very predictable opponents who are barely sentient and have one basic strategy tp behind the opponent and hit them

There are alot of potions I see could be pretty powerful in this, Like blindness, poison, harming, resistance, etc. Deku does still have his fighting experience and AP advantage though.

Phoenks said:
There are alot of potions I see could be pretty powerful in this, Like blindness, poison, harming, resistance, etc. Deku does still have his fighting experience and AP advantage though.
Steve's armor is .77 tons so resistance is buffing Steve and not the armor so it won't help him much. How much damage will harming do?

If Deku gets close it's gg and Steve's potions can be avoided, his arrows will be an issue but those can be turned against him and Deku can damage the battle field to throw off Steve's shotsI don't get how Midoriya could avoid the potions if Steve can defeat Enderman midgame who are Superhuman speed and Steve could land a Splash Potion on them, so it's proven that Steve can defeat enemies faster than him. Speed is equalised in Steve's favour, so Midoriya is normal human speed, plus, Steve will have enough time to amp himself with a Speed potion to make himself faster than Midoriya, so he will land the deadly blow on him. Speed amps his travel speed only, Endermen are very predictable opponents who are barely sentient and have one basic strategy tp behind the opponent and hit them
Which scales to his combat speed. No one can run faster than they can punch. Travel speed scales to combat speed, but combat speed doesn't scale to travel speed. Find me a single person who can run faster than they can punch. It's not logical. And punching that fast would scale to throwing a potion that fast.

Splash of harming depends on how close it is. I think I remember a direct pot of harming nearly killing Steve or doing atleast half of his hp. Also it bypasses Durability.

Ty, So he will die if overwhelmed. However I still don't even know if Midoriya could overwhelm him if Steve can hit from 9 feet away.If Deku gets close it's gg and Steve's potions can be avoided, his arrows will be an issue but those can be turned against him and Deku can damage the battle field to throw off Steve's shotsI don't get how Midoriya could avoid the potions if Steve can defeat Enderman midgame who are Superhuman speed and Steve could land a Splash Potion on them, so it's proven that Steve can defeat enemies faster than him. Speed is equalised in Steve's favour, so Midoriya is normal human speed, plus, Steve will have enough time to amp himself with a Speed potion to make himself faster than Midoriya, so he will land the deadly blow on him. Speed amps his travel speed only, Endermen are very predictable opponents who are barely sentient and have one basic strategy tp behind the opponent and hit them
Which scales to his combat speed. No one can run faster than they can punch. Travel speed scales to combat speed, but combat speed doesn't scale to travel speed. Find me a single person who can run faster than they can punch. It's not logical. And punching that fast would scale to throwing a potion that fast.

Again the potion only buffs his running speed it doesn't make him punch faster also Captain Marvel can fly at FTL speeds but still got tagged by MHS Thanos

Phoenks said:
Splash of harming depends on how close it is. I think I remember a direct pot of harming nearly killing Steve or doing atleast half of his hp. Also it bypasses Durability.
So it can't onehsot Steve who is below Deku also that still doesn't tell us how much damage Deku would take

Phoenks said:
Yeah, how will Midoriya be able to beat Steve if Steve has a speed amp and throws a Blindness and Poison potion on him? Steve's final results are 8 potions so he should have even more potions to help him in battle like a Strength potion to amp his AP and strike Midoriya to death with a weapon.

Yeah, how will Midoriya be able to beat Steve if Steve has a speed amp and throws a Blindness and Poison potion on him? Steve's final results are 8 potions so he should have even more potions to help him in battle like a Strength potion to amp his AP and strike Midoriya to death with a weapon.

That's if he hits it and that's only in certain situations

If Deku gets close it's gg and Steve's potions can be avoided, his arrows will be an issue but those can be turned against him and Deku can damage the battle field to throw off Steve's shotsI don't get how Midoriya could avoid the potions if Steve can defeat Enderman midgame who are Superhuman speed and Steve could land a Splash Potion on them, so it's proven that Steve can defeat enemies faster than him. Speed is equalised in Steve's favour, so Midoriya is normal human speed, plus, Steve will have enough time to amp himself with a Speed potion to make himself faster than Midoriya, so he will land the deadly blow on him.Speed amps his travel speed only, Endermen are very predictable opponents who are barely sentient and have one basic strategy tp behind the opponent and hit themWhich scales to his combat speed. No one can run faster than they can punch. Travel speed scales to combat speed, but combat speed doesn't scale to travel speed. Find me a single person who can run faster than they can punch. It's not logical. And punching that fast would scale to throwing a potion that fast. Again the potion only buffs his running speed it doesn't make him punch faster also Captain Marvel can fly at FTL speeds but still got tagged by MHS Thanos
MHS? What does that stand for?

Back