• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geryu's durability is probably way lower than that if we're talking about his physical body. But in terms of psychic protection it should be relative to whatever tier is agreed for him to have, whether that's Mountain or Island level

Udlmaster said:
I will say, Melzagard should have "At least 7-B, likely higher", same with Groribas, as he should be above Melzagard.
Geryuganshoop should get Relativist+ Reaction speeds to, as he has to move the objects with his mind, his mind should be able to react to them otherwise he'd never hit or he'd lose control.

Melzagard should get "Varies" durability with his max being shown was when he was able to resist an attack from Bang.

Geryuganshoop specifically should get Psychic shield, and all ESP users should get Fire Manipulation (As stated by Genos), Psuedo-Wind Manipulation/Flat Out Wind Manipulation as they consistently show them messing with the air and weather (See Blizzard, Tatsumaki vs Evil Eye, Geryuganshoop's Tornado of Death and so on), same with Psuedo-Lightning Manip too, as Geryuganshoop generated Lightning when he's using his tornado, and IIRC Tatsumaki and Evil Eye Generated lightning when they fought.

ESP users who can attack using the Psychic Twister attack should be able to bypass Low-High Regen, as Tatsumaki was able to kill Evil Eye who appeared as a small droplet of Water and grew out from that, and then survived being compressed into a Square.

This would apply to Geryuganshoop, Tatsumaki and possibly Fubuki, though I am not sure.
Geryuganshoop should have Unknown base durability but 7-A+ durability with his shield.

why are we assuming that geryu's durability is super low? it got killed by saitama with ease, but saitama can kill anyone with ease.

there's literally nothing that suggests that it's a glass cannon.

and also why are you quoting walls of text for no reason

I'm not assuming anything...?

Unknown Is a lack of assumption, we don't know what his base durability is, his Shield made by his psychic ability would scale to his Psychic AP.

And the wall of text is me talking about his AP and Durability with his shield.

Since Geryu is a psychic, its easier to assume he's physically very weak while possessing extremely high AP, just like the rest of the psychics in the series. Tho I don't know how strong someone like Gyoro Gyoro is physically, Fubuki for instance was shown to be physically weaker than numerous C-Class heroes, whilst her psychic powers were shown to eclipse even the A-Class in terms of sheer potency.

There's obviously nothing that suggests he should have, say, human level durability for instance, but we have no referrence point for what it actually should be, so it should probably be kept at Unknown. Tho this is just referencing to his physical durability, his psychic barriers should be comparable to what his psychic AP is

We need proof of durability being on par with AP, not the other way around

If the AP is physical strength that can be assumed via newton's third law not breaking the character's hand with each punch. If the character is known to duke it out with comparable opponents often then it can also be easily assumed. Because of this Dura ends up being equal to AP for a good chunk of characters

But nonetheless proof is required for durability being that high, it can't just be taken as the default assumption

Geryu isn't a physical fighter. He's like Tornado in that he relies solely on psionic attacks. So his durability is unknown, however all psionics, besides him, have shown the ability to put a bubble around themselves for protection.

Yeah, basically:

Geryuganshoop can put force behind rocks that's around 10^18 joules of energy.

This force would logically be able to be applied around himself, so anything that comes within an area gets pushed back with the force of 10^18 joules of energy.

So, his Shield's dura should scale to his Psychic AP.

In Tornado's case we actually have a clear example of the psionic bubble. Same with Psykos and I think Blizzard. Geryu and Evil Eye however don't showcase the psionic barrier, mostly since they were offscreened or one shot.

But if the three main espers of the series showcases the power, it may be some universal ability like with Force Barriers. Which is where the 7-A durability rating with shields would come from.

Evil Eye was fighting in a vortex of energy, if he didn't have some sort of psychic barrier he'd be toast

Qawsedf234 said:
Same with Psykos and I think Blizzard. Geryu and Evil Eye however don't showcase the psionic barrier, mostly since they were offscreened or one shot.
Evil eye actually does demonstrate an ability to create Psychic shields:

https://i.imgur.com/YH9JPq7.jpg

Geryuganshoop is much harder but in the Anime, he has a near skin tight psychic shield, look around his tentacles, it's much easier to see there:

https://i.imgur.com/DpC46gx.jpg

Udlmaster said:
Geryuganshoop specifically should get Psychic shield, and all ESP users should get Fire Manipulation (As stated by Genos), [...] , same with Psuedo-Lightning Manip too, as Geryuganshoop generated Lightning when he's using his tornado, and IIRC Tatsumaki and Evil Eye Generated lightning when they fought.
I don't find the chapter in which Genos states all Esper can create fire.

For Geryu, the lightning stuff doesn't seem to exist in the manga.

For Evil Eye, It's not clear he uses lightning. https://********.org/chapter/425489/23 . Personally I'd say the "lightning" may simply some form of static electricity resulting from the collision between the buildings and the forcefield. In fiction, it's common to draw electricity when a forcefield collides with a solid object.

>I don't find the chapter in which Genos states all Esper can create fire.

https://i.imgur.com/D9urCww.jpg

>For Geryu, the lightning stuff doesn't seem to exist in the manga.

The Anime is secondary cannon, as long as it is either; not contradictory to the source material or stated by Murata or ONE to not be accurate, then it would be cannon.

In this case, it would be cannon as it takes place during Geryuganshoop's Black Hole Gravity, in the Manga, Geryuganshoop throws off only 1 set of attacks, so he never gets a chance to demonstrate his abilities.

>In fiction, it's common to draw electricity when a forcefield collides with a solid object.

it would likely be psuedo-lightning Manip if anything.

Udlmaster

Yeah, that's pretty definitive then. Although I don't know if its applicable to the Manga, at least its decent evidence that he does have a psychich shield

SuperAPM said:
Udlmaster
Yeah, that's pretty definitive then. Although I don't know if its applicable to the Manga, at least its decent evidence that he does have a psychich shield
Yeah, and considering he's one of the most skilled Psychic users in the verse, having the most refined version even above Tatsumaki in skill (as according to Murata-san) he should at least have a psychic shield.

Udlmaster said:
>I don't find the chapter in which Genos states all Esper can create fire.
https://i.imgur.com/D9urCww.jpg
Considering he only reads excerpt of the book (and that we don't get the context), I don't think we can interpret it as "List of ESP abilities that all Espers have". I don't see evidence this is what the book says. An alternative explanation is that the book make a "List of ESP that Espers may have".

Even if we assume this, these abilities are all ranked at the same level, bending metal and starting fires with the mind were ranked as "some abilities"

And are so popular that they appear in a book, it would be safe to assume that these High tier ESPers would have these abilities.

We see what a low-tier one looks like and they need machines to boost their power and have difficulties lifting rocks.

Yeah I'm against giving Geryu any power related to the black hole thing.

Yeah.

No, he didn't, he said he thinks it's too much for Geryuganshoop, but he wouldn't know without asking ONE, he never got back to us on that, I tweet at both of them (Unlikely to get their attention, I know, but worth a shot) asking: Òé▓Òâ¬ÒâÑÒé¼Òâ│ÒéÀÒâÑÒâùÒü»ÒâûÒâ®ÒââÒé»ÒâøÒâ╝Òâ½ÒéÆõ¢£µêÉÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒü¥ÒüÖÒüï´╝ƒ

Can Geryuganshoop create Black Holes?

And as one would expect, no reply.

After watching OPM English Dub.

Metal Bat makes me want to die.

Saitama is okay, I much prefer the Japanese actor.

Melzagard is actually really good, I liked him.

Geryuganshoop is much worse in the English, I actually like the Japanese version infinitely more.

Atomic Samurai is actually good.

Bang was okay.

Puri-Puri Prisoner was unremarkable.

Child Emperor sounds like a woman.

Vaccine Man was bad.

Mumen Rider was bad.

Tatsumaki doesn't fit at all, she would be so much better for what one would expect Fubuki to sound like, not Lil Tay.

Genos was bad.

Boros I liked.

Deep Sea King is not my Deep Sea King.

Tetsucabrah said:
Dub Genos was horrible.
I like the rest of the voices tbh.
I felt that Metal Bat was worse for me, because I liked Japanese Metal Bat, English made me want to die.

I love Japanese Deep Sea King and Puri-Puri Prisoner, so it makes me sad they're not as good, VA for PPP was okay for what he was given but was ultimately unremarkable, Deep Sea King just didn't have what the Japanese version does.

I liked Atomic Samurai and Boros.

I loved Melzagard's English dub, I liked it more than the Japanese version.

Tatsumaki felt like she was dubbed by Fubuki, it just didn't fit at all.

The others felt like they were Fan dubbed, like, the Cell Games Saitama is slightly better than this official one.

Udlmaster said:
And are so popular that they appear in a book, it would be safe to assume that these High tier ESPers would have these abilities.
Saying these abilities are popular is speculation. Just think for a second and try to apply this reasoning to real life.

Second, the reasoning that "the ability is popular => high tier Espers have it" doesn't follow any in-verse rules I know of concerning Espers in OPM.

Yeah, One Punch Man's Dub was pretty eh at best. I remember they gave Boros a lisp for some goddamn reason

>Saying these abilities are popular is speculation. Just think for a second and try to apply this reasoning to real life.

Let's:

So firstly ESP as a topic is so wide apread that people want it, then an author gets his hands on information revolving around psychic powers and how to get the basics.

He then spends money to get the book printed and sold by stores, ignoring the need for an editor.

Then this book and it's contents are so popular and likely accurate that it reaches Genos.

@Uldmaster

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. For real life equivalent, you have magazines about celebrities. Read one of them and tell me how many people you know. You'll get a few really popular ones but most of them are nobodies unless you spend your days watching TV.

Either way, Tatsumaki won't get new abilities just because they are popular.

That Pig God vs Gums fight looks almost one to one with the Webcomic version. At least so far. Lets just hope he doesn't end up facing the same fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back