• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
i remember back in 2016 people were saying goku was “faster than time” without realizing how that makes literally no sense and isnt a thing, but of course dbztards will say anything if it sounds cool and makes goku look “strong” to win a vs debate

Genos: "I need to tell this to the people qho need to hear it. It's my job as a disciple"
That sounds like a quote that came straight from the bible. Is Genos trying to start a new religion centered on Saitama or something?

I don't get Garou in this chapter. Why did he just let all of them hit him? I mean, it makes sense that he was weakened by Saitama's punch which drained all of his power, but I don't see why he was acting so high and mighty. He even goaded all of the heroes to just kill him, which I guess makes sense that he'd be defiant in the face of death, but he's not one who'd ever let himself even consider accepting defeat. Especially not when he's being outnumbered and bullied like this. It was nice that Tareo defended him here, but the way Garou's character arc progressed is just all over the place. He doesn't remember any of what happened in the alternate timeline, and neither does Saitama, so I don't see what's stopping him from just resuming his hero hunt once he regains his strength, or what's stopping him from receiving God's power again.

Overall, I still prefer the webcomic for character development and clean plot progression. I didn't like the convoluted mess that appeared during the second half of the Monster Association arc, and too many pieces were inserted at once. In the webcomic, the way Garou's character progressed to become absolute evil, and the way in which Saitama proved the ultimate hurdle which broke him and his ideology, that was very interesting and something I hadn't seen before. While I did enjoy seeing Saitama finally getting some character development and wanting to improve himself, it's all pointless now that he doesn't remember anything, so it might as well have never happened. The only thing Garou and Saitama's fight really did was show a badass fight, but any character development and significant plot points were just reversed.

Last edited:
i remember back in 2016 people were saying goku was “faster than time” without realizing how that makes literally no sense and isnt a thing, but of course dbztards will say anything if it sounds cool and makes goku look “strong” to win a vs debate
i love looking at ur name and seeing Dbz and ur shit talking goku. 😂

What are you on about. Fiction is filled with shit like that to the brim. One of the Flash's from DC became faster than the Speedforce at one point. Aka the thing that gives him his speed. It also doesn't make sense people can punch with like tier 5 energy but control it to only do tier 9 damage to the environment, but they do anyway.

except he didn't need to do it in the first place. Metal Knight literally comes over and is like "Aight get in the radiation cleansing rooms". All ONE and Murata had to do was just...not have people be dead and just like near dead or something from radiation poisoning. But no, didn't use that very logical way to solve it. Instead, time travel.
God is closer to ressurecting and we have more lore on how Saitama's limiter removal actually affects him.

Oh crap completely forgot the new chapter came out today. Oh the Monster Association arc is finally over. Cool. And huh Saitama really doesn’t remember anything huh.

But wait would Zombieman still have his mini arc now that the arc is over and he didn’t see Saitama’s power?

Oh crap completely forgot the new chapter came out today. Oh the Monster Association arc is finally over. Cool. And huh Saitama really doesn’t remember anything huh.

But wait would Zombieman still have his mini arc now that the arc is over and he didn’t see Saitama’s power?
I don't think so tbh. They might skip that one, or they might tweak it to just have Zombieman be interested in the limiter idea, but skip out Saitama

He's curious about God so it's possible

thinking about it Saitama can oneshot dbz Goku with a feat that didn't even happen, this is so humiliating lol
I don't know what's bad, that we just don't count that because it didn't happen (but it's a composite so it does count) or that literally goku vs saitama will last longer than it is

Saitama losing all memories and likely physical prowess makes his time travel kinda pointless combat wise.

Only reason he didn't kill Garou is the promise he made for Tareo. In a neutral battle against an equal opponent, by the time Saitama's AD lets him kill the opponent he...just has to do it, no reason to go back in time and do it in onepunch there.

In case he meets an opponent too strong for his AD to work he just gets one-shot or gets to land an extra punch stronger than his own at the start of the fight, at the cost of confusion for both sides.

Only way it'd be relevant is if you somehow assume Saitama would be willing to time travel before the fight starts when his opponent was a baby and that he'd be willing to search for that baby across the entire planet to kill it (That or planet bust).

Could also be useful in case someone seals him or BFRs him somewhere he can't escape, but once again it would give him the advantage of landing one punch when the fight starts.

Yes, then Speed of Light is Infinite speed.
WHEEZE.png

Saitama losing all memories and likely physical prowess makes his time travel kinda pointless combat wise.

Only reason he didn't kill Garou is the promise he made for Tareo. In a neutral battle against an equal opponent, by the time Saitama's AD lets him kill the opponent he...just has to do it, no reason to go back in time and do it in onepunch there.

In case he meets an opponent too strong for his AD to work he just gets one-shot or gets to land an extra punch stronger than his own at the start of the fight, at the cost of confusion for both sides.

Only way it'd be relevant is if you somehow assume Saitama would be willing to time travel before the fight starts when his opponent was a baby and that he'd be willing to search for that baby across the entire planet to kill it (That or planet bust).

Could also be useful in case someone seals him or BFRs him somewhere he can't escape, but once again it would give him the advantage of landing one punch when the fight starts.
Tldr: his time travel is just a reset button from qhen you get completely stuck in a phase.

I wonder if the merging thing only triggers if he gets a certain distance from his old self or if it's based on a time/action limit and they would just pull eachother at nearly infinite speeds once its up.

Last time a hero showed Garou mercy, Garou basically just said “**** You” and tried to fight Tanktop Master. How is Saitama doing the same thing any different? If anything, Garou should be MORE motivated to fight against heroes. Being surrounded and beat up while he’s weak and defenseless would only further prove his ideology of heroes picking on the weak. And now he knows Saitama is an obstacle to overcome. In-character, Garou would just try to find Saitama again to fight him. Nothing has changed Garou’s ideology, and his future self is established to have been destroyed and turned into dust, so it’s not like he can suddenly gain that future self’s memories. Unless they plan to have Garou fight Saitama again, they’d have to change Garou’s character, which only makes the story more complicated and sloppy. Even with the good that came from the arc, I’m still rather disappointed at the end product.

ch
Last time a hero showed Garou mercy, Garou basically just said “**** You” and tried to fight Tanktop Master. How is Saitama doing the same thing any different? If anything, Garou should be MORE motivated to fight against heroes. Being surrounded and beat up while he’s weak and defenseless would only further prove his ideology of heroes picking on the weak. And now he knows Saitama is an obstacle to overcome. In-character, Garou would just try to find Saitama again to fight him. Nothing has changed Garou’s ideology, and his future self is established to have been destroyed and turned into dust, so it’s not like he can suddenly gain that future self’s memories. Unless they plan to have Garou fight Saitama again, they’d have to change Garou’s character, which only makes the story more complicated and sloppy. Even with the good that came from the arc, I’m still rather disappointed at the end product
character development is a thing little boi

Last time a hero showed Garou mercy, Garou basically just said “**** You” and tried to fight Tanktop Master. How is Saitama doing the same thing any different? If anything, Garou should be MORE motivated to fight against heroes. Being surrounded and beat up while he’s weak and defenseless would only further prove his ideology of heroes picking on the weak. And now he knows Saitama is an obstacle to overcome. In-character, Garou would just try to find Saitama again to fight him. Nothing has changed Garou’s ideology, and his future self is established to have been destroyed and turned into dust, so it’s not like he can suddenly gain that future self’s memories. Unless they plan to have Garou fight Saitama again, they’d have to change Garou’s character, which only makes the story more complicated and sloppy. Even with the good that came from the arc, I’m still rather disappointed at the end product.
It is possible that Garou is not magically redeemed and is still in the midst of his character arc. Considering how different the manga is, it wouldn't surprise me if Garou doesn't go job hunting the next time we see him.

It's not going to be a key lol. It's just them getting stronger by punching each other repeatedly. Just "Higher with Accelerated Development" is enough.

Back