• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Chapter is definitely better than before but this is disappointing for a 2 week wait tbh. You can already see the difference between last chapter and this one in terms of conversation and hype. Nobody is really talking about it.

Oh well, I hope next one is better Ig. But probably gonna take another month until we get something of serious interest.

3QdKK5r.jpeg

why does willpower page doesnt have regeneration? half monster garou was overcoming death via willpower. he survived because of it. he was healed. he wasnt really a monster. he was still human there.
gyoro gyoro already explained.
its easy to turn humans to monsters via cells. but it doesnt effect the limiter. works with no further growth. garou didnt take it.

for limit of growth. gyoro explains that first you need to overcome death many times as a HUMAN. everytime garou overcome death. he regenerated. immortality type 2 also comes with regeneration here. many examples are in the series.

regeneration should be added to willpower page of opm

also "cosmic fear mode" garou should have subatomic lvl on himself. he did the time travel feat later. but the problem wasnt that he wasnt able to manipulate his subatomic particles. at the end of the battle. it was garou who showed saitama to manipulate his subatomic particles. meaning garou knew how to do it. no power mimic or anything.

matter manipulation(atomic, subatomic on himself) or something like that.

the ''spee f of sounds vs speed of light''remind me of sonic vs surge, where sonic is the speed of sound and surge the speed of light

I don't know who's worse the opmfolk or the Chinese fandom

When it comes to Chinese fandom i see sh*ts like the compliment smile of flash to sonic is bad compared to the webcomic because the corners of his mouth are raised 3 degrees more.

As for the opmfolk, they make some nonsensical take like garou in his monsters form, his jeans and sneakers have some kind of symbolism.

At least both of them have similarities, they do all kinds of mental gymnastics just to diss murata

Last edited:
As for the opmfolk, they make some nonsensical take like garou in his monsters form, his jeans and sneakers have some kind of symbolism
I think that's just a byproduct of folk subreddits. Because it's a negative echo chamber you end up getting weird takes.

Positive echo chambers are just as bad though. The Garou stuff is worse compared to the webcomic, but I wouldn't call it bad. Just like, mid / average.

I think that's just a byproduct of folk subreddits. Because it's a negative echo chamber you end up getting weird takes.

Positive echo chambers are just as bad though. The Garou stuff is worse compared to the webcomic, but I wouldn't call it bad. Just like, mid / average.
Pretty much this yeah. As hype as Cosmic Garou was I definitely prefer Garou’s characterization in the webcomic when fighting Saitama.

For me I just didn’t like how manga Garou actually killed people. Like the whole point about Garou was that he was playing pretend monster and not actually killing people. But then in the manga he not only passively killed essentially the entire planet but also purposely murdered Genos. Like it honestly felt cheap for them to undo everything by rewinding time.

Garou matching Saitama speedblitzing him through pure skill is something I'd have loved to see in the manga
Isn't that what monster garou do in the manga, also you make it sounds like he didn't almost abandon his martial arts in his bulk form
Positive echo chambers are just as bad though.
How so? It's not like they always giving some weird takes every single week and most of them are just blaming the wrong person

Because it becomes exclusionary after a point and eventually gets to an all or nothing phase. As an example; Fallout: New Vegas fans. Where a large segment of people who like that game like it to the point where they hate the rest of the franchise.

Only allowing positive affirmations to a product will eventually make the Fandom segment toxic basically.

Because it becomes exclusionary after a point and eventually gets to an all or nothing phase. As an example; Fallout: New Vegas fans. Where a large segment of people who like that game like it to the point where they hate the rest of the franchise.
That doesn't sound like the positive side of the fandom because i can't remember them screeching about webcomic

For me I just didn’t like how manga Garou actually killed people. Like the whole point about Garou was that he was playing pretend monster and not actually killing people. But then in the manga he not only passively killed essentially the entire planet but also purposely murdered Genos. Like it honestly felt cheap for them to undo everything by rewinding time.
Anyone will succumb and forget everything when you get that kind of power, that's why he repent and said that his spirit was weak at the end of the fight.

Anyway, I think Sonic should scale now to Flashy.
He already did imo but this chapter solidifies it. FF comments on how strong Sonic is and that he "had" to use 2 of his ultimate moves, and that as kids he was clearly above him. There's no question that Sonic is on the same general level as FF, even if slightly weaker.

I like that Sonic does genuinely grow in power as the series goes on. Whenever he's brought up it's made clear that he's training. Cause he's trying to surpass Saitama obviously.

Still, I think ONE and Murata could've tried to show his growth a bit more. It's understandable that to a lot of the fanbase, Sonic going from vaguely around S2 Genos level to on par with Flashy Flash is, well, very weird. It feels super inconsistent because up until now he's possessed no feats that would warrant the notion of him even being in the same league as Flashy Flash, but apparently he's strong enough to rival him in a fight because he's been training off screen. It'd be like if Yamcha showed up and put hands on Orange Piccolo because he's been training in secret. Which by contrast would...technically speaking...mean that Sonic could literally box Darkshine and win, even if they were equal in speed. Which is an unfathomable idea, but that's what the scaling dictates. The Flashy Punch FF used in this chapter would unironically kill or incapacitate Darkshine based on scaling from Platinum Sperm, but Sonic tanked it with minor damage. When up until now, Darkshine would literally turn Sonic into paste on the ground with a restrained friendly jab. Not just based on AP feats, but based on basic scaling in-universe.

If ONE at least tried to show the pace of Sonic's growth, it'd be a lot more easy to get behind, but it's just kinda silly. What I do like is that Sonic and Genos' have always been put on a comparable level. It was easy to deduce a similar degree of overall combat ability from early in the series (Season 1 arcs), then they outright fought and stood on even playing field in the Hero Hunter arc, and even now they're still portrayed as being on an even field. They're kinda like rivals despite not having a huge connection with each other and I like the consistency.

It's sad knowing that Sonic is trying so hard to keep up with Saitama but Saitama is constantly growing faster than Sonic by just existing.

Since Blasts portals are actually gravitational waves. Shouldn’t they have an ap for bending the light there also in the space they occupy?

It seems Saitama is missing his resistance to Vibration Manipulation and Durability Negation.

He was able to resist Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist and Fa Jin.

I mean the verse doesn't even have many abilities in the first place. Saitama resist most things by nature of being many many times stronger than most things in the verse.

He will likely be getting spatial resistances soon.

But ye for now we gotta add resistances to pressure points, vibrations, and dura neg since Garou can't affect him with his martial arts.

Obviously I also think it's pretty clear he is resistant to acids but bro never showed it 😭

I mean the verse doesn't even have many abilities in the first place. Saitama resist most things by nature of being many many times stronger than most things in the verse.

He will likely be getting spatial resistances soon.

But ye for now we gotta add resistances to pressure points, vibrations, and dura neg since Garou can't affect him with his martial arts.

Obviously I also think it's pretty clear he is resistant to acids but bro never showed it 😭
apparently saitama needs to show that resistance in his verse for it to apply, why we didn't just put him with the resistance of all things in his verse until he shows that was affected by something?

apparently saitama needs to show that resistance in his verse for it to apply, why we didn't just put him with the resistance of all things in his verse until he shows that was affected by something?
This has me thinking of questions like if saitama has several statements abt having unlimited/boundless strenght why he doesnt just have high uni ap?
Same for ap same for resistance someone has to show a feat of resisting certain ability to have resistance for it

It seems Saitama is missing his resistance to Vibration Manipulation and Durability Negation.

He was able to resist Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist and Fa Jin.
I'm pretty sure he had it, but it was removed because it was just because his organs were as durable as his skin and muscle, which is why they didn't affect him.

Edit: I found the thread, and I was correct.

I'm pretty sure he had it, but it was removed because it was just because his organs were as durable as his skin and muscle, which is why they didn't affect him.
That should still be noted in resistance to durability negation, since it means similar methods of dura negating will not work on him.

Most characters can't just take a direct hit to their vital organs like that and survive it. Imagine if a human was punched directly in their heart or lungs. That could be instantly deadly.

That should still be noted in resistance to durability negation, since it means similar methods of dura negating will not work on him.

Most characters can't just take a direct hit to their vital organs like that and survive it. Imagine if a human was punched directly in their heart or lungs. That could be instantly deadly.
The thread I linked was trying to get it listed as something, but I guess they never fully implemented the idea.

Back