• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Wait, Mewtwo is up there on the tier list? I thought his throws are garbage?
Mewtwo has two kill throws and F-throw does a lot of damage. Mewtwo's throws were good even back in Melee when he was low tier.

I agree wholly. People seemed to just assume G&W feather = Native American tomfoolery. Which was just a stupid thing to linger on, and certainly didn't mean anything by it at all.

We still have the raw "uncensored" model in the game, maybe if some modder dumped the model and pasted it for future updates of the game...

The worst thing about the PC controversy is that Nintendo actually gave in and censored it.

Kinda understandable since Nintendo wants to be friendly towards everyone while involving politics as little as possible, but this is just ridiculous. It's two frames of animation for one attack that a single character uses.

You're ungrateful if you're going to look at the whole thing Sakurai made and focus entirely on these two frames of animation. It's just a whine for attention on par with classics such as this and this.

Game and watc
Seriously. Get laid or something. (Source)

ArbitraryNumbers wrote:

The worst thing about the PC controversy is that Nintendo actually gave in and censored it. Kinda understandable since Nintendo wants to be friendly towards everyone while involving politics as little as possible, but this is just ridiculous. It's two frames of animation for one attack that a single character uses. You're ungrateful if you're going to look at the whole thing Sakurai made and focus entirely on these two frames of animation. It's just a whine for attention on par with classics such as this and this.
Game and watc
Seriously. Get laid or something. (Source)

>tweet also implies that Mr.G&W's one attack based on one rather obscure game represents all Native Americans&gt

>for some reason

>not even counting the fact that stereotypes aren't inherently out of racist tendencies and that Natives back then did this

doesn't seem like PAC-MAN's high tier though. sure Fruits charge faster, but they deal less damage overall and repeated Z-drops **** right off.

^ This would imply that we have 5 third party newcomers that aren't echo fighters post-launch, which seems quite unlikely to me, especially since easy picks like Shadow, Knuckle or Jeane are out.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if characters who appear as Assist Trophies weren't necessarily out of the game yet. EDIT:

Genericstickman said:
Assist Trophy Guy for DLC fighter
Watch Sakurai create a fighter that's literally the Assist Trophy item with legs, and it summons or shapeshifts into different characters for its attacks.

Gamexplain mentioned that not to be the case as Samus and K. Rool actually have spirit forms. (Pirate K.Rool and ZS Samus from Other M)

You'd have too look up their Smash DLC video though.

Except that the same applies to Trophies. In previous games, there were no trophies for fighters outside of the Classic/Adventure Mode ones. And look how far it got us. Lucas, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, etc.

Although it does make me wonder how the hell Galeem works if it killed certain characters multiple times.

You can say the same for Trophies. Lucas and Mewtwo already had trophies in Smash4. Yet they still became playable.

It also doesn't help that most characters who would be remotely relevant as fighters tend to be relegated as Spirits, except for Third Party ones (Even then, we have a Shantae and Rayman spirit). Which means that either Nintendo only chose unpopular/obscure characters or they're all third parties that aren't any of the ones already included.

Also we literally have spirits that are just the Wii Fit Trainer in different poses. No different form of anything.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Can't right now. In class. Will later.
Speaking of class, today I went to school as intended, only to find out that it was closed and there is no class for me today.

Quite tiring, but at least I have another day free.

The Wii Fit ones are poses, like the huge number of their trophies in 4. As for the trophies argument, Spirits are CONSIDERABLY more major.

Trophies: Fun collectable figures that have no gameplay bearing. Spirits: An entire game mode that takes up a sizable chunk of the main menu and the focus of story mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back