• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tabbers Template Replacement Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be having a problem applying the new template to one of the profiles due to an unknown error to me.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Oburi

unknown.jpeg

Does anyone know what the issue here is?

So there's explanations assigned to a tabber. Is this is okay? Or should they just be linked on the verse page instead?

I seem to be having a problem applying the new template to one of the profiles due to an unknown error to me.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Oburi

unknown.jpeg

Does anyone know what the issue here is?
I figured out what this was, by the way. This was me trying to use the mobile edit while the website was technically in desktop mode, causing the whole thing to error out.

Ah. I've just been ignoring those.

I think we can deal with them once we're finished with the main wiki profiles.

It's far easier to go from blog to blog like like, let alone let readers know that they exist. I was using the old tab but all the words didn't fit well and it looked kinda bad, if I don't use this new one then I'll just revert to use the old one, is it really a necessity that I remove this?

I suppose that you can place it at the top of your blog posts then, but not at the top of regular wiki pages.

Agreed. We're down to 1167 pages left to be updated. We've come a long way from the 4400+ pages we had to start with.

Yes, and all of your help is very appreciated.

I tend to do a good chunk of these profiles every now and then when I have spare time. Things are going pretty well on my end.
Okay, big thanks to you as well then.

Everybody please remember that we need to update the instructions in our standard format page after we are done here.

Yeah, still been having RL issues with workload and hardware difficulties. But hope to get back on track soon.

Okay. No problem at all. Thank you for all of your help.

I've been auditing every single tabber that's been made so far, going through each linked profile and making sure that the permissions match on the profiles match the tabber. (If one of the profiles is admin locked, making sure that the tabber is too).

I've also made sure that the tabber is a navbox, and that all the profiles in the tabbers are also protected as well.

I've been auditing every single tabber that's been made so far, going through each linked profile and making sure that the permissions match on the profiles match the tabber. (If one of the profiles is admin locked, making sure that the tabber is too).

I've also made sure that the tabber is a navbox, and that all the profiles in the tabbers are also protected as well.
Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you Krukov. Your help is very appreciated.

However, I am not sure if the tabber templates should be admin-locked or not. What do the rest of you think?

Thank you Krukov. Your help is very appreciated.

However, I am not sure if the tabber templates should be admin-locked or not. What do the rest of you think?
They're only being locked if they're for important profiles which are locked already.

It'd be better not to lock every single one because we'd be creating more work for ourselves in the future if we did that.

Frankly, I haven't been admin-locking.

Normal protection, yes, but not to the admin level.

I've only been admin locking those that contain profiles that are already admin locked.

Yes, no problem, but that still makes it difficult for regular members to create new profile page for certain characters, so I am not certain either way.

Honestly I seriously doubt that any vandal would go and vandalize tabbers, unless it's superman-level famous I don't really think they should be locked

Forgot to comment earlier when I got the notification/reminder but I canhave knock out a couple tabs today, as I'm currently free. I've been procrastinating on a crt I want to do, so doing this helps give me a warm up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back