• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team RWBY vs. Monster Trio (CP9/Summit War Saga) & Law (Pre-Timeskip)

Ruby-0
436312-luffy4pw4 super
Weiss 3
Law
Blake render
Roronoa Zoro (29)
Yang xiao long rwby yellow render by andreogami5-d7zcul7
Sanji.full.43635
Ruby can't use Silver eyes since she has no control over it and Luffy can't use Conqueror's Haki since he had no control over it.
Zoro and Sanji have no moral restriction against fighting women but otherwise everyone is in character and win by K.O. or Ringout

Location: In the Amity Colluseum set with Fire, Ice, Mountain, and Ocean biomes set.

Also Law can't just use his Room to teleport them out of the ring he has to try and actually push them out or knock them out. We also assume Law couldn't use Haki pre-TS

I did a similar thread back when RWBY characters were still just large building level and they went up against the East Blue saga Strawhats but now that would be a stomp.

Current Votes: Team RWBY-0, Monster Quad-3

I'll give it to the monster quads dice base Luffy is at least equal to any one of the girls and he should be stronger in gears and with combination attacks, plus he has higher durability, also law's room would be pretty hard to deal with, and the monster quad are probably more skilled fighters. Also you might want to add that Zoro's morals against fighting girls are turned off as well

Team One Piece is faster by almost Mach 100 and has At least 8-A 'AP versus RWBY's plain 8-A', it's a pretty solid win for One Piece here.

Blahblah9755 said:
I'll give it to the monster quads dice base Luffy is at least equal to any one of the girls and he should be stronger in gears and with combination attacks, plus he has higher durability, also law's room would be pretty hard to deal with, and the monster quad are probably more skilled fighters. Also you might want to add that Zoro's morals against fighting girls are turned off as well
Zoro's moral delima isn't as big a deal as Sanji's though I think if he ever fought a girl who was truly worthy he would fight all out. But I'll add it just in case

Oh, better give a reason then. Before I do, CC, is it a big battle royale or is it single fights between Ruby and Luffy, Weiss and Law, Blake and Zoro and Yang and Sanji?

@MS3000: I get the implication that it's a singles fights. Like i see this like Yang taking on Sanji, Blake vs Zoro, and pretty much the same with the other two...

Edit: Then again, the OP didn't really specify weather it's either of the two so...yeah...

One piece has very little issues here. RWBY only has the reaction speed, while the OP team can move at that speed. iirc Low-mid diff win for them.

Uh oh.. I just found something very interesting For One piece characters which may turn this into a easier win..

Megasean3000 said:
Oh, better give a reason then. Before I do, CC, is it a big battle royale or is it single fights between Ruby and Luffy, Weiss and Law, Blake and Zoro and Yang and Sanji?
It's a team battle but I do see it splitting into singles fights like that.

Okay dok. Well I think Luffy's more heavy hitting than Ruby, Law just needs to slice Weiss with his Room Sword, if Adam can overpower Blake, Zoro would have no problem, Sanji is the one with the most trouble seeing as Yang is a powerhouse and I'd say she wins this.

So in conclusion, Team Quad wins 3-1.

LordAizenSama said:
One piece has very little issues here. RWBY only has the reaction speed, while the OP team can move at that speed. iirc Low-mid diff win for them.
Uh oh.. I just found something very interesting For One piece characters which may turn this into a easier win..
Actually looking at the profiles Team RWBY are all listed as having MHS reaction and combat speed, while the monster quad are only listed as having MHS reactions with no mention of combat or movement speed and the ony exception is Luffy in Gear 2nd who is MHS all around. On top of that Team RWBY are mach 352 while the monster quad are only mach 271.

Also would you care to ellaborate on what you found that would make this an easier win?

^Because we had Luffy at Mach 441 using a slower speed value for lightning, funnily enough it resulted in a downgrade

I don't think the endurance of team RWBY is all that great TBH. Yang immediately went down upon losing an arm, the others fall repeatedly in staged battles (as opposed to Luffy who rampaged through fodder for hours at this arc), and don't take injury well. Probably Monster Quad for just that reason.

RWBY loses badly. All they have is durability via aura and speed. In terms of power, however, One Piece obliterates, even considering aura; Consider that Zoro easily cut through a island sided titan made of solid rock, multiple times. Law's Room would probably bypass aura protection, and has managed to steal hearts of elemental devil fruit users. Luffy's immune to bullets, and can only be harmed by Ruby's scythe (cutting), Weiss's sembalance and rapier (stab), and Blake's sword; and if luffy goes gear 3 (the one that boosts attack & def), only Weiss at full power will be able to harm him. Sanji isn't too special, but raw power from kicks will deplete aura fast.

Also remember that despite how RWBY portrays them as badasses, they're still young kids, and that most likely they haven't experienced too much pain - they don't have the near death experience that One Piece characters have (ie, if aura's down, they will go down as well, where OP characters can and often will fight to the death). Not to mention experience; all they have is fighting grimm and other characters near their level (whereas the OP crew have experience fighting devil fruit users, which have a myrad of effects.

Oh, righty. You said KO or ringout, right? Luffy just punches them with extreme force (remember what Luffy did to Doflamingo), Zoro slices hard enough (which will either slice through for a KO, or knock them out of the ring), Sanji kicks them out of the ring, and Law could just throw a rock and swap them with it right before it leaves, giving no time to RWBY members to react and get back in.

This was a poor matchup. I know both verses, and the depth in experience between fighters is HUGE. Also, just look at the feats and the verses; there are enormous power gaps. Team RWBY so far have managed to take down various grimm (crowning achievement a giant bird), and other fighters in the Vytal festival. Luffy took down Doflamingo, who can easily destroy an entire island, by himself. Zoro took down a guy who can manipulate rock to make himself island sized. Sanji can walk on the air itself. And Law is a combat medic, who can safely remove people's hearts, bypassing all their defenses. Maybe later in the series can team RWBY take them on, but right now they need to develop and mature.

Though to be honest, just by looking at how the verses dispict characters, RWBY will never go past island level; they just don't have the right setting for that to happen.

Ghostly Owns said:
RWBY loses badly. All they have is durability via aura and speed. In terms of power, however, One Piece obliterates, even considering aura; Consider that Zoro easily cut through a island sided titan made of solid rock, multiple times. Law's Room would probably bypass aura protection, and has managed to steal hearts of elemental devil fruit users. Luffy's immune to bullets, and can only be harmed by Ruby's scythe (cutting), Weiss's sembalance and rapier (stab), and Blake's sword; and if luffy goes gear 3 (the one that boosts attack & def), only Weiss at full power will be able to harm him. Sanji isn't too special, but raw power from kicks will deplete aura fast.
Also remember that despite how RWBY portrays them as badasses, they're still young kids, and that most likely they haven't experienced too much pain - they don't have the near death experience that One Piece characters have (ie, if aura's down, they will go down as well, where OP characters can and often will fight to the death). Not to mention experience; all they have is fighting grimm and other characters near their level (whereas the OP crew have experience fighting devil fruit users, which have a myrad of effects.

Oh, righty. You said KO or ringout, right? Luffy just punches them with extreme force (remember what Luffy did to Doflamingo), Zoro slices hard enough (which will either slice through for a KO, or knock them out of the ring), Sanji kicks them out of the ring, and Law could just throw a rock and swap them with it right before it leaves, giving no time to RWBY members to react and get back in.

This was a poor matchup. I know both verses, and the depth in experience between fighters is HUGE. Also, just look at the feats and the verses; there are enormous power gaps. Team RWBY so far have managed to take down various grimm (crowning achievement a giant bird), and other fighters in the Vytal festival. Luffy took down Doflamingo, who can easily destroy an entire island, by himself. Zoro took down a guy who can manipulate rock to make himself island sized. Sanji can walk on the air itself. And Law is a combat medic, who can safely remove people's hearts, bypassing all their defenses. Maybe later in the series can team RWBY take them on, but right now they need to develop and mature.

Though to be honest, just by looking at how the verses dispict characters, RWBY will never go past island level; they just don't have the right setting for that to happen.
Most of the feats you mentioned, like cutting a stone goliath or throwing doflamingo across a city were post-timeskip and thus irrelevant since this is CP9/Suumit War Saga strawhats. also I speciifally said Law couldn't just teleport them out of the ring.

Oh, sorry about that. Not going to bother rembering about CP9/Suumit War saga unless someone decides to jog my mind. Also, I noted that Law couldn't outright teleport them outside the ring. I specifically said, "Law could just throw a rock and swap them with it right before it leaves, giving no time to RWBY members to react and get back in."

Ie, he throws a rock, and the instant/(milli)second before it exits the field, he swaps it with a team member of RWBY, giving them no time to react, and thus a easy ring out.

There are other alternatives too: swapping them into a attack by anyone else (say, a prepared attack by one of the OP crew, or into a attack by a teammate). It could be used as a meat shield for virtually any attack, or could be used with one of the OP crew near the end of the ring, as they all have enough power to eject a RWBY member, especially when backed by Law's positioning the opponent right into an attack that would definitely eject them with no chance of coming back.

Scene: Sanji charges up a very powerful kick, facing the nearest part of the circumference of the ring, which is only a few feet away. Law throws a rock in front of Sanji when his kick is fully charged, and swaps the rock with Yang, who recieves the kick and is promptly sent out of the ring, with no chances of recovering. Instant elimination. =D

So yeah, still OP. Law's hax is really good for these cases.

So even if you ban the cheap trick of chucking stuff out and swapping it with enemies, there are still plenty of ways for Law to set up easy ringouts. The question is, is law capable of thinking up these strats, because if he can, then it's a easy victory with minimal setup and proper placement. No xtra powerful stuff needed, a simple punch/kick/hit will suffice as long as it's enough to send them out. Also, you'd have to make sure that he can even set the strat up, because if he and everyone else is too busy / is being blitz'd, then the point is rendered moot.

Luffy would have an edge over all of them with Gear Second even if it's before the time skip.

Sanji with no morals would be difficult for Yang for obvious reasons as she struggles against people who specialize in kicks. Though her she get's stronger with every hit so he'll need to work fast.

Zoro could cut through her aura like Adam did, though Adam sword is not normal. Also I think his sword skills are above Blake or Weiss.

(From what I KNOW, I'm don't know everything about RWBY)

Ruby is fast but I think Luffy is faster and hits harder then Yang. If Luffy uses Gear third he's in trouble since that move is really slow and he'll turn into a kid. Doubt he can hit team RWBY with that attack.

Really though Law is the most broken one here. He could destroy their weapons, switch them mind fight, or he can switch the RWBY girl's mind like he did the strawhats the moment they ignore him. I assume he could do that before the time skip and if he can't, Law can still mess them up by cutting them into piece and having the others knock them out of the ring or K.Oing them while they're in shambles... horrible joke.

Unless Aura and Haki are equalized then they have no defense against Law.

(Don't know much about RWBY besides their threads, if I'm wrong about something then say so)

(Also I'm new so I could be doing something wrong)

Team One Piece takes it on the simple basis that Luffy's AP and Speed increases while utilizing his gears. Law ignored durability via Room.

The only advantage that Team RWBY has is that they have a vast level of versatility (mainly due to Weiss and her semblance/dust).

The OP team meets Team RWBY's physical abilities tic for tac while Law and Luffy both have advantages due to Luffy's gears/speed and Law's Room capabilities and ignoring durability.

The thing that would seal Team RWBY's fate is their stamina. If they are in an high intensity fight with people with similar power, they can only continue fighting for up to a few minutes before they become fatigued due to the loss of their aura.

Back