• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Ahh this is gonna be easy so we need the actual size of Tempest then find the radius
You can see it in second course of anime but still this is vol 8 and anime is still vol 4 so its should be much bigger than anime

Tempest 3rd view
So basically Rimuru is at the Center then Dagruel's son is outside Tempest. We can use the Colosseum to know the population and size because that was based on the real colosseum. Here's the size of the Colosseum:
The building's dimensions are impressive. It measures 189 meters (615 ft / 640 Roman feet) long and 156 meters (510 ft) wide, with a base area of 6 acres (24,000 m2). The height of the outer wall is 48 meters (157 ft), equivalent to a 12-15 story building. The perimeter originally measured 545 meters (1,788 ft).

In anime the city is much bigger than that, and the shape is already change, so In vol 8 is already like a large city (its capital of Jura tempest federation btw)

Soon, the high orcs set off on the road to their new lives.

But we weren't done yet. I turned toward the several thousand remaining souls.

It seemed that the orc general, along with the high orcs who directly served him, were insisting upon working directly under my command. I said yes, as reluctant as I was. I did need some spare hands to handle the work around there, and we were still chronically short on people to build the town. They wouldn't number enough to put a major dent in our food supplies, either.

So I didn't need to think too much about my decision, even though it meant a lot more people answering to me. Around two thousand, in fact—the remainder of the elite orc corps, numbering two thousand or so, decked out in their black full-plate armor. Their strength must've been what helped them survive this long.

If they were going to be my elite guard of sorts, I couldn't very well put them in the same naming series as the rest. But if not, what, then? Given the yellow auras they emitted, I figured I'd name their tribe after that color instead.

Through the lens of Analyze and Assess—like Shuna, I could use it to analyze people to some extent via my eyes alone—I sized up the elite guard, then lined them up in the order I decided on. I then gave them numbers from strongest to weakest, without dividing them by gender.

Such was the birth of what would later be called the Yellow Numbers.
~ LN vol. 2​
I have no idea how you concluded there to be 50k High Orcs in town. It's clearly stated to be 2k. If there is a statement that they hired some more High Orcs from the outside village for manpower, please provide the scans because I can't remember any such scenes.

Eh realy? I believe i see it somewhere in Manga i think its still below vol 4 plus in anime the shape is very different

@Neo 2k is too few for a main workers in tempest, i believe i read it somewhere its 50.000 , i on bed ATM so feel too lazy to seach scan

Neo, maybe youre right, i feel like mixing some vol and WN, i remember when fuse visit Tempest in manga there around 10.000 named monster

The anime up-scaled the size of everything because the stated numbers in the LN text don't fit the Mitz Vah illustrations at all, from what I heard. Ingraccia in the anime for example looks absolutely massive compared to the LN illustation.

Actually population doesn't matter here, it's the range of the Youki. We need to know the distance between the middle and outside the border of Tempest. We have a new indicator of measurement which is the Colosseum though which is this:

The building's dimensions are impressive. It measures 189 meters (615 ft / 640 Roman feet) long and 156 meters (510 ft) wide, with a base area of 6 acres (24,000 m2). The height of the outer wall is 48 meters (157 ft), equivalent to a 12-15 story building. The perimeter originally measured 545 meters (1,788 ft).

Someone needs to calc this for us

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Actually population doesn't matter here, it's the range of the Youki. We need to know the distance between the middle and outside the border of Tempest. We have a new indicator of measurement which is the Colosseum though which is this:

Someone needs to calc this for us
We need someone to ask FUSE these questions.

I just noticed... Hinata and Rimuru doesnt have existence erasure in their LN profile

"Let me provide you a prayer to the divine. I hope and desire for the power of the holy spirits. Listen to my appeal and overcome all in your way! Disintegration!!"
The request, delivered in Hinata's beautiful voice, was granted. The resulting show of force was literally divine, enough to crush all physical and spiritual presences within its defined space. It was the ultimate in targeted, destructive magic, emitting flashes of white light as it poured from Hinata's hands to the circle. It sped out at thousands of miles per hour, almost at light speed, as its holy power made cells and souls vanish without a trace. It was more than enough to make the Glutton disappear, not affecting the space around it at all.

So that should be for 1st key Hinata then 2nd key for Rimuru

Don't think that's EE, EE leaves nothing, the most that's stated is crushing the physical and spiritual and making souls and cells vanish, well, things smaller than cells exist, so certainly something is left.

Also thought we agreed scaling resistances to ultimate skill users, just cause they are ultimate skill users is iffy, all these resistances of: Precognition, Fate Manipulation, Subjective Reality, Reality Warping, don't think should be on either Rumunias or Rimuru's profile.

Ultimate skills aren't absolute, elemental attacks can work and we have the case of Hinata's mathematician being able to as well, we can't make blanket statements like the WN, we have to look specifically what has been shown to not work against them.

At least not yet, for the WN we have like 3 statements of stuff not working highest or not and the LN so far it's only been mentioned once that lowers skills don't work but clearly some do.

Mathematician never work on ultimate skill user, Hinata precog work because it was analytical prediction, also Mariabell use Greed to its fullest potential yet doesnt work on Rimuru

But it did work, she used it's prediction simulation ability to predict Rimuru's moves.

That's resistance to whatever Mariabell's ability is.

Regardless i don't think we should add 20+ resistances based off a single statement, when the statement isn't as blatant as in the WN where it says no form of magic will work highest or not.

Its just like great Sage trying to make strategi for Rimuru, it work because it doesnt affect The opponent besides analytical prediction can be wrong by any chance it works just because mathematician can predict 10.000 movea ahead and Rimuru is a novice swordsman

Think we will veer into head canon territory trying to justify why in that instance a unique skill worked and why in every other instance we should assume they won't.

We need more info about ultimate skills, barely gotten anything so far.

Yeah we do lack info about US, but for now i think its safe to add it since so far there are no anti feat for ultimate skill user

Aside from the ongoing AP-related CRT, I'll be waiting for Veldora's Journal 11 in about 1 week before even thinking about making any new CRTs.

@GLHF22 But i literally just pointed to an anti-feat, volume 7, chapter 5, Hinata uses the prediction simulation ability of her mathematician unique skill to predict the path of an ultimate skill user's attacks, that being Rimuru.

It doesn't matter how you try to justify it, doesn't change the fact that an aspect of a unique skill worked on an ultimate skill user, if no unique skills of any kind no matter how powerful works on an ultimate skill user, what Hinata did shouldn't be possible.

She didn't predict Rimuru's attacks due to intuition, experience or something like that, it's literally her unique skill ability.

Eh? How do i say this, you saying that literaly same as saying analytical prediction doesnt work on acausal, while in fact analytical prediction have nothing to do with causality or something like Rimuru great Sage cannot accelerate Rimuru mind or talking to him while US user around, same as mathematician prediction work on US because she just create a scheme/strategy it has nothing to do with US resistance

If mathematician doesn't work, then Rimuru should resisted her predicting his attacks.

Analytical Prediction can be resisted you know, Shizuku Yaegashi does this as her moves her impossible to read, not to mention it's stated Hinata can also make her moves unpredictable or something like that (missing resistance), so why can't Rimuru with an ultimate skill?

There is really no excuse why mathematician worked, if ultimate skills grant absolute resistances to everything.

Rimuru resists his skill being analyzed and stolen but clearly not his attacks being predicted.

I disagree that Disintegration isnt EE, It not only crushed all physical components including cell but also it even destroyed the spiritual presence. It's not just your normal atomization skill because it's even impossible for atomization to destroy the spirit or soul. There's a visual representation of that scene in the manga and it literally erased the clone.

I say that be because steal and analyze a part of mathematician skill doesnt work on Rimuru, then why analytical prediction work? Then the only answer is it has nothing to do with resistance someone Resist analytical prediction is irrelevant as it completely different thing, let say can great Sage predict what Will Milim do when there is a honey in front of her? The answer is obvious.

Wait, the "stealing" part isn't Mathematician. That's Usurper, a seperate Unique Skill.

Usurper and Mathematician are two individual Unique Skills.

@GLHF22 It works because it's been shown to work.

Why wouldn't it have to do with resistance? Not even sure where you're going with this, ppl resist their next moves being predicted all the time.

Great Sage predicting what Milim would do can be resisted, this is fiction where are talking about, whether you're predicting the person's next moves due to mathematical equations, intuition, experience, skill, doesn't matter, ppl resist that all the time.

@Neo Yea Usurper doesn't work on Rimuru, Mathematician does though as i and WHYNAUT have been saying, this adds to our point.

Wait, there is no such thing as Great Sage failing to predict Milim's actions because such a thing was never attempted in the first place (it only failed to analyse Milim herself more deeply, which is unrelated to predicting her actions psychologically).

Also we saw that even Holy Field doesn't affect "internal Skills" like Great Sage or Degenerate (while it did affect Gluttony to some extent), so the Ultimate Skill "resistance" most likely doesn't work against "internal" skills either, it's just a mechanic of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back