• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Watched episode 2, judging by the next episode title, looks like Rimuru vs Hinata is gonna be like episode 4.

The pacing is pretty good so far, just wonder if they plan on passing the manga, i am thinking they are do all of volume 5 in this season, and volume 6 next? Volume 7 is more of a good stopping point though.

This cour, i mean 24 episodes for that 1 volume is just ridiculous.

Even this cour judging by the current pacing they will still have 8 or 7 episodes for just volume 5.

Rimuru vs Hinata is likely gonna be Episode 5. Episode 4 will still have the Dwargon stuff, the Farmus stuff, and they're going to properly introduce Mjurran/Myulan. And I'm actually hoping they give Myulan a lot of screentime as she and Youm offers a great part of the emotional tension in this arc.

Judging by the pace, I don't think they're gonna pass the manga. This season will probably cover up to Volume 6, maybe shift some events and have it in the very early parts of Volume 7 (I don't see them ending this season with Laplace lol). The manga is currently in the start of Walpurgis already, by the time the second cour starts it will probably cover all of volume 6 at that point and is already at volume 7 unless Kawakami really slows down the pacing.

Rimuru vs Hinata is likely gonna be Episode 5. Episode 4 will still have the Dwargon stuff, the Farmus stuff, and they're going to properly introduce Mjurran/Myulan. And I'm actually hoping they give Myulan a lot of screentime as she and Youm offers a great part of the emotional tension in this arc.

Judging by the pace, I don't think they're gonna pass the manga. This season will probably cover up to Volume 6, maybe shift some events and have it in the very early parts of Volume 7 (I don't see them ending this season with Laplace lol). The manga is currently in the start of Walpurgis already, by the time the second cour starts it will probably cover all of volume 6 at that point and is already at volume 7 unless Kawakami really slows down the pacing.
From the look at the opening I think it will finish showing Millim destrying yurazania and their deplomatic talks with the other kingdoms.And 2nd cour probably is the war between tempest and puppet kingdom and finishes with the final fight of Hinata with Rimuru and showing A glimpse of Rozzos to motivate the fans for next season

finishes with the final fight of Hinata
Not really, there is no way it's gonna ever reach Rimuru vs Hinata 2. That's gonna be for Season 3.
Walpurgis will be 2nd cour, and we might skip the Volume 6 Epilogue in exchange for Tempest scenes from Volume 7 to end the season, by hyping up the next confrontation between Hinata and Rimuru.

Not really, there is no way it's gonna ever reach Rimuru vs Hinata 2. That's gonna be for Season 3.
Walpurgis will be 2nd cour, and we might skip the Volume 6 Epilogue in exchange for Tempest scenes from Volume 7 to end the season, by hyping up the next confrontation between Hinata and Rimuru.
I’ve heard it probably won’t get to Rimuru vs Hinata 2, kinda disappointing but understandable.

Yeah because there is so much content in Volume 5-6, let alone Volume 7. That's not gonna fit in 24 episodes at all.
Well i thought that cuz the first season covered about 3.5 vollumes.Well lets see what happen.well if Hinata vs rimuru 2nd happens in season 3 then season 3 will probably finish by the festival

Watched episode 2, judging by the next episode title, looks like Rimuru vs Hinata is gonna be like episode 4.

The pacing is pretty good so far, just wonder if they plan on passing the manga, i am thinking they are do all of volume 5 in this season, and volume 6 next? Volume 7 is more of a good stopping point though.
Manga is also done with Volume 6. The anime won't start Volume 6 until June. Which will allow the manga to get well into Volume 7. So nah

Well yeah, there's still a huge chance that Yuuki would try to assassinate Michael or Feldway, and Mammon is also a wildcard and basing off the WN is a perfect foil against such opponents.

The thing is, Michael seems to be capable of acquiring all the abilities of the ones he dominated. He can even use the skills Mammon have IIRC. So I don't know how FUSE will pull that off when Yuuki is up against something that can use all of his abilities (even if he's hiding things, like how Mammon is a skill that also has an ego).

Not to mention that both Michael and Feldway are Special S Class threats individually while Yuuki was struggling against Damrada IIRC.
I'd prefer Feldway and Michael over Yuuki.

But information king Akashics record is awesome,why not.You can recreate every abilitys in the series
Yeah that shit was gay. Also **** Yuuki's bitch ass. I'm really hoping that Feldway and Michael are the focus. It's fits better thematically especially of we are to avoid the trash ending of the WN.

Yeah that shit was gay. Also **** Yuuki's bitch ass. I'm really hoping that Feldway and Michael are the focus. It's fits better thematically especially of we are to avoid the trash ending of the WN.
I also thinking of other possibilities like they sacrifice themselves to reborn veldanava and he becomes the final boss,lol

Did some editing and adding extra justifications for Rimuru. I believe there should be some tabbers for Food Chain, next to his regular P&A's. Next should be a tabber for his Ultimate Skill resistances.

There are generally a lot of details missing in the pages, like Ruminas's and Granbell's Uniques/Ultimates and that both of them have mythical-grade weapons. I can't remember what else are missing and I don't have the time to scour the novels again.
Rimuru also has an attack called Storm Breaker. He only used it once so far though.

There are generally a lot of details missing in the pages, like Ruminas's and Granbell's Uniques/Ultimates and that both of them have mythical-grade weapons. I can't remember what else are missing and I don't have the time to scour the novels again.
Rimuru also has an attack called Storm Breaker. He only used it once so far though.
What does it do? And yeah, lot's of missing justifications too. Hate leaving powers unjustified.

Granbell has Unyielding One, which became Hope King Sariel.
Ruminas has Lust, which became Lustful King Asmodeus.

Both basically has the same power, Life and Death Manip. I think these are in the powers and abilites section already though.

Ruminas have Nightrose, a saber. Granbell has Longsword of Truth.

Rimuru's Storm Breaker is basically Melt Slash but instead of holy magic, he uses Veldora's Storm Magic instead. He used it to one-shot Yuuki, though he was also kinda holding back.

Both basically has the same power, Life and Death Manip. I think these are in the powers and abilites section already though.

Rimuru's Storm Breaker is basically Melt Slash but instead of holy magic, he uses Veldora's Storm Magic instead. He used it to one-shot Yuuki, though he was also kinda holding back.
Also, Veldora should resist Holy Manipulation, Statistics Reduction, Law Manipulation, and Power Nullification. He says his sheer size wouldn't allow for the Holy Field to work on him, and even if it did he regenerates magicules too fast for them to be purified. Should scale to the other True Dragons as well.

Well we don't have profiles for them yet so lol
I know somebody was mentioned here who already made a sandbox? for Veldora and Milim, both of which should be fine having a profile. Velgrynd's feats are in V14-16 and Velzard doesn't do much at all, although both sisters are explicitly stronger than Veldora.

Also, Veldora should resist Holy Manipulation, Statistics Reduction, Law Manipulation, and Power Nullification. He says his sheer size wouldn't allow for the Holy Field to work on him, and even if it did he regenerates magicules too fast for them to be purified. Should scale to the other True Dragons as well.
Well the abundance of magicules is exclusively Veldora. Though I am pretty sure he fought Hinata in human form. Regardless he either gets Spiritual Attack Nullification or already had it by V15/16. I guess its more so talking about Holy Magic not spiritual attacks but I thought I'd mention it since a lot Holy Magic utilizes Spirit Particles (like almost all of it).

Yeah we don't know much about Sariel but since Chloe has acquired it as a result of her seemingly endless journey through time and space. Well probably gets more of its abilities soon. Although maybe not since they'll have to change its Angelic aspect so that Chronoa and Chloe can function.

Shouldn't all characters with Ultra-speed regeneration get Immortality Type 3? Like Shion, Phobio, and Charybdis.

Also, how to we deal with Perfect Memory again? I don't remember the exact details, but isn't it also some form of immortality? Not sure though
Chloe has acquired it as a result of her seemingly endless journey through time and space.
Didn't Granbell give it to her through Ruminas, though? Or was this the reason why she was able to acquire it? I think her endless journey also has something to do with the Hero's Eggs.
Honestly not a big fan of Chloe getting all of these powerups only to do **** all in the Empire arc lol. I would've much preferred if Hinata got Sariel and kept her Hero's Egg even if it means she's gonna be an antagonist again in Volume 18 and so on. I just don't see the endgame or purpose for Chloe getting this much buff only for her to be nerfed because of Michael (or is this the reason?)

I'd like to know more about Lustful King Asmodeus, only thing we know about it is its Rebirth sub-skill which was just a really powerful healing/resurrection spell.

Well the abundance of magicules is exclusively Veldora. Though I am pretty sure he fought Hinata in human form. Regardless he either gets Spiritual Attack Nullification or already had it by V15/16. I guess its more so talking about Holy Magic not spiritual attacks but I thought I'd mention it since a lot Holy Magic utilizes Spirit Particles (like almost all of it).
Please stop spamming my comments with likes, it’s unnecessary on my notifications.

Shouldn't all characters with Ultra-speed regeneration get Immortality Type 3? Like Shion, Phobio, and Charybdis.

Also, how to we deal with Perfect Memory again? I don't remember the exact details, but isn't it also some form of immortality? Not sure though

Didn't Granbell give it to her through Ruminas, though? Or was this the reason why she was able to acquire it? I think her endless journey also has something to do with the Hero's Eggs.
Honestly not a big fan of Chloe getting all of these powerups only to do **** all in the Empire arc lol. I would've much preferred if Hinata got Sariel and kept her Hero's Egg even if it means she's gonna be an antagonist again in Volume 18 and so on. I just don't see the endgame or purpose for Chloe getting this much buff only for her to be nerfed because of Michael (or is this the reason?)

I'd like to know more about Lustful King Asmodeus, only thing we know about it is its Rebirth sub-skill which was just a really powerful healing/resurrection spell.
Perfect Memory just allows individuals to think and act without a material body. It provides a similar effect that having a nucleus core does but it doesn't make them immortality. Just means that they regen as souls.

No it wasn't because of Granbell, well him dying thus giving it up was obviously important but otherwise it was just the VotW.

It wasn't the Hero Eggs. Chloe is more fitting a Hero than Hinata and her presence is far more relevant to Rimuru. She hasn't mastered anything and is getting consequences so she can fight people like Velzado later. When you think about it besides himself there's only two True Dragon level individuals on his side. Being Veldora and Chloe. (Excluding Velgyrnd because she's not exclusively with him).

Just means that they regen as souls.
By this site's standards that would still be immortality (since that's Type 3, Regeneration). Possibly other types too since they can seemingly live as souls despite the destruction of their physical bodies.
Hell, regen as souls might even count as Low Godly regen, but I'm still confused by that considering they only have Ultra-speed which is High regen for their physical bodies (still Immortality Type 3 though, since molecular regen)

No it wasn't because of Granbell, well him dying thus giving it up was obviously important but otherwise it was just the VotW.
I must've misunderstood the scene then.
I was positive that Granbell somehow gave Sariel to Ruminas, who then transferred it to Chloe as Granbell requested, and Ruminas seemingy used Sariel as the energy source for reviving Hinata since the entire resurrection and transfer of soul required massive amoung of magicules. Even Rimuru noticed that the energy exchanged seemed to be way too big compared to the energy that was consumed for the operation, but didn't dare to question Ruminas about it at that moment. Later on, Leon couldn't shut his trap about it.
Granted the entire thing was vague but that was how I interpreted it when I read it.
She hasn't mastered anything and is getting consequences so she can fight people like Velzado later.
Eh, what I said still applies. Hinata arguably has equal level of experience (in the last loop), and even spent hundreds of years alone as the Chosen Hero when Chloe's consciousness faded (IIRC she was also holding back Chronoa on her own) and, while it was Chloe's body, Hinata defeated Veldora. Hinata also acted as basically like a Manas to Chloe. It's just a massive wasted potential for Hinata to lose her Hero's Egg, when FUSE could've easily written Hinata to overcome the hurdles that kept her from ascending into a Chosen Hero which would be far more interesting than giving it to Chloe.

The only thing that makes this thing better is that Hinata wasn't entirely nerfed, and in fact seemingly became stronger as she still carries all that experience from the last time loop. It could potentially make Hinata surpass even peak Granbell without the Sariel, although, like Chloe, she doesn't do much in the Empire arc.

I know that Chloe will perform in the Tenma War, everyone probably will lol. Just that it's undeniably disappointing that the character built up in the previous volumes especially in Volume 11 and 12, did **** all in 13-16. It just looked like FUSE didn't know what to do with this overpowered character he created who logically can probably fight Velgrynd on her own lol.

Regeneration from the soul depends on the context to be Low-Godly; just. If the regeneration's source is just the soul with no additional context that described the character can survive complete physical destruction leaving nothing behind like atoms or particles, the regeneration isn't low-godly.
  • Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

In the Ultra-speed's context, from Rimuru's phrase on Orc Disaster's similar regeneration, it is implied that reduced the character to atoms will kill them. So, there is no Low-Godly regeneration from those points.

Back