• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

I interpreted it as there is no space in between Rimuru and the rest of the world, like it's been ripped. So conventional attacks might not work against it since attacks have no space to travel to. Holy Manipulation users work since they can bypass space-time barrier altogether. Could be wrong though, that's just how I understood it.

I remember comparisons between Absolute Defense and Infinite Prison's barrier, but can't access quotes as of now so ignore this for now.
Some Holy Magicules use spirit particles as their power source. Holy attacks all follow the premise of "purifying" magicules and operate upon faith. Spiritual attacks (at least those that utilize spirit particles) do not operate this way. Faith isn't a factor and it doesn't have the purification effect. But since they can overlap people tend to be confused and treat them similarly.

It just predicts the future only with 100% certainty, from its descriptions, in the Light Novel. The fight against Veldora pretty much reaffirms it is the case when Veldora used Probability Manipulation to change its outcome, in Volume 15. Raphael/Great Sage's previous precognition was basically precognition from the sheer calculation.
That's what I am saying. Even IF you wanted to say he's "seeing" fate. He isn't manipulating in any way. "They are destined to hit" because he is literally seeing the outcome via knowing where someone will strike before they do it.

This is what I keep trying to mention.

"The terrifying property of this skill is not to predict, but whatever it predicts is destined to happen."

Even the page for clairvoyance isn't describing what Rimuru's PFA is.
Lets actually read the full context.
This indicates that it is unable to predict the incoming attack path, meaning that it will be a complex attack from the enemy. In simplier terms, low level attacks such as a feint can all be predicted. But since Hinata has mastered the art of sword, she also able to strike out unpredictable attacks. The terrifying property of this skill is not its ability to predict, but that whatever it predicts is destined to happen. It is not a prediction of an attack that is most likely to occur, instead, once successfully predicted, the attack will definitely land on the predicted path.
So let's go over why these are just predictions based on some form of calculation.
  • So even with [Predict Future Attack] there are attacks that cannot be predicted. Why can't they be predicted? It says if an attack is too "complex" it may not be predicted. What counts as a "complex attack"? Well, it says things like feints can be predicted but Hinata's "mastery" with the sword allows her to make attacks that he cannot predict.
  • If an attack is predicted will it always land? Yes. That's what it meant when it said "destined to happen" but just Rimuru's way of describing it. He's not saying it all destiny/fate or something. Besides Rimuru isn't even a very good source for his abilities at this point. Especially not when he just got this ability and Raphel didn't tell him. He just made inductions based upon his observations.
Predict Future Attack is a skill that tries to predict future attacks based on the visual information provided by the user. In other words, it creates several possible outcomes based on observations and calculations. However, if an attack is completely analyzed then the probability of its intended direction becomes 100%. That doesn't mean every analyzed attack is a hundred percent though, depending on the skill of the opponent they made able to "fool" the calculations.
It seems that these light trails indicate all the possible paths of attacks that the enemy can go for under the circumstances with the attacks following the direction of the trails. I tried it for several more times and discovered that sometimes the light trails would not glow.
Anyway, this shit isn't fate manipulation. The only thing that even alludes to such a thing is Rimuru using the word "destined". But that's literally just Rimuru's rhetoric and diction at play. Besides that, if you just read the full description, it's nothing like fate at all. If it was fate manipulation why does the light represent possibilities? Only when one glows does that mean it's the most probable outcome hence the guaranteed to land. Why are would there be unpredictable attacks if he's manipulating fate? There shouldn't unless Hinata also has fate manipulation. Even then there would only be a single outcome rather than multiple that could happen. I digress, this shit is pretty obvious at this point.

To use Holy Magic you need to understand and controlling Spirit Particle that's why normally you need to make a contract with spirit which is Holy Spirit(聖霊) as a medium to use Holy Magic. V8.5

Ruminas and Rimuru who already understand and can control the Spirit Particle can act as a medium insteed of Holy Spirit using “Ultimate Secret of faith and grace” so other people like their subordinate can use Holy Magic using their "name".

It's between the barrier and the user. Its Multi-Dimensional Barrier where it's between each layer.
Well Multi-Dimensional Barrier is different tho.
I mean...it doesn't use severed space anymore but severed/gap of dimension...it's called Dimension Fault or smh.

Last edited:
I remember when I made that profile months ago. I asked multiple times if being the protagonist of his own story event was enough to get a profile, but no one ever answered me.

So this Rimuru appears in a mobile game for Taizai correct? And has a story event, what is the story of the game in general, is it like it's own thing that doesn't really acknowledge stuff that happens in Taizai? Or does it follow the lore?

Trying to figure out if it where it fits according to our Crossovers page.

So this Rimuru appears in a mobile game for Taizai correct? And has a story event, what is the story of the game in general, is it like it's own thing that doesn't really acknowledge stuff that happens in Taizai? Or does it follow the lore?

Trying to figure out if it where it fits according to our Crossovers page.
Eh, it's kinda hard to tell. The game is basically impossible to place in the timeline beyond "before the War Arc", and it follows a group of original characters doing their own stuff and quests on which they meet the Sins, the Holy Knights, the Demon Clan, Rimuru and others. Rimuru has his own story event, where he's the focus. I asked if this followed the rules or not and no one answered me, and since I saw other profiles that were also based on story events from other games (such as Super Robot Wars Godzilla), I just assumed it was fine.

Nope and nope. Put anyone in Slime against a Non-Existence Physiology or Abstract Existence Type 2 Character and they will be stomped.

Interestingly, a recently awakened demon lord character had enough energy to destroy a continent, in Volume 17 chapter 2. So, maybe, this point could work as additional evidence for 6-A and where the awakened demon lord characters would be.

A couple of statements about the like of Diablo having no issues destroying nations would support the rating but a lower scale; I will try to post scans later.
Edit:

Last edited:
Interestingly, a recently awakened demon lord character had enough energy to destroy a continent, in Volume 17 chapter 2. So, maybe, this point could work as additional evidence for 6-A and where the awakened demon lord characters would be.

A couple of statements about the like of Diablo having no issues destroying nations would support the rating but a lower scale; I will try to post scans later.
Edit:
Also a great feat for Velgrynd for not only no-selling but hat continent-busting attack but dissipating its entire force so that it only affected the shelter they were in. And that was just one Parellel Existence out of I believe 5.
However I think it was also mentioned that that continent was a small one, but still a continent nonetheless.

Also, I believe Season 2 Episode 1 is now out in Japan.

While a lot of the users I've seen in the old wiki forum don't seem to be active here, I think there might be an influx of guests checking out profiles especially for characters like Hinata. Maybe.

Calling it now, somebody will pop up again, demanding Rimuru be 2-A.

As for LN sales, Demon Slayer completely destroyed everything last year, with all the hype behind it, Re Zero i think was #2, idk where slime was.

Slime is 12th Best Selling Media Franchise in Japan 2020 (includes everything, novels, manga, etc.) Slime has like 5 different manga spin-offs and apparently all of them have really good sales. I think it's the only Isekai that made the Top 30.

For LN sales, Slime was #3. #4 was SAO and #5 was Kusuriya no Hitorigoto.

Funniest thing is Demon Slayer still sold more than the rest of the Top 5 combined.

I saw a post on reddit once about outerversal Rimuru, not sure if it was just 1-A or Tier 0.

So, this year is gonna be Slime vs Re Zero, who gets the biggest boost from their anime, slime is gonna be airing almost all year, so probably has the edge.

Finished episode 1 of season, op and ed are good, and they definitely are taking their time with adapting the content. Rimuru vs Hinata probably won't be till like episode 3 maybe?

We see Shion lifting a tree, pretty sure that's like a class 5 lifting feat, consistent with what's been stated.

Last edited:
Also a great feat for Velgrynd for not only no-selling but hat continent-busting attack but dissipating its entire force so that it only affected the shelter they were in. And that was just one Parellel Existence out of I believe 5.
However I think it was also mentioned that that continent was a small one, but still a continent nonetheless.
I don't remember Veldrybd's parallel existence; I checked yes; it is the smallest continent but true it is a continent. Even using the Low-ball of Surface Area of Australia, the feat would be High 6-B at around 308 Teratons. Using the diameter approach, if the continent's radius is approximate to be like around 1.05 larger, the feat is 6-A.

To be honest, I am slightly uneasy that Australia would be treated as the continent by itself. From what I saw and learned, other countries are included like shown here are under Australia. Regarding that calculation, the feat is 6-A since the length from the sea would be in the radius with New Guinea and Australia's farthest point. I guess this point is overall another topic.

I don't remember Veldrybd's parallel existence; I checked yes; it is the smallest continent but true it is a continent. Even using the Low-ball of Surface Area of Australia, the feat would be High 6-B at around 308 Teratons. Using the diameter approach, if the continent's radius is approximate to be like around 1.05 larger, the feat is 6-A.
After losing the fight, Pulcinella revealed that he had his men prepare nukes to detonate in each country/major superpower. Velgrynd revealed that she will never leave Rudra's reincarnation's side so the one who was in Atlantis was a parallel existence. There are 5 major superpowers IIRC, and Velgrynd stated that she has already diffused all the bombs due to Parallel Existence. So there were at least 6 Velgrynds moving around, one in Japan with Rudra, one in AmericaAzalea, one in RussiaRuziam, one in Arcia, one in China, and the one in Atlantis.

I'm not sure whether the Parallel Existences were already in effect before or after Pulcinella's continent-busting attack though. Divine Flame King Cthugah would've let Velgrynd locate all the bombs with her PE even after Pulcinella said it, I think.

That would be the next one, Volume 12, but it has been stuck to 74% complete for a while in Tensura Fan.
I'm convinced they were just manipulating time, though, or stopping it.

Has anyone tried to make a profile for guys and gals like Milim, Veldora, and the other Primordials yet? I know a lot of them don't have much feats but so is Ruminas and she has a profile (before she got feats in V11).

Milim and Guy would probably be planet level based on Vol. 17.

Would the profiles be based on what's currently translated so far or the untranslated/machine translations?

If it's just supporting evidence, i don't mind if untranslated stuff is used, issue becomes when you based the entire profile off those.

Slime is a very dense series, a lot happens in just 1 volume, you can't just half ass it and say upgrade a character to a certain level and then not bother documenting all the powers gained before the upgrade.

Anyway imo a Guy profile is a no since we know nothing about his abilities, like at all, in the translated stuff so far, i don't mind a Milim or Veldora profile based on what's currently translated.

That would be the next one, Volume 12, but it has been stuck to 74% complete for a while in Tensura Fan.
I'm convinced they were just manipulating time, though, or stopping it.

Has anyone tried to make a profile for guys and gals like Milim, Veldora, and the other Primordials yet? I know a lot of them don't have much feats but so is Ruminas and she has a profile (before she got feats in V11).

Milim and Guy would probably be planet level based on Vol. 17.
I would hope not, really want those infinite/immeasurable slime feats. But nice, 74% means it should be coming like next month or early March.

Yeah, Patricio has prototype Veldora and Milim profiles. I don't wanna use untranslated stuff, to be honest.

If we're only basing it off the properly translated volumes, only Milim and Veldora will have enough for their profiles. Arguably the Primordial Trio too but they only just appeared and don't have much feats as of Volume 11, at best Testarossa has statements of being comparable to Diablo for her AP.

Milim has a lot of feats all throughout the translated volumes, so it would be fine for her. Volume 17 is the best translated out of all the machine translations, and it has a supporting statements from Rain's side story about Milim and Guy destroying the planet if it wasn't for Rain and Mizari (and perhaps Velzard) creating a barrier around what is now the Barren Lands, and Ramiris's intervention.

Which version of the translations does "Arch Daemon" and "Daemon Lord" for Diablo's keys come from? The fan translations use "demon", and either "Arch Demon" or "Greater Demon General" for the previous form, and either "Demon Peer" or "Demon Noble" in the second form.

Also, some of the summaries in the profiles are either outdated, too short, or there are minor errors (like "Lubelis" in Hinata's profile or some grammar in Adalman's). I think Diablo's and Ruminas's profile summaries should be tagged as spoilers along with other characters who only made recent appearances in the manga or haven't appeared yet, IMO.

Last edited:
Back