• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Here are my suggestions for the summaries. Some are just minor edits, some are additions or changes.
Rimuru Tempest, formerly known as Mikami Satoru, is the main protagonist of Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken. He is an Otherworlder reincarnated as a slime, and the sworn friend of the Storm Dragon Veldora Tempest.
He is the founder and King of the Monster Country, also known as the "Jura Tempest Federation" or simply "Tempest". His former students call him Sensei.
(Spoiler) During the events of Volume 5 and 6, Rimuru would evolve into an Awakened Demon Lord, becoming a member of the reformed group of demon lords known as the Octagram or Eight Star Demon Lords. Rimuru rules the entire Great Jura Forest as his territory and becomes known to the world as Demon Lord Rimuru.

(Spoiler) Ruminas Valentine, also known as the True God Ruminas, is one of the Eight Star Demon Lords, the real identity of the God of the Western Saints Church and Demon Lord Valentine, and the true ruler of the Holy Empire Ruberios.
Classification: Awakened Demon Lord

Ranga is a loyal subordinate and personal mount of Rimuru Tempest, being one of the first monsters to be given a name by Rimuru. He is a Tempest Star Wolf and the leader of the Tempest Wolves.

Souei is one of the six Kijin who were named by Rimuru. He serves as Rimuru's Covert Agent, leading his own intelligence-gathering department of the Jura-Tempest Federation.

Shuna is one of the six Kijin who were named by Rimuru. Despite not often engaging in combat, she is extremely skilled and talented in magic. She is also the head of Tempest's Department of Production and one of Rimuru's economic advisors.
Name: Oni Princess.
Classification: Same as the other Kijins/Oni.

Shion is is one of the six kijin who were named by Rimuru, and also his first servant to be in charge of his care as his personal secretary. She is a terrible cook.
(Spoiler) She was killed during Farmus Kingdom's invasion of Tempest while trying to protect the citizens. Upon Rimuru resurrecting her, she became a powerful Oni and the leader of the resurrected immortals known as Yomigaeri.

Hakuro should get Demon Swordsman and Sword Ogre for his names.

Gabiru is one of the fifth group of subordinates to be named by Rimuru Tempest. Formerly the captain of Lizardmen warriors, he was exiled by his father the King for leading a coup. Now he primarily works as a medical researcher in Tempest's Production Department.

(Spoiler) Diablo is the Black Primordial Noir, one of the first Daemons in existence and the progenitor of the "black bloodline" of Daemons. After being summoned and named by Rimuru Tempest, he materialized and evolved from an Arch Daemon into a Daemon Lord, and became Rimuru's second secretary. Diablo is extremely loyal to Rimuru to the point of fanaticism. In the events of Volume 11, he recruits three other Primordial Daemons as well as his and their select legion of daemons to form the Black Numbers, Tempest's strongest unit.

Treyni is one of the dryad wardens of the Great Jura Forest, and serves as the guardian of the treants, the living tree people. She was also one of the Spirit Queen's servants.
She is a shrewd individual who prioritizes the protection of the Forest, partially responsible for Rimuru's ascent as leader of the Jura-Tempest Federation.

Adalman is the Guardian of Demon Lord Clayman's domain, bound by a spell of the Curse Lord Kazaream. Originally a human sage, he was completely devoted to the True God Ruminas before being betrayed by the Seven Celestial Sages into fighting a losing battle against an undead army, becoming an undead himself in the process.
(Spoiler) After being defeated and freed by Shuna, he defected to Tempest and diverted his fanaticism towards Demon Lord Rimuru instead.

Carillon is the King of the Beast Kingdom Yuurazania and one of the members of the Ten Great Demon Lords.
(Spoiler) During the events of Volume 5 and 6, Clayman incited a conflict between Carillon and Milim Nava, resulting to the Beast King's disappearance and his country being destroyed. It was revealed that he survived during the Walpurgis Banquet, and decided to step down from his position as a Demon Lord and became one of Milim's followers.

Sakaguchi Hinata is an otherworlder and one of Shizu’s old apprentices. She is the leader of the Ten Great Saints and commands both the Holy Knight Order of the Western Saints Church and the Imperial Guards of the Holy Empire Ruberios. Also known as Hinata the Saint, she is a loyal follower of the True God Ruminas and singlehandedly reformed the Holy Knights to become protectors of humanity.
Classification: Commander of the Holy Knights and Imperial Guards. Sage. | Same as before. Saint.

Glenda Adley addition: [Spoilers] In the events of Volume 10, she becomes employed in Tempest under Souei, and was involved in the Three Drunk Sages' subjugation of the Western underworld. (Note, Three Drunk Sages is in the untranslated part of the novels).

Yuuki Kagurazaka is an Otherworlder who had transmigrated into this world by accident and is the Grandmaster of the Freedom Association Guild, which is the highest authority within the organization. He was one of Shizue Izawa's first students alongside Hinata.
(Spoiler) In later volumes, he is revealed to be scheming "That Lord" that Clayman and the Moderate Clown Troupe serve, is an associate of Granbell Rosso, and secretly the leader of the powerful underworld organization Cerberus based on the Eastern Empire. His dream is world domination, making him one of the major antagonists of the story.
Name: "That Lord"

Mariabell Rosso is the granddaughter of Granbell Rosso and a Reincarnated Otherworlder. Like Rimuru, she retains memories of her past life, and uses her experience of being once a ruler to aid the Rossos in their grand schemes.
Classification: Otherworld-Reincarnator.

Granbell Rosso is the current head of the Rosso Family of Siltrozzo. He assumes the identity of Gran, the head of the ‘Seven Celestial Sages in Ruberios. He is also the leader of the Five Elders which controls the Western State Council and influences the Western Nations as a whole.
Over a thousand of years prior, he had an inconclusive battle with Ruminas Valentine, and decided to serve under her rule.

Alvis, also known as the Golden Snake Horn, is one of the three Beastkeeters, the strongest beastmen under the command of the Demon Lord Carillon. (Note: Golden Snakehorn in YP)

Sufia, also known as the White Tiger Fang, is one of the three Beastkeeters, the strongest beastmen under the command of the Demon Lord Carillon. (Note: Snowy Tigerclaw in YP, her name is spelled Suphia in Tensura Fan)

Phobio, also known as the Black Panther Tooth, is one of the three Beastkeeters, the strongest beastmen under the command of the Demon Lord Carillon. (Note: Black Leopard Fang in YP)

Tell me if you guys object, or if the summaries are too long, or if I should've made a CRT instead. The parts with (spoiler) means they'll be spoiler-tagged in the profiles themselves, if that's possible.

Last edited:
Which version of the translations does "Arch Daemon" and "Daemon Lord" for Diablo's keys come from? The fan translations use "demon", and either "Arch Demon" or "Greater Demon General" for the previous form, and either "Demon Peer" or "Demon Noble" in the second form.
It's first introduced in V11 illustration with the Primordial and introduced again by Grey(dunno about his vsb account) from Discord to Slime Wiki.

It's actually more "appropriate" translation imo and can avoid confusion. Bcs the ruby text of it actually use デーモン, dēmon (Daemon) instead of デモン, demon. Example is アークデーモン (Arch Daemon) compared to デモンスライム (Demon Slime). Daemon Lord or デーモンロード is the ruby text for 悪魔公 or Daemon Peer/Noble.

Well in the end, both are correct no matter which one you use. It's just a matter of preference.

Last edited:
It's actually more "appropriate" translation imo and can avoid confusion. Bcs the ruby text of it actually use デーモン, dēmon (Daemon) instead of デモン, demon. Example is アークデーモン (Arch Daemon) compared to デモンスライム (Demon Slime). Daemon Lord or デーモンロード is the ruby text for 悪魔公 or Daemon Peer/Noble.
Thought so.
Just that people will always draw a connection between "Daemon Lord" and "Demon Lord", so I had to ask. I always see people being confused about the Demon race and the Daemon Lord title with the Demon Lord evolution.
Personally, I prefer the most prominent/popular terms being used but I'm not really against any of them.

Last edited:
I am neutral; though, I don't think you necessarily needed to have the things in parentheses. You could probably make a small CRT on the matter the current slime CRT is done for more inputs. I don't believe the change would be controversial since they would be just editing summaries so you probably won't need staff's inputs.
Alright.
I might be misreading your words, are you saying that the parentheses aren't needed, or the things in the parentheses aren't needed to be added to the profiles?
If it's the former, I meant that the ones after the (Spoiler) are gonna be spoiler-tagged. Like something similar to the Dante Zogratis profile, just to make the profiles less spoilery (like Ruminas' profile). I'll just copy the source code for Dante's profile since I don't know how to make that table.
Or maybe we can just leave it as it is, it's just a suggestion.

Last edited:
I saw; the map seems interesting. I am interested if I could found the diameter of the countries from the corresponding length of the square. The length would be more accurate to get the full AP since the countries are longer than would be their radius or diameter as a circle.
Using the surface area of a country is more appropriate when the size of a country, for example, is closer to a circle.

I feel at face value the feat for destroying a large country like El Dorado could still be 6-A, from the diameter.

To be fair, the method and result should be posted to be evaluated on the wiki under a (credited) calc blog if we ever want to use the calculation for the profile

Last edited:
I saw; the map seems interesting. I am interested if I could found the diameter of the countries from the corresponding length of the square. The length would be more accurate to get the full AP since the countries are longer than would be their radius or diameter as a circle.
Using the surface area of a country is more appropriate when the size of a country, for example, is closer to a circle.

I feel at face value the feat for destroying a large country like El Dorado could still be 6-A, from the diameter.

To be fair, the method and result should be posted to be evaluated on the wiki under a (credited) calc blog if we ever want to use the calculation for the profile
The method was just 1:500 kilometer scale, basically every square has 500km in dimensions, so each individual square is 250.000km^2.
It's just a rough estimate.
I think the accepted calculations being used currently are fine. I just found this interesting and that it could possibly be useful in the future, can also work a a rough reference.

So, this year is gonna be Slime vs Re Zero, who gets the biggest boost from their anime, slime is gonna be airing almost all year, so probably has the edge.

Finished episode 1 of season, op and ed are good, and they definitely are taking their time with adapting the content. Rimuru vs Hinata probably won't be till like episode 3 maybe?

We see Shion lifting a tree, pretty sure that's like a class 5 lifting feat, consistent with what's been stated.
Episode 5 or 6 I'd say

So, this year is gonna be Slime vs Re Zero, who gets the biggest boost from their anime, slime is gonna be airing almost all year, so probably has the edge.
Definitely Slime, imo. It’s already the One Piece of isekai, outselling virtually everything and the fact that it has not one, but two adaptations coming, it’s going to be up there with KNY, and JJK on Weekly Oricon sales, I believe.

Just a thought, although this is based on Volume 17.
There are weak worlds that could be blown away by a True Dragon if it unleashed all of its strength, and there were desolate worlds where angels and demons comparable to awakened Demon Lords were in constant conflict. (Vol. 17, Chapter 2)
Is it possible that this means the Cardinal World is just simply more "durable" than other worlds?
I know that another popular, possible interpretation to this is a True Dragon simply life-wiping the planet, but I think there's little to no context that supports that.

First off, let's take this statement more literally and consider True Dragons capable of blowing away worlds by unleashing their strength.
Meanwhile, we know that even a True Dragon that's holding back its power from leaking out affects the Cardinal world on a continental scale, even reaching planetary. Velzard keeps the Frozen Continent frozen, and she fought Guy Crimson and ended up freezing the entire planet (and they moved it from its axis). Velgrynd is apparently responsible for the volcanic systems in El Dorado. And Veldora supposedly doesn't even bother hiding his flow of energy, which IIRC has been stated to affect the weather globally.

But none of them have actually destroyed the Cardinal World.

We know that magic energy makes everything strong in general, whether it's a living (humans, majins, animals/beasts, or literal grass) or a non-living thing (like swords and weapons). It's just a matter of whether certain things can absorb magicules better or not. Magic Swords over time become mythical grade. Ranga becomes a Tempest Star Wolf by sitting on his ass exposed to Rimuru's magicules. This follows the same principle. The world, planet, or universe just being an inexhaustible cycle of magic energy makes it more "durable" or something along those lines.

This isn't necessarily a direct scale, but basically, the more magic the world has, obviously the stronger it is.

Is it possible that this means the Cardinal World is just simply more "durable" than other worlds?
I know that another popular, possible interpretation to this is a True Dragon simply life-wiping the planet, but I think there's little to no context that supports that.

First off, let's take this statement more literally and consider True Dragons capable of blowing away worlds by unleashing their strength.
Meanwhile, we know that even a True Dragon that's holding back its power from leaking out affects the Cardinal world on a continental scale, even reaching planetary. Velzard keeps the Frozen Continent frozen, and she fought Guy Crimson and ended up freezing the entire planet (and they moved it from its axis). Velgrynd is apparently responsible for the volcanic systems in El Dorado. And Veldora supposedly doesn't even bother hiding his flow of energy, which IIRC has been stated to affect the weather globally.

We know that magic energy makes everything strong in general, whether it's a living (humans, majins, animals/beasts, or literal grass) or a non-living thing (like swords and weapons). It's just a matter of whether certain things can absorb magicules better or not. Magic Swords over time become mythical grade. Ranga becomes a Tempest Star Wolf by sitting on his ass exposed to Rimuru's magicules. This follows the same principle. The world, planet, or universe just being an inexhaustible cycle of magic energy makes it more "durable" or something along those lines.

This isn't necessarily a direct scale, but basically, the more magic the world has, obviously the stronger it is.
Well its probably more durable cuz all universes strongest beings are living in the axis or Cardinal world and doing whatever they want, their magic should have effected But what do you think about world?is it just planet?from the looks of vollume 17 it seems like planet to me.No tier upgrade of rimuru 😭.I hope it will better explained in fan Translation

As much as universal slime sounds so sweet, in this context it really sounds like planet to me. The only times worlds are used synonymously to universes was in reference to Velgrynd's travels. At the very least there is a statement that the Slime multiverse is composed of "countless worlds", in this context they are universes.

Even if they're universes it would be outliers, since most feats we have are more consistent with continental to planetary scale. Maybe even star level.

As much as universal slime sounds so sweet, in this context it really sounds like planet to me. The only times worlds are used synonymously to universes was in reference to Velgrynd's travels. At the very least there is a statement that the Slime multiverse is composed of "countless worlds", in this context they are universes.

Even if they're universes it would be outliers, since most feats we have are more consistent with continental to planetary scale. Maybe even star level.
Yup thats true.The only thing thats looked more like universe was the whole slime cosmology.As vollume 15 said Rudras soul fragment spread throughout the whole world.letter the soul was spread throughout many worlds in vollume 17.So its probably a single universe this time.Not sure though.They are taking a lot of time to complete the Vollume 12 fantl

What is the cardinal world?

The method was just 1:500 kilometer scale, basically every square has 500km in dimensions, so each individual square is 250.000km^2.
It's just a rough estimate.
I think the accepted calculations being used currently are fine. I just found this interesting and that it could possibly be useful in the future, can also work a a rough reference.
Neat, my brain got tired earlier so I didn't think of it. From a rough calculation, El Dorado's destruction is 6-A (Units are in megatons). Tough, 500km might be inaccurate. There some statements about the distance of train tracks to some countries regarding the Tempest (Volume 12, Chapter 2). However, it not uncertain what the location specifically. The issue that I found is when I used one distance and pixel scaling for another, the entire pixel is doesn't work, from another map. Just keeping this point brief, I talked to others who believe the map of the world is not up to proper scale,

Last edited:
Yeah I've noticed it too that the map itself probably can't be pixel-scaled since I remembered that in-universe distance from Tempest to Dwargon.

We just have to rely on in-universe statements and visual comparison based on the map, but probably no pixel-scaling.

Yes it is...i mean just from this citation alone we already knew how durable the Magic Continent(Cardinal World) is bcs of Magicules.
"Normal, hard rocks were already three hundred times harder than cement, and with magicules infused into the rock base of the colosseum, it became ten thousand times that. It was two meters thick alone, and its hardness put nuclear blast shelters to shame." – Volume 9

Yes it is...i mean just from this citation alone we already knew how durable the Magic Continent(Cardinal World) is bcs of Magicules.
"Normal, hard rocks were already three hundred times harder than cement, and with magicules infused into the rock base of the colosseum, it became ten thousand times that. It was two meters thick alone, and its hardness put nuclear blast shelters to shame." – Volume 9
I forgot the context for these. Are these just, like, average rocks? Or are they rocks specifically created for when Rimuru made the coliseum?

Yes, looking back, it seems somewhat confusing. I feel like it would be better to check the raws.

Lol I'm still confused whether the normal, hard rocks were really just 300x harder normally, or they became that because of the previous paragraph of "compressing the hard rock into a cube".
It's still kind of in line with magicule making things tougher in general though.
Probably a similar statement to the WN where the made stone like exponentially more durable for the tournament.

Probably a similar statement to the WN where the made stone like exponentially more durable for the tournament.
I mean Rimuru already did that by infusing the stones with magicules and made them ten thousands of times harder/more durable.
The issue being the "normal, hard rocks" were already three hundred times harder than cement and whether these were just what they were originally or there was a process prior that made them like this (the compressing part).

Also I'm not sure the difference between rock and cement IRL, I'm sure it's a lot more complicated with MoHs and stuff like composition.

I mean Rimuru already did that by infusing the stones with magicules and made them ten thousands of times harder/more durable.
The issue being the "normal, hard rocks" were already three hundred times harder than cement and whether these were just what they were originally or there was a process prior that made them like this (the compressing part).

Also I'm not sure the difference between rock and cement IRL, I'm sure it's a lot more complicated with MoHs and stuff like composition.
Yeah but didn't he also coat the ring in a barrier for the tournament? Or am I misremebering?

Yeah but didn't he also coat the ring in a barrier for the tournament? Or am I misremebering?
On top of how hard the rock base that already infused with magicules was, they also reinforced the physical layer of that with enchatment and a double-layer defense barrier. Uriel only used in the worst-case scenario.

"I hadn’t done any real testing, but I was certain it should survive a direct nuclear magic strike without a crack. Not to mention that the physical layer was also reinforced by a magical enchantment.
Beyond that, we’d set up a double-layer defense barrier. The first layer covered the entire ground. It went all the way to the spectator seats in a large-scale magic circle. In order for it to withstand Hinata’s future battle training, I made sure it was impenetrable from the get-go.
The second barrier stretched around the inner circumference of the seating, right in front of the first row of benches where the audience sat, extending in a diameter of around fifty meters. The battleground was above the two magic circles." – Volume 9

So Volume 18 is set to be released in March 31st.
Safe to say, if Charvander is gonna work on it, we'll have machine translations in about a month after.

I'm predicting it'll be similar to Volume 12 being a info dump, character interaction-heavy and lore-based volume as a precursor to the Tenma Wars.

Also Volume 12 fan translation is like 80% complete.

So Volume 18 is set to be released in March 31st.
Safe to say, if Charvander is gonna work on it, we'll have machine translations in about a month after.

I'm predicting it'll be similar to Volume 12 being a info dump, character interaction-heavy and lore-based volume as a precursor to the Tenma Wars.

Also Volume 12 fan translation is like 80% complete.
Hah, nice. Wonder how they'll handle it differently.

Haven't read the WN aside from some of the scans in the wiki.
Did they have any emergency Walpurgis in the WN?
I'd like to see how the general public would react to it considering how Walpurgis is known by them, and that two are convened within like, less than a year?

Well yeah, there's still a huge chance that Yuuki would try to assassinate Michael or Feldway, and Mammon is also a wildcard and basing off the WN is a perfect foil against such opponents.

The thing is, Michael seems to be capable of acquiring all the abilities of the ones he dominated. He can even use the skills Mammon have IIRC. So I don't know how FUSE will pull that off when Yuuki is up against something that can use all of his abilities (even if he's hiding things, like how Mammon is a skill that also has an ego).

Not to mention that both Michael and Feldway are Special S Class threats individually while Yuuki was struggling against Damrada IIRC.

Last edited:
Back