• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Didn't the Labyrinth raid happen after Veldora came out to fight big sister?

supposedly Velgrynd who appeared in the Labyrinth was still at the time when Rimuru was facing Veldora and Velgrynd.
She wasn't still there. Raid didn't happen immediately besides Velgrynd didn't show up until the end and psst Velgrynd left before the conflict resolved (before they retreated) but after Feldway appeared next to Michael. She left soon after.

The Seraphim started attacking the labyrinth after Veldora left to confront Velgrynd. At that time, Rimuru was facing off against Rudra and Velgrynd, and Rimuru was trapped in the dream fortress.

Geld wakes up to face Gracia, as Rimuru teleports from Velgrynd's trap.

So, when Velgrynd appeared in the labyrinth, at that time Rimuru was still facing Veldora.

The Seraphim started attacking the labyrinth after Veldora left to confront Velgrynd. At that time, Rimuru was facing off against Rudra and Velgrynd, and Rimuru was trapped in the dream fortress.

Geld wakes up to face Gracia, as Rimuru teleports from Velgrynd's trap.

So, when Velgrynd appeared in the labyrinth, at that time Rimuru was still facing Veldora.
That wouldn't tell you when Velgrynd appeared or left. You have to go off Feldway since its an overlapping event that is referenced in both. Also Feldway has to leave with enough time to confront Diablo first then go Michael.

Basically there's nothing that forces there to be two Velgrynds.

OP 4 has better visuals but IMO OP 3 has the better song. Otherwise agreed.
EDs are the ones that are consistently great in Slime.

With Slime Diaries somehow having better production, I hope that branch of 8-Bit crossovers for Season 3.

OP 4 has better visuals but IMO OP 3 has the better song. Otherwise agreed.
EDs are the ones that are consistently great in Slime.

With Slime Diaries somehow having better production, I hope that branch of 8-Bit crossovers for Season 3.
OP 3 is fire. OP 4 are probably my favorite. The song has such a different tone. And its a lot more badass. Love that. But the ED....wow that was my favorite one.

I loved everything in the episode, but I don't like how much they skipped. And obviously something things were tweaked with the celebration and whatnot but that was expected with how we left off.

Well any it looked amazing. Far more in line with Kawakami which is great.

The anime, manga, and light novel definitely continue to be slightly different continuities. (Well when you add up the changes its more than slight)

Still overall a fun episode, great premiere. Probably would be slightly more enjoyable if I was ignorant.

0074.5-012.png

We may get more, but we are done for now. Veldora Journals are goat'd. Oh and turns out Raphael also helped Veldora control his aura with image training. The Soul Corridor was, unsurprisingly, established a while ago before Veldora was freed (That or Veldora meant 3 days ago when he says "long ago").
Raphael also connected Ifrit to Veldora through Soul Corridor.
Ifrit continues to train with Raphael, but he never does attain a unique skill....like Raphael wanted..hmm maybe V19.

Also Raphael either really likes Veldora and is as Veldora puts it, a tsundre. Or feels indebted to him because she goes out of her way to aid him and Ifrit when there's no real clear benefit to herself or Rimuru. Veldora even calls her out on it and she admits she wants to help him...reluctantly but still.

So.I just watched the episode 36.5 or basically a adaptation of travel journal.And it looks like anime said something interesting.

If the subtitle is correct when Rimuru became a demonlord Veldora even before unlocking ultimate skill got 345 times stronger than his previous self due to Raphels boost

If the subtitle is correct when Rimuru became a demonlord Veldora even before unlocking ultimate skill got 345 times stronger than his previous self due to Raphels boost
Yes this was in the manga too.

It's one of the earliest instances of Unique Skills getting stronger, paving way for Unique Skills that are near the Ultimate level so that those can compete with Ultimate users somehow.

Yes this was in the manga too.

It's one of the earliest instances of Unique Skills getting stronger, paving way for Unique Skills that are near the Ultimate level so that those can compete with Ultimate users somehow.
Well its really all Raphael's doing and its the only time we've seen it this extent. And we know based on the last Veldora Journal the Soul Corridor was established a while ago, so it'd explain how Raphael ampped Veldora. (By awhile ago or "long ago" as Veldora says. I think its referring to when Rimuru evolved into a TDL)

I'm thinking about how to go about explaining all that was skipped in episode 1
Bruh i don't know, eight bit does this shit all rhe time.They literally made too many mistakes in every anime they created.They literally didn't explain anything about ultimate skill and also many more

Man i really hope they nailed this scene,cuz i feels like with Rimuru design in anime it’s hard to capture that intimidation feeling from LN or manga

It's both lowkey annoying and funny how a lot of redditors dislike Hinata Sakaguchi and how their opinion of her warps their perception of her power level.
I've seen people legit say that she's:
  • Not much stronger than Prime Shizue, a person she surpassed within a month.
  • Would struggle against Razen, a guy who was only a step above Orc Disaster and whose best feat is defeating Sare, a guy that couldn't even touch Hinata.
The fact that Hinata was able to fight Roy and Louis at the same time and inflict mortal wounds against them (despite her being mortally wounded as well) should clue people in about how strong she is, and that battle happened years ago.

It's both lowkey annoying and funny how a lot of redditors dislike Hinata Sakaguchi and how their opinion of her warps their perception of her power level.
I've seen people legit say that she's:
  • Not much stronger than Prime Shizue, a person she surpassed within a month.
  • Would struggle against Razen, a guy who was only a step above Orc Disaster and whose best feat is defeating Sare, a guy that couldn't even touch Hinata.
The fact that Hinata was able to fight Roy and Louis at the same time and inflict mortal wounds against them (despite her being mortally wounded as well) should clue people in about how strong she is, and that battle happened years ago.
Wait really? Ppl really downplaying Hinata?

She's easily the most frequently downplayed character in the verse. Also often the most misunderstood and hated for not simping for Rimuru.
True...she's prob the most downplayed character in the verse. Even people still think that Hinata can't beat an entire Falmuth's army like Rimuru bcs she doesn't have any AOE attack, can't beat Razen, etc.

The most funny thing they said is quantity > quality when the verse logic literally the opposite, even stated many times that Saint at the level of Empire's Number Royal Guard can even take a million of Empire's army that attacked Tempest. While Hinata literally can be compared againts them and only lacking an Ultimate Skill/Gift.

Last edited:
Back