• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Disintegration Revision Redux

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Last time here: I believe it was EE also but I didn't point enough prove. it seems to contain Matter Manipulation or Disintegration effects, soul erasure effects, and lastly Existence Erasure.

Here:

Chapter 66 - Chance Meeting
ÒÇîOh my. You are a pain even after death… I hate you.
But, if I don't erase what you have become, I fear you'll wreak havoc upon the world…ÒÇì

Upon all of creation! Disintegration!!!ÒÇì

A power befitting a god.
Though it's not an area attack, since it targets everything from the atom to the soul, it is considered the strongest anti-personnel magic.
Upon completing the chant, a brilliant white light shot out from her hands.
A blinding light.
It traveled to the target at a speed of 300,000 km/s. Equal to the speed of light.
The skill completely vaporizes the target via holy energy. The down-side―it requires a long time to prepare.
Amidst a magic fight, or a duel, it is not a power you can use. Moreover, it requires a large amount of energy to use, and can be used at most once per day.
However, there is not a single being who could withstand this attack.
Now, the hideous slime, who barely feels any damage from the environment, has disappeared without a trace.
This is also a skill which only erases its target.

By now, the monster named Rimuru was completely forgotten.
Whether they were strong or weak, there's no use thinking about something that was erased. (Note; it was his clone)

Chapter 85- The words that reached
At some point in time Hinata had opened her previously closed eyes.
And, without a word, she erased Reihim with Disintegratio.
If Rimuru's words were true, then quickly erasing him would be his salvation.

I think the past scaling should remain the same for Hinata, Rimuru, Leon, and Yuuki; the effect would best if shortened Matter Manipulation and Existence Erasure.

Existence Erasure is the simple power to remove something from existence, leaving nothing behind, a level of destruction beyond incineration, vaporization, and atomization. Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind. Powerful enough uses of this ability can even erase the mind and soul, if not more fundamental aspects of one's existence, such as concepts.

This ability's destructive power is not absolute, and one should not assume that it can erase the soul by default. It can only be judged by what it has accomplished, and one's resistances to the ability can only be judged by the specific method by which this effect is achieved. The means vary from character to character, but the ability is often considered and listed as a subset of Void Manipulation, though it can certainly occur through the usage of other abilities.
This is the definition of EE here on VS Battles. I think it would qualify since it doesn't seem to leave anything behind. Or does it? I mean WHAT if anything would it supposedly leave behind? The text even says "targets everything". The definition also mentions that it doesn't neccessarily have to erase someone's existence on a conceptual or metaphysical level. Appearently it can even leave the soul behind and would still qualify under the VS battles definition, but in this case the soul also gets erased, so IMO it should definitly qualify for EE.

Thanks @Celestial Pegasus, I will make the change soon :)

Back