• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Power levels aren't linear, and Kaidou's Haki attacks > Z warriors' ki attacks rn
Perhaps in elevation strength this is the case but it has been seen repeatedly that a being with a greater amount of battle power can easily destroy the enhanced attacks of another ki user with a lesser amount of battle power.

Why are people talking about skill when Kaidou single-handedly stomped all the Red Scabbards together in base form? Including Denjiro who managed to casually draw with a Nitoryu-Zoro in bloodlust?
Because in his list of skills there was no mention of martial mastery or any kind.

Because in his list of skills there was no mention of martial mastery or any kind.
And? Kaido doesn't fight with empty hands, he fights with his Kanabo, it doesn't make sense to say that he would outskilled in relation to something that is not part of his combat universe. And it's not like Kaido hasn't defeated martial artists before, he defeated Luffy about 3 times in a row and even killed him by accident.

Future Sight lets him dodge.
I doubt even If he sees it coming, he could Dodge.

Mafuba is a AoE attack on the target, that is the size of the arena they in, and Kaido itself is very big so they hitting him with the Mafuba is very likely.

Because his fighting style isn't a martial artist, but he's a skilled fighter nonetheless. It's like expecting a swordsman to have master martial artist ability.
Yes, I understand that but on the other hand you could also get the "hand-to-hand master" skill or something like that which your skill list doesn't have either. This is why I continue to insist on his low combat ability in martial skill.

And? Kaido doesn't fight with empty hands, he fights with his Kanabo, it doesn't make sense to say that he would outskilled in relation to something that is not part of his combat universe. And it's not like Kaido hasn't defeated martial artists before, he defeated Luffy about 3 times in a row and even killed him by accident.
Kaido beat Luffy by higher Stats

I doubt even If he sees it coming, he could Dodge.

Mafuba is a AoE attack on the target, that is the size of the arena they in, and Kaido itself is very big so they hitting him with the Mafuba is very likely.
Not to mention that they have confirmed to us that it is an active and not a passive ability to see the future

Kaido has been a war veteran since he was a child. At another point in the fight, he used the powers of Gear 5 against Luffy himself. In fact, I don't remember a moment where Luffy overcomes Kaido in skill, he at most does speedblitz two or three times in a direct confrontation, but then he is responded to in kind.

Kaido has been a war veteran since he was a child. At another point in the fight, he used the powers of Gear 5 against Luffy himself. In fact, I don't remember a moment where Luffy overcomes Kaido in skill, he at most does speedblitz two or three times in a direct confrontation, but then he is responded to in kind.
Yes, I understand you. Obviously Kaido has had multiple battles but the thing is that he is still inferior in martial skills to the Z warriors.

Can we stop talking about skill? Cuz it's just like not a factor. It is literally the one of the least meaningful aspects, so it's weird to have a dick measuring contest about it.

Are there any Z fighter wincons? Or is this a character just got upgraded let's give him some dragon ball clout? From where I'm standing it seems like a stomp.

Are there any Z fighter wincons? Or is this a character just got upgraded let's give him some dragon ball clout? From where I'm standing it seems like a stomp.
I really don't see how this is a stomp.

For you answer, they have the Mafuba, better mobility, and ranged attacks.
And good teamwork.

Can we stop talking about skill? Cuz it's just like not a factor. It is literally the one of the least meaningful aspects, so it's weird to have a dick measuring contest about it.

-Kaido is far ahead in martial skill compared to every DB character.
-Its durability is lunar level so it is most likely that an attack from the Z warriors will be very effective.
-Both Piccolo, Kami and Tien know the Mafuba technique
-In the case of Goku, he could analyze and predict each of Kaido's attacks.
-Kaido has no way to kill Goku since he is Blessed.
-Goku could make a surprise attack while the others distract Kaido since he has limited manipulation of the senses
-They could temporarily blind Kaido
-Practically none of the Z Fighters would lose sight of Kaido by having extrasensory perception
-Piccolo and Kami have regeneration
-Kaido with his suicidal actions is also not very good for the character when facing a group of martial masters with battle experience.
Kaido's ability to see the future is not passive and its activation is necessary.

What the **** is your pfp???

Then again there were some fodder Beast Pirates that survived (was it Big Mom's? or Luffy's?) Hao before so idk
Big Mom usually uses her Hao to intimidate people so that her devil fruit would work effectively, so I'm not sure how valid using her as a basis is.

Grandpa gohan was stated to mastered all forms of martial arts on earth and can stomp martial artists who are considered pro by other pro martial artist here yamacha stating that he was an unparalleled martial artist and kid goku was said to surpassed him as a kid

We know that martial arts in db are way advance than our real world not just because of ki but master roshi was said to outclassed a guy who was said to be 30th level black belt in kenpo while there are only 10 level in real life

Goku on the spot invents a new style of fighting to counter sui-ken which is a real martial art

Does luffy has this levels of skills

Grandpa gohan was stated to mastered all forms of martial arts on earth and can stomp martial artists who are considered pro by other pro martial artist here yamacha stating that he was an unparalleled martial artist and kid goku was said to surpassed him as a kid

We know that martial arts in db are way advance than our real world not just because of ki but master roshi was said to outclassed a guy who was said to be 30th level black belt in kenpo while there are only 10 level in real life

Goku on the spot invents a new style of fighting to counter sui-ken which is a real martial art

Does luffy has this levels of skills

Bro skill isn't a factor in this fight, I already said Z fighters are probably more technically skilled but it's not enough for it to a be a factor given the abilities and ap values at play. Moot point, move on, teamwork is way more important here

Also, I'm just gonna say, skill absolutely does matter here, at least for the Dragon Team, because the Dragon Team doesn't have much else here that's super effective (yes they have Mafuba, IK).

I personally believe that the Dragon Team are more skilled than Kaido. But Kaido has so many abilities they need to get past first that IDK how they'll be able to fight effectively

Back