• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Megaman defeated stardroids so it makes no sense him to be weaker than Duo and yet in Megaman 11 Dr light makes it clear that the new robot masters were much stronger than anything megaman ever faced.

@Theuser789

False. There's no indication that Mega Man is weaker than Duo in lore. He fought on par with Duo even when he was in his Meteor Form meaning he wasn't holding anything back (especially since Duo kills Mega Man if the player fails to defeat him as opposed to Bass's fight in Mega Man 7 where the player lives).

@Beamgc

Just mere hyperbole. I mean Mega Man went through them with no problem anyway.

X Squared said:
@Beamgc

Just mere hyperbole. I mean Mega Man went through them with no problem anyway.
If it was just a hyperbole light would not upgrade him with the Double Gear.

@Beamgc

That was just an excuse to introduce the Double Gear System in the first place if we're disregarding plot and all since it was the new, core mechanic introduced in 11.

Recall the time in Mega Man V where Mega Man needed to upgrade to the Mega Arm since his standard Buster wasn't doing jack to the Stardroids yet later in gameplay Mega Man was able to use his standard pellet shots to harm them. Also, the Mega Man Killers? Three robots created and designed to specifically kill Mega Man? Mega Man flat out destroyed them in his first encounter (not counting Ballade) and would defeat them a couple of times again and again without any trouble. This goes especially for Bass. They were all hyped up to be powerful robots who threatened to end Mega Man and the world alongside Wily yet they ended up as scrap metal.

Whether it was an excuse or not, it doesnt really matters. The only thing that matters is that within the context of the story the reason why megaman uses double gear is because he can not beat the new robot master without it. We have to use the context of the story, not the producers excuse to put the double gear into the game.

And Light never uses hyperboles, he's always literal and honest on his words. The fact that you can beat all robot masters without double gear is just gameplay mechanics. Gameplay mechanics is like you in MMX5 facing Zero playing as X with no armor and winning the fight easily without taking damage even though the two are tied by the plot.

I understand, but I'm not just talking about game mechanics. Yes, Mega Man being able to take out the 11 Robot Masters without Double Gear is game mechanics (as I'm sure in the lore he did in fact use it). However, Light saying Mega Man wouldn't stand a chance is just exaggerated.

I mean the Double Gear System didn't change Rock's durability, yet he was able to tank attacks from Robot Masters who were boosted by the Power Gear without a problem. Hell, the core mechanic of using special weapons against the Robot Masters is still there at Mega Man's disposal (who I'm sure used this stretegy still as he's been doing for the past dozen games). So Rock wasn't helpless without the Double Gear System as he had the experience and durability to combat the 11 Robot Masters, but he needed more power and speed to actually stand a better chance, not that he couldn't in the first place regardless of what Light said.

Again, the examples I used ARE a part of the context of the story. Light is literal and honest? Well Wily is also literal and looks at things from a logical viewpoint, but he wrongly stated that Sunstar could one-shot Mega Man yet he was defeated. Wily created the Mega Man Killers and stated they were the most powerful robots at the time, even more than Mega Man himself but they were swiftly beaten. Even during Mega Man 6, the story itself stated the 6 Robot Masters were the most powerful robots on the planet at the time yet they were defeated too. Statements like these are always said in fiction yet they aren't always true regardless if they're a part of the story.

However, we're derailing the thread so I'm going to vote Mega Man.

This was also already done before and it was 7-0 in Mega Man's favor. The thread is here .

That thread did not take the fact that Sonic is massively above 7.2 yottatons as I explaneid, Dark Gaia did that feat when he was so weak he couldn't handle his own wheight and split apart:https://youtu.be/5Bdtv9PfPvs (29:44)

Also redux exist, people opinions change as well, that's why it isn't on the profiles

Because he really would not have chances. Being able to withstand damage from tthe robot masters only means that they are more powerful but not enough to be in another Tier. Take for example dragon ball, where the Z warriors constantly withstand hits from villains considered much stronger than them.

And Dr. Willy is very different from Light in the matter of personality. Willy is the typical arrogant villain and so he lives by extolling his creations, unlike Light who is always sincere. Yes Megaman could have some chance, but my point is that the new robot masters are much more powerful than anything from the past. Willy is also always improving his skills as an engineer, so each generation of robot master is always stronger than the previous ones and the current robot masters from mm11 are the strongest.

If he had not improved his skills then he would never be able to create Zero in the first place.

@Theuser 789

Oops, sorry. I know opinions change but I just didn't realize the the thread was still open and therefore not concluded yet. My apologies. Also if that's the case then where exactly is Sonic? It's rather vague saying that he's "massively" above 7.2 yottatons.

@Beamgc

But that's the problem, every single Mega Man title does this. Well the later ones anyway. In Mega Man 6, the plot states the 6 Robot Masters were the most powerful robots on Earth. In Mega Man V the Stardroids took over the planet in days with their seemingly impossibly powerful technology and in Mega Man 8, Evil Energy was stated to be a threat to virtually everything. However, Mega Man won each time. I agree, the 11 Robot Masters were definitely the new powerful robots in the series, but to say that they were the hardest thing Mega Man came up against is just not true when you have foes like Ra Moon, Terra and Sunstar which is why Light's claim is funny to me. The plot does contradict itself sometimes you know.

Well, as I posted Dark Gaia did that feat at it's weakest, regular Dark Gaia is much more strong than that, and Perfect Dark Gaia ( the one that Sonic beat) is even more powerful, I personaly would put him at the triple digits.

But since Megaman is only around three times stronger than Dark Gaia at his weakest Sonic has the Ap advantage

Perfect Dark Gaia may be stronger, but is there any justification to say he's more than 3x so? Also, MM11 Mega Man is >> Duo now since it's established that the new bosses are >> Old ones

Dark Gaia did that feat when he couldn't handle his own wheight, regular Dark Gaia is much stronger, definaly above a 3x gap, and Perfect Dark Gaia could stomp Chip who was equal to regular Dark Gaia

You can't just say "He's a lot stronger, way more than 3x" without giving any evidence supporting it. Also, regular Dark Gaia did do the 7 yottaton feat. Yes Perfect Dark Gaia is a lot stronger than his regular self, but we don't know how much stronger. And even then Mega Man is above 29 yottatons via MM11.

No It was a Dark Gaia that couldn't handle his own wheight, a weakened one, and Perfect Dark Gaia can stomp people on the level of normal Dark Gaia

X Squared wrote@Beamgc
But that's the problem, every single Mega Man title does this. Well the later ones anyway. In Mega Man 6, the plot states the 6 Robot Masters were the most powerful robots on Earth. In Mega Man V the Stardroids took over the planet in days with their seemingly impossibly powerful technology and in Mega Man 8, Evil Energy was stated to be a threat to virtually everything. However, Mega Man won each time. I agree, the 11 Robot Masters were definitely the new powerful robots in the series, but to say that they were the hardest thing Mega Man came up against is just not true when you have foes like Ra Moon, Terra and Sunstar which is why Light's claim is funny to me. The plot does contradict itself sometimes you know.

Yes, at first it may sound silly the new robot masters to be stronger than legendary alien robots, but still theres no contradiction. As i said, willy is always creating stronger machines. Ra Moon and stardroids were the strongest of their time, so they were treated as the most powerful thing at that time on their titles. But Willy learned to create better technology and then stardroids, ra-moon and megaman killers are not the strongest anymore. The only reason Megaman won fights against them is because Light is always upgrading Megaman and because Megaman is also a robot far ahead of its time, so he could face those threats. If ra-moon and stradroids appeared now, Megaman would just stomp them, because with double gear he is much stronger than those one. I could say the same about the new robot masters they would also just crush them.

I haven't voted, but Sonic also has a arsenal and as if I renember right Megaman can only use one weapon at time which is a big weakness.

Also isn't Megaman weak to spikes? Sonic has a huge advantage if so

Should this thread continue? because X square showed a thread identical to this one but was not added.

Wait! Before you close this, I want to put in my input!!!1111

Ok. So assuming Mega Man doesn't get E-Tanks, W-Tanks, or S/M Tanks, his hax ability should be limited due to his limited ammunition. But if he does, his hax is still limited, but nowhere as limited as without them.

Is there any limits to Sonic's hax?

Theuser789 said:
I haven't voted, but Sonic also has a arsenal and as if I renember right Megaman can only use one weapon at time which is a big weakness.
It used to be that he can't switch over to a weapon while an attack is still on screen, but in MM11 he can instantly switch and fire no problem.

It's not dual wielding, but I think the weakness is smaller than it used to be.

Lol Super Sonic is invulnerable, he uses his attack reflection to fend off projectiles and doesn't take shit from Mega Man. He slowly creeps closer while Mega spams hax, then once Mega Man runs out on ammo he dura negates. Super Sonic takes this

Yeah. It seems like Mega Man's limited hax might cost him here.

Super Sonic FRA

Sonic should win this fight, but not because Megaman has limited ammo, but because none of megaman attacks will be effective. Absolute Zero will not do nothing, since sonic has invulnerability and normal attacks is useless too, MM cant damage sonic in anyway.

I do not see any chance for him, it's basically a stomp for me.

Super Sonic's invulnerability is pretty limited as he's been knocked out of the form. Also, his invulnerability comes from something that has a time limit. Also, just because regular attacks wouldn't do much, nothing shows that he has resistance to AZ attacks. You can't just say "lol Invulnerability" to whatever options Mega Man has. Mega Man also has ways of bypassing defenses such as Centaur Flash, where he stops time and warps space to attack foes and bypass their defenses. He can stun Sonic with Flash Stopper, he can heal himself by stealing Super Sonic's energy with Grab Buster, and can also has attack reflection.

Absolute Zero will not work on someone who has invulnerability. And only Low 2-C enemies were able to make super sonic suffer any damage. Attacks of dark gaia and other bosses like metal overlord had no effect on him except to push him back. Attacks that stun will not do anything either, will only stun and thats all. Sonic could just stop and say, "hey bro, I let you attack me at will" and then megaman will attack and his attacks will do no shit. And as Sonic still has reflection attack, this is basically a stomp yes.

You can't say "Only Low 2-C things harm him" when he's only 5-A for this match, meaning his durability is 5-A. Also, Centaur Flash would bypass the invulnerability, and the stunning part I was talking about was Flash Stopper which blinds opponents.

I'm arguing for Mega Man, but not voting. I never said I was, but rather doing this because people are severely downplaying most of Mega Man's attacks.

Nobody is downplaying Megaman, Sonic can reflect his projectiles, tank normal attacks and Chaos Control conters space and time manipulation, he also has a AP advantage as I already explaneid, and Sonic's invunerability doesn't have a time limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back