• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does have plenty of wisps on him, you can equip over 99 of each of them in Lost World 3ds.

The Black Hole at the end of Colors is caused by nega wisp energy, which are the wisps that make Violet Void, you can even see at the end the normal wisps turning them back to normal inside of it at the end

Sonic doesn't abuse them, they give their energy because them want to, they even liked so much Sonic's world that some decided to stay, Sonic only uses part of a wisp's hyper go on energy, unlike Eggman who sucks then dry

Theuser789 said:
He does have plenty of wisps on him, you can equip over 99 of each of them in Lost World 3ds.
The Black Hole at the end of Colors is caused by nega wisp energy, which are the wisps that make Violet Void, you can even see at the end the normal wisps turning them back to normal inside of it at the end
Anyway, the void will not grow that size, because sonic can only use a minimal fraction of the wisp and still lasts little.

You're implying Sonic will only use Violet Void instead of like, everything else. Not even counting the other Wisps. Just his other abilities in general.

The Void will still be active, and Sonic in heroes could notice when Metal Overlord stopped time, he can do the same to Megaman

He wiil use Void after realising that normal attacks won't work as effectively, both Sonic and Megaman don't start with their best haxes.

Sonic also has the Jade Ghost who can turn him invisible and intangilible

The real cal howard said:
Rock for the exact same reasons as last time. Stronger (Sonic can at best potentially be equal, but he's definitely not stronger than Mega Man without explicit numbers supporting it), more experienced, better abilities, more range, and more. Everything Sonic can do, Rock can do and more. It also helps that Rock's mindset is better. Rock's mindset is exploit weaknesses. Sonic's mindset is hit it until it dies, especially as Super Sonic. The robot is far more likely to pull out hax.
The bold are the only things I would go against.

I'd heavily debate Mega Man being more experienced than Sonic. Even if he is more experienced, Sonic is undoubtedly more well-versed when it comes to a larger variety of enemies. Robots aren't anything new (heavy cough) that Sonic's went against.

As for the second and third bolded? I'd say that Mega Man might have generally greater abilities, but it's not as if he's leaving Sonic in the dust. While you might've been exaggerating the third bolded, there are some clear cut things that Mega Man can't do (mainly the wisps). He has no direct answer for them (aside from avoiding them) and he has nothing like some of them either.

As for the fourth bolded. While you're right that Super Sonic is usually just "hit it", it doesn't make him a sort of idiot. Super Sonic's attack reflection and full-body forcefield are both things that prove he knows that brute force isn't always a thing that's gonna carry him through fights. While he doesn't constantly use them, he'll realize when things like that will really be necessary.

Aaaand... Yeah, that's about it. I'm still not voting yet.

Theuser789 said:
The Void will still be active, and Sonic in heroes could notice when Metal Overlord stopped time, he can do the same to Megama

This will not help at all, because he can not do anything in that state. And if sonic use void mm simply stop the time, use black holes or just run. The speed is equalized but we do not know in which number, so it confuses me.

Sonic can move around while in Violet Void.

Sonic can know that Megaman stopped time after it ends and counter attack it with his own time manipulation

This will not help at all, because he can not do anything in that state. And if sonic use void mm simply stop the time, use black holes or just run. The speed is equalized but we do not know in which number, so it confuses me.

You do know Sonic can do that too, right?

Theuser789 said:
Sonic can move around while in Violet Void.
Sonic can know that Megaman stopped time after it ends and counter attack it with his own time manipulation
and he did not do it with metal overlord.

Sonic knows that he stopped time.

Tails:" He used time..."

Knuckles:"and stopped It".

Sonic:"So he can use Chaos Control..."

Because he didn't have to. Sonic may not spam time hax like Shadow does, but if he gets into a tough enough situation with an opponent (Ifrit Golem for example), he will use it.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Because he didn't have to. Sonic may not spam time hax like Shadow does, but if he gets into a tough enough situation with an opponent (Ifrit Golem for example), he will use it.
And this was not a tough situation? Eggman himself made it clear that the chaos emerald had been overcome and the three would have a very small chance of winning. And how will sonic know that megaman is though? His profile still makes it clear that he is arrogant, unlike mm who always fights seriously. It is more likely to megaman use AZ before sonic to use any void manipulation for example.

Sonic has used Void manipulation agaisnt regular bosses.

Sonic only uses time stop if the situation is unwinnable but he does spam teleportation

I'm not sure why arrogance is a weakness for Sonic.

The only time he's displayed arrogance is against Eggman specifically. Bwings such as Dark Gaia, Final Hazard, or any other serious threat is almost always a situation he took seriously.

Sonic's not super arrogant.

But Sonic for the most part is primarily a brawler. Because Black hole Bomb counters Violet Void and Chaos Control is countered by Time Stopper, I really don't see a single advantage Sonic has.

Both the Sonic Rush final bosses Sonic Beats them by reflecting their attacks, not in a brawl.

Megaman has no counter to the wisps which Sonic uses in character

Strongerthanever said:
Sanic wank at it's finest

Anyways going with Mega Man via better stats
Nobody is wanking Sonic here though, and Megaman doesn't really have better stats as I already explaneid

Yeah but never as Super Sonic, even in Colors. Heck, using Wisps as Super Sonic sends him back into base in Lost World.

No Sonic game that had Super Sonic in the final boss had Sonic using the wisps, the only game that had Super Sonic after the wisps were intruduced in it's final battle was Generations

@Beamgc I mean, its not like Metal Overlord was overwhelming Super Sonic or anything. His attacks don't even damage him. As for being arrogant, not really, he's quite cocky sure, but he does know how to take things seriously when he has to. If AZ is a projectile I don't see why Sonic can't just dodge it.

@Strongerthanever Real maturity right there.

@User. But like, how does that disprove my point? Sonic's more likely to not use Wisps while Super. He can, obviously. I'd be remiss to say he couldn't. But it's likely going to be too late.

Even then, Rock has several counters to the Wisps, the only possible exception being Indigo Asteroid. I looked at all of them just now. Only three of them are useful here. VV, II, and JG, and that last one may be countered as idk if Rock can hit ghosts like Geo can. Super Sonic's natural abilities would be more useful here.

Sonic never used the wisps in his super form because he never had them in the game, Sonic Generations is the only game after the wisps were created that had Super Sonic in the final battle, and Sonic didn't have acess to the wisps.

Since he has them in this battle he would use them just like he uses them in base.

Megaman can't end the battle quickly enough before Sonic uses his haxes, they are pretty much equal Ap wise

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Beamgc I mean, its not like Metal Overlord was overwhelming Super Sonic or anything. His attacks don't even damage him. As for being arrogant, not really, he's quite cocky sure, but he does know how to take things seriously when he has to. If AZ is a projectile I don't see why Sonic can't just dodge it.
@Strongerthanever Real maturity right there.
But that was tough fight anyway, eggman pointed it out. Probably because there is a time limit for him in super form. There are also several ways of megaman stun sonic and then use AZ, such as flash stopper, black holes, centaur flash. He could just stop time, take a strategic position and use AZ and catch unnoticed sonic.

My dude, Super Sonic doesn't even have teleportation on his profile. Base Sonic does, but it specifies. Also iirc not a single battle with a playable Super Sonic has him use teleportation.

Again, Sonic has one or two major haxes that would help him win here and that's it. And it's counterable at that. If Black Hole Bomb collided with Indigo Asteroid, Sonic probably wouldn't survive. Both black holes would likely collapse each other, but the difference is, Sonic is his black hole. And again, Sonic is normally outranged. Sonic prefers up close combat, Mega Man prefers long range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back