• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Sonic can teleport, he has all of his base abilities, he spamed It against Shadow, teleportation comes from Chaos Control which is stronger the more emeralds he has as stated by Black Doom

Violet Void is the Black Hole and Sonic can simply teleport out of the way.

If Megaman goes long range Sonic Will simply reflect all his projectiles like he did in both Rush games

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Beamgc Super Sonic doesn't have a time limit, and you mention stopping time and black holes when Sonic can do that too.
See, not only does gameplay say otherwise, but even his bio on Sonic Channel says that there's a limit.

His bio only says that he consumes energy, this has already been discussed, he doesn't have a time limit

And his bio also says that he's speed is only the speed of light which is false, so it's not that realible

Theuser789 said:
Super Sonic can teleport, he has all of his base abilities, he spamed It against Shadow, teleportation comes from Chaos Control which is stronger the more emeralds he has as stated by Black Doom

Violet Void is the Black Hole and Sonic can simply teleport out of the way.

If Megaman goes long range Sonic Will simply reflect all his projectiles like he did in both Rush games
Sonic can't use anything else while transformed. He won't be able tot teleport as Violet Void because he's stuck as Violet Void for the time being. Also could you show a video of this? In everything I've seen of Sonic I really don't remember telespam.

Sonic can't reflect everything. Not to mention it's not like Rock lacks that option too.

Don't really see how this is game mechanics when he's barely even Sonic in this state. That's like saying if Sonic was turned into a rock, he'd still keep all his powers. Sonic gets turned into something else. He gets transmuted. And like other transmuted beings on this site, they have to show to be able to use their powers like that.

Wouldn't count yelling "Chaos Control" and taking s few seconds to manifest in a big flash of light as spamming. I'd more call that predictable.

Not what I meant. I was referring to a constant assault of barrages. Sonic wouldn't make it though Touhou, for example.

Edit: Watxhed the SR clip. He's hitting physical projectiles back. Unless baseball players have attack reflection now, this is gonna be useless.

Chaos Control is teleportation, he uses it plenty of times in the fight, it's only predicable because that's how the boss was designed, the same happens to Shadow if you are fighting him.

Sonic can reflect those projectiles, that's pretty much how the Egg Wizard fight is

Sonic using the wisps power isn't transmutation Cal.

That's still reflecting projectiles, watch the Egg Wizard fight, it's show better there than in Rush

Megaman doesn't have the better Ap as I already explaneid.

And Sonic can counter his arsenal

Also I already linked that

Anyway I still vote Sonic FRA

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
If Mega Man throws a black hole at Sonic while he's using Violet Void I'm pretty sure the Violet Void is just going to swallow it up.
If both have the same gravitational pull it isnt going to happen.

Sonic's flight linda removes the gravity aspect, also Sonic has been close to Black Holes and not be afcted by it's gravity( ending of Colors)

Acid is dodgeble and Flash Stopper is not that useful if Sonic is far away or flying

@Maverick I doubt strengthening the effects of gravity would be effective when Sonic can resist the pull of black holes (yeah I know we were going to add this as part of a later CRT but I'm still mentioning it).

The only FRA's were based on "Invulnerability negates all of Mega Man's attacks", which has been debunked. If you'd like to vote for Shadow's reasons, that's fine.

Theuser789 said:
Sonic's flight linda removes the gravity aspect, also Sonic has been close to Black Holes and not be afcted by it's gravity( ending of Colors)
Acid is dodgeble and Flash Stopper is not that useful if Sonic is far away or flying
Sonic will have to get in close if he really wants do do anything. When he does, Mega Man uses Flash Stopper, uses an AZ attack to freeze Sonic, and punches him into pieces. The only things Sonic has that might work against Mega Man at a distance is the Violet Void (which he wouldn't start with and Mega Man would probably use AZ attacks before), energy projection (which is nulled by Mega Man's various forms of attack reflection), and enrgy reflection (which would be useful against some of Mega Man's attacks, but Mega Man can just reflect them right back at Sonic, and Mega Man's AR doesn't need good timing to be successful). Mega Man has myultple ways of hurting (or simply stalling) Sonic from a distance. Such as, Centaur Flash, Flash Stopper, Black Hole Bomb (which wouldn't be very useful against Violet Void, but will be against anything else), and his crap ton of AZ weapons, including some that come in the form of shields that surround him.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Super Sonic's invulnerability is pretty limited as he's been knocked out of the form. Also, his invulnerability comes from something that has a time limit. Also, just because regular attacks wouldn't do much, nothing shows that he has resistance to AZ attacks. You can't just say "lol Invulnerability" to whatever options Mega Man has. Mega Man also has ways of bypassing defenses such as Centaur Flash, where he stops time and warps space to attack foes and bypass their defenses. He can stun Sonic with Flash Stopper, he can heal himself by stealing Super Sonic's energy with Grab Buster, and can also has attack reflection.
This is why I dislike people arguing against Sonic on this site. They commonly don't know what they're talking about.

"Super Sonic's invulnerability is pretty limited as he's been knocked out of the form."

That was PIS and it only happened once with Knuckles punching the Chaos Emeralds out of him. He's later stated to be invulnerable very consistently, which entirely contradicts this point further as it would've been a retcon as well.

"Also, his invulnerability comes from something that has a time limit."

If you're referring to the rings, they've been debated over time and time again and settled on as a game mechanic. It's directly contradicted by the plot, in areas where Sonic turns Super without rings, can maintain his Super form for days, and just the general fact that rings are never mentioned for his Super form in plot whatsoever and are only used as a gameplay device.

"Also, just because regular attacks wouldn't do much, nothing shows that he has resistance to AZ attacks. You can't just say "lol Invulnerability" to whatever options Mega Man has."

I mean, no duh. Of course Invulnerability isn't used as a counter for everything. It is a counter to AZ though as AZ serves to negate durability, Invulnerability is the ultimate barrier to durability and you'd need to negate that with some Power Nullification of sorts to even affect the durability.

"Mega Man also has ways of bypassing defenses such as Centaur Flash, where he stops time and warps space to attack foes and bypass their defenses."

Durability negation doesn't work on Invulnerability and stated verbatim.

"He can stun Sonic with Flash Stopper, he can heal himself by stealing Super Sonic's energy with Grab Buster, and can also has attack reflection."

Those are all cool chief, but can he negate Sonic's durability negation via Insta-Shield? What does his attack reflection work on, what is its extent? Does it only reflect projectiles? Or is this irrelevant with no point of bringing it up? Please bring up win conditions only and stop mentioning other potent hax if so.

Beamgc said:
Absolute Zero will not work on someone who has invulnerability. And only Low 2-C enemies were able to make super sonic suffer any damage. Attacks of dark gaia and other bosses like metal overlord had no effect on him except to push him back. Attacks that stun will not do anything either, will only stun and thats all. Sonic could just stop and say, "hey bro, I let you attack me at will" and then megaman will attack and his attacks will do no shit. And as Sonic still has reflection attack, this is basically a stomp yes.
Not how it works. Sonic only ever suffers knockback from these guys, anything to do with rings is still relating to the entire game mechanic aspect. Mega Man won't do much except delay the inevitable.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Chaos Control does not neg other space-time attacks. Mega Man can also deflect Sonic's attacks, and his also works as an omni-directional shield. He halso has more experience with space and time manipulators than Sonic. He wouyld also be more strategic than Sonic in a fight. He can also aborb Super Sonic's energy to heal himself if he's ever wounded. Sonic has also been knocked out of his super form. Mega Man is also vastly above 29 yottatons, while you're trying tpo say "Sonic is stronger than someone who can beat this person" and act as if it's an actual multiplier giving you a number. You can't say Super Sonic is more powerful without giving an exact number and only using scaling.
"Mega Man can also deflect Sonic's attacks, and his also works as an omni-directional shield."

Oh, it's a shield. You know Sonic bypasses shields with his durability negation through Insta-Shield, right? So even if Mega Man pulls this it won't matter because Sonic can just bypass it and his own durability to one-shot?

"He can also aborb Super Sonic's energy to heal himself if he's ever wounded."

As if he's going to be able to heal once he's been one-shot.

"Sonic has also been knocked out of his super form."

PIS as stated in earlier comments

"Mega Man is also vastly above 29 yottatons, while you're trying tpo say "Sonic is stronger than someone who can beat this person" and act as if it's an actual multiplier giving you a number. You can't say Super Sonic is more powerful without giving an exact number and only using scaling."

No, saying that is just saying he's above baseline or is > someone in power. It's not a multiplier statement. Care to explain how Mega Man is vastly above 29 yottatons?

Unoriginal Memes said:
Theuser789 said:
Sonic will have to get in close if he really wants do do anything. When he does, Mega Man uses Flash Stopper, uses an AZ attack to freeze Sonic, and punches him into pieces. The only things Sonic has that might work against Mega Man at a distance is the Violet Void (which he wouldn't start with and Mega Man would probably use AZ attacks before), energy projection (which is nulled by Mega Man's various forms of attack reflection), and enrgy reflection (which would be useful against some of Mega Man's attacks, but Mega Man can just reflect them right back at Sonic, and Mega Man's AR doesn't need good timing to be successful). Mega Man has myultple ways of hurting (or simply stalling) Sonic from a distance. Such as, Centaur Flash, Flash Stopper, Black Hole Bomb (which wouldn't be very useful against Violet Void, but will be against anything else), and his crap ton of AZ weapons, including some that come in the form of shields that surround him.
"Sonic will have to get in close if he really wants do do anything. When he does, Mega Man uses Flash Stopper, uses an AZ attack to freeze Sonic, and punches him into pieces."

Again durability negation doesn't affect Invulnerability, you'd need Power Nullification.

Sonic doesn't need any distance attacks, he simply gets closer as Mega Man runs out of ammo and then Sonic durability negates to one-shot.

It seems you guys have forgotten that this is an in character match and so many more arguments for once side or the other has spawned because of you forgetting. Sonic charges in head on in combat and uses his previous form's abilities (Spin Dash, Homing Attack, Boost, Insta-Shield) to win.

All Sonic needs here is his durability negation and invulnerability. Mega Man's attack reflection won't even do anything if it's the omnidirectional shield lol, Insta-Shield bypasses shields. Sonic one-shots. Given how Mega Man keeps Sonic at bay for a bit, this isn't a stomp. Sonic gets this W. I'm still voting for him and I guess I'll have to be more active on this thread.

Mega Man via quantifiably higher AP, greater versatility, and transmutation

Also nothing is contradicted by MM11 Robot Masters being >> Duo. In fact, it makes perfect sense. Zero would put Duo flat on his ass, and I doubt Wily got there instantly.

@Bruce AP doesn't matter against Invulnerability (plus the AP is negligible) and the only greater versatility Mega Man has is in weaponry. Sonic has wisps alongside natural abilities, so it isn't like Mega Man has a serious advantage anywhere.

Mega Man does have more ammo, but Sonic isn't really lacking.

Sonic can carry up to 99 of each Wisp at a time, as seen in Lost World. Plus Mega Man doesn't have Violet Void's Void Manip(only Black Holes, which Sonic could likely absorb to only grow bigger) and has no answer to Indigo Asteroid or either of their intangible properties and no invisibility. There are several blanks in Mega Man's arsenal that Sonic has, and saying he has everything Sonic has and more is a gross exaggeration.

It wasn't just Knuckles. In Unleashed, Eggman lays a trap for Super Sonic and forces him out of the transformation. I'm talking about how Invulnerabilty isn't listed in Sonic's super form key, but rather in base via the Invincibility Monitor. Sonic's invulnerability needs evidence of it being able to survive AZ attacks, or you're just assuming things at that point. And Mega Man still has the Black Hole Bomb, Centaur Flash, and Flash Stopper, all of which should be effective against Sonic. Sonic doesn't have durability negation, and certainly not through Insta-Shield. He just attacks with his range. Mega Man's AR works on anything the shield touches, so yes it can block/reflect physical attacks.

Also, I have brought up win cons for Mega Man. You were probably just too lazy to read them. Mega Man is vastly above 29 yottatons because he is capable of defeating the robot masters in MM11, who have been stated to be stronger than any of the robot masters in the original 10 games, which includes the robot masters that made the 29 yottaton feat. Mega Man is also capable of defeating these enemies without the Power Gear, and with the PG his power increases immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back