• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The SCP Foundation exists in your verse

The Wright Way said:
I highly HIGHLY doubt any organization has tge resources to flat out buy The Foundation. These guys have used the FBI as a puppet seceral times now and they just flat out don't really care about money most of the time anyways.
Most of the time, they don't care about money.

Except when they do.

No money, no Foundation.

Couldn't they just... print money? It'd hardly be the most immoral thing they've done. Then again, I suppose this is another one of those continuity things that either is or isn't true depending on the whims of SCP-001 Swann.

I doubt the Foundation needs to worry about money. They are a highly advanced and secretive government with ridiculous capabilities. Not to mention their connections to world leaders and the overall government.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I wonder how they would work in Marvel or DC.
I would love to see videos on that. Unfortunately I don't think there is a channel that does SCP crossover what ifs. Cause that would be awesome.

The Wright Way said:
Couldn't they just... print money? It'd hardly be the most immoral thing they've done. Then again, I suppose this is another one of those continuity things that either is or isn't true depending on the whims of SCP-001 Swann.
Printing money doesn't work for many, many, many complex reasons. Germany started 'printing money' after WW1 and that ended about as terribly as it could've.

(In one year, a loaf of bread went from 160 to 200,000,000,000 Marks. Don't print money, kids.)

Moritzva said:
The Wright Way said:
Printing money doesn't work for many, many, many complex reasons. Germany started 'printing money' after WW1 and that ended about as terribly as it could've.
(In one year, a loaf of bread went from 160 to 200,000,000,000 Marks. Don't print money, kids.)
I was hardly taught anything about Economics in school, so I may be wrong, but I think there's a big difference here considering that Germany is a country while the Foundation is a secretive, advanced organization.

And that doesn't stop the fact that they'd be committing immensely illegal acts that would obliterate the economy and cause every country and their mothers to be on their asses.

Moritzva said:
And that doesn't stop the fact that they'd be committing immensely illegal acts that would obliterate the economy and cause every country and their mothers to be on their asses.
I doubt they would care about it being illegal if they actually needed to do it. While the Foundation tries to avoid doing bad things if it can, they'll also disregard the concept of morality if necessary.

I doubt they would care about it being illegal if they actually needed to do it. While the Foundation tries to avoid doing bad things if it can, they'll also disregard the concept of morality if necessary.

There's a difference between "doing bad things" and "actively destroying the world they are trying to save."

The Morals Committee exists for a reason.

I'm thinking more on Castlevania, wonder how Aeon would interact with the SCP Foundation. He'd show up to any question session right on time I'm sure lol

So, there's this one SCP that is initially thought to be a Swiss bank account that has an infinite supply of money owned by The Foundation. When a researcher found out about it, O5 forced him to stay quiet about it. Turns out, the account isn't anomalous at all, The Foundation just runs the world's largest drug cartel to fund themselves and they hid the bank account where all the money is stored under the guise of an anomaly.

Regardless, using large amounts of money created out of nowhere is still asking for inflation, which would still destroy most of the world's households and companies, as well as many governments.

In a very easy way, the rarer something is the more it is worth, same goes for money. The moment more money appears, it's worth goes down, because if everyone has X10 as much money, then shops can charge X10 as much for everything they are selling.

I mean technically being the largest drugs cartel in the world and funding the Foundation that way does not break the economy. Whether it is morally responsible is another matter however.

Bobobobo - I think Bobobo is probably going to be contained, but it would be really funny to see as he puts the foundation through a bunch of sight jokes lol

Greenshifter said:
I mean technically being the largest drugs cartel in the world and funding the Foundation that way does not break the economy. Whether it is morally responsible is another matter however.
Them investing anything in the billions would kind of do that regardless of the place the money comes from.

Look at America's budget that they put into defense yearly, a few billion dollars more or less isn't gonna screw up anything, especially not since every country can pay for their own branch of SCP + the drugs money.

Greenshifter said:
Look at America's budget that they put into defense yearly, a few billion dollars more or less isn't gonna screw up anything, especially not since every country can pay for their own branch of SCP + the drugs money.
Yes, but that is money already in use. There is a whole cycle with money being constantly spent. Pulling out billions of nowhere would end with a lot of inflation.

Not world ending, but it would ruin a lot of lives.

And it comes with reduced outcomes every time, so the first few billions will be fine, but eventually they'll need tens of billions, then hundreds, then there are worldwide revolts as most families find that all their saved up cash is barely worth anything.

Foundation started in the 18th-19th century. The expansion would be gradually, kinda like NASA in the 20th century. That also requires billions of dollars and I don't think an economic crisis happened because of it.

Because it s gradual. There is a difference between spending billions over years for hundreds of things, or spending billions over weeks for one thing.

A drug cartel would make sense.

And would also show they sure as hell care about money.

Greenshifter said:
Ok so NASA has a budget of 21.5 billion dollars annually, how much money would the Foundation need annually?
A lot ******* more.

Obviously they would still need to pay for transport and making of drugs and all but still not bad if you wanna run the Foundation.

Oh sorry didn't mean to ruin the fun for other people, I mean technically this is discussing if the Real World and the Foundation fused.

Really, any fantasy verse in general would be an interesting interaction with The Foundation.

Except Warhammer 40k. I'd like to see how they deal with that.

Well, imply, they wouldn't exist in WoD, if we say planted them there, the beliefs of the Marauders would instantly erase them all.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Really, any fantasy verse in general would be an interesting interaction with The Foundation.

Except Warhammer 40k. I'd like to see how they deal with that.
1-As nope Warhammer

Back