• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Tank's durability

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Just as a question, why is the Tank rated as having Small Building level durability? Its feats listed for that area are simply mid-to-high-end Wall level feats, and the most powerful thing it's ever been shown withstanding is the in-game pipe bomb.

Unless all of those pipe bombs are lying on top of each other in a pile when they explode, that's not a Small Building level feat. It's a Wall level feat being performed multiple times in a row.

Being unfazed by fire is also a Wall level feat.

The main point of the game is to work together, so he usually gets het by a lot of the attacks all at once, but i'm Not the most knowledgeable person this subject.

I mean I get what you're saying, but taking multiple explosions one after the other doesn't mean it can take the combined output of those explosions happening at once. And really, even if 4-5 pipe bombs exploded on him at the exact same time, that wouldn't be Small Building level damage.

Reason I say that is because we have a character who, while wearing his armor, can tank three bundles of dynamite (six sticks each) exploding at once, point-blank. His durability is still rated as Wall level, albeit at the extremely high end of Wall level.

Well then we need to probably get a person slightly more knowledgeable on the tank to comment on it before we change his tier.

There is no small building level feat that i could think of. Besides most of its showings are Wall level.

Unless i'm missing something from both games, his dura should be wall level

I can see why the Tank is at Small Building Level Durability though. It can survive 4 grenade launchers, though this grants the tank the very bottom of the Small Building Level Durability aspect.

I feel the Tank can also be 9-A for basically being able to destroy cars, and objects similar to that size, though this is barely 9-A at most, however still counts.

Destroying cars is a 9-B feat, actually. Characters who can flat-out blow them up in one hit are still considered Wall level.

Typical rocket launchers are Wall level as well, so grenade launchers (which tend to be comparable or weaker) would most likely be within the same general range as those.

That's odd, because some characters are building level and/or Small Building Level/Room level just for destroying, or even lifting vehicles alone.

I thought barely destroying cars would consider a character barely 9-A, even so the Tank can presumably destroy small buildings/rooms by tossing cars into them, though I am not too certain.

^ Usual warhead of rockets like those from the RPG-7 , which are only single digit MJ, can easily destroy a car, altho it depends on how much of the car is destroyed. But it can take as little as KJ range to damage cars to where they're inoperable.

Altho the Tank can easily well, tank grenade launchers and pipe bombs, which all should be in the MJ range (To compare, a single kg of TNT is 4.612 MJ), but the cap of Wall level is 20.92 MJ.

Stitch's page is currently inaccurate, and he actually has far better feats than those anyway.

Lifting an entire subway train takes far more strength than destroying a mere car. Not sure why that puts her at 8-C unless it was a particularly long train, though...

The cruise ship Scrooge destroyed was about the size of a small apartment complex IIRC. I can probably fetch the scan of it. It's a fairly popular one.

Also, what Fllflourine said.

I admittely agree that the page I made for Lena was rather false, and should be downgraded to 9-A, or even Unknown.

And for Scrooge, I have no clue why Scrooge isn't even upgraded to 8-C or High 8-C yet, even with higher feats for him already exist. like I stated in the past yet, since he's shattered pillars the size of decently sized buildings, along with an entire cruist ship.

Though this isn't necessarily the thread for that.

I'm almost positive Scrooge has Tier 8 and even Tier 7 feats from the old comics, but I digress.

The Tank's feats are very much within the 9-B range, albeit on a higher end than some others. His durability should definitely be downgraded.

Yeah, his Wall Level durability almost touches the dot for Small Building Level durability, he is quite durable.

He should be " Wall level, likely higher "

Though can we talk about the rest of the special Infected's durability? The Hunter, Smoker, and Jockey are stated to have Wall Level durability, although they can basically be killed by being hit by a Frying Pan once. Than again, they could survive falls from exceedingly high heights..

Anyways, The Charger and Witch's Durability are fine in my eyes.

The grenade launcher appears to be based on the M79, which fires the 40x46mm grenade cartridge. Gonna assume the one in-game fires HE rounds (L4D wiki also says so), but can also fire incendiary. The M79 can use either the M381, which carries 32 grams of Composition B, or the M386. Both appear to carry the same amount of explosives, judging by them having the same casualty/kill radius.

32 grams of Composition B (RE factor of 1.72) is the equivalent of 55.04 grams of TNT, the equivalent of 253.8 Kilojoules, or 253,848 Joules. Wall level, and definitely not close to Wall+ or Room level. The Tank can survive this, and the most it can survive is 20 (8000 / 400, altho this is probably into game mechanics territory), which is still Wall level and also below Wall level+.

Welp, looks like I was wrong about grenade launchers and pipe bombs generally all being comparable to 1 kg of TNT xP

EMagoIorSouI said:
This means the Tank actually can sruvive a room destroying tactic?
"Wall level, and definitely not close to Wall+ or Room level." is what was said.

Tho strictly speaking, by the current AP chart, the Tank's dura is comfortably within Wall level

Yeah, since it is his AP. He IS one of the most powerful 9-B's out there, so he should at least be one of the most durable wall level tiers.

Also, why is the Witch 9-B? Sure, she can easily slice up human beings but only to severely wound them.

What also should be discussed are some of the Special Infected's durability, and the Boomer's tier.

The Special Infected should all be superior to common infected, so at least 10-A for the lot of them. Being killed by a frying pan in one hit means you're prolly not 9-B/9-C in dura. The Boomer's tier... IIRC its explosion doesn't do damage proper, but they do have claws, making them roughly comparable to the common infected.

Witch is prolly 9-C. 9-B is the range of "being able to dismember a human body in a single strike".

I'm pretty sure only the Charger and the Tank would be 9-B. The rest of the bunch don't seem that strong at all.

The Charger, Tank, and Witch should basically have wall level durability, The Charger has the lowest degree of Wall level durability though.

And yeah, the rest should just have Street Level durability, excluding the Boomer.

As for Boomer... It should probably have a 10-A phyiscally tier, since it should be able to easily overpower human beings, but not to the point of killing them.

Yea, they'd prolly all be 10-A, barring Charger and Tank, for being superior to common infected. You do not need much dura to survive long falls, after all.

After going through the profiles of the Survivors, I think the Witch could be 9-B, as she is able to down survivors in as little as a single strike, and she is notably more tough than other special infected like the Hunter.

The only 10-A's should be The Boomer, Jockey (Possible 9-C), Common Infected, and Uncommon Infected (Possible 9-C).

The Hunter, Spitter, and Smoker can soon eventually kill human beings in a short period of time, so they should stay 9-C without a change.

Also, the Spitter's acid should be able to ignore duability.

^ Alrighty. I think these changes seem reasonable. Altho update their durability, as the Smoker, Hunter, and Spitter can all die in a single hit from a frying pan from a survivor, whom currently are rated as having Street class SS.

Witch should keep her dura, the same with Charger. Downgrade Tank's durability to Wall level.

I also agree with Fliflourine's suggestions.

If The Tank had Small Building level durability, conventional rounds would just bounce off.

I'd also suggest an AP downgrade for the Survivors for their 9-A rating, since the M79, the weapon the grenade launcher is based on, is Wall level, as I calculated above.

There is also their seemingly out of nowhere Supersonic combat and reactions.

I also think that Fllflourine makes sense.

So the final changes:

Tank: Durability downgraded to At least Wall level via being able to tank several rounds from the in-game M79 grenade launcher.

Boomer and Jockey are 10-A, with the Jockey having possibly 9-C.

Hunter, Spitter, Witch, Charger, and Smoker stay where they are. Spitter's acid should be noted to ignore conventional durability.

Remove Supersonic combat/reactions for the Survivors.

Alright, I suppose i'll make these changes now.

(As well as downgrade the Survivor's 9-A AP to 9-B with grenade launcher)

One more thing, where do the "Possibly 9-B by himself" ratings come from for the L4D1 survivors? Seems like they would be more in line with being 9-C physically, unless there is a feat that didn't get added in

Back