• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread 2: The Two Brother

Huh, but I thought the thread only talked about 2 characters that are treated as 1 entity.

I feel like (Makoto) Aizen might be of importance to the plot.

I'm kinda laugh because that "Aizen",it's remind me to Sosuke Aizen.

Anyway i'm start to liking the R/B brother,and that theme/OP for them *0*

Dammit, I was trying to avoid the name connection being made. Whatever, can't cry over spilled milk.

I too, think the opening theme sounds promising. Let's hope the first episode can capitalize on the hype.

Though the series is in good hands with Takesue as the main director, I'm still feeling uncertain about it. Hopefully he does well. After all, I can only criticize it after first viewing.

Orb Dark is a mystery, and it's a mystery that I hope they live up to.

But then again, could be. The brothers could be connected in some way.

I have, and I've made a review over at the Ultraman Wiki. Though, there may be some additional points I'm going to add there since there's no subs yet.

You know, with the series out, and with the episode available to most of us here, I'm surprised this thread just died. Like, no discussion?

How about that R/B Fusion? Reugosite? Kamisori Demaaga?

Not only that, but we're getting what is basically Orb 2.0 with the first monster having evolutions. 2 to be specific. It's possible one is appearing in either the 11/12 two-parter or the 16/17 two-parter while the second one is the final boss. I kinda want to see a 3-parter though... I don't know why.

Oh yeah, just go over to the comments section in the series' page and you'll see the catalog picture.

Just already see the main page,and i'm HYPING!!!! Didn't mention i listening Be the One which make my hype meter exploded I mean holy **** that fusion bro,so sicks and stylish af......

Be the One. Dua Lipa or PANDORA?

And yeah, one of the best looking designs so far. I think that's where the series namesake comes from, Ruebe.

In any case, that form right there, is going to appear in the series itself. Imagine how much bigger the movie or even the possible Ultra Fight form is going to be like. I imagined that they'd get a Light and Darkness crystal, but a fusion? In the series itself? They also have a buzzsaw as a weapon. Orb Slasher, but better, in my opinion.

Of course the PANDORA one!

Yeah,i thinking the fusion will be in the series itself. Also holy cow the kaiju in the left and right,they looks like very cool.......

Light and Darkness,wow mate.......what crystal they get if so then......

I'm more like Orb Slasher more tbh XD

Ah, I see.

How will they even top that? I mean, it's perhaps one of the most legit looking forms here so far. As in a power-up that stems from their own power.

That's kinda the problem here. I never really asked myself that until I realized: who will represent those elements? Not Belial for Darkness, I mean, he's gone now. But Orb for Light? Possibly. Maybe Noa and Zagi? Then bam! We continue their story! If only...

Eh, like before, each to their own.

Now i'm interested in the movie exclusive form,will they get another ultimate form?

Well,i also get the problem too,which the ultra represent the element?

Also just already see Regina and Kamisori and holy cow that design is really sicks af,also who Reugosite,do you have the picture about him?

That's what I'm wondering about here, if the series' final form is something like that, how would the movie form be like? Can't really say movie-exclusive because they actually use the movie forms more often than not.

Rest assured, though, we probably won't have to worry about that anytime soon. Though, there's still Ultra Fight... which means there's going to be more forms. No doubt.

Reugosite is in the same picture as the one shown with Ruebe. The one on the right, the Iris (Gamera) looking one.

Yeah,i mean see Ginga Victory case or Orb Trinity case,only Geed Ultimate Final who still didn't show up after the movie.

Yeah i agree,Ultra Fight will show us another form......

HOLY **** THAT IRYS ONE!!!

Coffee Hype

Aside from Ultimate Final, BetaSpark Armor X is another one that hasn't appeared yet. I mean, he has the cards, so why not use it?

I hope this Ultra Fight is slightly longer and has a different director. I mean, they probably used Koichi with UFO to do a smooth transition between main directors.

Yep, instead of killer tentacles, we get badass wings.

Oh right,Beta Spark Armor too,well then hope that two will show up soon.

Hmmm,nothing too much to say but i hoping for that.

Will Reugosite be the final kaiju to fought?

Well for me, I really hope it changes director with the new Ultra Fight series. Hopefully there is an upcoming Ultra Fight. I mean, there's a pattern here and we've already passed the series with no UF series. Not only that, they still have Taguchi, Masayoshi and heck, even Abe to direct it.

Likely; but whether the likeliness is high or not, we'll just have to wait. Why would Reugosite be the final boss, though? Grugeo-Bone does have his evolutions. Perhaps Reugosite will be the Kaiju for the 16/17 two-parter.

I just hope they have better or more haxes this time around. Orb had good hax with his elemental attacks. Look at Orb Water Calibur, he destroyed Gurenki, a spirit, with it. What good would a bunch of Low 2-Cs be if there's no notable hax?

Hmm,i see.....

Well then better wait for that.

Yeah,hoping an hax in this series,for Orb destroy Gurenki.....does that make him can hit intangtible/non-corporeal thing!?0.0

Yeah, pretty sure Orb has on more than one occasion destroyed souls or otherwise, intangible or non-corporeal enemies. Well, maybe not so much for the latter, but still.

You know what would be cool? A Taguchi-directed episode. Lol, jk. But really, what would really be cool would be if the R/B brothers start infusing their attacks with whatever element they are using. That's one way to fully capitalize on their elements gimmick.

should've been the Ultra Series Discussion Thread 2: Electric R/B-aloo

i hope they use the elements gimmick creatively, such as when fighting on very cold terrain Flame is almost completely useless or something and Aqua can only use ice attacks then, something like that

Nah, too overused. But seriously, I don't think it'd make for a good thread name. Unless it's specifically for memes. Speaking of which, where's Akreious and that batch of s--tposts?

Don't worry, from what little we've seen, I think the show is managed well. I'm sure they can think of something. But don't you think it's a bit crazy to think that Flame would be completely useless within an icy landscape? But then again, I can't really think of anything so, best we've got?

I think there should be an underwater fight again. Of course, this is where Flame can really be rendered useless. Instead of their usual, Ground and Aqua should be used.

By the way, which forms do you think Katsumi and Isami would be best at? We aready know who excels in Flame and Aqua, but what about Wind and Ground?

Sorry I've been on a sort of mini Hiatus. Anyways, the new ultraman series sort of don't interest me at all so I'm gonna be late on all the exact details of things.

Anyways, I'm seeing a lack of Cosmic Awareness for all M78 Ultras. This is because every Ultra Brother was able to feel when someone travels across universes, from Beatstar to Zero. They also know whenever Earth is under threat even when in the Land of Light.

Oh and a rule of thumb, any Ultras worth their salt is capable of dispelling illusions. Mebius' Mebium Pinger is capable of doing so, Ultraseven was initially confused by Baltan's illusions but saw through it once he got his bearings (Although Baltan's ability is a combination of Duplication AND Illusions but meh...) but the most notable thing is that Mebius is able to easily dispel illusions. With Mebius being a complete and utter rookie at that point in time who holds no candle to the Ultra Brothers, every Ultra Brother should scale (Unless you mean to tell me that Mebius somehow mastered a technique that his master by several centuries is unable to do).

Speaking of Mebius, Hikari, Mebius, Father of Ultra and Ultraman King should all get creation. Mebius and Hikari for the creation of the Mebium and Knight blades, Father of Ultra and Ultraman King for creating the Mebium and Knight braces respectively. Ultraman Mebius Phoenix Brave should get Beam Reversal as an ability for... obvious reasons. Literally every Ultra should get Portal Creation via Twinkle Way (Wormhole). Even non-M78 Ultras like Dyna is capable of performing this technique with no difficulty. All Ultras should also gain Power Bestowal via Power Transferring; which happens everytime there's a crossover and an Ultra dies. Tiga reviving Dyna, Every Heisei Ultra giving Ginga Victory their powers, every power of friendship moment, etc.

Mebius and Taro should get Self-Destruction via Ultra Dynamite and Mebium Dynamite. Every Ultra should also get exorcism as their natural blood does it. Mebius being cut and his "blood" going into Mecha Zamu, purifying him, is a good example. Zero releasing his light to cure Mirror Knight is another.

That's all I got for now, peace.

ZeroI'mNotAPowerRanger

Holy crap.

Okay, I gotta admit, I'm really surprised that I didn't even notice this yet. I could have, I could have, but that would have taken a bit longer until I can finally see through it all. Bravo.

I agree with pretty much everything here.

But ahem, do pray tell, why doesn't the new series interest you at all?

Back