• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread 2: The Two Brother

I just feel a little burnt out. With short series like Ginga, Ginga S, X, Orb and everything else, I just get the feeling of ".... But why though?". I don't get any attachment to the characters unlike series like say, Mebius.

In short, I'm just burnt out on the 12 episode format rather than the series itself. I'd much rather have the 50+ Episode series like Mebius.

If you were anyone else like say, those from the Ultra wiki's comment sections, I'd be giving you an earful. But you're not, and I also respect you as a fellow fan of the franchise.

So eh, whatever, maybe one day the simplicity we had during the Heisei Era would be back. Who knows, maybe past R/B, we'll see Tsuburaya making their true stand again. It'd be great to see the company just outright trumping other Toku franchises. Maybe funny, even.

If R/B turns out to be anything like Orb, You know I'll definitely get into it. Despite it's short format, the slightly more serious tone and an actual overarching plot that has a clear set beginning and end with good characters, Orb was good! I'll probably write a huge paragraph of R/B's abilities probably xD

For now, R/B seems to be playing it a bit safe. But knowing that Masayoshi is taking care of it, you can expect some Taguchi-levels of storytelling.

Oh yeah, spoilers, but Blu seems to be able to break out of being petrified. So, minor resistance to Petrification?

It's not clear yet, but I think I should be able to get more info once the subbed version is out. Hopefully the 11/12 two-parter tells more about the brothers.

But all in all, R/B is worth a shot. There's a bit of comedy mixed into things as well as some family drama, but neither seems to truly take away from the core of what the show truly is. For now, the characters are still in development. We got a good gist of their characters starting episode 1, but we'll surely get to more.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the scene again and... false alarm.

Just already watch new eps and no,Blu didn't break petrification,he break it after Rosso slice Gorgon eye.

Also looks like Makoto confirmed to be villain.

@Akreious

Speaking of reflection,Ultraman Great should get that abilities too.

Yeah, that's why I said false alarm. Eesh, you'd think Tsuburaya would give the Ultras new twists this time around? Who knows, maybe with Ground Form they could be resistant or maybe even immune to that power?

Either he is the big villain, or he's also working under a bigger leader. See: Reugosite. Who knows, maybe that's his real form, or the one he serves under.

I'm pretty sure everyone worth their salt, as you said, should get the ability.

But, should we really get Great? I mean, he and Powered's series are the easiest to marathon through. Should be the easiest, at least.

Alright so, I've been thinking about it for a while, but I think it's high time we bump Judar Spectre up a tier. I've already got several possible usable reasons as to why he should outright be 3-A.

But I also want your thoughts and if possible, elaborate a bit on your response.

37904701 1546714538807799 2415081271844667392 n

The news magazine introduce Orb Dark in action,also the Magaizne say Makoto transforms with the Orb Origin Crystal's power,so it's confirmed Orb element is dark!?

And we have new character in bottom,the drive design is bit different.

Dude, did you just called the Gyro a Driver?

Okay... So now the question remains, will both Crystal types be used? Light and Darkness, I mean.

One thing that is confirmed is that... Orb Dark will no doubt be a monster when he finally debuts.

Oh wait, which section of the magazine did it say Aizen will transform? I'm looking for it as of now, but can't spot it yet.

Oh, okay. Checking it right now.

You know, I was just joking back then when I said "You know what would be cool? A Taguchi-directed episode." I even made it clear I was joking. But I guess I got my wish, and needless to say, I'm satisfied. Now, just gotta wait for "Sayonara, Ikaros".

Okay, so... Grigio is not going to be the episode 11/12 monster. Instead, it's Horoborus.

My guess would be Grigio King would appear around the 16/17 two-parter and Grigio Regina might appear around episodes 22-23. Who knows, maybe 22/23 will be a thing now?

If Regina appear in 22-23 then he will be an very strong opponent for Ruebe.

Also does Horoborus design is out?

Oh wow,another cool looking beast-kaiju.

Same,as long Regina give the protag an really hard challenge i satisfied.

It all comes down on how well they're going to treat him as an enemy.

They better get a good director for Grigio's finale. How about Abe? There was a severe lack of Yuichi back in Geed.

Okay, while it's still ways before King's revision will come, since I still need to make Orb's page; but would you guys agree to give King resistance to Space-Time Manipulation? I mean, he did reverse the totality of the Space-Time Annihilation bomb's damage by literally flying into the center where it was active in order to fuse with it.

Pretty sure this would also warrant him Space-Time Manipulation as well since he... well, he was binding together the entirety of the universe which would of course, include its space-time.

Mr.Cutlery said:
Okay, while it's still ways before King's revision will come, since I still need to make Orb's page; but would you guys agree to give King resistance to Space-Time Manipulation? I mean, he did reverse the totality of the Space-Time Annihilation bomb's damage by literally flying into the center where it was active in order to fuse with it.
Pretty sure this would also warrant him Space-Time Manipulation as well since he... well, he was binding together the entirety of the universe which would of course, include its space-time.
I agree with this

Well now, that sucks. Whatever. Did anyone factor in the Zero Era's scaling though? Seems weird that everyone should lose the 4-B rating.

I did plan on making a revision regarding all that, and before that, a new calculation as to where exactly they would lie in the High 4-C tier. It's not too low, but it's also not high enough for the Showa and Heisei Ultras to eventually break into 4-B again.

Mr.Cutlery said:
Well now, that sucks. Whatever. Did anyone factor in the Zero Era's scaling though? Seems weird that everyone should lose the 4-B rating.
I did plan on making a revision regarding all that, and before that, a new calculation as to where exactly they would lie in the High 4-C tier. It's not too low, but it's also not high enough for the Showa and Heisei Ultras to eventually break into 4-B again.
If you want make Ultra being 4-B i suggest use Dyna destroy Neo Gransphere .

I mean according to Gousuke Hibiki on Ultraman Saga Dyna save Solar System .

>Antimatter

>Zonnel

Shit,you're right.....

Should i invite Saikou to come here? he's the one who revert all of Ultra to high 4-C.

@Vel I don't think so, not yet. Not until I get those 2 feats evaluated.

@Saint Do keep in mind that while Shinigami did have a pocket dimension, it's still unknown as to whether he created it. He did destroy it however so we might have some good grounds with him.

As for Menscheit, I've been on a serious lag with Neos so his evaluation might take some time. Still need more to confirm things with.

Showa might still have some crazy feats, so I'm gonna need help on that.

As for Gransphere, I don't know man. Mind giving me translations on what she said during the last episodes? She did destroy Saturn, but not in a way that I can properly gauge her power with. She wanted to destroy the Solar System, yes. But we never got a good understanding on how that would happen.

But who knows, maybe some things might come when the time is right.

now that I am back from my holiday I think it is the perfect time to start watching Ultraman R/B

You haven't started yet? Well, I'd say you're pretty lucky. R/B has been getting better and better lately. Though I do have to warn you, some characters might not be too interesting if you're also interested in the story.

But nevertheless, always look forward to the fights.

I think we should make more kaiju profiles, I have started to watch Ultraman R/B and they have already introduced a new Kaiju in episode 1

Yeah, that's been a thing since Orb wasn't it, now?

But okay, I'll get around to more profiles when I'm free. Of course, you guys are free to help. I won't have too much free time once September comes. I think.

Mr.Cutlery said:
Yeah, that's been a thing since Orb wasn't it, now?

But okay, I'll get around to more profiles when I'm free. Of course, you guys are free to help. I won't have too much free time once September comes. I think.
Neither will I

now that I've caught up with R/B I wonder what you guys think about the new kaiju being introduced and Aizen's role as the villain

Edit: Gomora is still 4-B maybe there is a chance of reverting the ultras back to 4-B?

Back