• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
From what i've seen Touhou should be Tier 1 atleast

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Yukari Yakumo has the power to undermine all of reality with her powers, that being boundary manipulation of course.

All of Touhou is built on the concept of boundaries [/COLOR]

imgur.com
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] - Imgur

Even with this in mind it's emphasized that every sort of existence is built around boundaries themselves and that she manipulates them[/COLOR]

https://imgur.com/a/KIcf78G

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]In order to back track here it said that an existence fundamental nature is dependent on how a boundary operates, getting rid of that boundary would destroy that existence.

yukari can do just that as shown here[/COLOR]
https://imgur.com/a/dGapSKP

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Now with that out of the way, the touhou cosmology is built around the concept of string theory. [/COLOR]

https://imgur.com/a/6IgncHt

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]In the context here strings isn't vague considering it's a physicist who studies the concept itself.

and strings in physics are ALWAYS correlated to strings in string theory.[/COLOR]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_(physics)

https://imgur.com/a/TBMmEik

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]In string theory and related theories such as supergravity theories, a brane is a physical object that generalizes the notion of a point particle to higher dimensions.[/COLOR]

en.wikipedia.org - Brane - Wikipedia

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]So essentially Yukari can effect an entire 11th Dimensional Multiverse and is High 1-C [/COLOR]

first off where does it ever state that she can affect the 11th dimension? None of the scans you posted had anything that shows 11th dimension. The string (physics) and brane pages only mentions zero, one, two, and six dimensions. Not 11th dimension.

Are we doing this again wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Short answer is no. Long answer is also no.

Never, wanker.

Legit, may as well give the usual rebuttal.

You have the first part of your post right. Yukari can manipulate tons of stuff due to the verse being based on boundaries and stuff. And yes, Touhouverse IS 11/10-D.

However, you jump the gun at the end for no reason, stating that Yukari can now affect the entire multiverse even though her best feats are destroying the 4-D Gensokyo. Yukari has NO feats of doing anything remotely even universal in scale, let alone multiversal.

Also, even then, anything that puts the likes of Yukari beyond the Lunarian's 4-A is a huge outlier.

I think that by now, I can make the bold claim that Touhou will probably never reach beyond 3-A unless Doremy pulls a Low 2-C on us before the series moves on from the LoLK Saga.

SPEAKING FRENCH!!!!

@Saik. Post the incredibly cancerous pun I made last time on the situation for all to see ovo.

I'm actually curious, are statements of a quantum multiverse enough to upgrade to High 1-C? That's why Homestuck has Low 1-B characters, but if so, Yahvo (Myst) should be upgraded to High 1-C (plus he's missing a lot of abilities, like plot manipulation, probability manipulation, etc)

Not the thread for that my boy. Take that nonsense elsewhere.

Also just a heads up, creating/destroying all universes =/= destroying/creating the multiverse itself.

To be honest I've had this kind of threads so often and you made so many bad puns that I don't know which one you're talking about, lol

I'll try to recreate it.

This happens day after day, night after Flowering Night. A couple of Bad Apples go around and try to upgrade Yukari every so often. They try to Reach for the Moo, only to come back with nothing, holding on to the Native Faith that Yukari is tier 1. But it's nothing but a Necro Fantasy at this point, and they're Primordial Beating a dead horse. I guess you can say that it's done to Death (Waltz).

Anyway, nothing happened on this thread for over a week and then sudden shitpost spam. I think we'd rather wait for the OP to manifest any signs of life.

if the gods existed before every concept doesn't that mean that they exist above the concept of dimensional space? ahahhaa

Question though, what about Gensokyo being a Brane/Quantum world? As it has an indefined amount of dimensions itself, shouldn't the Sages of Gensokyo (Since the Lunarians already have the "Likely much Higher") be given the "Like Much Higher" clause? Because as far as we know, ZUN (Like the Drunken God he is) could say that Gensokyo is X dimensional at any moment.

Can we get out of the way that "Quantum World" by itself is a nonsensical word.

Secondly, a Braneworld by itself is usually just a 4-D place. And 4-D on a scale much lower than Universal is just hax.

Putting "likely far higher" simply on the basis "It cooould be higher dimensional even though nothing hints at it" doesn't work at all.

Yes, but like you said: "Usually", but that very improper, as you could be wrong, as you yourself have accidently admitted, that it is a possibility, not a certainy, therefore, they should be given the "Possibly much higher" status, because they could be much higher.

If Gensokyo turns out to be just 5th Dimensional, they moves Yukari and the Sages from High 4-C to High 2-A. So they should be given the: "Possibly much higher"

"Usually" as in, they're either 4-D things or 7-D things that encompasses several universes. And Gensokyo, surprisingly, does not encompass several universes. We don't grant "possibly far higher" on every character capable of creating a pocket dimension of unknown size just because "It could be far higher!" or, god forbids, "it could be higher dimensional!". We only grant that when there is a reasonable possibility of a higher tier based on their current feats, not speculation.

Except this is as valid as an argument as saying that any pocket could be 5-D or higher. Gensokyo shouldn't have special treatment just because it uses scientific terms.

Btw @ALRF get the **** back down there, I need you.

Okay. Feel free to write a suggestion then.

Back