• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Dark Carioca hasn't made that CRT yet. He said he wanted to be the guy that does so.

But the new rating will likely be: High 7-C/Low 7-B/At least Low 7-B, at most 7-B to 7-A

So have ya'll seen the new Transformers movie announcement?

Honestly, I'm unsure of this. I'm not a fan of them going into beast wars so early on, and don't really want them to do beast wars tbh, and one of the reasons that beast wars was special was all the past and previous references from past stories. The story also seems fairly convoluted, which makes me concern for how they'll handle it. Dare I say, the plot looks as messy and too filled as the last knight.

Also I'm unsure why people keep calling this "Transformers 7" when it's very obvious this and the bumblebee movie can't fit into the bayverse continuity. It's really just Transformers 2 for a new universe. Paramount should really decide on whether or not they want to do reboots or not.

And with the way they're handling the movies, it makes me think they have no idea how to handle the new movies. My suggestion for them would be just to abandon the bee movie (As great as it was) and start from the ground up again. And actually have your story well planned and thought out.

Overall. I'm cautiously optimistic. The addition of beast wars in this story makes it feel convoluted and is likely to gurantee a mess.

Tho positives wise, I think the ideas for designs sound cool. Optimus receiving a starring role seems cool. Him being the main character with character development, being voiced by cullen and given the respect he deserves by Lorenzo seems great. I just hope it's better than siege Optimus

I’ll wait to give my thoughts until we at least get a trailer, I don’t want to judge the movie already. Although I have to admit, the idea of Scourge being the villain does excite me a bit.

Something I'm a little bit irked on, at least by the sound of things, is that some characters sound like they have the name of one but the appearance or personality of another. Mirage being a silver Porsche with blue stripes (Jazz), Nightbird switching between factions while playing everyone (Sideways).

Well, no Predacons have been named as of yet, but they're confirmed to be appearing as a tribe of reptilians, so there's a chance Megatron could be among them (likely as another name, either Galavar or Gnashteeth, and we'll get to see him take on the name of Megatron).

It’s also kinda weird since if I remember correctly the maximums and predacons are supposed to be decndents of the of autobots and deceptions(in the so atleast) so are they both just sub groups of the autobots and deceptions or there own thing?

Apparently yeah. There seems to be no predacons and only terrorcons, and they seem to be some sorta mercenary group? Maximals seem to be a thing tho. Maximals are apparently ancient transformers for some reason

Also I kinda hope we get at least tier 7 feats. Any thing tier 8 is kinda sad I won't lie.

Also the new Netflix Kingdom trailer leaked. It's region locked tho. This is only a small leak

The maximals look cool. Ultra Magnus being some sorta nemesis kind a figure is cool. Optimus' voice acting is still hilariously bad. I still don't have high hopes for it tbh

[POTENTIAL SPOILERS - this is all gathered from various press releases and reports, but don't read if you don't wanna know anything]

Having read from various sources, here're all the currently confirmed details of the new Transformers movie, Rise of the Beasts:

It'll be set in 1994 (emphasizing the hip hop era), and be a globe-trotting adventure from Brooklyn to Peru. The man human characters are Noah, an ex-military electronics whiz, and Elena, a researcher of artifacts who keeps having credit for her work taken by her boss. The Transformers themselves will include:

• The Autobots - Bumblebee (not much said about him), Optimus Prime (will be the main character, focusing on him learning how to be a leader), Arcee (turns into a motorbike, apparently will look like a blend of G1 and Prime) and Mirage (rebellious, constantly changing alt-mode, apparently his design is just gonna be Jazz)

• The Decepticons - None specifically confirmed so far, but it seems like they'll be set up as doing their usual thing, only to have the role of main antagonists yanked away from them by...

• The Terrorcons (Cultists of Unicron) - Scourge (the twisted Big Bad, will look akin to a blend of The Fallen and DOTM Megatron - wrapped in chains, wheels on hips, smokestacks on shoulders, giant spinning electric claw-hand, goatee of fire, collects the badges of fallen foes and welds them to himself) and Nightbird (right-hand girl, shiftless ninja, turns from a grey and purple Nissan into a robot mode akin to her G1 appearance, with influences from the Predator)

• The Maximals (time-traveling descendants of the Autobots, beast modes are gigantic and are said to blend organic and clockwork aesthetics) - Optimus Primal (father of the group, fierce yet sagely, will have philosophical debates with Prime), Airazor (heart of the group), Rhinox (muscle of the group, old but cunning and eager bruiser, expected to be a fan-favourite) and Cheetor (no much said about him)

• The Predacons - None specifically confirmed so far, but they're described as a tribe of reptilians, to the Decepticons what the Maximals are to the Autobots.

Ye know, if they removed the maximals or the beast wars portion of the film. I might've been on board with it

Apparently yeah. There seems to be no predacons and only terrorcons, and they seem to be some sorta mercenary group? Maximals seem to be a thing tho. Maximals are apparently ancient transformers for some reason

Also I kinda hope we get at least tier 7 feats. Any thing tier 8 is kinda sad I won't lie.
Terracons? Aren’t they supposed to be a group of combiners?

Also, I think it's pretty cool how we're hinted Unicron exists in here because the terrorcons are Unicron cultists. And apparently, some of the merch and concept art already hint at Optimus having a G1 matrix in this universe.

It’s also kinda weird since if I remember correctly the maximums and predacons are supposed to be decndents of the of autobots and deceptions(in the so atleast) so are they both just sub groups of the autobots and deceptions or there own thing?
In some continuities that's indeed the case for Maximals and Predacons, or the Predacons are in some way related to the original Predacons which formed the combiner Predaking. This is done in order to have both the Beast Wars and G1 cast together for some nice interactions.

I'm personally more of a fan of them being descendants since that was a big part of their characters in the Beast Wars show.

Also I created the a sandbox fo BBB movie Optimus. But before I post it, I wanna ask. What should we name him? I'm reluctant to call the page Optimus Prime (Travis Knight) as Travis Knight only directs one movie. I guess Optimus Prime (Knightverse) could work, as that is what people refer to the reboot movies as, but I dunno

Also I created the a sandbox fo BBB movie Optimus. But before I post it, I wanna ask. What should we name him? I'm reluctant to call the page Optimus Prime (Travis Knight) as Travis Knight only directs one movie. I guess Optimus Prime (Knightverse) could work, as that is what people refer to the reboot movies as, but I dunno
Knightverse sounds better

Oh yeah. I'll just send them to be quick. Also I'll try get someone to calc the tower feat, looks to be a potential High 8-C feat

Tbh, The Cybertron game characters (at least Optimus and Megatron) should have profiles or keys added to the alligned characters. I've noticed that the weaponry they use has a lot of hax to it such as having the ability to create black holes, disintegrate enemies, etc.

Tbh, The Cybertron game characters (at least Optimus and Megatron) should have profiles or keys added to the alligned characters. I've noticed that the weaponry they use has a lot of hax to it such as having the ability to create black holes, disintegrate enemies, etc.
They should have seperate profiles. We don't consider the games canon to prime

Been busy with other stuff, and I need one of the calcs to be approved, specifically the one with Lockdown dodging Ratchet's EMP gun.

Yeah, but Jasonsith is ignoring the fact that Lockdown dodged AFTER Ratchet shot, not before, because you hear the sound of the EMP continue after Ratchet shoots it and when it goes into the next scene with Lockdown dodging.

So I need others to check the calc and realize that it's not aimdodging.

Back