• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TWO PSYCHICS CLASH! Tatsumaki vs Gardevoir!

Tatsumaki vs Gardevoir ALT

It must be my birthday! My two favorite psychics are FINALLY in the same tier.

Tatsumaki - 0 ( )

VS

Gardevoir - 0 ( )

Inconclusive - 0 ( )

BATTLE CONDITIONS/RULES:

Tatsumaki is called in to take down a new monster that seemingly popped into existence and is causing havoc throughout G-City. Gardevoir is lashing out in confusion and frustration after having being suddenly swept from its world into much different one and was ambushed by a malevolent monster which it quickly killed and is now in a panicked frenzy.

Gardevoir is in base.

Speed is equalized.

Neither have any knowledge or preptime.

Win is through any method.

Battle is in a city, starting distance is 50 meters.

WeeklyBattles said:
Boi
Gardevoir can both fly AND teleport

CAN gardevoir actually fly though, I know she can levitate through her own powers but I dont think Gardevoir has ever flown before.

Yes! Finally! Someone noticed! I was hoping someone would do this so I didn't have to and I could vote!

Tatsu is strongerbcasually . If she exerted actual effort itd be decently higher going off her battle against the association .

The issue is whether or not Tats even lets Gard pull it off and not like that would really stop someone from being infected by that aura manip Tats does.

Also everyone loves the BFR argument but no one goes for the meteor summoning argument ;;

The Aura thing might be resisted, given it's based on her psychic powers, and in Pokémon, Aura attacks have a neutral matchup at best.

That's been broken so many times in the anime only to be readdressed later. But yes, we disregard the 4 slots thing as it's bs in lore, and contradicted in canon.

Anyway, a lot of Tatsu's powers come from TK. Gardevoir also had TK. So nullifying that and...well...

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Actually how , do we disregard the 4 slots , since pretty sure it is canon .

nope 4 moves is pretty much purely game mechanics

hell at one point the developers of Pokemon were thinking of changing to FIVE moves at one point.

If I find a direct statenent in game, anime or manga , may ask ya retract that statement .

I mean I'm not gonna , I know it exists , hell if I'm looking for it .

Metagross is an old supercomputer cal , 15 years outdated ovo .

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
If I find a direct statenent in game, anime or manga , may ask ya retract that statement .

I mean I'm not gonna , I know it exists , hell if I'm looking for it .

Metagross is an old supercomputer cal , 15 years outdated ovo .
It's undoubtedly stated in the anime. It's why Pikachu doesn't know Volt Tackle anymore. Doesn't make it any less contradictory, bs, and inconsistent.

Gardevoir will be takig half damage from Tats attacks which are still pretty damn casual

mind you Tats's tier is from fairly casual stuff so she spam it nothing else given its casual

Back