• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

You can just get its volume by dividing its weight by the density of rock. Though, this would be pointless since they scale to something higher than that anyway.
What's the current scaling point feat?
If we assume V. Frag or even Pulverization for making the hole, it could be notable.

Spamton is either in danger & wants into a heart because he's "being killed with insulating foam"... or just really wants someone's heart.
He also acts like he's been "cursed"/betrayed by a previous lover in 1 Valentine.
His third one is a reference to a certain kind of document leaking from a certain kind of forum. Might be a notable hacking feat?

Toriel heard a joke Alphys made, implying they communicate somehow.

Lol, 1 of Berdly's Valentines has a grammar mistake.

Berdly got 2, but Noelle... only got 1.

20-noelle-1-n-BTnWWfsnMDoHSgSw.png

& it's incredibly generic, even if it does have a fitting Christmas theme. Did they just not wanna break her Christmas theming? Are they trying to keep Noelle mysterious because plot significance?? Is it because of the Noelle x Susie thing & they felt that using them for Valentines would betray that? Or is the Weird Route canon & Noelle just hates the audience/player because of it?
Susie also got 0 Valentines, could that have anything to do with it? Nor did Kris.
Or lack of time/resources/investment by the creators?

Wait.... Ralsei is the only playable character who sent the audience a Valentine!! (Susie wrote on his, but still.)

I guess it'd be kinda weird if they did?
Still, no Valentine from canon couple Noelle to Susie or anything?

MTT accepts Valentines submissions all year. Delightful. (Jockington, MTT, & Hathy also only got 1, but Burgerpants got 2!)

Burgerpants's 1st Valentine: "My boss is insane. He writers a response by hand to every single one of his fans that sends him a Valentine. ... and guess who has to deliver all of those? By hand? With a big smile? Singing a special song? And doing a special dance? And wearing a special costume? I hate Valentine's Day."\
Stamina feat for Burgerpants, I guess. His 2nd card also implies he's a bit cynical & sadistic.

Hathy's just says: "(Shoot you with hearts)." (Sic)
IDK if that counts as anything.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the letter from unknown is unusually long, & can hear an implied response from the audience, as well as apparently transmit sound said audience can hear. (& may require some weird "Heart-squinting" to properly read?)

There's also an apparently blank Valentine:

This Valentine reveals the names of 2 characters from a future chapter we've seen in other materials. (The poetry seems to be just that, I'm not sure it's feat-relevant.)

Rouxls has a Valentine that implies he's attracted to some of the other Valentine's senders. Or thinks they're talented. Hard to tell what he means by "kind of... hotte with it.". Maybe it means he just thinks they're remarkably passionate?

Rouxls has apparently forgotten what Queen looks like, despite being attracted to her. Intelligence anti-feat?

The audience is implied to be able to "solve" Rouxls's "puzzle" (As could be expected given Rouxls's reputation for making very easy puzzles.) & Rouxls can perceive them solving it.

Rouxls has a 4th Valentine asserting the solution is something different.

Bruh, why did Rouxls get 4 Valentine's?!

Last edited:
So, I noticed that a Youtuber I like has been fan-voicing Valentine's Letters ( Video link ), mind, these videos seem to group multiple Valentines into 1 video each, even if they're separate; The linked one combines 2 Undyne Valentine's for example.

Anyway, that reminded me that I wanted to see if anyone had done the work I was too dumb/lazy to do when the Newsletter came out, & gather all the Valentine's on the website, since there was like, 50 of them, statedly?

I'm a bit too distracted to go over them AtM, but this Reddit post has gathered them:

IDK if the rarities mentioned has any impact or how it works.

The 1 that video made me especially take note was this 1 of Undyne's:

29-undyne-1-n-nNNPW3J7K3g1AqmU.png

For those who can't see it or just prefer transcripts:

"Dear Valentine, NGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! That two ton-heartshaped boulder in front of your door is from me! ... What? It's blocking the way? Wait!! Give me ten minutes!! I'll punch a heart-shaped hole in it for you!!!"

So the bad news:

She asks for ten minutes. We don't know if it's for travel time, or because she has to spend a lot of time doing hits to make the hole. (Presuming she isn't using equipment, not that I could see her using anything but her fists or maybe her spears.) My optimistic side says travel time.

The good news:

She gave it a mass (Two ton! US ton, short ton, or metric tonne, though?) & the dialogue indicates it's blocking the door. Unless it's so tiny that you can smash a hole in the door to "open" it by slamming the door against the practically immovably heavy (for you) boulder (& the term suggests it's big anyway.), this suggests it's at least big enough to block a notable portion of a doorway.

Googling, common boulder materials include sandstone or granite & the density for these is 1.61-2.76 g/cm3 (Sandstone) & 2.63-2.75 g/cm3 (Granite).

If we assume a simple sphere, & use material assumptions like that, we can get a volume from the mass for the boulder. Assuming a simple sphere or such. Alternatively, we base its size on it being big enough to block a door.

If we assume Undyne can punch a "heart-shaped hole" in it as she claims she'll do AND she can do it in 1 blow (Assuming the 10 minutes isn't because she needs multiple hits.) we can get a destruction value based on the materials, & thus a yield for this feat!

Would this be valid? Would it not be calc stacking or such?

Holy hell I can't believe I didn't see this, good find!

I'm 99% sure she's referring to travel time based on wording. Strange wording for the other alternative context. This should be considered both a lifting strength feat and AP statement in my book. Also adds consistency to her already known LS feat.

Holy hell I can't believe I didn't see this, good find!

I'm 99% sure she's referring to travel time based on wording. Strange wording for the other alternative context. This should be considered both a lifting strength feat and AP statement in my book. Also adds consistency to her already known LS feat.
Once again, apologies but what's her already known LS feat?
@Psychomaster35 mentioned her having an already existing feat here:
You can just get its volume by dividing its weight by the density of rock. Though, this would be pointless since they scale to something higher than that anyway.
But IDK what's being referred to.

Would anyone be willing to fill me in, please?

That said, true that her carrying a 2 ton (Again, which kind of ton, Toby?!) boulder could be slightly higher LS than 2 ton(nes?) if we're allowed to account for the fact that she presumably carried & thus walked with it, but IDK if we can count that.

Once again, apologies but what's her already known LS feat?
@Psychomaster35 mentioned her having an already existing feat here:

But IDK what's being referred to.

Would anyone be willing to fill me in, please?

That said, true that her carrying a 2 ton (Again, which kind of ton, Toby?!) boulder could be slightly higher LS than 2 ton(nes?) if we're allowed to account for the fact that she presumably carried & thus walked with it, but IDK if we can count that.
The vague feat where she lifted a "huge" boulder mid-fight, while wearing full metal plated armor I might add.

So yeah. We have a new supporting feat for Undyne (Maybe its calc-able?), a Stamina feat for Burgerpants, Hathy might have a feat, depending on how its message is interpreted, 2 characters got name reveals, Rouxls can perceive the audience solving the "puzzle" on his Valentine.... But also the Valentine's might just be an in-universe thing because Alphys's has a QR Code on the back, which we can't actually see, because the backs of the Valentines were made never IRL.

Also, that's MAYBE some kind of tech progression or indicator for UT if we count this as canon, since QR Codes are kinda far future.
Unlike DR where a laptop is state of the art, the TV is old & blocky, & the only handheld phone we've seen is a brick.

Toriel's Valentine's imply either Sans relayed a joke from Alphys to her, or she overheard Alphys; The latter would suggest these happen after the barrier's dispelling in UT, since that's around when Toriel left the ruins now that everyone was free.

Spamton might have a hacking/intelligence feat for how he got those documents.

Rouxls also forgot what Queen looked like, so that's notable about his Intelligence.
Oh, & Rouxls having a follow-up Valentine where he clarifies the solution to his puzzle in a previous Valentine because of how others have been solving it suggests there's an order.

So it may be they're interacting with an in-universe "audience" or group of readers, rather than players or such, as, IRL, all these Valentine images were sent out practically simeultaneously, AFAIK.

The fact of who sends Valentine's is also intrigueing, as I mentioned earlier. Of the students & player characters:
1. Ralsei, who has an implied weird friendliness to the SOUL/Player.

2. Noelle, who just sends a generic Christmas-themed Valentine that says "Happy Holidays from the Holidays!!!". Either she's still doing this really conformistly, possibly because of her mother the mayor, &/or she's dispassionate? Is the weird route canon & her mind is messed up? Or is she the only player-controllable character other than Ralsei sending a Valentine BECAUSE of the weird route? Or is it happening BECAUSE the Weird Route did NOT happen? I'm probably being dumb, but it vexes me!

3. Jockington. This is the same guy who posted nothing but sports ball images as indicated in Noelle's blog from the Sweepstakes, & also the same guy, who, IIRC, did a school report that was nothing but dozens of photos of the same soccer ball, copy & pasted over & over again.

4. Berdly. Berdly is characterizated as desperate for validation &/or maybe a bit egomaniacal, & desiring attention. With that in mind, only 2 is a little surprising.

The fact that Susie does nothing BUT mess up Ralsei's Valentine's (1 of which is to her & more like a... friendly negotiation, I guess?) & doesn't appear off-screen is curious.
& I'm surprised Kris, the supposed big prankster is totally absent from this. Do they dislike love? Is it because they resent us? But they won't even send any to others like other characters did? Or do they know we can see any Valentine's they send & so they didn't make any to hide them?

Maybe the blank is Kris's? Who else would send a blank Valentine? Why would Gaster? Maybe the 2nd scientist? The vessel?

Pardon all my rambling, please.

Haven't watched this fully, but it's interesting so far.

Oh yeah I saw that. Was gonna post it but I forgot. Neat theory. Think it's plausible and he makes some good points. And I mean yeah just on a basic level, all-caps text doesn't necessarily mean that it's Gaster.

Pardon me posting another YT video, but curious about what y'all think about this:

Seems a bit farfetched but plausible. There's a ton of theories that can be made on Deltarune so I try not to focus on more specific or "out-there" theories among the crowd. Especially theories that speculate about very particular details of something rather than broader ones. For theories like this I'd rather just wait and get more info. Of course nothing wrong with making crazy theories, I mean they're not supposed to be facts in the first place, but I prefer them to be a bit more grounded to take them seriously.

what do you guys think of this for omega flowey stuff?

should frisk still scale to flowey if we assume the only reason he's taking any damage is him lowering his stats over time (as Napstablook can do the same with HP), and that the human souls aren't nearly as prone to rebelling (and that he still exercises control over them even after "losing" them in the soul phases by LOADing File 3 right before the actual rebellion) as the page implies they are ?

what do you guys think of this for omega flowey stuff?

should frisk still scale to flowey if we assume the only reason he's taking any damage is him lowering his stats over time (as Napstablook can do the same with HP), and that the human souls aren't nearly as prone to rebelling (and that he still exercises control over them even after "losing" them in the soul phases by LOADing File 3 right before the actual rebellion) as the page implies they are ?
The Tumblr blog makes perfect sense and has me convinced. Although, I don't think it matters that much for Frisk scaling since Flowey's tier is Unknown in that form.

Back