• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

My issue is that DT seems to never really bother the immaterial mind that makes someone's being, as they need to just refuse to die, Flowey even said it that he actively refused to while dying for the 1st time, this is why it's Low Godly and not Mid Godly, as Mid Godly needs also the mind to be erased.

Indeed it is metaphorical, it's a reference to how the user can change the course of events through the knowledge they've gained through resets, not that they can actively change the fate of events in a whim like Remilia Scarlet or Yhwach lol.
Yeah makes sense.

Mm but like, the thing is, in some verses, fate is an unavoidable and inexorable concept. But in some verses like UT it's easy af to change fate if you can just time manip. Or even in the verses where fate is a powerful force, time manip is p much the only thing that can change it. Which is where it gets a bit messy when we start to compare verses to each other. Cause if you take a being that can change fate via time manip and put them into a verse where fate is a virtually unbreakable concept, what happens? Do we just say "this fate>that fate so fate still do fate xd".

Mm but like, the thing is, in some verses, fate is an unavoidable and inexorable concept. But in some verses like UT it's easy af to change fate if you can just time manip. Or even in the verses where fate is a powerful force, time manip is p much the only thing that can change it. Which is where it gets a bit messy when we start to compare verses to each other.
UT =/= Those verses for one, let's not compare stuff to mechanics that are radically different from UT's.

Plus, Flowey already hints at DT users being able to reshape the world thanks to this ability, as they literally have 0 consequences due to them being capable of resetting away whatever happens, making them able to do literally whatever they want to without any limit, hence why they "change fate", because they can do something that normally would be impossible for them (like beating a certain enemy).
Cause if you take a being that can change fate via time manip and put them into a verse where fate is a virtually unbreakable concept, what happens? Do we just say "this fate>that fate so fate still do fate xd".
I think it's more a side effect of DT rather than an active thing, it's living giving to GER Time manip through RtZ when it's just a product of his Causality Hax, or giving to any Fire/Explosion user Heat hax because of them causing big heat with their attacks.

Fate Hax is given only if they directly change it without any secondary effect. If the verse has the fate as "some ummovable force", that's more a feat of the fate hax in question (right Yhwach?).

I more so mean a resistance to fate hax at this point. Like, if a character can resist something that's outright fated to happen no matter what, shouldn't that constitute a resistance to fate hax, even if it's done through time manip?

I more so mean a resistance to fate hax at this point. Like, if a character can resist something that's outright fated to happen no matter what, shouldn't that constitute a resistance to fate hax, even if it's done through time manip?
No. It's just bypassing it through time hax, and also depends on the fate hax in question as well.

If the character puts fate hax as some thing that can't be broken to begin with, no matter what one does, then ok. But UT has no such context.

No. It's just bypassing it through time hax, and also depends on the fate hax in question as well.

If the character puts fate hax as some thing that can't be broken to begin with, no matter what one does, then ok. But UT has no such context.
That's what I'm saying, so basically your answer is yes. I wasn't talking bout UT anymore in regards to that topic.

Yeah makes sense.

Mm but like, the thing is, in some verses, fate is an unavoidable and inexorable concept. But in some verses like UT it's easy af to change fate if you can just time manip. Or even in the verses where fate is a powerful force, time manip is p much the only thing that can change it. Which is where it gets a bit messy when we start to compare verses to each other. Cause if you take a being that can change fate via time manip and put them into a verse where fate is a virtually unbreakable concept, what happens? Do we just say "this fate>that fate so fate still do fate xd".
* Fate finds a way.

Last thing would technicall giving to Frisk from some kind of High Godly if the Hyper Goner can indeed kill them instead of just reducing their HP to 1.
About this, tried rn the Asriel fight through the Flowey Time Machine and... it does not kill you even if you have 1 HP left, it can't make you at less than 1 HP, sadly.

Just finished Undertale Yellow's pacifist route a minute ago and...
Its Peak Peak Fiction GIF - Its Peak Peak Fiction One Piece ...

Yeah Undertale Yellow getting released is wild I remember the hype around the demo way back when. That's some genuine dedication, especially when the fanbase is at like not even nearly half of its former, uh, I wouldn't say "glory" but yk what I mean.

BTW when will be doing a normal Gaster page (when chapter 6), probably Gaster will have mind manipulation because when we give a gift to the Vessel, we can give it ambition or Bravery or smth else

I think that's more a specific vein of mental hax that would require a specific name. But yeah he'll prob have mind hax.

He has that, and he could also drive Spamton and Jevil, especially Jevil, absolutely insane (assuming it was him which it like, 99% definitely was), presumably by just giving them information he possesses.
Being capable of giving The Vessel Ambition/Mind/Kindness or Bravery seems something cool

I am playing Undertale Yellow. I reached hotlands. I killed the Adventure Time vampire and every monster that attacked me minus the corn that loved me.

My morals are simple, if you attack me, I will kill you unless you get on your knees and ask for mercy. That's why I spared blue bird Papyrus woman.

The gameplay is decent so far. I would have liked if the armor and guns were visible but what I had is fine. I like the bullets a bit. The ice bullets are my favorite for killing enemies, I just wish it had an icy effect like inducing slowness.

Either way I am not regretting killing anyone. Once I finish my playthrough, I'll never play this game again. I may watch a gameplay video but I won't commit to another playthrough unless I feel like murdering absolutely everyone for the funsies. I mean, these games are supposed to be a measurement of your morals, of my soul. It wouldn't feel genuine if I went back in time and killed or spared everyone. I would have dropped this game if I didn't know there was a cute furry girl I want to me and that it's short, like 3 hours long.

Either way, I am not liking the characters so far. They're cringy and it makes me want to kill them. Minus the cups. They're chill for not attacking me. They haven't violated the NAP so they don't get shot. This is America after all.

I will make an update in my next gameplay session.

4ch user be like
I am playing Undertale Yellow. I reached hotlands. I killed the Adventure Time vampire and every monster that attacked me minus the corn that loved me.

My morals are simple, if you attack me, I will kill you unless you get on your knees and ask for mercy. That's why I spared blue bird Papyrus woman.

The gameplay is decent so far. I would have liked if the armor and guns were visible but what I had is fine. I like the bullets a bit. The ice bullets are my favorite for killing enemies, I just wish it had an icy effect like inducing slowness.

Either way I am not regretting killing anyone. Once I finish my playthrough, I'll never play this game again. I may watch a gameplay video but I won't commit to another playthrough unless I feel like murdering absolutely everyone for the funsies. I mean, these games are supposed to be a measurement of your morals, of my soul. It wouldn't feel genuine if I went back in time and killed or spared everyone. I would have dropped this game if I didn't know there was a cute furry girl I want to me and that it's short, like 3 hours long.

Either way, I am not liking the characters so far. They're cringy and it makes me want to kill them. Minus the cups. They're chill for not attacking me. They haven't violated the NAP so they don't get shot. This is America after all.

Lowkey, more unpleasant than scary lol.
To be honest, "scary" in Undertale doesn't sound right, it's just not the game. Photoshop Flowey also never really scared me or something like that, it definitely had shock value, but I never got affected from it outside of "well that was cool".

Y'all better see this.

So, there was some things about 9-B Monsters being 9-A thanks to the Ice Cap calc.

If it's legit it'd partially fix the unfortunate glass cannon state of some monsters (but anyone downscaling from MTT feels weird so some boundaries have to be met lol)

Ice Cap has 11 ATK and 6 DEF, so I guess anyone with or more than 6 stats would be 9-A
Dunno if we should scale it to the 0 stats and higher gang due to Moldsmal tho

Has anyone here read the Oblivion Theory.

It's "just a theory" but I think that it's one of the best analyses of UNDERTALE and deltarune's meta-narratives,even if you disagree with it's speculative elements.

It's 291 pages long but still well worth the read.

Has anyone here read the Oblivion Theory.

It's "just a theory" but I think that it's one of the best analyses of UNDERTALE and deltarune's meta-narratives,even if you disagree with it's speculative elements.

It's 291 pages long but still well worth the read.
I'ma have to read that in increments wtf 😭😭😭 that's the longest Google Doc I've ever seen, by FAR. Sounds interesting tho.

What is it about?
Here is the first two pharagraphs of the document.
"Pile Of Snow Theory" / Oblivion Theory is a name given by me (@wandydoodles / Alex) and some other people to a group of concepts regarding the plot of Deltarune, and partially the plot of Undertale.
These concepts are a few, but ultimately all connected into one big idea that doesn't just have the purpose of theorizing, but also to explain the true nature of Undertale and its relationship with the player. This is mostly an in-depth analysis of what Undertale is as a series, and of everything regarding the meta narratives of it, so don't expect it to be only a theory. It has its more speculative side regarding the continuation of Deltarune, and how these narratives affect it, but it's only a part of it.
Full document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/104Zz_YZorzEaxJjA0Rn1_cm6reP_DBLerVKF2FUwpVo/edit

Last edited:

I killed the mexican monster (I forgot his name)
I met Ceroba (Man, I love furries) and Starlo. I spared Starlo.
I killed Axis.
The game is bad. I won't be playing it again. The characters are so obnoxious that I avoided talking to them. I have never met NPCs so obnoxious until Undertale Yellow. One of them even called herself a Girlboss. Cringy. The game not letting you kill her is bad video game design.

Back