• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

INV is a stat unique to Undertale, with its own properties, we cannot interpolate a Resistance that comes from a stat to any random character that has some kind of invulnerability.
Not actually. Invulnerability is something general and lots of profiles have it. UT just treats it in a game mechanic, but it is still INV. So no, it's something that a character can use to improve durability as I stated before.

Except INV isn't a stat in the same way as ATK or DEF, it doesn't get higher as you gain more LV for example.
Speed is also a stat and it does not increase with LV, yet it is treated as a canon stat. I don't understand why INV would not be canon since the game treats it like a canon thing, even being mentioned in items, and characters referring and interferring with it, such as Sans

it doesn't "add" to your durability, your durability stays the same regardless of invulnerability
No, it does not. Sonic changes his durability once he gains invulnerability as I showed you, I don't know why you're refusing to see it already since I showed you this.

Dura Neg is not AP in the slightiest
Once again you're not reading and just spamming this comments. I did not say Dura Neg is AP, I said it ADDS to AP just like Omnipresence adds to speed as I showed up above. Please, read things before taking a heads up on someone's commentary.

No it doesn't, it says that it makes him harm to kill and harm, just like how frisk has their revival and time manip on their durability section for the same reason

I am part of the people who made Sonic invulnerable in the first place, to say that i am reading wrong and that you are right no matter what is really bold
Sonic's durability literally changes on his profile thanks to INV, I literally sent you... And sorry, but if you're claiming to be one of those who worked on it.. then you did not a great job if you don't even understand the job you did.

No, it does not. Sonic changes his durability once he gains invulnerability as I showed you, I don't know why you're refusing to see it already since I showed you this.
"Varies, Universe level+, up to Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ at his peak (Able to sustain damage from Solaris and continue fighting.[15] Temporarily caught and held back a laser fired by The End with his bare hands[16]), higher with Super Sonic Boost, far higher with Cyber Corruption, even higher with the Perfect Parry (With the trade-off of needing to be timed precisely compared to the original Parry, Super Sonic is stated to be capable of parrying anything with it[17]). Invulnerability makes it difficult to conventionally harm him"

His Dura don't change once he gets invul, his profile just say that Invul makes difficult to conventionally harm him, because Invuln don't change his dura, Invul negate the damage that he receive

Speed is also a stat and it does not increase with LV, yet it is treated as a canon stat. I don't understand why INV would not be canon since the game treats it like a canon thing, even being mentioned in items, and characters referring and interferring with it, such as Sans
Because "speed" is a stat, sure, but it's also... Speed. Like, the speed characters walk in. Inv could just be the player getting up after falling down, or "mercy frames", and Sans ignores that because he has no mercy at this point. Like, there's nothing in-universe that "proves" Frisk becomes invulnerable straight up after getting hit, to my knowledge at least (unless I'm proven wrong of course)

"Varies, Universe level+, up to Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ at his peak (Able to sustain damage from Solaris and continue fighting.[15] Temporarily caught and held back a laser fired by The End with his bare hands[16]), higher with Super Sonic Boost, far higher with Cyber Corruption, even higher with the Perfect Parry (With the trade-off of needing to be timed precisely compared to the original Parry, Super Sonic is stated to be capable of parrying anything with it[17]). Invulnerability makes it difficult to conventionally harm him"

His Dura don't change once he gets invul, his profile just say that Invul makes difficult to conventionally harm him, because Invuln don't change his dura, Invul negate the damage that he receive
| Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+, higher with Super Sonic Boost (Invulnerability makes it difficult to conventionally harm him)

Explain why he gets a higher durability with Invulnerability in this part then.

Because "speed" is a stat, sure, but it's also... Speed. Like, the speed characters walk in. Inv could just be the player getting up after falling down, or "mercy frames", and Sans ignores that because he has no mercy at this point. Like, there's nothing in-universe that "proves" Frisk becomes invulnerable straight up after getting hit, to my knowledge at least (unless I'm proven wrong of course)
But Speed is not treated nor mentioned AT ANY part in the game, and it's never used AT ANY part as well. INV in UT is literally mentioned in the temmie shop and Sans as well. Also, every stat in the game is canon, I don't see a reason for INV not to be canon as well.

But Speed is not treated nor mentioned AT ANY part in the game, and it's never used AT ANY part as well. INV in UT is literally mentioned in the temmie shop and Sans as well. Also, every stat in the game is canon, I don't see a reason for INV not to be canon as well.
ATK, DEF and Speed are "canon" because they are just physical stats. Inv isn't. Besides, INV is never mentioned except from texts explaining how it works (in the game of course, not in universe) and you'd think in a meta game like Undertale characters would mention it if your character became invulnerable to damage for a couple seconds, except it's never mentioned. At all.
| Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+, higher with Super Sonic Boost (Invulnerability makes it difficult to conventionally harm him)

Explain why he gets a higher durability with Invulnerability in this part then.
I don't think you're reading that right. He has higher durability with Super Sonic Boost plus Invulnerability makes it difficult to conventionally harm him. The higher durability doesn't come from the invulnerability, neither does the invulnerability come from the higher durability.

IKeeKon did his take on his view of DustTale tho, where Sans isn't complete madness, and Chara&Sans actually teamed up against someone else.

Not actually. Invulnerability is something general and lots of profiles have it. UT just treats it in a game mechanic, but it is still INV. So no, it's something that a character can use to improve durability as I stated before.
The INV stat in UNDERTALE increases the DURATION of post hit invulnerability.
I would like to remind everyone that INV isn't invulnerability but instead invulnerability DURATION. INV effects Sans' KARMA because it lengthens the time between his 1 hit points of damage. It doesn't make Frisk more durable at all.

Another one of these, yeah i know, i am bored too

Erasure of worlds/timelines does seem plausible, but IMHO, it sounded like the point was the Goners are gone/missing, hence them not being in their own timeline or such & only encounterable in unique circumstances. Unique "timelines", if we're to consider the different actions different players may take as leading to slightly different timelines, & the fun value as being meant to simulate that, in a meta sense.

Gaster seems to be creating them all, considering GONER_MAKER machine

Why would he do that?
I mean, they're his followers. What does a scientist need with followers? If it's to spread his knowledge -Assumed he's not too insane to do so- why through creating creepy people instead of books or something?
& why distribute them so randomly?
It's... actually a good question.
But by the way, Gaster is extremely afraid of The Angel, since its implied that the second Prophecy was kept in secret(japanese translations says its straight forward tho), probably Gaster just created them, so he would be safe and Goner would be destroyed if anything had happened.
Although, another interpretation is that it's the Goner Maker in that it "makes" people become "goners" somehow.
Well, when we were creating our own goner, we were assembling him like a LEGO. And it wasn't really having its own mind and that time

Source on those texts, please?
昔むかし ひそかに語りつがれる 言い伝えがあった。
(The Prophecy was kept in a secret)
While the english version is:
Once upon a time, a LEGEND was whispered among shadows.

Kept in a secret from who tho?

and Gaster has some terrible relationships with Angel since he wants to banish The Angel's Heaven, and also he destroys The Fountains which are apparently Holy
Wait.... Forgive my asking then, but where do we see/find the thing that's identified as the GONER_MAKER Machine?
My best guess is it's an internal name for the "character creator" in Deltarune. How (in)accurate is that guess of mine? No offense meant.
It's from the code itself , you know, in the code of deltarune everything what is gaster related is just typed differently, for example normal sprite would be spr_insertname while gaster related stuff will be IMAGE_PLACEHOLDER or SOUND_, PLACE_ and other stuff.
Speaking of that avatar, I wonder why Gaster would involve himself with creating that. Presumably it's part of some experiment he's overseeing.
But it's hard to figure out how that could be applied to the other goners/followers.
And then Goner was destroyed by some second creature who isn't Gaster.
Incidentally, if "Goner" means Missing -Unless that was just a strange choice for Japanese localization-, it's curious what that could mean for the fate of that avatar/character.
They certainly are missing from the plot. But will they stay that way?
Interesting.

Greetings. I have a question i want to ask, whats the basis for Immeasurable Asriel/Frisk (and by extension Chara)?
Because im looking at Hyper Goner, it doesnt SEEM to be erasing the timeline in a conventional way. It kinda looks like it shatters it to pieces and absorbs it from there.

Soooo.....dodging a piece of broken timeline = Immeasurable? I just wanna make sense of it all.

Greetings. I have a question i want to ask, whats the basis for Immeasurable Asriel/Frisk (and by extension Chara)?
Because im looking at Hyper Goner, it doesnt SEEM to be erasing the timeline in a conventional way. It kinda looks like it shatters it to pieces and absorbs it from there.

Soooo.....dodging a piece of broken timeline = Immeasurable? I just wanna make sense of it all.
I don't think it's because Frisk dodged pieces of a broken timeline, more so that, if Hyper Goner can pull an entire timeline into itself, escaping the force of its pull would require immeasurable speed.

I don't think it's because Frisk dodged pieces of a broken timeline, more so that, if Hyper Goner can pull an entire timeline into itself, escaping the force of its pull would require immeasurable speed.
It doesnt even look like Frisk is trying to escape the force of its pull- more like resisting it. You'd be more going side to side to dodge the pieces,or hell, im pretty sure you can stand still and you wont die to the attack. Correct me if im wrong though

that's weird
wouldn't it just require immeasurable LS? It's not like someone not being pulled in by something absorbing debris at rela+ speeds would make said person rela+ either

I mean, hell, does it even show Frisk being Immeasurable speed? Or would it just be Frisk resisting the effects of the timeline getting sucked in? Its not shown as Frisk outrunning the effect, its just Frisk not getting sucked in and dodging debris as it flies past him, towards Hyper Goner.

I just dont see it :/

Honestly the Immeasurable Speed is just very easy to understand.

Frisk simply dodged with sheer physical movement the destruction of the timeline, it's not shown "directly" because of how weird would it be to dodge omnidirectional attacks and the game has was made in GameMaker in what, 2013?

Plus you guys have to understand this is Undertale, everytime Frisk gets hit from something they receive damage mid-battle unless it's something scripted to not make them to (like MTT NEO exploding).

If Frisk does not dodge the Hyper Goner, their HP get reduced to 1, otherwise they'd still be at whatever amount they were before, it's not something that Frisk is supposed to no-sell, it's just another attack that you either dodge or get damaged.
wouldn't it just require immeasurable LS? It's not like someone not being pulled in by something absorbing debris at rela+ speeds would make said person rela+ either
To be fair this is more like a Black Hole here. I wouldn't say it's actually Immeasurable LS given how weird and vague the mechanics at play are here, but it's clear they did it through sheer movement.

But it really doesnt look like Frisk is like- outrunning the destruction of the timeline (that would make it very clear), but i can say that he DID survive it being consumed by the Hyper Goner
But my question is would Frisk dodging chunks of the timeline (presumably shattering around them) count as Immeasurable? How do we even know its even the chunks of the timeline your even trying to dodge?

Im not trying to downplay it (that aint gonna happen anytime soon), but im trying to understand it. Im not convinced :/

Back