• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ok ok, now let me explain. Mettaton. Just Mettaton. I was doing some research and I saw that Mettaton had 999 Def, and our "Multiverse Level" Frisk couldn't damage him. The description's explanation was and I quote "His Metal Body makes him Invulnerable to Attack". 999 Def! Our "Multiverse Level" Beings (Frisk/Chara at the end of the Genocide Run and Undyne the Undying) have 99 Attack. You see, on our VS Wiki, our Undertale Attack Potencies seem to be Power Scaling from other characters Attack Stats.

Example: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Undyne (Base Form) has 50 Attack, making her City Level, and is Superior to https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Papyrus and https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tsunderplane who are City Level. Now here is the problem, we scale off of Attack Potencies, and our "Multiverse Level Characters" have 99 Attack (Frisk/Chara and UtU). 99/50= Roughly 2. So when Undyne goes from her base to UtU, she becomes twice as Powerful. I'm pretty sure City Level x 2 =/= Multiverse Level, I'm pretty sure that's City Level+ at best. Now Frisk/Chara has died by UtU many times, so shouldn't he/she only be City Level+ as well?

Not convinced yet? Let me get back to https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mettato. Mettaton is Invulnerable to Attack because he is made of METAL. Now before you say "It's some special kind of Multiverse Level Durability Level Metal", let me just tell you why that's unlikely. In the Underground, life is horrible there, there are very few technological advancements, and they seem to be generally behind humanity. There is only one robot there, and that's Mettaton. Now what does this have to do with it? Well, if they're behind humanity in terms of technological advances, and if an Island full of the toughest metals were destroyed, those metals would be gone two. No where in Mettaton's description does it say any type of Metal, just that he's made of Metal. They haven't even mentioned what Metal he's made of, so it's more than likely an existing metal IRL, so it's nothing that could take a City Level Explosion, yet he's the most durable character (Besides Asriel). Frisk/Chara, UtU, they can't hurt him, yet he's just some robot.

So overall, these characters aren't "Multiverse Level", they can't hurt a freaking robot who's just "made of metal" (it says nothing special about him at all, so we can't conclude that he's some special type of metal), so he's immune to anyone's attacks (because he's made of metal). You can't not harm a robot, yet be Multiverse Level, especially when it's more than likely just some ordinary robot.

Now before you say "Frisk defeated Omega Flowey" (which couldn't have been done without 6 other human souls, so forget counting it) and "Chara destroyed a Timeline", well I have a simple explanation for both. They are both outlier feats, those feats were PIS, and they wouldn't be able to do that without the PIS.

Now I have no idea about Omega Flowey and Asriel, they're still up in the air, but UtU and Frisk/Chara aren't Multiverse Level (especially when we scale off of stats), because they can't harm Mettaton.

a) Horrendous downplay

b) Frisk is not at their peak of 2-B when they fight Mettaton

this is absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back