• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale - Downgrades are wack

It appears she summon them already on fire, yes.
She just needs to pop them into existence and gravity would do the rest.
This would mean she doesn't actually have to simultaneously control all 41 meteors.​
I would rather not make unnecessary assumptions about how or where the meteors are coming from.

Still, Frisk can be damaged by a single meteor's KE... so I'm not really sure about using the whole barrage or even 5 meteors at once, they are all separated meteors with separated KE.

It is, you can visibly see the calf, it is just the lower leg it's not the entire leg
Except we can see his heels compared to this leg and they look small enough to fit the entire leg.

Unless of course, you think Mettaton's heels shrinked to a fraction of the leg's full length just for this attack.

... And it doesn't negate the fact that you are measuring legs that don't exist.

Dude... It's literally changing a calc with a scaling we already accept lol.
"Anyone with comparable or higher ATK than her pretty much upscales from this"

Technically there is nothing wrong with this statement, he is not denying the downscaling.

Still, Frisk can be damaged by a single meteor's KE... so I'm not really sure about using the whole barrage or even 5 meteors at once, they are all separated meteors with separated KE.
Frisk may still be vulnerable to the secondary effects like shrapnel and heat, I think that's the reason why the 0.83 Tons Frisk can still be harmed by Vulkin's 0.36 Tons Lightning

This can pretty much be explained from Frisk downscaling from her attack value tbf.

Anyone with comparable or higher ATK than her pretty much upscales from this

Uhm, no? Most of the monsters downscale on the basis on Papyrus being still comparable to Undyne with his 20 ATK and Undyne having a durability of 20 DEF being similar to her ATK of 50 too. Remove that part, please.
I never mentioned anything about the monsters with an ATK value less than Knight Knight not scaling to it, I only mentioned that anyone with an ATK value higher than her upscales.

The first thing you said
Okay, then you should count only the maximum number of meteors that are in motion during a single frame, like this one.

I can count like 25 meteors onscreen, but you could probably count more or less using different moments of the attack.

I would rather not make unnecessary assumptions about how or where the meteors are coming from.
I don't enjoy the idea of the meteors accelerating to Mach 5 instantly, but it's fine.

I made a version including all 3 possible ends, could you take a look?

It's seems as if @Psychomaster35 and I disagree on pixelscaling sizes.
If you could double check, it would be grand.​

I am sad to see the downgrades but overall I'd say i am neutral on the sun (or agree i guess it's kinda weird anyways) and fully disagree with the magic lightning ≠ real one. Something being magical doesn't discredit its existence.

It's seems as if @Psychomaster35 and I disagree on pixelscaling sizes.
If you could double check, it would be grand.​
After counting every pixel that makes up the heart, I got 38 pixels, which is closer to your 36 px, while Psycho only got 20 px.

That being said, I want you to add another end, using the at least 25 meteors that can be shown moving at the same time.

Anyone is welcome to try to find a frame with the most meteors on-screen, if you want to get the highest results.

If people think that the outscreen meteors and those that haven't even been created still count for the feat, then I will choose the 9-A+ end, it is more consistent with Mettaton EX's calc after all.

Last edited:
TEAM FORTRESS 2 VS UNDERTAIL IS NOW POSSIBLE
S5LSUeT.png

After counting every pixel that makes up the heart, I got 38 pixels, which is closer to your 36 px, while Psycho only got 20 px.
I think that’s probably because we are all using different screen resolutions based on the devices we are using. I’m on iPad.

did jevil and spamton fight for writting this CRT lmao?

anyway, idk about the sun and mettaton leg one but the lightning part, well, the lightning feats page says "Cloud-to-ground lightning is considered to be real lightning, as long there is nothing suggesting otherwise."

it being magical doesn't discredit it being a cloud so i think it is fine, coming from clouds is probably the single most powerful evidence for the speed you can have in the wiki

I made a version including all 3 possible ends, could you take a look?​
After some consideration, I think the mid-end should be fine, Knight Knight takes some time to summon all those meteors on screen.

And it's more consistent with Mettaton EX's feat.

Knight Knight: 0.14 tons
Mettaton EX: 0.193 tons

This means Vulkin loses the requirement needed for their lightning to be MHS+.

Both Knight Knight and Mettaton EX are stronger than Vulkin, this extrapolation doesn't really work when 9-A+ are their best feats, and were not casual.

Electricity is formed when ice and water particles move rapidly inside clouds.

Vulkin's cloud is too small to have many ice and water particles, and it doesn't have much space for the particles to move and build up energy.

Also, nice double standards, I guess 2 tons is "too high" when someone much weaker than you can produce 0.47 tons earthquakes with their presence alone, but having 8-C lightning is perfectly fine when someone stronger than you only have an attack at 0.14 tons, pretty cool.

Last edited:
Both Knight and Mettaton EX are stronger than Vulkin, this extrapolation doesn't really work 9-A+ are their best feat.
This is legit taking things way too literally. They still work as supportive feats, higher tiered characters having lower yet comparable feats than the main one used happens all the time. With this logic using the explosion feat is wrong because the higher stats than 0 are in KJs instead of MJs.
Vulkin's cloud is too small to have many ice and water particles, and it doesn't have much space for the particles to move and build up energy.
Size doesn't matter if is still a cloud. Pizza Tower and EarthBound have that stuff accepted (despite latter doesn't really scale) despite those clouds being smaller.

Also, nice double standards, I guess 2 tons is "too high" when someone much weaker than you can produce 0.47 tons earthquakes with their presence alone, but having 8-C lightning is perfectly fine when someone stronger than you only have an attack at 0.14 tons, pretty cool.
This is taking it out of context, I said it because Queen stuff isn't confirmed to be lightning unlike Vulkin's case. If you want to make High 8-C Deltarune anyway I'm not going to stop you.

Both Knight Knight and Mettaton EX are stronger than Vulkin, this extrapolation doesn't really work when 9-A+ are their best feats, and were not casual.

Electricity is formed when ice and water particles move rapidly inside clouds.

Can we not play the "lol nice double standards" game? I get pointing out an inconsistency in arguments but this is getting accusatory real fast

This is taking it out of context, I said it because Queen stuff isn't confirmed to be lightning unlike Vulkin's case.
You literally were the one who suggested that idea in the first place, you only changed opinion after I told you the result.
Can we not play the "lol nice double standards" game? I get pointing out an inconsistency in arguments but this is getting accusatory real fast
I admit this was derailing on my part, so continuing with the thread.

Are you okay with Vulkin's lightning being 8-C?

You literally were the one who suggested that idea in the first place, you only changed opinion after I told you the result.
I legit couldn't tell that you'd use lightning, I believed you'd use just regular electricity as I couldn't find the Joule value for it kek.

hate to be that gal, but we can't really use plasma for lightning balls, it's like the criteria for lightning speed, but for AP

hate to be that gal, but we can't really use plasma for lightning balls, it's like the criteria for lightning speed, but for AP
And I have no plans on using it.
I legit couldn't tell that you'd use lightning, I believed you'd use just regular electricity as I couldn't find the Joule value for it kek.
There's no such a thing, and Queen's electricity is stronger than lightning.

Anyway, we are still derailing.

There's no such a thing, and Queen's electricity is stronger than lightning.

Anyway we are still derailing.
This is taking it out of context, I said it because Queen stuff isn't confirmed to be lightning unlike Vulkin's case. If you want to make High 8-C Deltarune anyway I'm not going to stop you.
This and the Maus thing. But yeah, if you want to make the upgrade for Deltarune, feel free to do so after this CRT.

Agreements: @Da3ggman, @Therefir, @Psychomaster35 (On Sun feat), @Expectro2000xxx (On MHS+ Downgrade), @CloverDragon03 (MTT leg)
Neutral: @Rau, @CloverDragon03 (On Sun feat), @Psychomaster35, @Arceus0x
Disagreement: @StrymULTRA, @Thelastmlg (on MHS+ downgrade), @Arceus0x (on MHS+ downgrade), @Jason_Courne (on MTT Leg)

Sun feat and Mettaton Leg EX seems to be approved already. MHS+ needs review as well.

Could you give your [[opinion]] on the other stuff?​

Last edited:
I evaluated Therefir's new Mettaton kick calc that used your measurements. It looks good

As for the lightning speed thing, I have no opinion tbh

Besides, about the Sun thing I have no opinion, but the stardust thing is still worth to be mentioned to be fair.

Neutral in that for now until I hear more opinions
Mine is that

The fact is, Vulkin downscales from a weaker feat, coming from a stronger character.
The fact it's a cloud shouldn't automatically qualify for 1.6 billion joules.

Not only is the energy of the cloud generated by the monster itself,
but natural clouds that generate that much energy are hundreds of thousand of times larger.

There is no reason to scale Vulkin's lightning to real life lightning.
So unless the monster scales to 1.6 billion joules themselves,
this shall not be assumed.

Otherwise, we'd be just working backwards.​

Not only is the energy of the cloud generated by the monster itself,
but natural clouds that generate that much energy are hundreds of thousand of times larger.
Pizza Tower. We accept it even for those sizes, so Vulkin should too.

Besides the gap is barely x2 come on now. This wiki has the issue of cockblocking common sense based on minor stuff like this, so let's better not repeat this mistake, okay?

Back