• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universe-sized Dimensions and Pocket Realms (Staff Only)

Medeus makes sense to me as well. Thank you for helping out.

Some of the grammar preferably needs to be cleaned up for better text flow though.

> If there outright stated to be completely separated by the barriers of time and space and either stated or shown to be reasonable in size, such as having countless galaxies, then they should indeed be universes.

This one is a no, since pocket timespaces are a very, very common thing in fiction.

>Saying that it "Mirrors your world" doesn't not automatically equate to mirroring the entire universe you came from as World can also mean planet. And it can even refer to locations in between planet and Universe. And even if the realms are larger than planet sized, the "Your World" aspect often refers to specific sceneries rather than the entire Space-Time Continuum.

No to this one. If a world is stated to mirror a world that is a universe, it would obviously make it a universe. World clearly doesn't only mean a planet if the "mirror world" is shown to contain celestial bodies beyond just the Earth. This is being excessively nitpicky when the context should be clear on what it's conveying. If it's explicitly only a planet that's contained in it that's a different story.

>No to this one. If a world is stated to mirror a world that is a universe, it would obviously make it a universe. World clearly doesn't only mean a planet if the "mirror world" is shown to contain celestial bodies beyond just the Earth.

Agreed. Sounds like something I said word-for-word in the past concerning some verse out there.

And you're correct.

TheImagineBreaker121212 said:
a world existing like a mirror alongside another universe, that's called a parallel universe.
Yes, tough that obviously doesn't always stay true for every verse. Naming is the least consistent in all that stuff.

I'm agreeing with everything here, too, but I would say that certain times making a mirror world for a verse where the best feats or statements are tier 8 should be looked at with scrutiny. That's more about outliers from case to case tough.

I have a suggestion on how a note could look like, but I think it better fits on the Tiering System page.

"It is common for characters to be scaled to feats involving different spaces containing celestial bodies. However, they may or may not be universal in size. What may qualify a different space as being a universe can be statements outright calling it a universe, being infinite or having no end, or described in terms that would directly imply it being a universe. If they lack the necessary context in order to be considered a universe, it is most appropriate to tier them based on what is shown inside them. For instance, a space containing a sun would be High 4-C. If it has multiple stars, it would be 4-A."

Do any staff members have other suggestions for a footnote, or should we use a cleaned up version of Medeus' draft in a separate page or as a footnote version with mostly hidden text expanded by a click?

Shadow does have a point. Now that I think about it, a clarification note under the description for 3-A in the Tier System page might be a better idea since it's more based on Tier than the actual AP value.

Sera EX said:
I think if it's called a universe, showing to contain a galaxy is safe enough to consider it's universe-sized.
Any other term (dimension/realm/reality/etc.) would be rated as 3-C.
So should the individual size of a dimension said to exist "closer to reality" be low 2-C or 3-C? Let's say we just see one galaxy for simplicity's sake.

Because claims made like alternate reality are pretty equivalent comparisons and get pretty across the board equivalence to universe sized based off the usually universe sized "reality" in question getting compared to the second said dimension?

Mostly asking using Majora from Zelda as an example here with his feats.

Antvasima said:
Do any staff members have other suggestions for a footnote, or should we use a cleaned up version of Medeus' draft in a separate page or as a footnote version with mostly hidden text expanded by a click?
Do you have the time and energy to handle this now Sera?

Terminal is straight up called an alternate universe and its not the only one.

If it's called alternate reality, parallel world (especially if it mirrors the main setting of the world you play in) or similar things like these it should be good especially when context is provided to support it.

So let's say some human guy from our universe/reality in question says "This Dimension B is closer to reality!". Yes or no is that another way to say it is akin to the alternate reality analogy and that Dimension B would be defined as universe sized due to being relative to the preceeding reality being known as a universe sized dimension?

Ah I see guess that would qualify then being that it is a similar thing and is worded the same as mirroring due to being closer to a universe.

Do you have the time and energy to handle this now Sera?

Or are any other staff members willing to help out?

I almost forgot about this...I can't ever focus on a specific thing when I have to juggle multiple CRTs, especially those involving big named verses that people are attempting to rank too high or assign a too-powerful abilities to. CRTs are becoming a bit problematic in that they are preventing progress in other areas (due to how many of them require staff nowadays).

Mini-rant over.

I wasn't saying otherwise, just noting why we get off track sometimes.

Can somebody summarise what we need to do here and what our conclusions are so far?

Antvasima said:
I believe this action is where we left off.

One of the suggestions was to add a footnote to the tiering system/attack potency page, such as this draft by ShadowWarrior.

Another suggestion was to use Medeus' draft from here, either as a footnote under a collapsible, or on a separate page.

I don't think there was wide consensus on what to do. Sera was going to work on it but was too busy.

Thank you. Medeus' suggestion seems to make sense to me, but it should probably be reformatted to a collapsible format, in order to not take up too much space in the footnotes section.

Here it is in collapsible format. I also cleaned up a typo.

Universe-sized Pocket Realms Guidelines​
It is common for fictional characters to be scaled based on creating one or multiple "Worlds", "Dimensions", or "Realms". However, many users may often be confused on whether those are synonyms of universes or simply pocket realities. They may have indications of being quite large, but they still require some more in depth or specific evidence to truly be universes. Otherwise, they will simply be pocket realities judged by their known size.
  • These are notes that the worlds are indeed universes; while they don't need all of these, at least one of them should indicate this.
    • If they are outright called universes or stated to be the size of universes by a reliable source, they should be considered universes.
    • If the size of the realms described has having infinite sizes or other synonyms, that should strongly indicate them being universes.
    • If they are outright stated to be completely separated by the barriers of time and space and either stated or shown to be reasonable in size, such as having countless galaxies, then they should indeed be universes.
    • If they're flat out stated to be entire timelines, then they are indeed alternate universes.
    • Being labeled as "Entire Alternate Realities" generally indicates them being called universes, but the context and semantics should preferably be specified.
    • If they're stated to mirror "The Universe" or "Our Universe" or "The Real World", they would refer to being universes.
  • These statements are not enough to call them universes; they may support the ideas when backed up by examples above, but none of them individually or altogether may be enough.
    • Having a starry sky may qualify as being a 4-A sized pocket reality, but not enough to be a universe without more evidence.
    • Having multiple galaxies within it should qualify as a 3-B sized pocket reality, but not enough to be a universe without more context or evidence.
    • A realm having time that works somewhat differently is not enough to be considered a Universe as nonlinear time within a single universe exists. And the realm should still have a confirmed appropriate size to back it up.
    • The Worlds being different bodies of space is not enough to consider them universes, as that does not quite prove they have different timelines. Especially if they are afterlives. Afterlives often are different bodies of space, but are generally condensed in the same timeline unless there's more proof otherwise.
    • Being "Different Worlds, Realms, or Dimensions" requires more elaborate context and even "Dreams, Imaginations and Ideas becoming reality" is not enough to say the "Worlds" are entire universes. "Becoming Reality" often simply refers more to "Becoming a piece of reality" as opposed to each and every Dream becoming an "Entire Reality".
    • Saying that it "Mirrors your world" does not automatically equate to mirroring the entire universe you came from as World can also mean planet. And it can even refer to locations in between planet and Universe. And even if the realms are larger than planet sized, the "Your World" aspect often refers to specific sceneries rather than the entire Space-Time Continuum. And just because world frequently refers to universe doesn't mean everything larger than a planet that is called a world is a universe.

Seems good. Only little thing in saying "most certainly" for the mirror reality part. There'll always be exceptions (The Gamer, off the top of my head, has a mirror reality specifically the size of earth).

But that is really minor and doesn't need to be changed.

Yeah I can't think of a great way to account for that.

Back